Godspeed mattscott you have started making progress to pc apb and more. We hope you enjoy making our game better again. God bless you and little orbit *Stands and Salutes mattscott for making this game better* Lets hope it keeps getting better. 

• Like 1

He hasn't done anything yet, so I'm not holding my breath, but I admit, I am quite hopeful. I'm just so afraid of being disappointed again, when this game has so much untapped potential.

Just now, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:

If little orbit does disappoint us the game is already dead. Only more they can do it make it dead dead to where it's only 25 to 50 players.

True enough, but I'm happy to see the announcement by itself bringing so many people back to the game. Servers are more populated than they've been in a long, long time.

Hi Matt. I watched your Q&A the other day. You seem like a decent guy who really cares about APB. Glad to see. I have a question. You say your a developer. Are you also a gamer? If so will we see you in game? If so how often do you think youll be playing?

The way he was talking strongly implies he is a gamer. I would be surprised if he wasn't. I imagine if he wanted to play the game though, just for his own enjoyment, he would be stealth on another account.

Edited by -Rachel-
  • Thanks 1

iirc i think he said he hasn’t played much yet but he’s watched a lot of streams

tbh he seemed pretty knowledgeable during the q&a altho i guess it would be a warning sign if he decided to buy apb without knowing anything lol

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Thanks 1

i never had hope when G1 took over.. the game was always a cash cow to them but at least we got to play..

I think this is different. LO are people who make games. G1 were people who sold games.

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

iirc i think he said he hasn’t played much yet but he’s watched a lot of streams

tbh he seemed pretty knowledgeable during the q&a altho i guess it would be a warning sign if he decided to buy apb without knowing anything lol

Agreed ❤️

3 minutes ago, Seedy said:

i never had hope when G1 took over.. the game was always a cash cow to them but at least we got to play..

I think this is different. LO are people who make games. G1 were people who sold games.

I don't believe TechMech for a moment when he said he's never made money on APB. I think things became unprofitable and unsustainable when so many players left due to RG's mistakes, and so he was either going to shut it down, or sell it. Glad to see it got sold.

I remember the week before APB was relaunched I went to meet Neume at the hotel bar next door to RTW so that I can basically have a wee chat about what they were going to do to the game a report it back on my own APB forum (I missed him by 5 minutes.. the concierge told me he was in the RTW building but I wasnt allowed in!). Neume was our man at the front at the time and everyone thought the sun shon out his arse. Look what happened to him! We got the impression from G1 and Neume that they were dedicated to APB and our community but all they really gave a shit about was taking our damn money! They made a purchase with a cha ching in their sights.. I think LO have not made the same decision here.. Or I truly hope not. I really believe that Matt and his company/team are going to make a good difference to APB and are doing it for money yes, but also because they see that APB is a seriously great game and us, the community really want this to be the game that RTW dreamed about but never delivered.

7 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

I don't believe TechMech for a moment when he said he's never made money on APB. I think things became unprofitable and unsustainable when so many players left due to RG's mistakes, and so he was either going to shut it down, or sell it. Glad to see it got sold.

me too.. im very happy.

5 minutes ago, Seedy said:

I remember the week before APB was relaunched I went to meet Neume at the hotel bar next door to RTW so that I can basically have a wee chat about what they were going to do to the game a report it back on my own APB forum (I missed him by 5 minutes.. the concierge told me he was in the RTW building but I wasnt allowed in!). Neume was our man at the front at the time and everyone thought the sun shon out his arse. Look what happened to him! We got the impression from G1 and Neume that they were dedicated to APB and our community but all they really gave a shit about was taking our damn money! They made a purchase with a cha ching in their sights.. I think LO have not made the same decision here.. Or I truly hope not. I really believe that Matt and his company/team are going to make a good difference to APB and are doing it for money yes, but also because they see that APB is a seriously great game and us, the community really want this to be the game that RTW dreamed about but never delivered.

Well they have to make money, but it seems to me that if LO were purely motivated by monetary gains, they wouldn't buy a dying, neglected property that had lost most of its playerbase.

Edited by -Rachel-
mispelling

Just now, -Rachel- said:

Well they have to make money, but it seems to me that if LO were purely motivated by monetary games, they wouldn't buy a dying, neglected property that had lost most of its playerbase.

very true

2 minutes ago, Seedy said:

me too.. im very happy.

Indeed, this game is unique, and one day in the future it may need to be shut down, but I'm hopeful that LO will be good to it, add what needs to be added, and give us all a few more years of fun.

1 minute ago, Seedy said:

very true

I made a typo, I meant "monetary gains" lol, but yeah, we're in agreement here. I think Matt was honest when he said APB looked like a cool, unique property and that he wanted to really do something with it. Hopefully it won't be a money pit for him.

34 minutes ago, Seedy said:

Hi Matt. I watched your Q&A the other day. You seem like a decent guy who really cares about APB. Glad to see. I have a question. You say your a developer. Are you also a gamer? If so will we see you in game? If so how often do you think youll be playing?

Matt is a rly rly clever person. He knew in the Q&A more about apb as some players did. So i guess he fits perfectly for that job

1 hour ago, Seedy said:

You say your a developer. Are you also a gamer?

He's definitely a gamer.

1 hour ago, -Rachel- said:

I don't believe TechMech for a moment when he said he's never made money on APB.

If you don't care about your game and your community, you can't make money.

Just now, Displ4yName said:

He's definitely a gamer.

If you don't care about your game and your community, you can't make money.

Touche :classic_wink:

2 hours ago, -Rachel- said:

He hasn't done anything yet, so I'm not holding my breath, but I admit, I am quite hopeful. I'm just so afraid of being disappointed again, when this game has so much untapped potential.

Are you kidding, Little Orbit have done more in the past half a month than Gamersfirst did in 2 years!

Just now, VickyFox said:

Are you kidding, Little Orbit have done more in the past half a month than Gamersfirst did in 2 years!

Really? Elaborate.

I mean, I'm a full supporter of whatever they're doing, but I haven't seen anything concrete yet.

more communication and transparency but no physical changes yet

Just now, BXNNXD said:

more communication and transparency but no physical changes yet

And I'm not knocking that, I think the communication we're getting is fantastic, and I have a lot of faith in LO's direction for the game.

🎱 At this point Its just a waiting game. Ive seen nothing changed except the forum

General public has had no info on anything they would have done in the last months, as they didn't exist

Personally its been worse the last few days. Lots of lag which causes hackusations.

However I do like the look of the forum, there is no quick view for posts though.

And another thing, while were talking about engines n new guns n things, How about making the Report feature to have Reasons

ie. a box to click for hacking, and other boxes for such things as grieving or making a racial slur. The person could have done any number of things aside from hacking to get reported.

That said we can support the new people, they seem to be at least trying. And clarifying the issue of legendarys being traded or sold does help.

😭

6 hours ago, -Rachel- said:

The way he was talking strongly implies he is a gamer. I would be surprised if he wasn't. I imagine if he wanted to play the game though, just for his own enjoyment, he would be stealth on another account.

Im a xbox one gamer. Played back in 2016 october on my pc but my purple pc ran this slowly.

Edited by (Xbox)MortisedGuide

Sign in to follow this