Sign in to follow this  
TitoRukas

[GAME] Attract more players to the game.

It is obvious that one of the biggest APB problems is low population on servers, maybe now there are some more players, but there is no a big community for each country like one day was. For example, I'm from Spain and its hard to find spanish people to play with, or a clan with active people.

Long time ago APB has lot more of players, so first of all LO must focus on looking why people has left the game (maybe hackers, boring, p2w...) and fix that problems before try to get new users to the game.

Now my suggestions: 

Refeer a friend was good, but not so much players stayed, game need something that make you continue playing it. But it should be re-added.

Adding cases that you can buy with APB$$ will be interesting because will motivate people to keep playing to have a change to get a permanent weapon or even some days of premium.

Another suggestion will be using Steam Market, but I think this will be almost impossible to make as there is also a market inside the game, but can be interesting.

Giving rewards to active players that log-in and play every day will motivate them to keep playing.

If you have any suggestion leave it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

if they can properly get rid of cheaters, and fix performance the game has good chances to become populated again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

if they can properly get rid of cheaters, and fix performance the game has good chances to become populated again.

Another important think will be making new players see that the game isn't pay2win, maybe adding cases like other games is solution.

• Like 1

i'm sure they will do something to bring back the game. Right now their main focus on BattleEye integration. Also the refer a friend system was easily exploitable. Maybe if they could make it a way so that it's more fair

get streamers to stream and advertise the game once its more fleshed out because alot of people dont actually know about apb

I think everything that has been suggested here, LO have it on a list to consider already.

One Little Orbit has got the new Anti Cheat system and the Engine Upgrade up and running, Word of mouth of APB making a comeback should raise the levels of the population naturally anyway.

3 minutes ago, SgtOzone said:

get streamers to stream and advertise the game once its more fleshed out because alot of people dont actually know about apb

Yeah, once the game is significantly more representable I'm sure they've got some plans to advertise the game and spread the word in general. Like Matt has said previously, there's a bit of a stigma around the APB name itself that will take some time, effort and hard work to reverse.

On 5/28/2018 at 6:12 AM, LilyV3 said:

dont forget about fixing the whole matchmaking thing. it doesnt really matters if we have no cheaters, if the day 1 bronzies and silvers gets put against people with 5K hours in the game. they will feel like they are cheaters, and they will leave the game.

polar_bear4.jpg

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

4 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

dont forget about fixing the whole matchmaking thing. it doesnt really matters if we have no cheaters, if the day 1 bronzies and silvers gets put against people with 5K hours in the game. they will feel like they are cheaters, and they will leave the game.

polar_bear4.jpg

thats going to eb a tough task, especially when cheaters reroll they will first meet exactly those poor bronzes.

The game is not very newbie friendly. The menu system is a mess and very confusing if you have no idea what you're doing. Most new players click the big button to join a district and have no idea what to do after that. If the district they are big button'd into is empty, they think the game is dead. I am sure there are a lot of people who downloaded the game but they have no idea what they are doing and quit shortly there after. A better tutorial and making sure new players are in a populated district is key to them staying around.

To keep long time players around I agree that daily activities are a good idea. However, I was under the impression that with the current system, they are unable to automatically set up daily activities and it has to be done manually. With any luck the engine gets upgraded and they can automatically add daily/weekly activities and provide an incentive for people to log in/play daily. 

• Like 1

What some people haven’t realized is that Yesterday (at least for Jericho) we had the most almost full mission instances we’ve had in a while. At least 2 Bronze and 2 Silver for Each District with over 20players per faction. This game is already making a comeback and Little Orbit has barely done anything but a few public announcements to the community. This is our end of the bargain. Keep calling people in to the game get your friends to play the game again. With each bit of progress Little Orbit makes, it will increase faith in them and what they’ve said and more and more players will join. We are the best publicity. I know that if my new CPU solves my bottlenecking issues with streaming and playin high graphics games, I’ll try and start streaming, adding APB into the games I’ll be playing on stream if I feel It’s in a Good place to do so. 

Большинство россиян играют на Цитадели. Необходимо объединить два сервера с небольшим онлайн Некрова и Цитадель - в один новый с большим онлайн. Это будет удобно для игроков и выгодно для администрации.

On 5/28/2018 at 12:33 AM, TitoRukas said:

Refeer a friend was good, but not so much players stayed, game need something that make you continue playing it. But it should be re-added.

Adding cases that you can buy with APB$$ will be interesting because will motivate people to keep playing to have a change to get a permanent weapon or even some days of premium.

Another suggestion will be using Steam Market, but I think this will be almost impossible to make as there is also a market inside the game, but can be interesting.

Giving rewards to active players that log-in and play every day will motivate them to keep playing.

Refer a friend was terribly implemented unfortunately, and most people just abused it by making new accounts with their friends (who already played the game) to farm the rewards, so it was primarily not used for its intended purpose of bringing in new people.

I don't have anything strong opinion for or against this, but it would need to be carefully balanced for the economy of the game.

I'd love to see steam market integration but it can cause issues with Legendary weapons and "real money"-trading, aswell as it would some restrictions on what items would be available for trading.

Giving incentives for people to come back is a good idea. Would be good with an improvement over the existing challenges you can do to gain joker tickets.

1 hour ago, Leo80 said:

Большинство россиян играют на Цитадели. Необходимо объединить два сервера с небольшим онлайн Некрова и Цитадель - в один новый с большим онлайн. Это будет удобно для игроков и выгодно для администрации.

"Most Russians play the Citadel. It is necessary to combine two servers with a small online Nekrova and Citadel - into one new one with great online. It will be convenient for the players and beneficial for the administration."

I highly agree with this. Any unique items from Nekrova could be converted to G1C for those players to use on other things in the marketplace.

Edited by Dopefish
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 4:22 PM, LaQuandra said:

The game is not very newbie friendly. The menu system is a mess and very confusing if you have no idea what you're doing. Most new players click the big button to join a district and have no idea what to do after that. If the district they are big button'd into is empty, they think the game is dead. I am sure there are a lot of people who downloaded the game but they have no idea what they are doing and quit shortly there after. A better tutorial and making sure new players are in a populated district is key to them staying around.

To keep long time players around I agree that daily activities are a good idea. However, I was under the impression that with the current system, they are unable to automatically set up daily activities and it has to be done manually. With any luck the engine gets upgraded and they can automatically add daily/weekly activities and provide an incentive for people to log in/play daily. 

Thats true, yesterday a friend downloaded the game, and I had to explain him everything. Maybe a solo mission like planetside has will be nice to teach people how to play, explain what they need to defend, what they need to attack etc.

• Like 3