• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Javanick

Javanick

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 05-August 15

I still have hope that one day G1 will release a engine update and new contents and hopefully that would bring back its massive pop its usually have back in the old days........i know its been years since its last engine update but still I know alot of you could agree that its still very playable with its current contents that it has.......the main problems would be hackers (atleast for me)......its a very good game with lots and lots of clothes, guns, and vehicles (both free and purchasable).

Leave your comments to why you still hope for APB below. 

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2221 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

No. The many many many months of radio silence speaks volumes. Th engine upgrade should have been finished months/years ago. They arent even making an attempt at the sad blog posts. 

Right now its a sinking ship. Hang on to whats left, enjoy it while you can, wait for the doors to close. Best case scenario at this point is for another company to buy this, again, and breath new life into the game. G1 has ruined there name at this point. 

Drink up. Shoot in. Let the beatings begin. Distributor of pain. Your loss becomes my gain. Anger. Misery. You’ll suffer unto me. Harvester of sorrow. Language of the mad. Harvester of sorrow. All have said their prayers. Invade their nightmares.
To see into my eyes. You’ll find where murder lies.

e963b_metallica_loo.png

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3598 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

b2f554a54e2d2300aa9901d2d9321f0b.gif

Even though the people at G1/Reloaded Games obviously care a lot about the game, the amount of new news (0) is impossible to ignore.

At least we have @utilizator to breathe a bit of life and discussion into the forums these days.

69tZxRU.jpg 

Loudness

Loudness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

Even though the people at G1/Reloaded Games obviously care a lot about the game, the amount of new news (0) is impossible to ignore.

At least we have @utilizator to breathe a bit of life and discussion into the forums these days.

made me giggle quite a bit.

as for op, look at the console release. they have the upgraded engine. sure it runs like trash but look at the specs of the consoles plus we all know apb has 100/10 optimization.

looking at how the "engine upgrade" possibly only needs some small tweaking for it to come out of pc and that it didnt happen 1 (or even longer?) year after the release of the console version makes me believe we probably wont see the engine upgrade anytime soon or not at all

AXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXXAXAXAXAXA

Iamprophet

Iamprophet

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1762 posts
  • Joined 24-July 11

The-Shawshank-Redemption-2.gif

|Citadel | IGN: IamProphet | Faction: Crim|

VickyFox

VickyFox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2197 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

the main problems would be hackers (atleast for me)......

Joined 06-August 15

Says it all there.

I wish I could say I have hope still but I am not going to have hope only for it to have them dashed.

One can believe RP are working on the EU, however I am doubtful that it will released in time for the PC version without some sort of significant impact.

76561198064842306.png

AxeTurboAgresor

AxeTurboAgresor

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 13-August 14

I lost all my hope, and now truly belive that the game is dying since Citadel turned into constant lag fest like 1-2 weeks ago. Silver districts were always unlayable for me, but now even FC, Social, and OC are laggy as hell. There is nowhere to hide from lags anymore. Servers are not even full as they used to be.

Until now I still had faith. Do you know this smell, coming mostly from old people.. they have accepted their fate, and you can literaly smell death from them. This is what I feel while playing APB now.

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7276 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

No way I prefer games where developers DO get things done. 

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1635 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

I mean, Im still confident the servers will be up when I go to play.

Also, I dont want that disaster of an engine update, and Im glad they didnt release that mommy show to PC.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

Bazengaecksdee

Bazengaecksdee

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 08-July 13
Keep dreaming buddy.

sundere

sundere

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 05-May 15

i lost any hopes, i saw the dead of Han server, when i start to play (2014) Han was so alive, many players in every hour, now 30 players if you have lucky, also i create a character in citadel to keeping playing (with a little bit of hope on this game) but the lag... the damnnn lag, the end is near and you have to assume

SAVE HAN PLEASE OR LET US MIGRATE oh my!

Thial

Thial

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Joined 10-April 14

I still have a bit of naive hope that one day G1 will be like "Surprise !!!" and engine upgrade will be released and they will take care of cheaters but to be honest I'm just lying to myself...

ZaBZ2mR.png puoUYSU.png UMxfNCv.png 0dhKs9r.png

YungDonTheInkGod

YungDonTheInkGod

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 03-January 18

APB for me is that one ex you break up with, but always turn back to.

No hope in that lmao

Edited by YungDonTheInkGod, 16 April 2018 - 07:06 AM.

8a47e7efa1705a8c296fce571dae455e.png

255_crime.png Inkie  I  Citadel

MrChan

MrChan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

It's clear at this stage that the Dev team don't have the resources left to follow up on whatever good intentions they may have. So no.

We got a few good years out of it.

Citadel - MrChan - Criminal - Clanless

Citadel - Skrallis  - Enforcer - Clanless

Fasalina

Fasalina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Joined 20-February 15
Ofcourse i still have hopes. :^)

No, not really.

Citadel
Fasalina 255 Enforcer | Ysana 255 Criminal
Stop deleting my posts :^) | Q1 2014

Vitrorax

Vitrorax

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 18-October 11

Tony-Stark-Shakes-Head-Iron-Man.gif?ssl=

Nah

Edited by Vitrorax, 16 April 2018 - 07:51 AM.

enforcer_gold_250.png

Sodium

Sodium

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts
  • Joined 26-November 14

99% of me lost all hope 2 years ago, but a tiny spark of 1% of me still believes in a total recovery, and i'm pretty sure i'm being fair with my percentages. 

MySodiuM 14px-twitch-icon.png

Realization ; notSodium ; PRlMOVlCTORlA ;  (Citadel) 

ARandomNoob

ARandomNoob

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 25-August 16
Back mid 2017 my hope was waning, now it's gone. I literally see no way at this point that any good news is on the way. If they didn't have the resources for the engine upgrade in the last gew years they definitely don't have it now. Feels like they decided as a business decision that the payoff of working on the PC version wasn't worth the time and money

790fbfa479.jpg

I refuse to play this game until my account of 5 years has it's false ban removed, until then I will use this account for the forums only

G1 took out all my accounts in one fell swoop so I get the hint they don't want me or my money in their game anyways

Chixx

Chixx

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 12-April 18

No hope, only dreams HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

LostChild

LostChild

Initiate

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-April 18

mehh

RandomCatface

RandomCatface

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

No. I mean look at the forum. No communication, development timelines, goals, nothing. All we ever get is sales. Will just play until it dies completely or something else replaces it in which I hope soon enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

Uminee

Uminee

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 27-January 12

Until now I still had faith. Do you know this smell, coming mostly from old people.. they have accepted their fate, and you can literaly smell death from them. This is what I feel while playing APB now.

Old people smell is the result of an increased production of the chemical compound Nonenal, due to hormonal changes that leave their skin more vulnerable to oxidation. This natural biological process is completely independent of an elderly individual's outlook in regards to philosophical concepts such as fate and mortality. That said, your attempted metaphor was not without an element of poetry. Maybe workshop that one.

On the actual topic ... hope for APB?

If I'm being rational, I'd say that it is best to abandon preconceptions and expectations, and let things play out as they may. Easier in theory than in practice though, it is sad to see something with such unique potential dwindle away. So I do have have some hope, but it is not for APB specifically (though it could be) ... my hope is that someone will recognize the value and potential of the sort of systems APB utilizes and seek to occupy that niche.

Check out Uminee's Ensembles!

If you play on Jericho, make sure to stop by Uminee's Fashion Boutique!

Abduct / Devote

Abduct / Devote

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3731 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

Q1 2014 was a great estimate, we're almost there!

I play by the names: Abduct Devote Feign Beneath

vOfzpRF.jpg

the anubis is a rifle and has a 3 shot ttk

lol ^

Sodium

Sodium

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1588 posts
  • Joined 26-November 14

Old people smell is the result of an increased production of the chemical compound Nonenal, due to hormonal changes that leave their skin more vulnerable to oxidation. This natural biological process is completely independent of an elderly individual's outlook in regards to philosophical concepts such as fate and mortality. That said, your attempted metaphor was not without an element of poetry. Maybe workshop that one.

It was just an analogy... calm down

MySodiuM 14px-twitch-icon.png

Realization ; notSodium ; PRlMOVlCTORlA ;  (Citadel) 

foscor77

foscor77

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 14-June 14

donnu about hope or anything but i'l continue to play this game till as long as its going to last.

Ripazha

Ripazha

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 10-July 17

I see Mod Squad has been doing their dirty chores of removing posts again.

*Clap clap*

Edited by Ripazha, 17 April 2018 - 03:50 AM.

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1635 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

*Clap clap*

Yeah, how dare they enforce the rules.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

AxeTurboAgresor

AxeTurboAgresor

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 13-August 14

@Uminee  Dude you completely missed my point. Iam not talking about actual physical smell...

utilizator

utilizator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Joined 16-December 11

I mean, Im still confident the servers will be up when I go to play.

Also, I dont want that disaster of an engine update, and Im glad they didnt release that mommy show to PC.

That was my thoughts exactly, and i never liked the idea of the engine update and it would have been a mess, breaking a ton of things, taking them forever to fix just like tracers or traffic lights in financial, and not to mention just how ugly the new engine made the game look, its like they couldnt implement APBs shaders into it so now its just runs on default lighting settings and look like some steam greenlight asset flip money grab game.If they swapped the existing PC game with that, it would kill the game for real.

Edited by utilizator, 17 April 2018 - 09:05 AM.

Loudness

Loudness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

*Clap clap*

at least it isnt locked

and im not banned yet wooo

Edited by Loudness, 17 April 2018 - 11:13 AM.

General Lee

General Lee

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13

APB itself is done for, but somebody else will pick up the IP when G1/Reloaded folds or fans will create a continuation in some way or another. APB is too fun and unique to go away forever.

MarketDigger2000

MarketDigger2000

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 05-May 17

APB itself is done for, but somebody else will pick up the IP when G1/Reloaded folds or fans will create a continuation in some way or another. APB is too fun and unique to go away forever.

Project Nekrova. Enough said, APB is dead, or atleast will be. 0 communication from G1/RP it's just so dissapointing. 

​Anyway, i'm waiting for Project Nekrova to finish to abandon this game forever.

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1635 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

​Anyway, i'm waiting for Project Nekrova to finish to abandon this game forever.

Finally... someone more delusional than those expecting someone to buy APB. lul

Edited by CookiePuss, 18 April 2018 - 07:21 AM.

Loudness

Loudness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

Project Nekrova. Enough said, APB is dead, or atleast will be. 0 communication from G1/RP it's just so dissapointing. 

nekrova wont last long either

PoshDoll

PoshDoll

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2597 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

no. i come here for the spiciest memes everyday.

Much madness is divinest sense to a discerning eye; much sense - the starkest Madness. `Tis the Majority. In this, as All, prevail. Assent - and you are sane. Demur - you`re straightaway dangerous and handled with a Chain.
PSN: skitsolite

Spoiler

QtePi

QtePi

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 06-September 13

hope after 4 years ?

jCaqXom.jpg

want sum pipeh?

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1635 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

hope after 4 years ?

jCaqXom.jpg

Why is your image blank?

QtePi

QtePi

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 06-September 13

Why is your image blank?

cuz its blank? 

want sum pipeh?

Loudness

Loudness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

no. i come here for the spiciest memes everyday.

whats a miem

HardStyler3

HardStyler3

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15

i genuinely have hope :)

I7 4790k @4,5ghz @ 1,2V, 16GB G.Skill 1600mhz, Sapphire R9 390 Nitro 8GB, 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users