So I'm sure the vast majority have been playing this game for quite a while, I've personally started when RTW was running things.

As people who've invested hours and maybe even dollars into the game we obviously love the game and want the best for it, that is exactly what Gamersfirst failed to do and what LO seems to be falling into. Perhaps listening to the casual player base isn't exactly the best idea, maybe try listening to the players who've stuck with the game while G1 was pretty much milking it whatever dollar they could. What I see all too often is game companies catering to players who try the game for a couple months, maybe even less and inevitably end up playing something else.

The fact that LO thought that buffing a gun that typically 2-3 shots was necessary is a joke, the fact that I can get completely mopped by a shredder at rifle range is pathetic. I'd say the only change that wasn't utter garbage was the nerf on improved rifling. This last update was disappointing to say the least, why not fix your broken spawn system or the server lag which is pretty ridiculous at this point?

Why not LISTEN to the community instead of pushing updates out before actually testing them and making them go live? The population is only dropping month by month and its very clear by the last update that LO really needs to change their approach.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

im not sure listening to the people who tied themselves to a sinking ship is a great idea

just me tho

• Like 1

You lost me at "the fact that I can get completely mopped by a shredder at rifle range".
Even if you meant the carbines 35m, thats damn near 9stk from the shredder assuming most of your pellets hit... dont even get me started on the 60m of other rifles. 

I get where you are coming from, but when making an argument, hyperbole isnt your friend. 

• Like 6

This community shouldn't even have recieved the help. These completely and utherly useless threads...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elmensis said:

As people who've invested hours and maybe even dollars into the game we obviously love the game and want the best for it

You claim you want the best for the game? Nice title. I don't think you really care. You sound like another pouty doomsayer. MattScott has already acknowledged his mistake. LO is not in the easiest of positions, and threads like this don't help in any way.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I don't recall anyone crying that JG or CSG needs a buff or that IR needs some change. Most people wanted ntec nerf.
I also remember G1 not listening to anyone and releasing garbage like consumables/deployables or another iteration of chaos mode. 
Recent patch should get reversed. It's already getting ridiculous like buffing certain Armas weapons with IR and leaving out others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You lost me at "the fact that I can get completely mopped by a shredder at rifle range".
Even if you meant the carbines 35m, thats damn near 9stk from the shredder assuming most of your pellets hit... dont even get me started on the 60m of other rifles. 

I get where you are coming from, but when making an argument, hyperbole isnt your friend. 

Perhaps it was a bit of a stretch but my point was the shredder is REALLY overpowered.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crusade said:
2 hours ago, Elmensis said:

As people who've invested hours and maybe even dollars into the game we obviously love the game and want the best for it

You claim you want the best for the game? Nice title. I don't think you really care. You sound like another pouty doomsayer. MattScott has already acknowledged his mistake. LO is not in the easiest of positions, and threads like this don't help in any way.
Well lets see, Gamerfirst ran this game into ground a long time ago, LO is very clearly following that same route if they continue to make updates as the last one. I don't care whether MattScott acknowledged his mistake, words mean nothing without action and if it isn't clear enough the numbers are dropping- more and more people are done waiting.

Maybe I am being pouty or maybe I just dislike seeing a game with so much potential turning to a trash game.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Elmensis said:

Well lets see, Gamerfirst ran this game into ground a long time ago, LO is very clearly following that same route if they continue to make updates as the last one. I don't care whether MattScott acknowledged his mistake, words mean nothing without action and if it isn't clear enough the numbers are dropping- more and more people are done waiting.

Maybe I am being pouty or maybe I just dislike seeing a game with so much potential turning to a trash game.

the community is clearly keeping its old behavior as well, people instantly labeling the company hot garbage as soon as theres a single patch that they dont like
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Elmensis said:

Yup. LO overbuffed a gun. Must be a trash game now. Yeah, it's LO driving this game into the ground.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Elmensis said:

MattScott mentioned how  Little Orbit was aware that it is an uphill battle and has kept us informed in these 4 months (about to be 5) more than G1 did in all these years.
It can not be fixed by any short means however the recent decline is not just from any one reason especially since school and college started and many have returned.
As for reworking the guns we all know they needed to be fixed from some being flat out broken and they are working on the whole  picture at once rather than little by little which in the end would be wasting manpower.
I know of them working on the engine upgrade , trading , the gun reworking , and I believe matchmaking.
I forget if there's anything else , but those 4 alone are all large tasks by themselves but Little Orbit is doing a good job given the circumstances.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Elmensis said:

The fact that LO thought that buffing a gun that typically 2-3 shots was necessary is a joke,

Can't blame LO tbh. As i've stated before, they certainly got lured into thinking nerfing weapons first would be a good idea, instead of more important tasks first.

During their first month, Forums had an stupid amount of Nerf Shitposting exploding on Social District. "Nerf Yukon, Nerf CSG, Nerf OCA, Nerf NTEC, Nerf the entire world" going on... which if you think, as "unbalanced" as it could be, people were still having fun, and used to that. They just needed to "buff" some badly optmized weapons like Cobra, nerf Yukon, and nerf HVR. Some other premium weapons too, but CSG was already nerfed to its existence. Now it's a stupid killing machine, with Shredder being the king of the hill. You know, i should be happy with all this "pointman buffs" since i mostly use shotguns, but i'm hating all this to my guts.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/26/2018 at 11:38 PM, Crusade said:
On 8/26/2018 at 11:00 PM, Elmensis said:

Yup. LO overbuffed a gun. Must be a trash game now. Yeah, it's LO driving this game into the ground.
You do realize that shotguns were buffed in the past, after realizing it was a moronic idea to buff a shotgun G1 nerfed it. Why would LO even think it was a good idea when in the past there was pushback from the community? Also, I very clearly said LO is following the same route, not that they've already drove it to the ground- try reading before typing next time.

The Chronicle of pain:
   RTW - Fall of Golden Empire
   G1 - Age of Decadance 
   LO - Medival Dark Times 

Edited by UrsulaRex
  • Like 1

ono.

they made a change that broke the game once.

i should be super pissed even though they've already said sorry and are currently planning to fix it but still.

at this point i'm more scared that people are getting too entitled just because someone threw in their chips to at least try to fix the game and screwed it once.

• Like 1

I just want to see the engine update tbh - could not care less for these "filler" updates so far. There's no need to berate a company simply because they have caused controversy with a patch they believed in good heart would help to start balancing the game. There are obviously some very strong items that had received a buff due to forgiveness within pellets missing and IR3 being update (which I still find the fire rate reduction aspect of this mod to be complete shit - just completely ruins long range Anubis users) but this doesn't mean it makes a company shit - these guys have put in far more actions that what G1 have done in 2 years.

- Desmila

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:16 AM, Elmensis said:

As people who've invested hours and maybe even dollars into the game we obviously love the game and want the best for it... maybe try listening to the players who've stuck with the game while G1 was pretty much milking it whatever dollar they could....

I wouldn't take my advice on game development. I really wouldn't want LO to take it without a fair-sized pinch of salt.

On 8/26/2018 at 10:49 PM, Fortune Runner said:
MattScott mentioned how  Little Orbit was aware that it is an uphill battle and has kept us informed in these 4 months (about to be 5) more than G1 did in all these years.
It can not be fixed by any short means however the recent decline is not just from any one reason especially since school and college started and many have returned.
As for reworking the guns we all know they needed to be fixed from some being flat out broken and they are working on the whole  picture at once rather than little by little which in the end would be wasting manpower.
I know of them working on the engine upgrade , trading , the gun reworking , and I believe matchmaking.
I forget if there's anything else , but those 4 alone are all large tasks by themselves but Little Orbit is doing a good job given the circumstances.

I have another semester of University start, soooo.... I haven't had much free time to play.
While plenty of guns were needed balancing in general, (and I would have prefered that to take a back seat for the engine upgrade) they experimented, and messed up. Edison didn't fail 1000's of times creating a lightbulb, he found out, 1000's of ways to not make a lightbulb.

They've been doing a good job impvoing the game so far. give them time to save what was a game sinking.

On 8/26/2018 at 10:07 PM, BXNNXD said:
On 8/26/2018 at 10:00 PM, Elmensis said:

the community is clearly keeping its old behavior as well, people instantly labeling the company hot garbage as soon as theres a single patch that they dont like
Human nature doesn't change.
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 3:23 AM, CookiePuss said:

Come on, it's a good hyperbole, you yourself recognized it. Shotguns effective range is too high, that's all there is too it.

On 8/27/2018 at 4:21 AM, Crusade said:
On 8/27/2018 at 3:16 AM, Elmensis said:

It depends a lot on how do we define "death of a game". I personally believe that this game died with realtimeworlds, before even being finished and has never achieved what I'd consider a "realease-ready-state". Seeing all the bugs, issues and lack of features in any other new game, you wouldn't consider it complete, it's different with apb, because we've known it in this state for years and have since accepted it,

On 8/27/2018 at 4:39 AM, Clandestine said:

I don't recall anyone crying that JG or CSG needs a buff or that IR needs some change. Most people wanted ntec nerf.
I also remember G1 not listening to anyone and releasing garbage like consumables/deployables or another iteration of chaos mode. 
Recent patch should get reversed. It's already getting ridiculous like buffing certain Armas weapons with IR and leaving out others.

That really baffles me and I still don't understand it.
This has been an issue with gamersfirst and it's also the first impression with LittleOrbit. With all the shit that has been wrong over the years, they come in and release deployables, now decide to prioritise shotgun balance of all things. There's so much complaints on the forums in all these years and if not that, do developers not want to ask the users in fear of looking unprofessional? Do they just do the best thing they can come up with, at that given moment, unintentionally skipping all the things important in the process? I think that this approach makes them look more unprofessional that any other.

On 8/27/2018 at 6:07 AM, BXNNXD said:
On 8/27/2018 at 6:00 AM, Elmensis said:

I really don't want to do that, but first impressions are important and it's not us who are as responsible for getting these impressions as much as LO are for making them. They show up, they show no knowledge of the biggest issues with the game, they make a questionable change which no one asked for nor expected and they release a new cash item. Not a very good first impression.

On 8/27/2018 at 6:49 AM, Fortune Runner said:
It's not right comparing the first few months of LO with all the years of G1. The first few months of G1 were far more promising than those of LO currently are. That's a good and troubling comparison.

On 8/26/2018 at 9:21 PM, Crusade said:
On 8/26/2018 at 8:16 PM, Elmensis said:

^

1 hour ago, kukki said:

I really don't want to do that, but first impressions are important and it's not us who are as responsible for getting these impressions as much as LO are for making them. They show up, they show no knowledge of the biggest issues with the game, they make a questionable change which no one asked for nor expected and they release a new cash item. Not a very good first impression.

orbit has been chipping away at the biggest issues since day 1, so im just going to assume you havent actually bothered to look around before posting
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kukki said:

This has been an issue with gamersfirst and it's also the first impression with LittleOrbit. With all the shit that has been wrong over the years, they come in and release deployables, now decide to prioritise shotgun balance of all things. There's so much complaints on the forums in all these years and if not that, do developers not want to ask the users in fear of looking unprofessional? Do they just do the best thing they can come up with, at that given moment, unintentionally skipping all the things important in the process? I think that this approach makes them look more unprofessional that any other.

Game Directors. How many of them APB had? I think they were changing every year lol. And G1's vision of APB with every change of guy in charge.
When it comes to shotgun and IR changes my bet is at someone from old G1.

Hey buddy playing since closed beta but these social afkers won't care what ever you put out. I agree people that played this game for a long patootie time know the game inside out and know what should be improved with the gun play in APB. I just gave up because everyone will down vote you any way when you put out a opinion about nerfing a gun. I just lost interest in apb again and now just look at the forum once or twice a week.

For LO if you are reading this contact these people from these clans if you want people with real experience with gun play. They can probably advice and test the guns out with good opinions what should be changed or not.

Essence
bitfenix
sting
Allure
Provenance

There are probably some more clans but this is all i know from my head atm. These clans exist out of veterans that played the game for years.

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
4 hours ago, kukki said:

orbit has been chipping away at the biggest issues since day 1, so im just going to assume you havent actually bothered to look around before posting
Yes. Impression which I have may not be accurate, but it is one that I have and that may be saying something.