Sign in to follow this  
gordoIsMyName

Game Struggles in Today's Marketplace

• no new player enjoyment
  • hacking (triggerbots/aimbots/esp)
  • toxic player base
  • server lag issues

that's my take on the large reasons the game is struggling in today's market.

the players get rolled into fighting experienced players and find it a miserable experience. they run to the mission point and sometimes have their own teammates kill them or say toxic things to them in chat. not exactly 'fun' for the new player. then it's 'quite game, uninstall, leave negative review on Steam, playing another title...'.

whatever your opinion on the hacking, there are just a lot of "hmmmmm' episodes you experience while playing that are hard to explain. that does not build playing confidence in the game and does not build confidence in buying in-game items from Armas or for paying for a Premium account. with no financial support the game can't exist.

these are lot of the same struggles H1Z1 has faced. and their solution is potentially taking the game BACK to not being free, manually hunting down and banning hackers and manually patrolling the game for toxic players... all with instant bans from the game. and remember, H1Z1 had a players base of over 89k online at the same time at one point. and now, it is down to 4k. not all the decline has come from these issues, but they played a major role in the games demise.
  • Thanks 4

Lol. I'd say it's rather coz the game looks ugly and it's boring. That was at least the case with all my friends that tried it and left after a day or two.

• Like 3

You got no clue what you're talking about, all games except for gw2 has toxic community.

Do you know whats worse than a toxic community? a victimized community.

NO ONE IS CHEATING

NO ONE IS USING AN AIMBOT
NO ONE IS USING ESP
NO ONE IS TRIGGERBOTTING

NO ONE IS CHEATING

you just suck

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deftonez said:

NO ONE IS CHEATING
NO ONE IS USING ESP
NO ONE IS TRIGGERBOTTING
NO ONE IS CHEATING

Sorry to pile on, but this^
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
1 hour ago, Deftonez said:

NO ONE IS CHEATING
NO ONE IS USING ESP
NO ONE IS TRIGGERBOTTING
NO ONE IS CHEATING

Sorry to pile on, but this^
Thirded, and the shredder is not OP
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Deftonez said:

NO ONE IS CHEATING

NO ONE IS USING ESP
NO ONE IS TRIGGERBOTTING

NO ONE IS CHEATING

you just suck

i just want to say that the shredder needs a range nerf and the rfp needs a nerf in range or damage

other than that the game is fine..just waiting for UE3.5 to have 9k players on for 2weeks then go back to what it is now if there are no events to keep them here
  • Like 1

Game already struggled 9 years ago. What's new.

Also the game held up pretty decently looks wise due to nice and unique aesthetics despite the graphics not holding up.

Also Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

11 hours ago, Mozie said:

You got no clue what you're talking about, all games except for gw2 has toxic community.

Do you know whats worse than a toxic community? a victimized community.

That's not true at all, VRchat's community is perfectly fine as well.

51 minutes ago, Lucidy said:
That's not true at all, VRchat's community is perfectly fine as well.
is VRchat a game tho?

11 hours ago, Deftonez said:

NO ONE IS CHEATING

NO ONE IS USING ESP
NO ONE IS TRIGGERBOTTING

NO ONE IS CHEATING

you just suck

And here is a prime example of the toxicity OP is talking about, especially from someone who has no room to talk for having been banned before and is obviously toxic.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mynd said:
And here is a prime example of the toxicity OP is talking about, especially from someone who has no room to talk for having been banned before and is obviously toxic.
I just a player as well, but I just don't see people cheating.
I lose a lot, and I get carried even more... but I don't think people are cheating. I just think some players are a lot better than me.

Full disclosure, I have also been banned.

14 hours ago, mynd said:
On 8/27/2018 at 8:29 AM, Deftonez said:

NO ONE IS CHEATING

NO ONE IS USING ESP
NO ONE IS TRIGGERBOTTING

NO ONE IS CHEATING

you just suck

it baffles me to know that there are still people in this game that are obsessed with what others have done in the past, as if any of that has had an impact on the future of the game
i think you're main concern should be the future of the game. being stuck in the past because of the actions of people is not going to get you anywhere. funny to amuse i'm being toxic when i was clearly stating my opinion (fact) about how no one is cheating currently.

get over yourself man. it doesn't matter who got banned in the past, it's a fucking video game, get off your high horse, you have no position to talk from.
p.s if me shawcoptering you back in 2014 made you upset and to this day you are still infuriated by that, see a doctor, for gods sake

H1Z1? the "just survive" is officially dead, now, only the battle royal seems to be left.

15 minutes ago, Deftonez said:
it baffles me to know that there are still people in this game that are obsessed with what others have done in the past, as if any of that has had an impact on the future of the game
i think you're main concern should be the future of the game. being stuck in the past because of the actions of people is not going to get you anywhere. funny to amuse i'm being toxic when i was clearly stating my opinion (fact) about how no one is cheating currently.

get over yourself man. it doesn't matter who got banned in the past, it's a fucking video game, get off your high horse, you have no position to talk from.
p.s if me shawcoptering you back in 2014 made you upset and to this day you are still infuriated by that, see a doctor, for gods sake

you seriously believe everyone stopped cheating?

if, you should go and see a doctor as well and check some of your perception related sensens. Edited by LilyV3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

H1Z1? the "just survive" is officially dead, now, only the battle royal seems to be left.

you seriously believe everyone stopped cheating?

if, you should go and see a doctor as well and check some of your perception related sensens.
i haven't encountered a single instance of someone being illegitimate or possibly using something to get an advantage over me

i don't know about you but, but i know when someone is better than me, and i know when someone is cheating. it's pretty easy to determine, and i haven't faced anyone who was cheating

not a single person. none. zero.

great way to start an argument "check some of your perception related senses" - yikes. it's like you actually tried to say something meaningful. have a nice day

21 hours ago, Archon said:

THis game is not ugly, I think it's held up pretty well over the years, well ok, maybe it doesn't look the best
https://puu.sh/Blmnf/6d6e54790c.jpg

This game got ugly.
FcKNDvn.jpg

Game+Tips+And+More+Screenshot+-+APB+2011

And during the daytime that gross blue filter makes it look cold and sticky.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 3

Plenty of people say "The community is Toxic", but usually as part of a whine about other things as well.

How exactly does one eliminate the so-called "Toxicity" of a community? A globally enforced mute of all servers and chat channels, until everyone plays by the rules through signing a vellum contract?

12 hours ago, Deftonez said:

People cheating is a huge part of why this game is in the dumpster.  You guys never considered how much damage you did to the player base, game, and development.  You want us to forget your past, then quit being toxic and lose the egos.

I wouldn't have thought Cookie was an ex-cheater because he doesn't carry that attitude that the ego cheaters have.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mynd said:

I wouldn't have thought Cookie was an ex-cheater because he doesn't carry that attitude that the ego cheaters have.

he said he was banned, not that he cheated

Sign in to follow this