Sign in to follow this  
deniz7

Are crosshair overlays bannable?

yeah any third party tool is bannable
whether or not you can get caught is a different story
use at your own risk my guy

You will not ever be banned for a sharpie dot, crosshair sticker, monitor crosshair overlay, mumble overlay, overwolf overlay, that other third party gaming social type overlay for certain.

You will however risk a ban doing something like messing with shaders, like the old crosshair dot shader. (This is what Jason is referring to, there hasn't been anyone banned for the above programs.)

Is it against the rules? Yes. Do they have any way to detect and or punish you for it? No. Will they punish you for it? Depending on what you use, likely not. Most of the overlays also will not show up if you are streaming depending on capture settings. Most of the good players use crosshair overlays for ease of visibility/target acquisition, and the APB xhair is slightly off-center.

Anything else, can't help you there.

Edited by Virgil

what if your monitor has an over lay ? the whole thing becomes pointless. another tiggs adventure went fuckin feminine features up

• Like 1

well use a tape in the middle of your screen i guess

So far its undetectable... 🤔

most likely you'll be fine... it's just a fucking crosshair (or dot), not a wallhack or macro... maybe battleye could kick you out of the game at one point, but never ever will that cause a perma ban and even IF something this stupid would happen, we finally have a support that actually cares about people, so yea, you'll be fine.

I'm using a shader dot myself (implemented into the APB shaders, so no overlay) and it's fine.. no kicks, and I don't see how anyone in their right mind would call you out for "using something unfair".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Any tampering with files can get you in trouble.
How is that hard to understand for people is beyond me.

can get you in trouble... la-di-da. I see why it's said in the rules... just in case there is any exploit being abused and all that stuff - it makes sense, but having a slightly modified (or just a dot) crosshair isn't harming anyone, and I'm certain admins would approve. it's a crosshair, not a macro, or outline shaders that let you see people through smoke or whatever, hell, advanced launcher is allowed and I'm pretty sure you can get rid of smoke in the game that way so you can easily see through nade explosions and all that fuzz. there's also the modified mission text that shows you the upcoming stages and what kind of last stage the mission will be, which has a higher impact on the game than a crosshair, but it's fine to use that aswell. it's all just little gimmicks that help you ever so slightly, they're still far away from any kind of unfair advantage taking / cheating.

but yea, don't get me wrong, as I said it makes sense that they state tampering with game files can get you in trouble, it just really depends on what you're doing.

and who knows, maybe LO will implement a permanent dot option as crosshair or let's us customize our crosshair ingame.

Running a custom crosshair goes against the current terms of service for APB Reloaded.

That being said I can't recall anyone being reprimanded for custom crosshair use (though I could be wrong.)
I advise using a custom crosshair at your own risk.

Why do u need to be advantaged to the other players? To me that's cheating in the same way macro is , and unfortunately player just abuse this shit .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cru said:

Why do u need to be advantaged to the other players? To me that's cheating in the same way macro is , and unfortunately player just abuse this shit .

Crosshair overlay is not an advantage, it is personal preference. In every modern game you have one which can be customized directly in game options, hope to see it in APB too if engine upgrade happens.

Bad players love to blame everything instead of fixing their own mistakes. It is easier to cry that enemy is cheating, macroing, using shader crosshair, guns from armas, have better ping, fps and so on.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

the crosshair option it s already mentioned from MattScott from another thread  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Snubnose said:
can get you in trouble... la-di-da. I see why it's said in the rules... just in case there is any exploit being abused and all that stuff - it makes sense, but having a slightly modified (or just a dot) crosshair isn't harming anyone, and I'm certain admins would approve
Justifying tampering opens the door to any tampering.
MattScott already commented on this.
9 hours ago, ឴឴឴឴឴឴឴ said:
Crosshair overlay is not an advantage, it is personal preference. In every modern game you have one which can be customized directly in game options, hope to see it in APB too if engine upgrade happens.

Bad players love to blame everything instead of fixing their own mistakes. It is easier to cry that enemy is cheating, macroing, using shader crosshair, guns from armas, have better ping, fps and so on.
Why do many game publishers say otherwise?

2 hours ago, RiderZ said:

the crosshair option it s already mentioned from MattScott from another thread 

Thank you. I know there's a few more of those but I have lost track of them.

14 hours ago, UpholdThePeace said:

Running a custom crosshair goes against the current terms of service for APB Reloaded.

That being said I can't recall anyone being reprimanded for custom crosshair use (though I could be wrong.)
I advise using a custom crosshair at your own risk.

G1 did in the past but I do not know if  Little Orbit has or not.

We had a player mention Matt in discord to tell him he used a crosshair overlay and would continue to do so until APB included the option in game.
All Matt said was that he hoped to add the option in game soon.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ឴឴឴឴឴឴឴ said:

Yep, no advantage at all to have a crosshair while running.
You are so right my little average gold scrub.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

We had a player mention Matt in discord to tell him he used a crosshair overlay and would continue to do so until APB included the option in game.
All Matt said was that he hoped to add the option in game soon.

can't wait for LO / matt to suddenly say "no more shader crosshairs" because some people are whining and think it's "unfair" to use... some people really have a stick up their bum...

Overlay is not modifying game files and it has no direct or unfair advantage in-game compared to monitors wich have this funtion build in. Also fraps and other software use overlays aswell so I don't see how it could be bannable unless you'de decide all overlays will be blocked. Also they acknowledged the fact the crosshair in-game isn't good atm multiple times and have never stated anything about making overlay crosshairs a bannable offence or taking action against it. 

2 hours ago, Halelulia said:
To me using a crosshair is like putting training wheels on your bike when you're a kid.
It's fine initially and it'll help you out when you're new to things but eventually you take it off.

In my opinion any player worth their salt aims just-as-well if not better without needing a crosshair overlay.

6 hours ago, FluttershyI said:

Overlay is not modifying game files and it has no direct or unfair advantage in-game compared to monitors wich have this funtion build in. Also fraps and other software use overlays aswell so I don't see how it could be bannable unless you'de decide all overlays will be blocked. Also they acknowledged the fact the crosshair in-game isn't good atm multiple times and have never stated anything about making overlay crosshairs a bannable offence or taking action against it. 

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Why do many game publishers say otherwise?

8 hours ago, Halelulia said:
Exactly, no advantage at all.
To be good at game you need ... to be good at game, suprising? No amount of fake "advantages" can make you good if you lack basics, that's why I've seen silver scrubs struggling to get gold and go negative with regoated.

Advantage is your hands and head, everything else is just cosmetics.

Sign in to follow this