Since LO is so busy working on background stuff and this game hasn't had any real NEW content in.... Ever? Can we get an APB API so the community can create our own content? If you dont want to spend the time doing that, could you drop more info into the log files so we can create content by scraping the log?

Could we get an in depth view on the build process for APB assets? I'm sure there are creative individual who would be willing to come up with their own creations and share. 

• Like 1

dont think we will get this sadly lol. even tho I would love to use APB API on my signature maker lol

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You trying to hack the game huh?

youtube has API, facebook has API, Google has API
So... 🤔

1 minute ago, Keshi said:
youtube has API, facebook has API, Google has API
So... 🤔
No wonder those websites get leaks all the time. 
So....🤔
  • Like 1

Not sure what you mean by leak... an API will only expose what you tell it to, nothing more nothing less.

2 hours ago, Margravine said:

Not sure what you mean by leak... an API will only expose what you tell it to, nothing more nothing less.

Of course that's what a hacker would say. I am on to you. Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

It would be really nice to have, but I think this will remain one of those things we can only dream of

6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
Of course that's what a hacker would say. I am on to you.
We still struggle with clinton emails and they want api in the presence of the russian server 🤦‍♂️

Jokes aside how would this work and would they be able to monetize it? 

30 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

would they be able to monetize it? 

per every X amount of requests they could charge a small amount (If I'm not mistaken that's how that usually goes)

Basically like paid mods, but, the content isn't like a mod... and may or may not be paid...?
Plus it could give a lot more inspiration to new content that could be created. ( I really wanna have a miata in apb... like really really)

This is one of the worst ideas I  have seen in a long time
The APB coding is none of your business and only someone who either is admin who needs access to the server to update it , or hackers who want our info would  need this coding.

Also it was announced new content comes AFTER the engine upgrade so that it is easier to do rather than try to do it with this spaghetti coding which is making  the updated engine difficult to begin with.

Seriously do you guys making these "new content needed" threads even read up on all the announcements?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

This is one of the worst ideas I  have seen in a long time
The APB coding is none of your business and only someone who either is admin who needs access to the server to update it , or hackers who want our info would  need this coding.

Also it was announced new content comes AFTER the engine upgrade so that it is easier to do rather than try to do it with this spaghetti coding which is making  the updated engine difficult to begin with.

Seriously do you guys making these "new content needed" threads even read up on all the announcements?

I do. Also, an API isn't spaghetti code, it's not something that updates the servers, nor a way for a hacker to get our info. API's are used as a toolbox to create ~x~ product. They give developers the ability to implement a task or object to mesh with the code of the API they're being taken from. (like Google's VR API for people to produce apps and stuffs for Google Cardboard)
It would be beneficial for someone who wants to create something for the game, design it, and suggest the finished product for the developers to modify and implement without having to start from scratch.

if you read the announcements and still think there's no spaghetti coding for them to fix then you're not eating spaghetti you're eating worms

On 8/30/2018 at 11:58 PM, Fortune Runner said:

if you read the announcements and still think there's no spaghetti coding for them to fix then you're not eating spaghetti you're eating worms

An API would be based on the new engine - ✅
An API would also require actual knowledge and coding experience to create - ✅
An API would also reduce the total "spaghetti code" - ✅

On top of that, you didn't understand what I said, because I agree, APB has spaghetti code in the current engine, on the current build. What I talked about would be an API, which would provide a more cohesive, and integral method of adding in and changing pieces of the game. Regardless if it was only kept in house, it would allow for the engineers to ensure future code remains untangled.
If it were given to the public, then ideas and suggestions for the game would be easily integrated into the game.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:23 PM, Margravine said:

Since LO is so busy working on background stuff and this game hasn't had any real NEW content in.... Ever? Can we get an APB API so the community can create our own content? If you dont want to spend the time doing that, could you drop more info into the log files so we can create content by scraping the log?

Could we get an in depth view on the build process for APB assets? I'm sure there are creative individual who would be willing to come up with their own creations and share. 

Never said anything about API in particular being bad nor did I say it was good.
The topic is giving the coding to everyone like sourceforge does and that  coding for APB never belongs in the public.
This is not Skyrim to make mods this is an online game and it's company.
I don't care what they code it with as long as its a viable solution that is also  secure and good for APB all around.
But at no time should that be open source for anyone outside of Little Orbit to have access to which is what the  topic is about.

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
Never said anything about API in particular being bad nor did I say it was good.
The topic is giving the coding to everyone like sourceforge does and that  coding for APB never belongs in the public.
This is not Skyrim to make mods this is an online game and it's company.
I don't care what they code it with as long as its a viable solution that is also  secure and good for APB all around.
But at no time should that be open source for anyone outside of Little Orbit to have access to which is what the  topic is about. 
Handing out an API won't give the coding to everyone. It's like a tiny reference for game files, thus allowing coders, and players who wish, to implement ideas into the game. (much like how TF2 and CS:GO allow for guns and hats etc. to be made by players, and uploaded to the workshop. You can't actually play with them online, but you can still develop them. If enough people like it, then thus, it gets implemented into the full game.

AT NO TIME SHOULD PLAYERS HAVE THE CODING FOR APB THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT THAT IS VALID

This is an online game....  not an offline team fortress 2
Already stated this is not like modding Skyrim....

You have no reason whatsoever to be allowed to tamper with APB files

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

AT NO TIME SHOULD PLAYERS HAVE THE CODING FOR APB THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT THAT IS VALID

This is an online game....  not an offline team fortress 2
Already stated this is not like modding Skyrim....

You have no reason whatsoever to be allowed to tamper with APB files

i think you're just fundamentally misunderstanding whats being discussed

even i get it (i think), and im a caveman when it comes to technical stuff