magik

Bring back Beacon

Question on Returning a Fight Club Map, Beacon?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Asylum, Beacon, or Baylan map the most?

While the 2014 Halloween event and new Asylum map was nice, I was sad to see Beacon removed from Fight Club.

For those newer players, Asylum, the wholly unoptimized mess it is, was brought to APB as an event for Halloween, and it never left.

The map itself has many areas where the game can drop 10 or 20 frames/second for some rooms and hallways, then adding explosions, and firefights, it doesn't end well for many users.

I know plenty of veterans that have asked for Beacon to be brought back, and it has, a couple times for a few events, and only temporary. While Asylum was a shiny new map, it has since lost it's shine, and now, in my opinion, just been a shiny turd since being implemented into APB.

Beacon was a much better map, and ran significantly better on lower end hardware, with more people in a single map than Asylum has. The height differences, tight spaces, and open roof has allowed for much more diverse experiences than the tight hallways, and cramped rooms of Asylum. Sure there are the few open areas where a long range tactics could be used, the stale gameplay in Ablington Towers will continuously force players to either camp, or exclusively rush into halls of dozens of enemies.

I'd like to poll the playerbase as to see how many people actually want to bring back Beacon permanently, or rotate the maps biweekly, or monthly; everyone can enjoy their favorite map.

I would very much like to hear the opinions the rest of you guys have about the two (and I guess Baylan, so three... since that's a thing) maps.

Thanks,

Serg

Also, my bad, I forgot to read the Suggestions Forum Rules before posting... sorry... If a GM could correct my Title to clarify that this is for the game, that would be great.

I don't want to see anything replaced, but a weekly rotation or something would be sick IMO.

. . . alternatively, we might just get enough players we can run all three all the time, or better yet add more FC maps and have a 2-3 map selection that rotated.

• Like 4

There might be disagreement on bringing back beacon, but I think we can all agree that bringing back old threads is bad. . .

. . . can you please double check before you necro a thread?

How about making a map from the ground up designed and built specifically for fight club rather than bringing back terribly modified versions of mission district that don't work for FC at all.

• Like 1