Photo

What is up with the insanely unbalaced NPC combat?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MrBuckness

MrBuckness

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 01-January 18

Seriously the NPC/Mission combat is extremely imbalanced, no matter what buffs, armor, and weapon i use the combat seems to be absolutely in the NPCs favor every time i can never catch a break and the missions, some of them, are ridiculously hard for no reason other than the programmers programmed the npcs on steroids. Any insight? or advice on how to......win?

rufino

rufino

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 20-December 17

Misions has colors, get the white/green ones instead of the yellow....is my first advise, my second is check the gear you wear, and the skills you have. And ask for group for the group missions (the group missions have a diferent icon),

This game is mostly soloable....you are doing something wrong.

Edited by rufino, 03 January 2018 - 09:12 AM.

Sharkdog

Sharkdog

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

For the first few years after the game was released, the NPCs hit like wet noodles.  You could take on about 10 at a time and not die.  Eventually the devs turned up their damage but didn't reduce mob density  So every once in a while you may find yourself overwhelmed.  Ranged weapons make it much easier.  If this is your first character ever and are trying to melee, that can also be a challenge.  Buffs, self heals, and decent armor are a must if melee spec.  Also a good idea to use the taunt ability to pick single mobs out from a clump.

Wizard70

Wizard70

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 22-February 13

For the first few years after the game was released, the NPCs hit like wet noodles.  You could take on about 10 at a time and not die.  Eventually the devs turned up their damage but didn't reduce mob density  So every once in a while you may find yourself overwhelmed.  Ranged weapons make it much easier.  If this is your first character ever and are trying to melee, that can also be a challenge.  Buffs, self heals, and decent armor are a must if melee spec.  Also a good idea to use the taunt ability to pick single mobs out from a clump.

That's strange I found exactly the opposite. I found ranged underwhelming and weak at low levels and have used melee at the start for very build I have done. The advantages are numerous. Cheaper to produce no ammo costs and way more effective DPS wise than any low level ranged weapon. The only time a used ranged was to pull an enemy out of cover and come after me so I could kill it with melee.

I was brought into this world to do a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die

Eric Cloud

Eric Cloud

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 13-October 15

Rifle, Pistol or Melee, honestly does not matter which if you know what you are doing somewhat. And like they mentioned with the white/green vs Yellow - Red mission icons can make a big difference, also matters where you are in the gameworld. Sounds to me like you may be in an area doing missions or fighting npcs that may be slightly higher than was meant for the level you are currently at. Healing is another very important factor, if you are not using the all the healing you can it can be very rough. Some make the mistake of only using Staunch and patch, or not upgrading them when possible when they reach higher levels. Low level healing like staunch 1 or Benevolence 1 that you start with are not quite so effective when you gain levels and have more hitpoints to heal.

Edited by Eric Cloud, 13 January 2018 - 03:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users