Cru

Diamond threat

Here an idea: Diamond Threat 
Make that obtainable only from playing in gold district , and make it worth something ( like some name tag , skin , outfit or something )

So good golds will go play in theyr own district ( now always empty ) , and maybe this will make players interested again on playing the game .
The ranking factor is crucial for the longivity of the game and takes the player  keep playing ur game!

Edited by Cru

29 minutes ago, Unclean said:

or....

We get rid of the threat system

giphy.gif

why? populars games that worked trhought the years are all based on a ranked sistem that keeps the player playing the game , this is the basic for a game like apb, try to remove ranked sistem from overwatch or league legends and u will see how fast he dies.
This game dyed cuz it hasnt any ranked sistem if it had one , maybe was popular 😉
P.s. I'll make u an example , i played league of legends for 6 years , the last 2\3 years i rly hated the game , but kept tryharding on it until i got the master rank , then finaly quit.
If there wasnt a ranked sistem u can be sure i quitted the game years before , and maybe didnt even play it for more then 2 mounths , and like me thousand of players.
Ranking sistem gives addiction , forcing u to play and improve , thats a fact. Edited by Cru

And then there would be 10 diamons online at peak hours. How long do you think they would stick to Gold district and keep playing same people over and over again?

there aren’t enough good golds to support a district, and this suggestion wouldn’t do anything for the average to bad golds since they wouldn’t be able to achieve the new threat level in the first place

• Like 1

diamonds + all gold players that are trying hard to get it or just playing in gold district , meanwhile in silver district they can breath fresh air 

about 4 years ago(i dont remember), gold players restricted to join Gold district.
But it was unplayable , except peak hours. many players leave APB.
And now in jericho , being same situation in silver district.
Please don't . If APB have enough player maybe it works , but now it won't.

Right now players are cramped into 2 threat levels, silver+below and gold, due to the district threat locks and being able to play down one threat level.
Green rank is non-existent in terms of skill level, its next to impossible to get it.
Bronze rank is barely existent as well, since apparantly it's top limit is really low as well, hence you barely ever see a bronzie even in the bronze districts.
Silver rank is the average player, apparantly this rank has decent sized bottom-top limits seen as the difference between low silvers and high silvers (fake golds) is quite big.
Gold rank is decently high up in terms of skill level, but still very reachable for the average player that gets serious about the game.

We dont need a new rank, neither a removal of the system. A removal of the system would just mean a rework of skill level measurement which would be hidden from a player, taking out the fun of ranking up.

The threat level system can work fine but never has because of the increments set for the ranks (Bottom limit and rank up limit of a threat level).
If true newbies would be green until they could hold their own against a bronze player, and vice versa for turning silver or gold it would be absolutely fine.
The 3rd out of 4 ranks is what the average player is measured at, whilst their skill levels differ immensely.
With 2 nonexistent ranks everyone is cramped into 2 ranks, of course matchmaking is terrible, within those 2 ranks skill levels are bound to be world appart.

4 Threat levels might be a bit too many for APB's current playerbase, I expect it'd leave players too divided in terms of threat throughout most of the day to properly fill up districts. But 3 defenitely could work, even as it is now. Not to mention the effort a dethreater would have to put in to be able to play against players way below his own skill level would increase quite significantly.

Edited by Slickmund

1 hour ago, Cru said:
why? populars games that worked trhought the years are all based on a ranked sistem that keeps the player playing the game , this is the basic for a game like apb, try to remove ranked sistem from overwatch or league legends and u will see how fast he dies.
This game dyed cuz it hasnt any ranked sistem if it had one , maybe was popular 😉
P.s. I'll make u an example , i played league of legends for 6 years , the last 2\3 years i rly hated the game , but kept tryharding on it until i got the master rank , then finaly quit.
If there wasnt a ranked sistem u can be sure i quitted the game years before , and maybe didnt even play it for more then 2 mounths , and like me thousand of players.
Ranking sistem gives addiction , forcing u to play and improve , thats a fact.
Playing with no threat on console is fun. Playing with the fps and the crashing is a challenge 🤔  

We don't need a further split to the player base. Especially since people who are Gold (but not skilled enough to be, really) like me are already getting really, really frustrated by both the inability for us to actually go down in threat like we should be doing naturally (we're stuck gold because of constant dethreaters it seems) and the lack of districts available for play most of the time -- usually there is, at peak hours, ONE financial that we can enter and NO waterfronts. It kind of really sucks, as it means it's next to impossible to level any waterfront contacts at the moment.

We need a solution that's better than the current green/bronze/silver/gold threat system, and adding more ranks to that would split the player base a lot more.

Edited by Mightyena

I swear I have to type up everyday why adding new threat colours to the game does not actually do anything and none of you ever listen.

11 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I swear I have to type up everyday why adding new threat colours to the game does not actually do anything and none of you ever listen.

I was about to post a joke about "needs," seeming as you don't have to write these responses, but then I remembered the last time I got a warning and my post removed about a particular touchy subject.

diamond ...sure not
teambalance yes
(or what we ve got on css past time an "antiroxx" system, less hp for higher rank )

Edited by SK4LP

threat system is fine as is, just show the individual 1-10s again so you have an idea of how skilled each player is

theres no need to add a new threat, or remove threat. it worked fine before.

green, bronze, silver, gold is dumb as fuck.

bronze 1-10, silver 1-10, gold 1-10 was a very accurate representation of skill, and the entire reasoning behind removing things of its nature was simply to further casualize and remove competitive aspects of the game to appeal to the lowest common denominator so G1 could make more money. (i have thought about this for a long time and i just can't think of any reason why it was removed outside of that. same with ladders.)

the best part about this

1. the symbols for it already exist, and look far better than our current threat symbols, and they are a more helpful representation of who you should be concerned about vs useless rating representations.
2. players know and recognize if you're g8 or higher, youre literally top of the top and they will be aware of this, instead of assuming you're a gold 1 newbie.

you can have my newborn if this is returned to the game, i spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours working towards gold 10 at the time. was the most rewarding thing in the game to reach, and my friends really enjoyed the journey too. right now there isn't anything to work for once youre max, bring back some competition! plus, it was super sick when you got g10 and you entered a district. "MattScott, a high threat player has entered the district!"
@MattScott

Edited by Virgil

figured id bump this with some nostalgia

old threats:
rRJEKNO.png
leaderboards:
GkWxICh.png
q73VmAl.png

Edited by Virgil

Jesus, can we get a pinned message explaining how adding more threat levels will solve nothing? Please??