Sign in to follow this  
ShyLO

Waterfront NA Down (and possibly other districts) (Updated)

We are experiencing networking issues with our providers. We are actively working to get things back up and stabilized.

Please check back soon for updates. 

Thanks,

-Shy

Update (5/27/18 11:44AM PST): It was a DDoS attack. We have mitigation on now. 

Edited by ShyLO
  • Thanks 2

Yeah , Please fix those potato servers. since this year Feb, ping always jumping servers always down. I know if we ask to upgrade the game engine is way too much for a 8 year old game, even though game engine upgrade was promised by dev many years ago and we both understand that's a very sweet lie for all royal plays. So at least current game is playable!!!!!!   The anti-cheat is reliable!!!!

Don't give up this game. When you want to abandon the game, think about how much income this game has brought to you. All the players that spend their hours, days, months, years in this game.

Thanks,

All words from a player who has been playing for five years.

- Long live APB Reloaded -

• Like 1

@CarrieBeast

We are not going to be giving up anytime soon!

We are committed to the player base, the health of the game, and the longevity of it's survival. Our players have put in the hours and days and months of time into this game and that speaks incredibly about the game and the community surrounding it.

We appreciate your words of encouragement. 

-Shy

• Thanks 1

The server issues were caused by a DDoS attack. We have turned on DDoS mitigation.

Players will still experience some lag issues due to the mitigation, but we are continuing to stabilize.

-Shy

• Thanks 1

what happend to i cant play apb is server down or what

Edited by kaity2

14 minutes ago, kaity2 said:

what happend to i cant play apb is server down or what

It looks like things are up and running on our end at the present time (if I am understanding your post correctly)

There is still some lag spikes on Jericho, I've been playing Waterfront and have fallen off ledges and teleported from behind cover more times than I can count.

2 hours ago, GeneticCode said:

There is still some lag spikes on Jericho, I've been playing Waterfront and have fallen off ledges and teleported from behind cover more times than I can count.

this. Latency and all is fine it just teleports or it doesn't respond (packet loss)

I for 1 love the lagg....at least now most of the people playing are at my level of experience and FPS.....and I do ABSOLUTLY FREAKIN LOVE IT WHEN JERICHO CRASHES:)))))  IT KICKS ALL THE HATEFUL/HARMFUL GOLDS OUT OF THE BRONZE DISTRICTS OF THE GAME.... it usually takes em about 30 minutes to DETHREAT to bring their sorry tails back in though:((...

WE NEED MORE SERVERS DOWN AND CRASHES....THIS WILL HELP THE LOW SKILLED BRONZE PLAYERS FINALLY GET EVEN MATCHES....

Edited by cyral
wasn't through

13 hours ago, ShyLO said:

@CarrieBeast

We are not going to be giving up anytime soon!

We are committed to the player base, the health of the game, and the longevity of it's survival. Our players have put in the hours and days and months of time into this game and that speaks incredibly about the game and the community surrounding it.

We appreciate your words of encouragement. 

-Shy

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that posts like these are sweet music to our eyes and a much needed breath of fresh air. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, freq said:

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that posts like these are sweet music to our eyes and a much needed breath of fresh air. 

I don't even play NA and this is just plain nice to see.
thought i'd give those thoughts 

• Like 2

Whats going on with this, a lot of players are leaving again because of this. Although you guys may be doing what you can, this has to be fixed because this problem is not going to stop. We can't wait for it to stop. Something needs to be done to block these attacks.

3 minutes ago, Mobpi said:

Whats going on with this, a lot of players are leaving again because of this. Although you guys may be doing what you can, this has to be fixed because this problem is not going to stop. We can't wait for it to stop. Something needs to be done to block these attacks.

A DDoS attack isn't easy to fix. Separating "good packets" and "bad packets" isn't as easy as a snap of the finger. Blizzard had these issues for years and then they decided to over-engineer their network, and yet attacks still take down portions of their system.

Whichever provider they're using to "scrub" their packets during the DDoS attack is probably hitting some "good" packets as well along the pipeline (hence why you warp, your car drives by itself, etc.) It's just the name of the game.

Hope is that they relent, eventually.

• Thanks 2

Hey everyone, 

I'm going to go ahead and lock this topic due to it being a little older.

In regards to mitigating DDoS attacks, like UnawarePolarBear pointed out, DDoS attacks are not something that can be easily solved and it is a problem that a lot of companies face on a regular basis. Like them, we are looking at ways to improve our player experience by finding solutions to the problem at hand. It will take a little time and it will need to constant improvement as tech advances - we just hope that you guys will be patient with us. We are juggling a lot of tasks right now and this is certainly one of them.

Hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day (US Holiday)

-Shy

• Thanks 2