Unclean

An idea some will love, some may hate.. But will bring LO morale up.

downvote .. guy never tagged me in..

I hope that someday, I'll be able to choose from all of the skins I have for my legendary weapons. 

17 hours ago, Unclean said:
While I fully agree that there is no other game like APB, I completely don't understand you way of thinking here. I, personally, am not willing to spend any money on a game which is running in arguably beta state for 8 years.

1 hour ago, kukki said:
18 hours ago, Unclean said:
While I fully agree that there is no other game like APB, I completely don't understand you way of thinking here. I, personally, am not willing to spend any money on a game which is running in arguably beta state for 8 years.
Cool, but myself and others are willing to support the game we all enjoy to ensure it gets the budget it needs to get out of the horrific state it's been stuck in thanks to the thousands of unneeded, un-editable lines of code thanks to the engine limitations... and receive fresh goodies for our contributions 🙂

1 hour ago, Unclean said:
Cool, but myself and others are willing to support the game we all enjoy to ensure it gets the budget it needs to get out of the horrific state it's been stuck in thanks to the thousands of unneeded, un-editable lines of code thanks to the engine limitations... and receive fresh goodies for our contributions 🙂
Well, compliments for that. I will continue supporting the game if LO digs it out of this state.
  • Like 1

@Unclean

The Revelations Pack back at the time was a terrible pack, and I'd sincerely disagree with anyone that would recommend the pack. 1 car kit got masked as 4 kits, the weapon skins were missing, one of the pack's trousers is still missing, while it's literally the famine trousers without those ugly bones. Let's not talk about the flat tubes of the Pestilence suit...

Design-wise, the pack felt completely out of place.
The guns when they got released weren't as good either. The sniper and the rifle were overall mediocre in performance, and the revolver was and still is ridiculously underpowered.

Besides, back at the time I think people would more likely have recommended the Juggernaut pack. It was released in the same manner as the Revelations pack.

Regarding LO, I support what they're doing, but I honestly have some mixed feelings. Overall they're doing a good job sofar, even though it may have been a better idea to leave major rebalancing for later. 
Communication has been pretty good sofar, even though I think there can be a little more. We'll see when 1.19.7 hits. I expect something about Unreal 3.5. 
I also wonder when LO is going to start reworking ARMAS and the items' pricing, if that's still in the pipeline. 
I guess it's just a matter of waiting.

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 1

Just caused you mentioned me doesn't mean I am going to give you feedback. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my dad.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:10 AM, Hexerin said:

I would also greatly appreciate more loyalty reward tiers, as I've spent more than enough to get at least the next few tiers retroactively. How about slapping that FFA 5.56 R&D III in loyalty rewards, since you can't get it via JMBs anymore? I ask this as someone who already owns the tradeable JMB version, so I have very little to gain from it.

This would nuke the value of some special JMB's. Probably not a good plan for them to use what is intended to be a super rare prize to keep that sweet, sweet gambling money rolling in. I'd argue they'd have to make yet another variant at minimum. With some sort of visual difference to keep the perceived value of the original FFA up.

To add to the idea pool of ways to generate income with existing assets, how about adding the variant role unlocks to ARMAS? Stuff like N-TEC Stock, JG Tactical, etc. The only reason I haven't purchased the N-TEC account bound yet is because I can't purchase the Stock variant. Easy money for the effort of an intern's lunch break.

Those are effectively one of the only forms of in-game progression currently that have meaning to them. All the rest can be bypassed or obtain fancier versions of through armas. Already have a few exceptions and the community was split on them way back when. Wholly against you on this one. 

We still don't have a three slot Scoped N-TEC available, and there's no longer an excuse to not add it as the VAS Scepter exists. Another instant purchase. Slap a scope on the CR-5 and I'd buy that one as well. I like the aesthetic of N-TEC for my Criminal and CR-5 for my Enforcer. Fite me.

This is the only point I'm really with you on. It's been a long requested item and makes absolutely no sense for there to be only presets of it. The VAS like you said just isn't the same. It's the aesthetic people are after in addition to the fact it's an N-TEC. 

If you're feeling extra saucy, how about adding the lineup of Less than Lethal weapons, with the three primaries having open slots? I'd buy all five account bound, without hesitation.

Would have to give everyone a means of obtaining the open slot versions without paying then. Otherwise balance concerns would arise. Certain mods would wind up being straight upgrades. On the opposite side of that fence certain mods like IR would only incur the downsides. As those guns have hard limits on range I believe. Which might result in lots of complaints. Bit of a weird one there. 

I don't know. All of these have been run into the ground over the years. Kinda torn on a lot of these things personally as a result. Some make sense and have never gone anywhere despite numerous requests. Others come across as problematic and have been the source of countless debates (or screaming matches as the case may be with the APB forums). Edited by Genobee

6 minutes ago, Genobee said:

Those are effectively one of the only forms of in-game progression currently that have meaning to them. All the rest can be bypassed or obtain fancier versions of through armas. Already have a few exceptions and the community was split on them way back when. Wholly against you on this one.

i dont quite understand this reasoning, isnt the entire point of armas supposed to be the ability to skip "the grind" for a price?

id much prefer them add more ways to unlock armas weapons ingame (specifically through leveling roles), therefore expanding the pool of players who play with them, therefore expanding the pool of players who purchase them 

1 hour ago, Genobee said:
This would nuke the value of some special JMB's.
The FFA 5.56 R&D III only exists in two Joker Mystery Boxes:
  • Power Joker Mystery Box 9
  • Tiggs Power Joker Mystery Box
Considering the Tiggs box was removed from the store (along with the rest of the previous staff's boxes), it's safe to assume it's not going to be an option in the future. That leaves the standard Power JMB 9 as the only way to potentially obtain the gun, and that box only appears as a reward for events or as a bonus during JMB promotions.

That isn't enough of a reason to justify maintaining the arbitrary perceived rarity of the weapon by refusing to allow other methods of obtainment. Especially since the loyalty reward would lack one significant and key feature the legendary would still have, the ability to be sold on market or traded in the upcoming trade system.

Edited by Hexerin

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:
The FFA 5.56 R&D III only exists in two Joker Mystery Boxes:
  • Power Joker Mystery Box 9
  • Tiggs Power Joker Mystery Box
Considering the Tiggs box was removed from the store (along with the rest of the previous staff's boxes), it's safe to assume it's not going to be an option in the future. That leaves the standard Power JMB 9 as the only way to potentially obtain the gun, and that box only appears as a reward for events or as a bonus during JMB promotions.

That isn't enough of a reason to justify maintaining the arbitrary perceived rarity of the weapon by refusing to allow other methods of obtainment. Especially since the loyalty reward would lack one significant and key feature the legendary would still have, the ability to be sold on market or traded in the upcoming trade system.

FFA 5.56 R&D III became pretty worthless when G1 did the free PJMB mistake.

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:
Considering the Tiggs box was removed from the store (along with the rest of the previous staff's boxes), it's safe to assume it's not going to be an option in the future
That... thats not how logic works at all.

On 8/28/2018 at 10:03 PM, Haganu said:

@Unclean

The Revelations Pack back at the time was a terrible pack, and I'd sincerely disagree with anyone that would recommend the pack. 1 car kit got masked as 4 kits, the weapon skins were missing, one of the pack's trousers is still missing, while it's literally the famine trousers without those ugly bones. Let's not talk about the flat tubes of the Pestilence suit...

Design-wise, the pack felt completely out of place.
The guns when they got released weren't as good either. The sniper and the rifle were overall mediocre in performance, and the revolver was and still is ridiculously underpowered.

Besides, back at the time I think people would more likely have recommended the Juggernaut pack. It was released in the same manner as the Revelations pack.

Regarding LO, I support what they're doing, but I honestly have some mixed feelings. Overall they're doing a good job sofar, even though it may have been a better idea to leave major rebalancing for later. 
Communication has been pretty good sofar, even though I think there can be a little more. We'll see when 1.19.7 hits. I expect something about Unreal 3.5. 
I also wonder when LO is going to start reworking ARMAS and the items' pricing, if that's still in the pipeline. 
I guess it's just a matter of waiting.

Well either one.. I just meant that way of releasing something in phases is all 🙂