Photo

New category: "Scammed Item" in gamersfirst support.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Zirc0niium

Zirc0niium

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 09-June 15
Hi, I noticed that there is a new category "scammed item" in Contact Us part in gamersfirst support. Does this mean any good news to the traders in game?

Please shed some light into this issue.
Just because someone stumbles and loses their path doesnt mean they're lost forever. Sometimes we need a little help.

Mod Squad 20

Mod Squad 20

Forum Moderator

• Retired Mod Squad
  • 941 posts
  • Joined 01-July 15
Hello, the message remains the same, players should NOT do trades as there is NOT trading system in place, however, to keep reports organised so they can be reviewed and given the right priority the customer support have introduced new categories to help fulfil this.

Bear in mind trading is NOT a part of the game and should not be used as it put players at risk of being scammed out of their goods. If you are scammed then you should contact the customer support, in some cases players receive their items back, however, the customer support is not obligated to return your items as trading is Not an official feature and players are advised to avoid trading.

Note: Tiggs or any other reloaded staff may come and add more information.

Do not turn this thread into a scam report box or name and shame.

APB Reloaded customer support links.

APB Reloaded PC Customer Support.

APB Reloaded XBOX ONE Customer Support.

APB Reloaded PS4 Customer Support.

Trade notice, please read.

Spoiler

TheJellyGoo

TheJellyGoo

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3012 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

One of the many things that COULD have been part of the game to reduce the risk of people getting scammed though. :')

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

VickyFox

VickyFox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2252 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

One of the many things that COULD have been part of the game to reduce the risk of people getting scammed though. :')

A actual trading system may prevent some scams but would only create others.

76561198064842306.png

TheJellyGoo

TheJellyGoo

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3012 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

I said reduce not nullify.

Stupidity will always find a way but with a system in place smart and honest people have a way of doing it fast and easy without risk.

Edited by TheJellyGoo, 16 April 2018 - 03:12 AM.

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

Zolerox

Zolerox

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2516 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

In the mean time Trusted middlemen are a better way to trade , Don't trade with silvers or anyone under lvl 150

But an actual trading system would completely stop scams (2 people put items you can't take their item without giving requested item)

The whole "Legendary pricing" issue can be still a way to scam the old "my nano is worth 4 volcano's" problem

A bronze doesn't know his ursus isn't equal to a hazardous he just got lucky from a box.

Personally i prefer just buying legendaries for Cold hard (probably covered in criminal blood) Cash 

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

Fenton

Fenton

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Joined 18-November 12

Trade for credits via the marketplace or not at all. Yes, there's a tax, but there is in life.

Mod Squad 20

Mod Squad 20

Forum Moderator

• Retired Mod Squad
  • 941 posts
  • Joined 01-July 15

In the mean time Trusted middlemen are a better way to trade , Don't trade with silvers or anyone under lvl 150

But an actual trading system would completely stop scams (2 people put items you can't take their item without giving requested item)
The whole "Legendary pricing" issue can be still a way to scam the old "my nano is worth 4 volcano's" problem

A bronze doesn't know his ursus isn't equal to a hazardous he just got lucky from a box.

Personally i prefer just buying legendaries for Cold hard (probably covered in criminal blood) Cash

There is NOT such a thing called "trusted middleman" so refrain from using that terminology.

Spoiler

Fasalina

Fasalina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Joined 20-February 15
Cool, so now when you get scammed your report will directly end up in the bin.

Citadel
Fasalina 255 Enforcer | Ysana 255 Criminal
Stop deleting my posts :^) | Q1 2014

Mod Squad 20

Mod Squad 20

Forum Moderator

• Retired Mod Squad
  • 941 posts
  • Joined 01-July 15

Cool, so now when you get scammed your report will directly end up in the bin.

Or you can just simply listen to G1 when they tell you not to do trades, and you will be fine.

Spoiler

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Or you can just simply listen to G1 when they tell you not to do trades, and you will be fine.

SZPKjpz.gif

lol... gottem

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

Fasalina

Fasalina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Joined 20-February 15

I don't trade so i don't get scammed.

But thanks for confirming what i said. :^)

Citadel

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2077 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13
There is a 100% trusted platform that acts as a middleman - it does take 20% as a fee but it's safe to use for trades of every weapon - the goddamn marketplace. Just use it. 0% chance of getting scammed as long as you don't make any additional agreements.

Edited by ❤BR)))❤, 16 April 2018 - 07:53 AM.

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

Mod Squad 20

Mod Squad 20

Forum Moderator

• Retired Mod Squad
  • 941 posts
  • Joined 01-July 15

I don't trade so i don't get scammed.
But thanks for confirming what i said. :^)

I did not confirm anything, I am calling you out for spreading misinformation in a hope you stop doing that. For example saying you do not trade and you never have been scammed but at the same time claiming scam reports are not dealt with is exactly contradicting your previous statement and also giving out false information.

All reports are dealt with, and because trading is not supported and also not a game feature the customer support is not in the obligation of returning scammed items since they were lost in a trade that is considered against the TOS, you can refer to the trading notice link I have in my signature for more information.

Spoiler

Fasalina

Fasalina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Joined 20-February 15

I did not confirm anything, I am calling you out for spreading misinformation in a hope you stop doing that. For example saying you do not trade and you never have been scammed but at the same time claiming scam reports are not dealt with is exactly contradicting your previous statement and also giving out false information.

Who says i don't have a friend/clanmate who has had it happen to them. :^)

Citadel

Mod Squad 20

Mod Squad 20

Forum Moderator

• Retired Mod Squad
  • 941 posts
  • Joined 01-July 15

Who says i don't have a friend/clanmate who has had it happen to them. :^)

This isn't a debate, and if you read what I commented you may find the answer for what happened to your friends, unfortunately, not every scam case has a happy end and your friend's misfortune may be related to what I posted.

I have personally served in this community for years and I know so many players that have fallen victim of scam and have received their items back. The message remains the same if you do trades be prepare for the consequences.

Spoiler

Tiggs

Tiggs

Advisor

• Administrators
  • 49998 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Hi, I noticed that there is a new category "scammed item" in Contact Us part in gamersfirst support. Does this mean any good news to the traders in game?

Please shed some light into this issue.

The reason for adding in this category is because players are using the "report cheater" for when they've been scammed. Using a middleman is still against the rules and will get you and them banned.  

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users