Lokislav

So I leveled up to Gold after 7 days of playing

It's unplayable. When we win, 1 out of 6, we win close. When we lose, we lose with my score going as low as 1:12. The people hit me no matter how much I strafe or cover. Sometimes they just lock at me like I am a magnet (gee, I wonder why). I understand the lowlives this game has, after all, it was released in 2010. Though I met an open beta veteran in bronze district calling me a hacker, and I thought he actually sucked. I guess he did, because he was no match to these people. Whenever we as a group of randoms would match against someone, the people with me would instantly know if we were going to lose. 'Xixi is a known cheater. She was banned you can check it on the website. She cheats on twitch too. The other two are cheaters as well, we're going to lose.'

Yeah, we did. Next round? 'One is a hacker, the other two use macro.' (though I am unsure what macro means afaik it may have something to do with programmable mouse buttons). We lost, big time, even more so than before that. I don't feel like gold anymore and I don't feel like I want to play in the silver district again, seeing all those cheating people who solve their inferiority complex by giving themselves unfair advantages...
I don't think I suck that much, but I am definitely not going to be able to rival people who kill me and my partner in >1 second with shotguns right after we bail out. Will I eventually be deranked? If so, how long does ittake for the game to realize I am not really that good nor interested in getting matched up against this scum?

What am I supposed to do? Apart from 'get rekt n00b 1337 you suck lololol' tips

Edited by Lokislav
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Lokislav said:

'Xixi is a known cheater. The other two are cheaters as well, we're going to lose.'

Peeps love to hackusate in APB. You'll get used to it.

3 minutes ago, Lokislav said:

I don't think I suck that much, but I am definitely not going to be able to rival people who kill me and my partner in >1 second with shotguns right after we bail out.

Shotguns are currently a bit unbalanced, so keep that in mind. Check the many many shotgun threads on this forum to understand how.

4 minutes ago, Lokislav said:

I don't feel like gold anymore and I don't feel like I want to play in the silver district again, seeing all those cheating people who solve their inferiority complex by giving themselves unfair advantages...

It's not cheaters you're facing, its veterans.

The people who play in silver district are, more often than not, multi-year players. Been playing since 2013 and earlier in some cases. The best map knowledge, the best weapon knowledge, the highest fps, they have it. You might think they're cheaters, but really, they're not (95% of the time). Its just experience, and picking the right weapon (and weapon mods) for the right situation. If you stay with the game, you'll gain that yourself, in time.
  • Like 4

Welcome to APB.
SDKfcGX.gif
This will not be fun.

Jokes aside, find a group to play with, use comms, and try to worry less about winning and more about improving.
But most importantly HAVE FUN! It is just a game after all.

Full disclosure: I usually hate myself after a session of APB.

• Like 4

You are going up against people with thousands of hours. What did you expect.

APB is ruthless in showing your own inferiorities compared to other players unlike most games which help cover those things with some game mechanics or gimmicks.
Many can't handle that and look to escape that fact through accusing people of cheating which is usually not justified.

APBs threat has hidden levels. In the past these were visible but have long been changed to just the regular 4 threats.
Just imagine there being gold players ranging from Gold level 1 to level 10 while level 1 just made it out of Gold Nova and level 10 starts at GE (to visualize the difference in CS ranks).

Edited by TheJellyGoo

I am fairly certain most people there were veterans with clean slate. But there were people out there that would make you wonder how the hell did they kill you off. I am playing FPS games since 2006 so I know a fair share of how things go in these games. My playtime is over 30 hours, theirs is thousands. I am aware. That's not my problem. I don't suck that much to have a score 1:12 with guys who almost never go for cover and almost never miss a shot. Like they are sure of themselves killing you first and that no one is around to finish them off. That's just fun. The thing I saw in their gamestyle though, to which I have to say 'a job well done' is their positioning around the objective, covering most of the area. Yeah, never missing a shot as if recoil and spread weren't a thing, like always, but their positioning is nice.

You have to keep in mind that hitboxes are giant rectangles, regardless of player height and width. It's very easy to land EVERY shot with N-tec even out to 70m with Hunting Sight 3 as long as you tap-fire consistently, or use some min-max burst pattern. Just aim for the center of the rectangle when possible.  Some people are even able to use SHAW full-auto at 60 - 70m and land a lot of hits. That's requiring a LOT of experience, though.

Just Use shot gun. so easy right now i got kills not even aiming at people.

30 hrs? you expect to kill decent players? idk what background fps game you came from, but it takes more than 200 hrs to properly learn the game and + if you're willing to improve properly. Though time can be shortened if you have legit advantages. 

let me break it up by average time as an APB player:

1-100hrs (1 month APB) = low silver & gold.

100 -500 hrs ( several months of APB)= average APB standard gold, solo player.

1000hrs (1 year APB) = above average gold APB player, made friends to play, upgraded computer for APB LOL.

2000hrs +(2 years APB) = maybe a name change to a dumb dictionary name? now fairly decent player, in a clan, have a group to play.   

5000 hrs + (4 years APB) + = top tier gamer, low sens or high sens ftw, 4:3 res 1024 x 768 stretch, 144fps!, 10,000 DPI Gaming mouse, low ping ez!, twitch streamer, can't be killed by public groups of randoms, 90% mini TTK easy game, good reg. 100% no need to solo anymore, group provided and clan.

you can reference.

my best tip towards new players just play level and don't worry about the losing.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

30 hrs?

Man i get that in one day playing

8 hours ago, Percocet said:
9 hours ago, Deadliest said:

30 hrs?

Man i get that in one day playing

Wheezard!

9 hours ago, Deadliest said:

5000 hrs + (4 years APB) + = top tier gamer, low sens or high sens ftw, 4:3 res 1024 x 768 stretch, 144fps!, 10,000 DPI Gaming mouse, low ping ez!, twitch streamer, can't be killed by public groups of randoms, 90% mini TTK easy game, good reg. 100% no need to solo anymore, group provided and clan.

This is what I find ridiculous. low resolution textures + stretched 1024x768 resolution... I understand the CS:GO players. But doing this for APB? An open world pvp game? They're basically making it an another arena shooter. It's pathetic. Understandable from the competitive point of view, but pathetic.

Thank you for submitting your complaint, you are now queued at position: 7946

People really underestimate the skill-gap between low-gold, mid-gold, and high-gold.

Don't become disheartened, become better.

• Like 1

You should play something else until Little Orbit fixes this game or become a veteran with 2k + hours yourself..which is not the best thing if you are trying to have fun in a game..

On 8/25/2018 at 12:54 PM, Lokislav said:

Whenever we as a group of randoms would match against someone

I group all the time with randoms, always solo-queuing and hoping to win. Let me tell you right now, that this is your first mistake. Sadly, the only way to even stand a chance against premade Gold groups of veterans is to queue with a group of people who you know are good at the game and can communicate with you effectively. The only reason why I solo-queue still is because I don't have any friends who play this game, and when I tried to get one into it, it was impossible for him to play (due to poor optimization) and unfun for him just because he'd get rolled every game (and he's not a bad player tbh, he just doesn't know as much as others do about this game).

Little Orbit still has a lot of work to do with both matchmaking AND making this game easier for new players to start out in. These two things should be their top priority, cause I really can't drag any of my friends into this game at all, and the frustration I get playing against premade Gold veteran groups is only making me want to stop playing. Honestly, like said above, just focus on having fun and less about doing good. If you really want to, just go play fight club, and have fun with the rando's there. That's what I try to do, at least.

14 hours ago, Lokislav said:

Wheezard!
  This is what I find ridiculous. low resolution textures + stretched 1024x768 resolution... I understand the CS:GO players. But doing this for APB? An open world pvp game? They're basically making it an another arena shooter. It's pathetic. Understandable from the competitive point of view, but pathetic.
APB isn't really an open world game. It is just a third person arena shooter where everyone's games just happen to take place in the same lobby. Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 11:03 AM, Nite said:

The people who play in silver district are, more often than not, multi-year players. Been playing since 2013 and earlier in some cases. The best map knowledge, the best weapon knowledge, the highest fps, they have it. You might think they're cheaters, but really, they're not (95% of the time). Its just experience, and picking the right weapon (and weapon mods) for the right situation. If you stay with the game, you'll gain that yourself, in time.
But I thought the APB community loves to circle jerk to the idea that progression rank didn't matter? Game is headed in the wrong direction because of LO becoming goodie goods with the people that support the idea that a r9 is on equal grounds as a r255 just because they might be able to kill them. Mods, map knowledge and gun knowledge is a much bigger advantage than aiming skill and the longer LO listens to these plebs the worse it'll get.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
13 hours ago, Lokislav said:

Wheezard!
APB isn't really an open world game. It is just a third person arena shooter where everyone's game's just happen to take place in the same lobby.

APB: All Points Bulletin[6] is an open world multiplayer online video game for Microsoft Windows
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APB:_All_Points_Bulletin

1 minute ago, Lokislav said:
Great argument. 10/10 would debate again.

14 hours ago, Lokislav said:
This is what I find ridiculous. low resolution textures + stretched 1024x768 resolution... I understand the CS:GO players. But doing this for APB? An open world pvp game? They're basically making it an another arena shooter. It's pathetic. Understandable from the competitive point of view, but pathetic.
Is it pathetic that some people enjoy things in different ways than you do? A lot of people play APB in a competitive sense because Medium-TTK games are almost non-existent. You might see that as playing it like an arena shooter, but that's not bad. What else is there? Overwatch is basic as hell. Paladins rebalanced the game to Low-TTK and added P2W features. Team Fortress 2 is old as hell. Dirty Bomb is endlessly tweaked to be more casual. Arena shooters are dead. Quake Champions ruined the arena shooter genre by adding heroes. Tribes is dead. The new Unreal Tournament is a glorified, unfinished tech demo. And until LO, APB was dead too. You might play the game casually, but the only reason this Medium-TTK game has survived is because of the casual playerbase to keep it chugging along. It's unfair of you to criticize others for enjoying the competitive side of things.

Or are you really upset that some people play the game on minimal settings? A very large amount of competitive players across many, many games tend to play with minimal settings. This is because input speed (mouse/keyboard changes being reflected in-game) is determined by how fast the game is running. 60 FPS means it is only checking for new input every 1/60 of a second. More FPS means more nuanced control. Rhythm games aren't even properly playable under 1000 FPS. Milliseconds matter.

Also, NotZombieBiscuit was making a joke. Woosh.

1 hour ago, Signarly said:
On 8/25/2018 at 8:03 PM, Nite said:

But I thought the APB community loves to circle jerk to the idea that progression rank didn't matter? Game is headed in the wrong direction because of LO becoming goodie goods with the people that support the idea that a r9 is on equal grounds as a r255 just because they might be able to kill them. Mods, map knowledge and gun knowledge is a much bigger advantage than aiming skill and the longer LO listens to these plebs the worse it'll get.
And that's what threat is for.
In a perfect world where we have the fitting threat for every player while maintaining a viable matchmaking system it wouldn't matter since the progression would go along with the threat classification.
Also you're misunderstanding the point of the whole r-discussion. What it is about is that a re-rolling veteran would play just as fine on a new account as he would on his fully decked out character.
However I also agree that it can't be seen as completely equal as there are some benefits through progression. Currently they may give an advantage just far less than you claim since "aiming skill" is coherent with "map [...] and gun knowledge" which arises from experience thus again the biggest difference of a r9 to r255 isn't some progression wall but just the time played.

1000 fps  ...  ôO  it should be nice on your 60Hz monitor  🙂

16 hours ago, Lokislav said:
why is it fine for csgo players but not apb players?

3 hours ago, SK4LP said:

1000 fps ... ôO it should be nice on your 60Hz monitor 🙂

Monitor refresh rate limits what you can see (60Hz = 60 FPS visuals), but the game can still run faster than that behind the scenes, which is what is used for programming cycles and input detection. That's why you can get screen-tearing without V-Sync, because your monitor gets confused when the rendered frames are so quick that they're swapping out before it can finish showing the full image. I wish the FPS-cap was raised for 60Hz users too (100 FPS now), since 144Hz users shouldn't be the only ones who benefit in gameplay from a raised cap.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Siamsol said:
6 hours ago, SK4LP said:

1000 fps ... ôO it should be nice on your 60Hz monitor 🙂

Monitor refresh rate limits what you can see (60Hz = 60 FPS visuals), but the game can still run faster than that behind the scenes, which is what is used for programming cycles and input detection. That's why you can get screen-tearing without V-Sync, because your monitor gets confused when the rendered frames are so quick that they're swapping out before it can finish showing the full image. I wish the FPS-cap was raised for 60Hz users too (100 FPS now), since 144Hz users shouldn't be the only ones who benefit in gameplay from a raised cap.

so, ok
don t need to have 500, 1000 or whatever 10000 fps on a 60hz 🙂
i m on
120+ fps , decent graphic, 144hz ( i5, gtx670 )

10 hours ago, Signarly said:

Mods, map knowledge and gun knowledge is a much bigger advantage than aiming skill

+1  ( no need to play on minecraft style graphic )