4 hours ago, kukki said:

It's not right comparing the first few months of LO with all the years of G1. The first few months of G1 were far more promising than those of LO currently are. That's a good and troubling comparison.

I do not believe this opinion of yours to be true nor have I ever seen a reason for this to be true.
Not saying you are wrong  but I am saying I did not see this the same way so  *shrugs*

What I do recall off the top of my head  is G1 milked us while Little Orbit actually cares about the game about us and about playing. They've already shown this.
Little Orbit seen many things wrong and put boots on the ground to clean it up.
They changed pricing and now they're working on guns.
Many other things as well. There's already a thread ( or a few now) on all of that I don't believe it would be good to go over all of that here as well.

Back to the topic thread :
The title says  "a dead game " from someone who claims to care but only posted 5 times and 4 of which are on this thread.
I truly believe this is just a troll complaining rather than caring about the game , about us people in the community , and about Little Orbit who came in because they do care to begin with.

If a wall needs to be removed and a  T.V mount taken off the wall so that a new foundation wall can be built to support it all better then why not? I'd want a bigger T.V. mounted anyways.
To clarify : can't add more guns without rebalancing what is too broken already and  needs to be done.
New content is clearly needed  and it would be hard to add that until after weapons are rebalanced or you would see how bad it really could be so they are taking care of it now which makes sense.
Not that I am saying to add new content now but it is needed and preparing for it is not a bad thing to do. It has to be done sometime so why not now? *shrugs*
Then after the engine upgrade and other things needed to be dealt with first new content can be added without total chaos being  guaranteed.

If anyone wants to complain when they did not help in OTW then aren't they partially to blame for any rough waters with the rebalancing?

It looks like to me that too many are focusing on the small part of the game and what Little Orbit is doing on it rather than the big picture.
And the big picture is Little Orbit is the new owners who invested in all of us and is here for the long haul so they are tackling it all so that it can grow later.

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
I do not believe this opinion of yours to be true nor have I ever seen a reason for this to be true.
Not saying you are wrong  but I am saying I did not see this the same way so  *shrugs*

What I do recall off the top of my head  is G1 milked us while Little Orbit actually cares about the game about us and about playing. They've already shown this.
Little Orbit seen many things wrong and put boots on the ground to clean it up.
They changed pricing and now they're working on guns.
Many other things as well. There's already a thread ( or a few now) on all of that I don't believe it would be good to go over all of that here as well.

The title says  "a dead game " from someone who claims to care but only posted 5 times and 4 of which are on this thread.
I truly believe this is just a troll complaining rather than caring about the game , about us people in the community , and about Little Orbit who came in because they do care to begin with.

If a wall needs to be removed and a  T.V mount taken off the wall so that a new foundation wall can be built to support it all better then why not? I'd want a bigger T.V. mounted anyways.
To clarify : can't add more guns without rebalancing what is too broken already and  needs to be done.
New content is clearly needed  and it would be hard to add that until after weapons are rebalanced or you would see how bad it really could be so they are taking care of it now which makes sense.
Not that I am saying to add new content now but it is needed and preparing for it is not a bad thing to do. It has to be done sometime so why not now? *shrugs*
Then after the engine upgrade and other things needed to be dealt with first new content can be added without total chaos being  guaranteed.

If anyone wants to complain when they did not help in OTW then aren't they partially to blame for any rough waters with the rebalancing?

It looks like to me that too many are focusing on the small part of the game and what Little Orbit is doing on it rather than the big picture.
And the big picture is Little Orbit is the new owners who invested in all of us and is here for the long haul so they are tackling it all so that it can grow later.

After what we've went through with G1, I'm trying to be constructively skeptical. I have no trust in LO, but I'm hoping that their actions will change that, I'm open to it.
Now, you say "Little Orbit actually cares about the game about us and about playing. They've already shown this". You believe that, but you don't support it with any proof. I don't expect you to go looking for it, though, because I'm not willing to do that on my part either, I just want to mention that this is how I've felt about G1 during first days and that's because my view on the situation was biased. 
You compare LO caring about the game to G1 milking it, but I don't see that, I remember thinking that G1 cared about improving the game as well and rationalizing their choices as part of the "Big Picture". In that regard, I see no difference between how G1 operated during their first months and how LO are currently operating and I'm yet to see proof of there being any difference.
As for your remarks
"If anyone wants to complain when they did not help in OTW then aren't they partially to blame for any rough waters with the rebalancing?"
and
"Little Orbit is the new owners who invested in all of us and is here for the long haul so they are tackling it all so that it can grow later".
I find that to be a very strange point of view. I shouldn't be expected to participate in the development of the game if I want to enjoy it, I am a customer, I come to use the product and pay for it by choice.
Investment works the other way around in this case. I may be investing my money in hopes of supporting the developer, enabling them to improve the product which I want to use, but it's all on them and nobody else to improve the game for my pleasure. If they fail to do that, they're the only ones to blame.

Any communication post is evidence enough. The community has seen those posts  for months and Little Orbit has followed through on what they said they wanted to do.
Why repeat evidence that is public knowledge?
Everything is already there , the lowering of G1C  and price changes of some  items as well so they don't milk it out of greed like G1 did.
If you refuse what has already happened in front of you what else is there? Nothing anyone can do for you then *shrugs*
And one last thing....... you come off as saying Little Orbit is terrible like G1. If that is so then you are clearly in the wrong. Two different existences.

Back on topic :
APB is not a large scale game and the community wanted gun balance changes and that takes a group effort to do it properly.
No one said anyone was  obligated to however being upset over what work was not helped on doesn't say much of those who complain saying "APB is dead" just because they want it perfect now.

My Grandmother had a saying " If you don't work then you don't eat because it won't take care of itself"
She lived on a farm growing up as did most of our family before and after her.
She knew either a person cared to do the work or it wouldn't get done.
And it had to be done together so that everyone on the farm benefits.

Little Orbit knew we were all needed to work together and reached out to us to help on OTW so I went.
It was made clear before and after the changes that this was not the final draft , that it is a work in progress.
None of what Little Orbit has said and done has intentionally contradicted such as G1 did  , and this thread title of " A dead game" is not justified because of shotguns being changed.
I've been on APB playing too and shotguns kill me about the same as me killing them so change up your strategy's people  *shrugs*

On 8/28/2018 at 9:27 AM, Fenton said:

I wouldn't take my advice on game development. I really wouldn't want LO to take it without a fair-sized pinch of salt.
I meant that as in listen to the community.

Just now, Elmensis said:
On 8/28/2018 at 6:27 AM, Fenton said:

I wouldn't take my advice on game development. I really wouldn't want LO to take it without a fair-sized pinch of salt.
I meant that as in listen to the community.
They did .....the community said to rebalance the guns so they are rebalancing the guns *shrugs*

On 8/28/2018 at 2:54 PM, Fortune Runner said:

That is your basis of validity? So what you're saying is the amount of times I posted on forums is what validates my criticism for the game? That's some sound logic right there buddy. 
No, I am not a troll- I've played the game for over 5000 hours and I'm annoyed with where this game is going and decided to make a forum account to voice it.

https://imgur.com/a/5cCcrZy

Apparently accounts that joined 6 years ago are troll accounts, everydays a school day.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Edited by Elmensis

By deeds we are known....
So yes it is valid as evidence on your character (although you are attempting to twist my words there some)
Any court of law would use that to show character witness
And by how a court would show character witness this would be 6 years and you didn't care until now *shrugs*
As for your topic of the game being dead - its not we still play it and there more players than there used to be but many went back to school and college at the moment as well.
And for the comment on how Little Orbit did not listen to the community..... yes they did its why they started rebalancing the guns.
Little Orbit is working on APB and they've done good  work so far sure they make mistakes now and then but they didn't give up on it like G1 did they kept working on things and they still are.

The game is pretty dead now even on Citadel which has always had a fairly robust population.

I'm not one for doom and gloom but it seems quite obvious by now that this game is on it's last legs.

The game was in a precarious place when LO took over and things could have gone either way but since the recent balance changes the online polulation has really nosedived.

I honestly have never seen the game looking as bad as it does now, I can't see it lasting til the end of the year if things carry on the way they are, sad times  😞 .

the game is killed by the players themselves .  all eight years .

On 8/29/2018 at 8:55 AM, Fortune Runner said:

Any communication post is evidence enough. The community has seen those posts  for months and Little Orbit has followed through on what they said they wanted to do.
Why repeat evidence that is public knowledge?
Everything is already there , the lowering of G1C  and price changes of some  items as well so they don't milk it out of greed like G1 did.
If you refuse what has already happened in front of you what else is there? Nothing anyone can do for you then *shrugs*
And one last thing....... you come off as saying Little Orbit is terrible like G1. If that is so then you are clearly in the wrong. Two different existences.

little orbit didn't just lower the price . she made unban 90% of the scammers . if you think that this was done to improve the game, you're wrong . this is a business and they need to get as much money right now . for 3 months I have not seen a single correct event made .

5 hours ago, TrinityFSB said:

The future is now old man... 

sorry I can't see the future.  me said wait !!!!
I don't see any improvement in the game . everything is in the same position as in 2015 .
ping in 10 -50 MS allows you to receive up stably to 70 kills for a mission in a Fighting Club. in a combat districtic to get 25 -30 kills . 
 gold districts are EMPTY !!!
gold players as Troll the silver area and continue . + drain the gold and go to Troll the bronze district .

WHAT HAS CHANGED IN THE GAME ?  Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yood said:
I don't see any improvement in the game . everything is in the same position as in 2015 .
ping in 10 -50 MS allows you to receive up stably to 70 kills for a mission in a Fighting Club. in a combat districtic to get 25 -30 kills . 
gold players as Troll the silver area and continue . + drain the gold and go to Troll the bronze district .

WHAT HAS CHANGED IN THE GAME ? 
You should buy publishing rights for APB in russia and host cheap server in Chernobyl. Make APB the way you want it to be and be fast about it. Don't take longer than 2 weeks or else everyone will say you just milk.

8 minutes ago, Clandestine said:
2 hours ago, Yood said:

You should buy publishing rights for APB in russia and host cheap server in Chernobyl. Make APB the way you want it to be and be fast about it. Don't take longer than 2 weeks or else everyone will say you just milk.
Don't buy milk from the Chernobyl area.

Personally, I think the main issue of the "balancing" is coming down from players complaining about certain weapons/meta, and having absolutely no idea about the real gun-play or weapon balance in general, this is really a difficulty for LO, as a new company to achieve a certain balance point without upsetting the either the majority of the player-base or the skilled players. This is kinda harsh for silvers/bronze players but it's just how it is tbh, an opinion about weapon balance coming from a vet who has years of experience in the game and someone who is rather causal will differ a lot, and it's sad to see that the majority of the lower-skill population crying out about certain weapons just cause they don't know how to use them or rather gets killed by it, and they end up crying for balance and Nerf X and Y and too OP etc....

LO, faces really hard challenge here to sort of balance also the skill differences between players, and to actually know what weapons requires skill, and what weapons that are just broken and needs a fix. Cause with the way I see it, they are trying to make the weapons easier to use, and especially with how the shot-gun currently works, in APB it was never this case, most of the players are happy about it, but then again, making weapons easier is just a terrible way to balance things in any-game, and nerfing certain weapons just cause of a really high-gold player uses it, it's suddenly very OP, which is almost 60% of why so many people complain about certain weapons. Sometimes players are just really skilled at the game. Doesn't mean the weapon is broken, so many players fail to see that sadly, and complain way too much about it. Which is why it's leading to the point where weapons are becoming way too "easy" and a brain-dead silver can two-shot someone who has way better aim/thinking skill than them.

Balance should be a thing, but it should be done the right way. Just cause you get killed twice with a certain weapon doesn't mean it's too OP, there's always players who is going to be above you in skill/game experience. Hopefully more people see that kind of perspective and start understanding it. 

Edited by yolande
  • Thanks 1

Why this game dying? Cos LO inject they sadomasohistic balance, now bronze distr full of golds Rambos jump around like a monkey with shotgun and kill silver and bronze noobs for 1sec, may be LO APB must look like this,) they do bad things for this game and people leave. Stop lick LO patootie.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yolande said:

Personally, I think the main issue of the "balancing" is coming down from players complaining about certain weapons/meta, and having absolutely no idea about the real gun-play or weapon balance in general, this is really a difficulty for LO, as a new company to achieve a certain balance point without upsetting the either the majority of the player-base or the skilled players. This is kinda harsh for silvers/bronze players but it's just how it is tbh, an opinion about weapon balance coming from a vet who has years of experience in the game and someone who is rather causal will differ a lot, and it's sad to see that the majority of the lower-skill population crying out about certain weapons just cause they don't know how to use them or rather gets killed by it, and they end up crying for balance and Nerf X and Y and too OP etc....

LO, faces really hard challenge here to sort of balance also the skill differences between players, and to actually know what weapons requires skill, and what weapons that are just broken and needs a fix. Cause with the way I see it, they are trying to make the weapons easier to use, and especially with how the shot-gun currently works, in APB it was never this case, most of the players are happy about it, but then again, making weapons easier is just a terrible way to balance things in any-game, and nerfing certain weapons just cause of a really high-gold player uses it, it's suddenly very OP, which is almost 60% of why so many people complain about certain weapons. Sometimes players are just really skilled at the game. Doesn't mean the weapon is broken, so many players fail to see that sadly, and complain way too much about it. Which is why it's leading to the point where weapons are becoming way too "easy" and a brain-dead silver can two-shot someone who has way better aim/thinking skill than them.

Balance should be a thing, but it should be done the right way. Just cause you get killed twice with a certain weapon doesn't mean it's too OP, there's always players who is going to be above you in skill/game experience. Hopefully more people see that kind of perspective and start understanding it. 

in my closet more than 100 basic guns. problems with the balancing of WEAPONS generally did not matter .

2 hours ago, Clandestine said:
5 hours ago, Yood said:

Chernobyl is located in Ukraine . go to school .
2 hours ago, Clandestine said:
5 hours ago, Yood said:

Chernobyl is located in Ukraine . go to school . together with  AsgerLund .  your answers have never been informative or relevant . Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yood said:
in my closet more than 100 basic guns. problems with the balancing of WEAPONS generally did not matter .

Chernobyl is located in Ukraine . go to school . Chernobyl is located in Ukraine . go to school .
But what Chernobyl has become is such a russian meme tho. Pretty much like MIR station with Progress collision and so on. I'm sure Prypat would be cheap to host. Try it bro and give us all a break with your posts.

Just now, Clandestine said:
7 minutes ago, Yood said:

Chernobyl is located in Ukraine . go to school . Chernobyl is located in Ukraine . go to school .
But what Chernobyl has become is such a russian meme tho. Pretty much like MIR station with Progress collision and so on. I'm sure Prypat would be cheap to host. Try it bro and give us all a break with your posts.
farewell .

since people keep living into the dream and keep spend money, this game never will die

[ its funny people are being robed sinced 2011 with false hopes and lies but they keep spend money into it ]

then people complain why government are banning loot boxes, i dont know, maybe because people are fool and let 'modern thief's' rob them without their notice

player base it's never been lower then now , and they doing nothing to promote the game ofc its dead

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2018 at 9:35 PM, 1337lad said:

im here for the involvement 🤔

I am here to post this.

It seems like listening to the "experienced" players is giving its fruits... oh and the rtw balancing dude, when you could ask to me for free.

5 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

when you could ask to me for free.

i dont think anyone wants the guy who thinks shoulder swap spam is a game breaking exploit to touch the game balance lmao