Sign in to follow this  
LAPDAlonso

1 minute ago, PrincessTwilight said:

I'm assuming you mean that Pre-fired perfectly timed OSMAW Shot is proof hes walling?
That little alcove is a great place to post up with just about any weapon, let alone an Osmaw. He very likely could of seen you coming up, as you were in his line of sight (remember 3rd person camera) for approx 4 seconds. From there its just some basic prediction, and remember, its possible that was a really lucky shot.

So no, Nothing in that clip is proof.

orrrr that fact that she snapped right to me with a rocket launcher....... watch that again you can see her aiming in the opp direction of me then a quick snap when my hitbox is visible.

3 minutes ago, SirBlackazz said:

orrrr that fact that she snapped right to me with a rocket launcher....... watch that again you can see her aiming in the opp direction of me then a quick snap when my hitbox is visible.

A literal milimeter mouse adjustment is a snap? YOU ARE POINT BLANK. Also, just like ALL weapons in this game, character orientation is not dependent on where the camera is until the person is Shooting or Aiming. So they're literally sitting on the corner, watching you run up, and then start charging up. The "Snap" you think is an aimbot is literally their character orientating to the camera.

People forget about this all the time. 

Edited by TheAceNinja

Just now, SirBlackazz said:

Check my edit, APB very often gives the appearance of snapping. Just because his character wasn't looking at you (evident by the back of his osmaw slightly peeking) doesn't mean he didn't see you. And once he went to fire his character would "Snap"

Plus that's not even accounting for potential other explanations like lag, or just because APB is Buggy.

Just now, PrincessTwilight said:

Check my edit, APB very often gives the appearance of snapping. Just because his character wasn't looking at you (evident by the back of his osmaw slightly peeking) doesn't mean he didn't see you. And once he went to fire his character would "Snap"

Plus that's not even accounting for potential other explanations like lag, or just because APB is Buggy.

Rip, we both edited our post and said the same thing. Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrincessTwilight said:

ah i see, this makes sense. 

10 minutes ago, SirBlackazz said:

Your hitbox isn't even showing when he "snaps".?

You're aware you're playing a 3rd person game right? He's perfectly aware that you're running up to him.

And it looks more like the game didn't update where he was looking, and when you finally get him in view it updates.

9 hours ago, ninetenduh said:

I was told by the staff to do exactly that if I believe someone cheats then I should send them a proof. which I did. If it leads to something, i don't know.

I just wonder how long they can keep tracking and watching. A manual process where laods of videos get send and a lot of them are by people like Raymond, that is not what any human support can handle. Bets Luck to them with this task.

2 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

I just wonder how long they can keep tracking and watching. A manual process where laods of videos get send and a lot of them are by people like Raymond, that is not what any human support can handle. Bets Luck to them with this task.

They look at two/three reports from the guy, and then they know anything he reports is just useless and ignore it.

That's how it usually goes.

2 minutes ago, Tobii said:

They look at two/three reports from the guy, and then they know anything he reports is just useless and ignore it.

That's how it usually goes.

After the 5 videos he's already posted on the old forums, hopefully that's the case now. 

Just now, TheAceNinja said:

After the 5 videos he's already posted on the old forums, hopefully that's the case now. 

The fact that Matt is aware how terrible this community is already, I am pretty sure they have all that stuff covered.

1 hour ago, SirBlackazz said:

No one is hacking here, except his good timing for taking osmaw out, he could've seen you by camping at the wall and look with the camera aside. just stop crying and keep playing unless you have a better proof of real cheater.

9 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

But it is a clear indication this person needs to be watched and acted upon if they are indeed cheating.

And this is why you are silver.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

And this is why you are silver.

Im silver cuz I dont care to try hard in matches nor do I care about the current threat system. If I did ud see me trying like I used to back in 2014-15

11 hours ago, TheAceNinja said:

I mean, unless the person is BLATANTLY snapping, recording someone from an entirely different point of view doesn't mean anything. The problem with this is we're going to have people like Alonso and TankBalll sending 15+ videos a day of "Supposed" cheaters which just takes up time and man-power. 98% of all these videos are going to be akin to someone sending a blurry, shaky cam footage of a "Figure" 200 yards away and claiming it's big foot.

Thats the case in all games, APB is no exception and this will continue even after battle eye is out just at a reduced rate.

7 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Im silver cuz I dont care to try hard in matches nor do I care about the current threat system. If I did ud see me trying like I used to back in 2014-15

Easy excuse, why don't you be real with us? I used to be gold, now I'm silver half the time. It's because I suck more. I'm guessing it's the same with you.

15 hours ago, Ken2 said:

And i thought that it all started with cheaters rekting gold servers; actual golds went to silver interrupting their development; silvers would go bronze to repeat; everyone dethreating; balances issues in the matchmaking; losing more people every time; rebalancing more and so on... but if you say because cheaters were unfairly banned it must be true.

FFbanned over 16,900 accounts.  (Let it sink in.) Surely a number of those were duplicates but... at the time LO took over, about 40 players were left actively playing.  Mike Scott of LO said the majority of the FFbans plus the G1 internal system anticheat bans were UNFAIR AND INACCURATE... obviously a system that emptied out more players than left playing is an EPIC FAIL.

*That said, I was against the original fubared and idiotic Threat Segregation patch when it rolled out.  I played this game when it was actually fun and threat segregation didn't even exist.  No one wanted it.  No one in the community asked for it.  And when it rolled out the vast majority complained, if you ever want to look up the old threads.  But G1 in it's idiocy... or because they actually wrote over the old code and did not preserve an original... were unable to restore what they had fundamentally changed... and the game became severely imbalanced and abusive to "actual" lower threat and often lower ranked players EVER SINCE... WHY?  Because the matchmaking system was altered to more quickly reward actual silver players who played stacked matches into becoming fake golds.  Early in the game a gold player was rare and recognized for his actual SKILL LEVEL.  Many of these true golds took a lot of time to mentor lower skilled and new players and help them out. A lot of them became part of the San Paro mentoring program.

What G1 created by tampering with the original RTW system was an easily exploited system which allowed rampant abuses.  It was obvious where the weaker players were congregated, and instead of a PVP game... it became a PK game of steamroll the op so they don't even have any chance.  Like, who wants to be killed 42 times in a match?  No one, so actual "new trainees" fled the game, and cheater reroll rage hacker trainees took their place... sometimes TKing the hell-o out of their own team, because they were alts and clan-mates of the op who wanted to play WTFpawn and Steamroll lower skill players out of existence. This was a corruption of the original game that went unchecked for YEARS and was entirely G1's own doing.

Even now if LO were to revert the game back to it's original state and simply start over, learning from the mistakes of G1 and re-implementing the successes such as the new contacts and some of the new mods and guns... and with a bit of advertising might actually recapture the time when APB had two million active accounts playing.

Edited by Rebelliousness

32 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

FFbanned over 16,900 accounts.  (Let it sink in.) Surely a number of those were duplicates but... at the time LO took over, about 40 players were left actively playing.  Mike Scott of LO said the majority of the FFbans plus the G1 internal system anticheat bans were UNFAIR AND INACCURATE...

Where are you getting this stuff from?

Ignoring the 16,900 FF bans thing, because I'm ignorant on the "how many people were banned" subject... 40 players actively playing? Steamcharts shows the lowest population (within a month) being at 222. And that was only for an hour. Give or take 2 hours, and the population goes to 500. But let's take worst case scenario, and say you just happened to be on during the worst possible time. You're telling me that 180 players were online, but not "actively playing" or something?

I'm aware that APB sometimes doesn't close properly, and Steam still sees it running (At which point, most other steam games won't launch.). But that'd mean that 80% of APB players had that bug, and none of them fixed it. Your "40 players" number seems like absolute bs to me.

As for "Majority" of bans being unfair, if you're talking about the Q&A stream, you misread or something. Here's the quote I think you read, but then ignored parts and misunderstood others:

specifically the

bulk of the cheating bans are going to be reversed ; the community is going to get a second chance. We’re not going to unban all players, for instance players committing credit card fraud, but we’re going to unban the majority of the bans.

Edited by Guartorias
You're your and yo'ur

34 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

FFbanned over 16,900 accounts.  (Let it sink in.) Surely a number of those were duplicates but... at the time LO took over, about 40 players were left actively playing.  Mike Scott of LO said the majority of the FFbans plus the G1 internal system anticheat bans were UNFAIR AND INACCURATE... obviously a system that emptied out more players than left playing is an EPIC FAIL.

He said that there were undoubtedly unfair and inaccurate bans and because of that, they were unbanning the majority of people FFd for cheating. But he didn't say that the majority of the FF bans were unfair and inaccurate. It's an important distinction. It's quite likely they're unbanning the majority because they just don't have the resources to investigate each ban and only undo the unfair ones, not because the majority of bans were wrong.

You should really look a little deeper into the FF ban statistics than just the overall number. Just over half of the bans, 8900 or so, were on characters under R40. You can bet most of those were just really bad rerolling ragehackers (at least 200+ were Film) who were squashed by FF quickly because they were blatant as hell and were absolutely not unfairly banned. Ditto the further 4400 between R40 and R80.

21 hours ago, HandThatFeeds said:

you can change IP.

You cannot change your HWID.

people can even easily change their phones IMEI,changing your HWID is not hard too

4 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

FFbanned over 16,900 accounts.  (Let it sink in.) Surely a number of those were duplicates but... at the time LO took over, about 40 players were left actively playing.  Mike Scoot of LO said the majority of the FFbans plus the G1 internal system anticheat bans were UNFAIR AND INACCURATE... obviously a system that emptied out more players than left playing is an EPIC FAIL.

*That said, I was against the original fubared and idiotic Threat Segregation patch when it rolled out.  I played this game when it was actually fun and threat segregation didn't even exist.  No one wanted it.  No one in the community asked for it.  And when it rolled out the vast majority complained, if you ever want to look up the old threads.  But G1 in it's idiocy... or because they actually wrote over the old code and did not preserve an original... were unable to restore what they had fundamentally changed... and the game because severely imbalanced and abusive to "actual" lower threat and often lower ranked players EVER SINCE... an abusive corruption of the original game that went unchecked for YEARS.

Thanks for the colouring text, it really helped me reading.

I am not sure about that claim of false cheating. I saw a name today that totally deserved it (i really hope that guy was just trolling and used a nick alike).

And about threat i am not old enough in the game to experience that, but i am allways in favour of keeping the game as original as possible. If you say that not seeing threats was so good, then it should stay that way.

Any older player can confirm this?

Edited by Ken2

1 hour ago, Ken2 said:

And about threat i am not old enough in the game to experience that, but i am allways in favour of keeping the game as original as possible. If you say that not seeing threats was so good, then it should stay that way.

Any older player can confirm this?

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, APB Used to have districts that were not sorted and restricted by threat levels.
You could join any district you wanted to and play whomever matchmaking decided was fair opposition for you.

Prior to that threat was divided into Bronze 1-10, Silver 1-10, and Gold 1-10 (And sometimes Blank/No threat, which happened if you passed Gold 10 because bugs.). Once you hit (for example) Silver 10, and then gained enough threat you were promoted to Gold 1, then 2, then 3, etc.
Along with that you still kept your rating level, as now. But back then it only went up to 195, of course. (Even though up to 300 is planned and implemented in the files already, but that's a different discussion)

Image result for apb threat levels

I think this is a better system than the current system, but the best system moving forward IMO is a removal of visible threat and threat segregation.
Let people see what threat they are themselves. Preferably in the old 1-10 style to give a more granular representation of how good you are in your bracket.
No one else should be able to see what threat you are, and you should be able to join any district you want.

This should let people play the game more in-the-moment and have less preconceived notions of how well or poorly they're going to do in the match.

It would also mitigate dethreating. Both as a way of "Escaping the gold cheaters who only play in silvers and pick on the poor silvers. They have their own gold districts why don't they use those :^("   -and- "lol lets go stomp on some scrubs eksdee xd".

Gone off topic a bit but it ties in some and expands upon it.

9 minutes ago, Zoehh said:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, APB Used to have districts that were not sorted and restricted by threat levels.
You could join any district you wanted to and play whomever matchmaking decided was fair opposition for you.

Prior to that threat was divided into Bronze 1-10, Silver 1-10, and Gold 1-10 (And sometimes Blank/No threat, which happened if you passed Gold 10 because bugs.). Once you hit (for example) Silver 10, and then gained enough threat you were promoted to Gold 1, then 2, then 3, etc.
Along with that you still kept your rating level, as now. But back then it only went up to 195, of course. (Even though up to 300 is planned and implemented in the files already, but that's a different discussion)

Image result for apb threat levels

I think this is a better system than the current system, but the best system moving forward IMO is a removal of visible threat and threat segregation.
Let people see what threat they are themselves. Preferably in the old 1-10 style to give a more granular representation of how good you are in your bracket.
No one else should be able to see what threat you are, and you should be able to join any district you want.

This should let people play the game more in-the-moment and have less preconceived notions of how well or poorly they're going to do in the match.

It would also mitigate dethreating. Both as a way of "Escaping the gold cheaters who only play in silvers and pick on the poor silvers. They have their own gold districts why don't they use those :^("   -and- "lol lets go stomp on some scrubs eksdee xd".

Gone off topic a bit but it ties in some and expands upon it.

Thanks.

I remember this, but i dont remember that threat was hidden when i started playing.

Maybe he was talking about apb rtw?

7 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

Thanks.

I remember this, but i dont remember that threat was hidden when i started playing.

Maybe he was talking about apb rtw?

P sure RTW-APB didn't have threat at all.

P sure it also didn't have many other things.

Like an anti-cheat.

Or recoil.

Or hope.

But hey I didn't play in RTW-days.

Edited by Zoehh

20 hours ago, Hey! said:

We are trying to REVIVE a nearly DEAD game which suffered the insanity of losing the ENTIRE playerbase due to false, mistaken, absurd and stupid BANS.

What's absurd and stupid is this statement.  Lots have already returned for the mere fact the game has changed ownership.  Interest is there, unbanning these people won't have the positive effect you, and the friends of the banned, claim.  Using it as a smoke screen doesn't liberate the guilty, which all of you are to varying degrees.

The rest of us see this as a big deterrent to coming back or continue playing; it's going to happen, they've said so, I just hope these people use their second chance and don't ruin the game for the rest of us again.