Inquitoria

Dodgy clan names

EDIT: Could just be a bug, as per: 

Has anyone else noticed clan names like this?

DdZKity.png

Censored to not name and shame.

I've seen these a few times now, they're always a garbled, random mess, and they're always on people who are really fucking dodgy. An instance of these clan names today was quite obviously wallhacking. I had another encounter yesterday, with a guy who warped out of the way of bullets. Same type of name.

Maybe I'm thinking too much about this, but if I were to guess, this looks like a verification tool for cheats. The cheat developer could construct the software to only run on characters that are in a specific clan (hence the random string of characters), and would then be able to invite/remove people from the clan as they subscribe/unsubscribe to the cheats.

I could be wrong, but I've seen them so many times it can't be a coincidence. Just putting it out there, maybe it's already common knowledge. If not, perhaps LO could use this for something. Feel free to discuss below, and point out if I'm mistaken here.

Edited by Inquitoria

Citadel or Jericho? Maybe cheaters just wanted to group up and created this clan?

It is just a bug or something right now that has screwed with legitimate clan names. A few people have complained about it such as the APB Brasil clan on jericho.

And you are overthinking it completely and clouding your judgment with the thought of cheats.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

6 minutes ago, nikitos5 said:

Citadel or Jericho? Maybe cheaters just wanted to group up and created this clan?

Citadel. They're always different names, never the same.
2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It is just a bug or something right now that has screwed with legitimate clan names. A few people have complained about it such as the APB Brasil clan on jericho.

And you are overthinking it completely and clouding your judgment with the thought of cheats.

Haven't heard anything about that bug, but maybe that's true. My opinion on whether they were cheating or not is completely clear though. I have no doubt they were.

2 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:
Citadel. They're always different names, never the same. Haven't heard anything about that bug, but maybe that's true. My opinion on whether they were cheating or not is completely clear though. I have no doubt they were.
Sigh

Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile. Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
Sigh

Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.
I usually say the same. I don't mind getting destroyed, but warping fast enough to catch up with a G20 makes me pretty confident it's cheating.

Please take your shitty attitude somewhere else.
Just now, poptartzzz said:

its just the new "cool" thing to do. Starts with one person or a group doing it and then it cascades down to everyone emulating the original group. You're overthinking it

And everyone simultaneously decided to only do the names in hexadecimal. Nah, doubt it man. Edited by Inquitoria
  • Like 1

Just now, Inquitoria said:
I usually say the same. I don't mind getting destroyed, but warping fast enough to catch up with a G20 makes me pretty confident it's cheating.

Please take your shitty attitude somewhere else.
It is just a bug. Stop overthinking stuff.

The clan name has likely bugged out and been reset to its Hex Name. Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

18 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
It is just a bug. Stop overthinking stuff.

The clan name has likely bugged out and been reset to its Hex Name.

Fair enough.

If this is indeed the case, feel free to lock/hide the thread @LO.

Just a side note though, that's not the hex of "APB Reloaded Brasil", nor is it anywhere close. It is literally random noise. Edited by Inquitoria

19 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

Please take your shitty attitude somewhere else. And everyone simultaneously decided to only do the names in hexadecimal. Nah, doubt it man.
I wouldn’t cast it aside so easily, I personally received spams of cheat websites and the guy that was spamming it was in the opposition the next mission. He was throwing grenades onto my precise location over the friggin building. I have recordings of it, but yeah, not every thread of this sort is the usual “boo hoo he plays better than me, cheeturr” thread. Also, I don’t see why a player with thousands of hours would feel the need to get a complete new account, since you claim the ones with such incredible skills all have playtime advantages.