Sign in to follow this  
Zealocke

Police Sirens

As i was saying on the old forums, could you make police sirens do same effect as the horn but "bigger"? Currently they are useless and only for cool factor

Not much people have a use for the siren and plus, I find it a nuisance because it makes sounds harder to hear.

I can hear footsteps

And see dead people

That's because the sirens sound awful and you can barely see the lighting.

Make it sound and look good and people will use it.

9 minutes ago, rifledude said:

That's because the sirens sound awful and you can barely see the lighting.

Make it sound and look good and people will use it.

No. No one uses it because it further gives away your position. Not to mention it is sort of just a tertiary feature that is in the background to the actual core gameplay.

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

No. No one uses it because it further gives away your position. Not to mention it is sort of just a tertiary feature that is in the background to the actual core gameplay.

I would argue that it is the mini map markets that give people away. Most people simply ignore siren noises, especially in areas with a ton of players.

There are many things in this game that are background things non essential to core gameplay. All of the outfits, music, emotes, symbols, and gun skins. Somehow I doubt anybody wants less of any of those features, and may even want them improved.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rifledude said:

I would argue that it is the mini map markets that give people away. Most people simply ignore siren noises, especially in areas with a ton of players.

There are many things in this game that are background things non essential to core gameplay. All of the outfits, music, emotes, symbols, and gun skins. Somehow I doubt anybody wants less of any of those features, and may even want them improved.

Sirens can be heard further out than the minimap goes. Also if you leave your sirens on on a vehicle that contains car spawner they will give it away too.

Except that creation is a part of the core gameplay. RTW even going as far to name it as one of their three pillars of the game (Conflict, Creation, Celebrity).

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Sirens can be heard further out than the minimap goes. Also if you leave your sirens on on a vehicle that contains car spawner they will give it away too.

Except that creation is a part of the core gameplay. RTW even going as far to name it as one of their three pillars of the game (Combat, Creation, Celebrity).

Sounds like a good reason to improve it, such as allowing players to mute them while leaving lights on at will. I really don't think if your beyond minimap range it's really going to give you away.

Creation is not part of the core gameplay no matter what marketing team tells you that it is. Creation is great in this game, and its a big draw, but it's totally inconsequential to the core gameplay loop.

My point here is sirens are already in the game. It doesn't have to be a priority, but there's probably a good chunk of players out there that would appreciate a polish on that feature.

I, for one, certainly would like an improvement on sirens. Even though I hate enforcers, and sirens.

16 minutes ago, rifledude said:

Sounds like a good reason to improve it, such as allowing players to mute them while leaving lights on at will. I really don't think if your beyond minimap range it's really going to give you away.

Creation is not part of the core gameplay no matter what marketing team tells you that it is. Creation is great in this game, and its a big draw, but it's totally inconsequential to the core gameplay loop.

My point here is sirens are already in the game. It doesn't have to be a priority, but there's probably a good chunk of players out there that would appreciate a polish on that feature.

If you're a competitive player any little sound can be a big advantage. Hearing a siren outside minimap radius can give just as much information as a footstep.

Except that those three pillars were actually a minor part of marketing. It was a core part of the design philosophy within the game that propagated to all elements of APB.

• Like 1

One thing is competitiveness and entirelly another is being coherent with reality.

Also you can know when someone comes just by the sound of the engine/music.

In a game where you have to play the cop, minimum you should have a police siren that does its job properly.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

One thing is competitiveness and entirelly another is being coherent with reality.

Also you can know when someone comes just by the sound of the engine/music.

In a game where you have to play the cop, minimum you should have a police siren that does its job properly.

Lore wise you are not playing as cops in APB. Also APB is not a cop vs robbers game. It is a competitive shooter with the backdrop in a setting that revolves around similar conflict as cops vs robbers.

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Lore wise you are not playing as cops in APB. Also APB is not a cop vs robbers game. It is a competitive shooter with the backdrop in a setting that revolves around similar conflict as cops vs robbers.

Still, a police siren is a police siren. Why they give you the option to use them if you cant use them properly.

10 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

Do we even have sirens? Even car alarms sound better than that squeeking

Even better then. Why not better sounding and useful sirens.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

Even better then. Why not better sounding and useful sirens.

I used to spam about it back in the days when they still had sound guy but G1 had wooden ears

So just have the option to toggle lights and sirens separately. Make lights and sirens actually work correctly instead of a glorified glow horn. Give them the blinding effect that newer police lights do and make them a lot louder. That way people can decide when they are using it and when they are not. Whether they want to go in as quiet as possible, or confidently tell the enemy "I'm here, come fight me."

Edited by EventideOne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EventideOne said:

So just have the option to toggle lights and sirens separately. Make lights and sirens actually work correctly instead of a glorified glow horn. Give them the blinding effect that newer police lights do and make them a lot louder. That way people can decide when they are using it and when they are not. Whether they want to go in as quiet as possible, or confidently tell the enemy "I'm here, come fight me."

You actually can. You can choose to have no siren an have lights. However as i said before, sirens do nothing, civies dont even run away from em

5 hours ago, Zealocke said:

You actually can. You can choose to have no siren an have lights. However as i said before, sirens do nothing, civies dont even run away from em

I meant in game not at the kiosk. And as far as civies running from lights,They do, it’s just that the AI is bad overall. They will sometimes run in front of your car if you honk. 

15 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Do we even have sirens? Even car alarms sound better than that squeeking

The good old Ghostbuster windup is amazing,  its pure annoying joy, the entire pint of what a siren has to do.

On 5/28/2018 at 2:25 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I DO; WEEEOOOW WEEEOOOOW WEEEEEOOOOOW WEOW WEOW WEOW, 

why so much tryharding, they are there to be noisy.

• Like 2

Enforcers aren't even real cops, why would they need sirens in the first place? They are only a fun gimmick, but I honestly wouldn't use them regardless of how good they worked.

If anything, I wish you could use the lights and the siren indipendently.

Would be awesome to see improvements made to this, especially for the roleplayers out there. Current sirens are a bit lackluster and the lights look pretty awful. I do hope with the engine upgrade, these things will look better.

11 hours ago, Nessie said:

Enforcers aren't even real cops, why would they need sirens in the first place? They are only a fun gimmick, but I honestly wouldn't use them regardless of how good they worked.

If anything, I wish you could use the lights and the siren indipendently.

to pretent their real cop like attitude, I got a badge so I get a Siren.

In the end, as enforcer, you end with neutral cars with low profile sirens.

nU7wkRK.png

Having a police car as enforcer is a must, but then it gets boring. And sirens are mostly to annoy, i dont use them otherwise.

Anyways i dont understand what is wrong with current sirens, do you want more flash and noice?

On 6/1/2018 at 3:53 AM, LuzExtinguido said:

In the end, as enforcer, you end with neutral cars with low profile sirens.

Hide contents

nU7wkRK.png

Having a police car as enforcer is a must, but then it gets boring. And sirens are mostly to annoy, i dont use them otherwise.

Anyways i dont understand what is wrong with current sirens, do you want more flash and noice?

I would like to have a reason to use em thats not "having fun" or "roleplay". Poor sirens dont even scare the civvies off.

I would like to see new updates for sirens. I am playing as enforcer and I am loving to use them. I never lost a game, because of using Sirens or Music. This Argue is totaly wrong. ... 

Cop Role should have cop Parts like louder Police sound and brighter Flashlights. Cops who dont wanna use it, can set it off in settings within social district. 

I would welcome it, to see new Police Lights, new Police sound, and new Form of police flashlights. Furthermore you could add, police lights in headlights, for unmarked Police Cars 😄