Sign in to follow this  
gordoIsMyName

Game Struggles in Today's Marketplace

16 hours ago, Deftonez said:
i haven't encountered a single instance of someone being illegitimate or possibly using something to get an advantage over me

i don't know about you but, but i know when someone is better than me, and i know when someone is cheating. it's pretty easy to determine, and i haven't faced anyone who was cheating

not a single person. none. zero.

great way to start an argument "check some of your perception related senses" - yikes. it's like you actually tried to say something meaningful. have a nice day

the only way to not meet a cheate ris nto to play, or maybe you are on han where you dont encounter people, but surely not Citadel, you need to be blind to not meet any cheaters at all if you play the game. Edited by LilyV3

Can confirm, theres defenitely some cheaters on Citadel, currently the most populated server. Keyword is some however, but at the least there are not 'no cheaters at all'. That is hardly the main issue though, in fact there is no main issue but rather a bunch of issues stacking and overlapping. 

I dont like the 'is fact' attitude, but I will say the following of which I am fairly confident.
APB died ages ago, it has been in a decaying state for a very long time and that is solely based on it being unable to maintain a decent playerbase. G1 has pretty much always had a top-down strategy in adressing their financial issues and need to satisfy player demands. They would emphatize on what the experienced long time player (the one with a fair chance of being a whale) needs and how to make them topple their wallets. Which would be fine if they could actually keep a decent percentage of the new players that got interested in the game. One has to keep in mind that the new players that leave APB arent people that simply walked by your store accidentally and came in to check it out. They got interested one way or another, losing those, is absolutely inexcusable and will cost your game its future. I stopped caring about what most vets want, and what I myself would like to see in the game as well. 
LO needs to make up on what G1 refused to do, protect new players from the vet community, give them a playground to get to know the game without having to be thrown litterally into the middle of a boiling pot. I have some ideas for that in mind, Ive seen plenty of suggestions on the topic, game mechanic wise theres a lot of options to improve on it.

Anywho, stop caring about and thinking about how you could potentially enjoy the game another 200h or so, and think about how to get new players in APB and keep them rather then getting them to leave bad reviews with only under an hour worth a gameplay.

On 8/27/2018 at 10:18 PM, mynd said:
On 8/27/2018 at 10:29 AM, Deftonez said:

NO ONE IS CHEATING

NO ONE IS USING AN AIMBOT
NO ONE IS USING ESP
NO ONE IS TRIGGERBOTTING

NO ONE IS CHEATING

you just suck

And here is a prime example of the toxicity OP is talking about, especially from someone who has no room to talk for having been banned before and is obviously toxic.
lol

i like how the go to excuse as to why a game isnt good is toxic community

like every game i play there is alway one or two kiddos who gotta throw  atemper tantrum because they dont get their way

14 hours ago, mynd said:
People cheating is a huge part of why this game is in the dumpster.  You guys never considered how much damage you did to the player base, game, and development.  You want us to forget your past, then quit being toxic and lose the egos.

I wouldn't have thought Cookie was an ex-cheater because he doesn't carry that attitude that the ego cheaters have.
i did what i did 4 whole years ago for only 4 months, i think you need to look at the people who kept doing it and doing it over and over and over again.

you think what i did was bad? man. you're in for a rude awakening
9 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

the only way to not meet a cheate ris nto to play, or maybe you are on han where you dont encounter people, but surely not Citadel, you need to be blind to not meet any cheaters at all if you play the game.
i play on lovely lovely (not toxic at all) jericho. i haven't encountered anyone cheating here. cant say the same for you EU people. Edited by Deftonez
accidental

On 8/27/2018 at 3:28 PM, Archon said:

THis game is not ugly, I think it's held up pretty well over the years, well ok, maybe it doesn't look the best
https://puu.sh/Blmnf/6d6e54790c.jpg

I mean the game looked pretty nice when it came out, but then the new company started to make it look worse and worse over time. Now Little Orbit bought the game and they're almost done the EU so it'll look good again I guess, but not as good as it did originally?

Also that screenshot looks pretty ugly, disregarding the black hole glitch on the ground. The lighting and colors are pretty shit along with the emissive maps being too dark/washed out.

22 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:
This game got ugly.
FcKNDvn.jpg

Game+Tips+And+More+Screenshot+-+APB+2011

And during the daytime that gross blue filter makes it look cold and sticky.

Jesus christ what'd they do to the shadows? 2011 looks so much fucking nicer, just look at those shadows on the left building there. Fuck me I hope they fix that with the engine update now

14 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:
Jesus christ what'd they do to the shadows? 2011 looks so much fucking nicer, just look at those shadows on the left building there. Fuck me I hope they fix that with the engine update now
Well, they did a lot of shit to something that didn't need changed.  They made night look darker by turning the fog from orange (which simulated light pollution) to a very dark blue, they broke DoF, they turned bloom into a blob shape instead of a star shape, they also broke night time bloom specifically.  Now bloom acts like it's on the wrong layer or something for most of the night time part of the cycle.  If you look at a billboard or a window that is against the sky, you'll see a glow around it, but if a model is behind that light source then the glow can't be seen.  Bloom only appears against the sky during most of the night.  Oh and they added a blue filter to the whole cycle that only goes away at the beginning of the sunset part of the cycle and comes back at night, goes away in the morning, then comes back toward the end of the morning.  Also take a look at that building with the blue neon on the top left.  They don't even produce light now.

On 8/27/2018 at 9:15 AM, uraputz said:
  • no new player enjoyment
  • hacking (triggerbots/aimbots/esp)
  • toxic player base
  • server lag issues
I've known new players who have enjoyed the game. New players shouldn't expect the game to be tailored to them, they need to adjust to the game. Either you like it or you don't. APB isn't for everyone just like WoW, LoL or CSGO isn't for everyone. Impossible to make all players happy...new and old. 

Nobody is hacking on NA. If they are, they get banned quickly.

Use ignore and don't hide district chat and you will eliminate 95% of the toxicity in the game. ALL games have toxic players and nice players. APB is no exception.

Jericho has been playable as of late. While it isn't perfect 100% of the time LO has acknowledged it and it working on it. They had made some progress and the cries of DDOS are occurring less. The current condition of Jericho is playable more often than it isn't.

If you enjoy the game, then play it. Don't stress about the things you cannot control.  Edited by LaQuandra

4 hours ago, IAmDisappointSon said:
I mean the game looked pretty nice when it came out, but then the new company started to make it look worse and worse over time. Now Little Orbit bought the game and they're almost done the EU so it'll look good again I guess, but not as good as it did originally?

Also that screenshot looks pretty ugly, disregarding the black hole glitch on the ground. The lighting and colors are pretty shit along with the emissive maps being too dark/washed out.
Plus the buildings being being just giant squares over 100m, kinda hope the engine upgrade will improve performance enough to have better draw distance

6 hours ago, Deftonez said:

i did what i did 4 whole years ago for only 4 months, i think you need to look at the people who kept doing it and doing it over and over and over again.

you think what i did was bad? man. you're in for a rude awakening

You are all part of the problem, regardless of how much you may or may not have cheated.

Sometimes I wonder if player ego isn't actually as bad as the cheating itself as cheating became a symptom of players with big egos.
18 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

he said he was banned, not that he cheated

Good point.

7 hours ago, mynd said:
You are all part of the problem, regardless of how much you may or may not have cheated.

Sometimes I wonder if player ego isn't actually as bad as the cheating itself as cheating became a symptom of players with big egos. Good point.
condescending and naive, oof yikes cringe

1 minute ago, Deftonez said:
i mean you tried to float the "other guys did it worse" excuse, idk if it gets cringier than that

4 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

"""""""""No one is cheating"""""""""

[video]

looks like hes playing a one man table tennis match and hes the ball

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
5 hours ago, Deftonez said:
i mean you tried to float the "other guys did it worse" excuse, idk if it gets cringier than that
interesting to see that from someone without any "konfidence"

32 minutes ago, Deftonez said:

oh no you've revealed my not-so-secret identity 

@everyone on this forum saying no one is cheating
You completely missed the point of OP's post. Lol.

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
5 hours ago, Nanometic said:

"""""""""No one is cheating"""""""""

[video]

looks like hes playing a one man table tennis match and hes the ball
new ingame features confirmed? sports district? can we get a 2vs2 beach volleyball pls.

honestly - it's undeniable players as a population have changed. New players just don't have the same bullshoot resilience there used to be.
Why would I put up with APB's crap as a newbie when I can just hop on fortnite / siege / whatever other popular game to get my fix?

If this game needs to have new players hear of it, and most importantly keep them. I hope there'll be a proper marketing push with the 3.5 release, and I hope LO will actually do something to aid newbies instead of listening to salty forum vets who don't even play the fuckin game anymore

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
15 hours ago, Deftonez said:

oh no you've revealed my not-so-secret identity 
damn chas was right lmao, you fell off

2 minutes ago, Deftonez said:

damn chas was right lmao, you fell off

oh man got me again xDDDD

keep going man, you gotta ask me to 1v1 now

8 hours ago, Nitronik said:

I hope LO will actually do something to aid newbies instead of listening to salty forum vets who don't even play the fuckin game anymore

if there are no events happening after 3.5 to keep players there, then those vets who dont play no more, n'or new players will dissapear again, and then the population will go back to what it is now sadly 😕 Edited by Keshi

4 hours ago, Keshi said:

if there are no events happening after 3.5 to keep players there, then those vets who dont play no more, n'or new players will dissapear again, and then the population will go back to what it is now sadly 😕

Be nice if we'd leave the shotgun meta at least.  Prob bring some players back in.

On 8/27/2018 at 6:15 AM, uraputz said:
  • no new player enjoyment
  • hacking (triggerbots/aimbots/esp)
  • toxic player base
  • server lag issues

that's my take on the large reasons the game is struggling in today's market.

the players get rolled into fighting experienced players and find it a miserable experience. they run to the mission point and sometimes have their own teammates kill them or say toxic things to them in chat. not exactly 'fun' for the new player. then it's 'quite game, uninstall, leave negative review on Steam, playing another title...'.

whatever your opinion on the hacking, there are just a lot of "hmmmmm' episodes you experience while playing that are hard to explain. that does not build playing confidence in the game and does not build confidence in buying in-game items from Armas or for paying for a Premium account. with no financial support the game can't exist.

these are lot of the same struggles H1Z1 has faced. and their solution is potentially taking the game BACK to not being free, manually hunting down and banning hackers and manually patrolling the game for toxic players... all with instant bans from the game. and remember, H1Z1 had a players base of over 89k online at the same time at one point. and now, it is down to 4k. not all the decline has come from these issues, but they played a major role in the games demise.
No new player enjoyment - explain what you mean please.
Hacking - have not seen any on Jericho since BattleEye hear there is on Citadel but unknown to me
Toxic player base - not as bad as it used to be on Jericho since Battleeye took over and people quit doing witch hunts
Server lag - they are working on it but it takes time. between DDoS attacks , mitigation causing strain , the engine causing strain , ping from various team members and whatever else , it takes time to fix.

Players get rolled into fighting experienced players = match making which  they are working on. Programing takes time.

Opinion on hacking - Once again on Jericho have not seen any since BattleEye but no idea on Citadel I do not currently play there.
I have however witnessed plenty of greens bronzes and silvers who have not played long claim a silver or gold was cheating when the one accused simply blew up a car and/or knew the map from years of playing

last paragraph I do not understand well enough to comment please explain more

Sign in to follow this