Ritual

Q&A stream with Matt Scott and Nysek

I am certainly startled that a player who was previously banned is now a considered a trusty spokesman.
But despite the choice of co-host, I am happy that Matt has decided to move forward with a better public relations strategy.
I know Matt is reaching out, but is it too late?
Many people have suggested that the game is already dead.

This is my current suggestion:
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 10:30 AM, Aroa Croft said:
Now you talking about old patchs done, i feel was more interesting game in that time previus  to " gore patch" was released.
i still remember some mutations and game play was totally diferent, more fun at my point of view, and lag was also non existant at all.
Probably were in that times and with that gore patch when lag started to apear in game, just when gore mosters started.
I was said about is not posible to return to a previus patch, but can be a solution if game were capable to return to previus 1.9 or earlier and with a rework of existant patchs ( gore--- to  -- actually), being dt weapons/equip dt/ faction equip and weapons/ and stage 2  similar choices to make pve/pvp in game.
At this point (1.9 or litle earlier) is a good idea to rework in patchs and make them more pve than actually they are ( for example gore weapons stats make similar or lower stats than dt/ faction/stage 2) and fdont start to overpower gores things to make " old sistem weapons/equip " as forgotten things with no value at all.

Thanks for read my opinion.
Okay it's actually difficult to understand what you two are saying.

You're all once again going off the rails in terms of what this thread is. If you want to discuss the game, create a new thread. Allow everyone else to voice their suggestions here.
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Hella Ella said:
Okay it's actually difficult to understand what you two are saying.

You're all once again going off the rails in terms of what this thread is. If you want to discuss the game, create a new thread. Allow everyone else to voice their suggestions here.
sorry i will translate reply in a question for topic actually is:

1. Is posible to return to a previus version of game (1.9 or a litle earlier?) ( game was a lot more fun in that times, equip/weapons were more with similar stats, items had a real value because not existed " harvesting machines, ap research was more dificult to get " doing races or completing map events or geting that books or making misions" and for a lot more reason we can discuss  as that changes  60% damage recieved reached in last patch because weapons are a lot op each time g1  released a new patch and broke game.

2. If is posible to return to old version, can be next updates reworked? ( gores patch--- to actual ap weapons/superarmor and weapons patch)

Nysek, take note plz, need ask this and about that i told in other post, thanks in advance!! Edited by Aroa Croft
update

7 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:
-snip-

I too am interested in reversing some patches. G.O.R.E. in particular added some pretty hardcore power creep.

Instead of new content, removing content and rebalancing old stuff might be a better route.

It goes back to my first post about the zipp gun sounds. They made them feel more like a real gun so new players felt more powerful more quickly. This was obviously just a ploy to ensnare a wider audience with lower attention spans.

In the case of high end gear, it starts to feel a lot more over the top fantasy and a lot less believable/interesting.

It ends up more: "I need this to be viable in the meta" and less: "I want this for fun."

I'm rambling...

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, NysekZePope said:

I wouldn't be against this, but the idea is simply to cover questions concerning the community as a whole. Not PVP and PVE segregation, the only level headed PVEers I've seen as of late would be Crood, Sang, and Luka from Hazmat.

And a breakdown in communication leads to lose of time for said Q&A. Most questions related to one another, be sure to ask anyways so it can be covered.

I agree with the opinion that it shouldn't be divided to individual PVP and PVE parties, but it should remain as Q&A for the entire community. Many current problems in the game are related to both parts.
  Edited by Lukasocz
  • Like 1

This game is dead.... Does it really matter what you discuss in a q&a session? I am sure fixing stack splitting will definitely bring back the population...LOL!!  Oh my god don't take away my clan vault, then the remaining five people that play will quit too!!!!  Hell lets all bag on Nysek, that guy has never tried to improve the game or make it better... Nysek was screaming bloody murder when this game was slowly killing itself and nobody listened, well look at it now.. Who gives a shit about duping, oh sorry that might affect somebodies sells on the auction house. Well with you few remaining people that play, I am sure its quite the circle jerk at the crafting station....hey who's turn is it to buy from the auction this week?????

Screenshot_2018-08-23-12-33-40.pngScreenshot_2018-08-23-12-33-40.png
So I am curious why a post in Tracking Customer Support was changed? Were these people hired again, have they been properly trained? Do you have people who actually know what they are doing working on tickets for not only Fallen Earth but APB as well? As much as we all want to look on the bright side of Little Orbit, its obvious your customer support is lacking, especially on the Fallen Earth side of things. People have had tickets in for months at this point without any answer at all. 

Edited by Jdred

On 9/2/2018 at 10:33 AM, Aroa Croft said:
sorry i will translate reply in a question for topic actually is:

1. Is posible to return to a previus version of game (1.9 or a litle earlier?) ( game was a lot more fun in that times, equip/weapons were more with similar stats, items had a real value because not existed " harvesting machines, ap research was more dificult to get " doing races or completing map events or geting that books or making misions" and for a lot more reason we can discuss  as that changes  60% damage recieved reached in last patch because weapons are a lot op each time g1  released a new patch and broke game.

2. If is posible to return to old version, can be next updates reworked? ( gores patch--- to actual ap weapons/superarmor and weapons patch)

Nysek, take note plz, need ask this and about that i told in other post, thanks in advance!!

I am looking over every question here to make sure it's covered in some way or another.

Granted the 60% resists wouldn't actually be bad if GT wasn't basically level 60 armor (resist wise) we could wear at 55, but that's another story lol

Watching the VOD of the QA now, very interesting stuff, also just glad to hear one of my best loved games is actually seeing some positive movement! wish i had been able to watch and comment live but none the less but a lot of hype over here. 

I have summarised the stream into 30 comprehensible points- see FE General Discussion.

• Thanks 1

I want to know if it's possible to do some simple, but noticable, things that players will see right away.
1. Simply update the log in window to reflect current news. Right now, the most current post says 2013. If I am a returning player to see if FE is active - this basically says it's not.
2. Can you simply make another marketplace sale for the Anniversary, but this time, mix the items up a bit and fix the loot boxes with missing items.
- Example: If you simply fixed the yellow box (pet) so that the 2 missing pets were obtainable again, guess how many people would rush to buy keys to get the Scav Sam? LOTS
- Example, simply fix the Vehicle key box so that it doesn't only give you a Camo Hatchback (pretty much), and maybe mix it up with Valkyrie Choppers, Grafitti Fastback, Fastback Flames, and other cars that players really wish they could get. Key Boxes Anyone? Fix it and you bet.
- The tradable premiums are gone now, and those were the best tradable items for players with lots of collectible loot, and were the most expensive item you sold.... lol
3. Since you are already working on textures and models, why not do a SIMPLE t-shirt reskin with the LO logo and give it away to all active acounts for free during the Anniversary. Now all the players can advertise all over the game that LO is here now. Otherwise, the game hasnt changed other than removing abilities.

These ideas are not game changers or difficult tasks, but will certainly demonstrate some sort of noticable progress on the front end to satisfy folks that feel stale when they log in.

P.S. IF YOU SERVER WIPE - keep in mind that I have spent hundreds of dollars on the marketplace, soley for the purpose of flipping those items for chips so that I can collect rare items. I have spent 4 years collecting items and I have kept track of all items on the wiki to manage my collection list. I will certainly be the biggest man baby on the planet if you wipe it all, or even some. I have spent 3 months in a row, hundreds of hours, JUST to obtain 2-3 items. Don't do it. Batch process our data and import it over so my items appear on the new server (or however you might need to accomplish this). It will pay off because you won't have man babies everywhere having a tantrum.
(I only collect 1 of each item)

Edited by Drake Dragoon
P.S.

4 hours ago, Drake Dragoon said:

P.S. IF YOU SERVER WIPE - keep in mind that I have spent hundreds of dollars on the marketplace, soley for the purpose of flipping those items for chips so that I can collect rare items. I have spent 4 years collecting items and I have kept track of all items on the wiki to manage my collection list. I will certainly be the biggest man baby on the planet if you wipe it all, or even some. I have spent 3 months in a row, hundreds of hours, JUST to obtain 2-3 items. Don't do it. Batch process our data and import it over so my items appear on the new server (or however you might need to accomplish this). It will pay off because you won't have man babies everywhere having a tantrum.
(I only collect 1 of each item)

To get a whole new engine, new marketplace, new economy, there has to be a sacrifice. Matt said that they will keep the old server up, and that purchased items will carry over into the new server(plans are still vague on what all those items will be). If you want the old Fallen Earth experience, dont start a toon on the new server. Edited by StubbyClaps

40 minutes ago, StubbyClaps said:
To get a whole new engine, new marketplace, new economy, there has to be a sacrifice. Matt said that they will keep the old server up, and that purchased items will carry over into the new server(plans are still vague on what all those items will be). If you want the old Fallen Earth experience, dont start a toon on the new server.
What would be the purpose of playing on the old engine if the new server is up? No one will want or care about my entire 'old server' collection if thats the case, rendering it all meaningless anyways.

1 hour ago, Drake Dragoon said:
1 hour ago, StubbyClaps said:
To get a whole new engine, new marketplace, new economy, there has to be a sacrifice. Matt said that they will keep the old server up, and that purchased items will carry over into the new server(plans are still vague on what all those items will be). If you want the old Fallen Earth experience, dont start a toon on the new server.
What would be the purpose of playing on the old engine if the new server is up? No one will want or care about my entire 'old server' collection if thats the case, rendering it all meaningless anyways.
It will still exist. Think of the new server as a remastered Fallen Earth. I initially was worried like you about all my rare stuff not transferring to the new server. However, just like in real life its just crap. except this is just virtual crap. Let go a bit. 
  • Like 1

OK but if I say I am going to 'Let go a bit', then I am letting go of, idk $700 (or a lot more? I don't really want to know the real number) and 3620 man hours collecting digital garbage for apparently no reason.

It seems to me that it's only a matter of extracting account data, which already exists on the server anyways, and building a simple program (if even necessary) to filter the itemized list into the new engine. When you log in with your new account, it could ask if you want to import, click yes, and the items import - 1 time only. <just hypothetical o.k.
And since they are writing a new engine anyways, this shouldn't be hard to do. It's just an items list. They should have full control of their object creation, object UUIDs, player account data, and anything else they need by then.

Matt already indicated that he will (and should) have the ability to transfer items to the new server, but hinted that he wanted to limit some items, or item types, to reduce the chance of unbalancing the new system - where duped items might get transfered too (especially from clan vaults).

But - I have this to say about cosmetic items:

Cosmetics and pets can't even be *successfully duped.

*That is, unless they are crafted, a code redeemed, rewarded from a mission or event, or they can stack. Read more if you care...

This is because each cosmetic item has a unique object id. If two or more exist at the same time, then the server see's that there is a dupe, and it deletes all but the last one. The server correction will be seen when the player logs back in.
The exception: It is possible to trap a cosmetic dupe in the mail box or the auction house during horrible lag, where the item server FIFO system is a clogged toilet (I won't describe how this can be done). But once the mail is opened or the auction item is viewed, the server will automatically delete or lock all but 1 of the items. Most games would delete all of the items altogether, which is probably how it should be.
Stackables share ID's, thus can be duped (hence part of the stack splitting issues, but not all).
Craftables can be duped because they are new object creations - with newly assigned IDs each time the item is crafted.
But again, Cosmetics and pets, with very few exceptions, can NOT be duped successfully.
Therefore, there is no reason why all of my cosmetics and pets shouldn't be transfered over, whether obtained through trades or purchased by me on the marketplace.

And if you are about to troll me about how I know this much about duping, it is because I am a programmer - and understanding how these things work is the best way to defend against them. THAT SAID, I don't know the actual inner-workings of the current Fallen Earth engine, but this information is more than likely the way it works. Matt may correct me on this. In fact I hope he responds because I would love to know more, always =P

Disclaimer: DO NOT DUPE OR ATTEMPT TO DUPE - no duping methods were described above and this information is not intended to be abused.

Edited by Drake Dragoon
I sounded rude and I added a disclaimer.

8 hours ago, Drake Dragoon said:

OK but if I say I am going to 'Let go a bit', then I am letting go of, idk $700 (or a lot more? I don't really want to know the real number) and 3620 man hours collecting digital garbage for apparently no reason.

No reason? Once again, all of your hard work will still exist. Dont play on the new server, and nothing will change.

9 hours ago, Drake Dragoon said:

Stackables share ID's, thus can be duped (hence part of the stack splitting issues, but not all).
Craftables can be duped because they are new object creations - with newly assigned IDs each time the item is crafted.
But again, Cosmetics and pets, with very few exceptions, can NOT be duped successfully.
Therefore, there is no reason why all of my cosmetics and pets shouldn't be transfered over, whether obtained through trades or purchased by me on the marketplace.
 Disclaimer: DO NOT DUPE OR ATTEMPT TO DUPE - no duping methods were described above and this information is not intended to be abused.

Ya, they said they'd be likely to have a "Legacy" server which will have your old items.

As for items through the marketplace, they will most likely transfer over, when the time comes then obviously people can request to transfer items earned through events (one time events).

As for anything you traded or bought with chips from someone, well... they aren't "impossible" to dupe but not as likely. But you keep talking about $ spent, so I'd assume you bought them or subbed for said reward.
  Edited by Nysek

Oh and here is one more thing that I think is critical, yet gets left out a lot:

Can we get all hit boxes the same size on the new engine, so that we are not forced to be a little girl to be good?
Almost every single new player makes a big male toon, only to find out after many hours invested that they will never be good - The hit box is too big.
Typically we would get something to balance it out, like more power if you are a bigger target (tanky).
You get the idea...

I was 2 days late finding out about the live chat, but I did watch the video. It was great to find out about just what was up with the old servers and coding. So long as you're working on it, I'm willing to wait.

Just want to give a shout out to Tiggs. You said she'd left the company a couple of months ago. I've been a fan of hers since this game started in 2008 and, before that, in Hellgate: London. She was so patient with all the problems I took to her. So, if you should talk to her, tell her gmaharriet misses her. 🙂

Thanks again for the live stream chat and making the video available to those of us who missed it.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:05 PM, Drake Dragoon said:

Oh and here is one more thing that I think is critical, yet gets left out a lot:

Can we get all hit boxes the same size on the new engine, so that we are not forced to be a little girl to be good?
Almost every single new player makes a big male toon, only to find out after many hours invested that they will never be good - The hit box is too big.
Typically we would get something to balance it out, like more power if you are a bigger target (tanky).
You get the idea...

I actually left this one out as the new client isn't present, yet, but is definitely a question for sure.
  • Like 1

Just caught the stream - great to hear where things are at and all sounds very positive.  I had a chuckle when I heard Unity was the way things are going - playing one Unity MMO at the moment, watching another in development closely so FE will be three 🙂

Clearly this isn't the time for detailed questions on gameplay etc.  I really like the idea of a fresh start server - my wife and I will be there for sure when the time comes.