67 replies to this topic

llamatron66

llamatron66

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

As mentioned, the game in that video although cool is nowhere close to FE ... I went through all the current MMO's out there and nothing comes close except for two factors... 1 - more than 4 people play them .. and 2 - the games have a future.

If they have to do a rollback to fix this dupe version wise, and we have to start again, so be it ... I'd actually quite enjoy starting from the ground up again. Sure I'd miss all my current toons, but lets face it they're almost useless/gone in their current state anyway unless a miracle happens. My only worry is that even if we roll back to a working version .... version 1.x.z .... we'd end up being stuck with that version as there is no real dev team with access to the code base anymore. I think we'd also be missing the vision of the original team that made the game so unique in the first place even if we had it, and Gamersfirst would just turn the game into a generic cash cow.

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

That video looks nowhere at all like Fallen Earth.  It looks like another Rust clone.  A game promoting itself about "exploring", "become a champion or a rogue", "build stuff"  etc etc.  But they all boil down to the same thing:  100% pvp and griefing. Something FE was never about.

Unlike those games, FE at least has story lore and questing to it and none of that perma-death-waste-your-time nonsense, which is why people played FE in the first place. FE is an MMORPG game.

MMO Survival != MMORPG.  It's that simple.

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

that game is very simliar in genre, you can play it without do pvp like fallen earth, you can craft items, theyhave a history and quests ..................... its not 100% pvp at all, you can stay in civilian faction and kill mobs as in fallen earth............  but well, is a unfinished game wich never will be finished...................

Main problem is, that games are in alpha and is very dificult they get beta................... nothing to say  about that games could be finished game!!

Fallen earth have this advantage, is a finished game, with some minor bugs wich can be repaired as dupe and many others.

that other games have infinite bugs because they are unfinished.

Why company of games are doing games similar to fallen earth just now? can be because they know this genre is very cool and people can get adicted by them?

I am here not to convice anyone about a " RESET with conditions" for restore game.  I am here to say about " SOMETHING" must be done, due low or non existant population.

Instead say NO this or NO that, why you all cant try help?   You know another better idea to help game??   Finish game without try if reset can work?

I think in a weekend tiggs can do  this reset , with an exclusive event with gms on in all weekend and restore fallen earth to 1k+ population, i believe this.

Edit: we have to believe in dragon tiggs, she can do it!!

Edited by Aroa Croft, 26 March 2018 - 06:37 AM.

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

dificult solution or no solution everybody is giving here.....................

reset----------------- version before gores -------------------------- make dt all items not tradeable/ relics non tradeable/ impure volatil chemical non tradeable/ salvage prefall tech non tradable/ change name as same other bought for marketplace non tradeable.......................

seriusly, with all this dupes have no sense, and game will run far better with a clean server with less 1 million names non playing and with less software wich makes server go slower and create lag.

hope is last we have to lose ))

Div

Div

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 18-March 18

Bad idea.  If they can fix duping fantastic.  If they can remove duped items from the game, maybe even reset people's chips or something, great, I would totally support that.  But erasing everyone's toons and their years of work is not the solution, and frankly will never happen so it's not even worth talking about tbh.  The game is dead, has been for years.  Sure, if they did this some banned pvpers would come back, but eventually they would all just get banned again and the game would be even more dead than it is now.

Now I am going to get personal with you Aroa:  I very much question your motivation for wanting this.  Could it be that all your pvp friends are banned?  You pay to get unbanned after many years, and instantly start almost exclusively teaming with Dimond, Chloe, and Magora.  (You were questioning Clammier's 30x reroll claim? I'm sure Dimond and Magora were two of the main ones she was talking about).  You come back with the same attitude you've always had in PVP, anyone who can kill you is a cheater, you don't want even, competitive PVP, you just want to kill people worse than you.  Well the game is dead, there aren't hundreds of male toon noobs running around pvp zones anymore.  So anyway, very predictably Dimond and Magora aimbot like always, get banned multiple times each since your unbanning, and you rage quit the game.  Your "comeback" in FE was a huge fail because of YOUR mentality.  Sure the game is dead af, but you could of still gotten a little fun pvp if it wasn't for your own bad decisions and bad attitude.  Do everyone a favor and just retire from FE and let the game die.  

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

1) Bad idea.  If they can fix duping fantastic.  If they can remove duped items from the game, maybe even reset people's chips or something, great, I would totally support that.  But erasing everyone's toons and their years of work is not the solution, and frankly will never happen so it's not even worth talking about tbh.  The game is dead, has been for years.  Sure, if they did this some banned pvpers would come back, but eventually they would all just get banned again and the game would be even more dead than it is now.

2 ) Now I am going to get personal with you Aroa:  I very much question your motivation for wanting this.  Could it be that all your pvp friends are banned?  You pay to get unbanned after many years, and instantly start almost exclusively teaming with Dimond, Chloe, and Magora.  (You were questioning Clammier's 30x reroll claim? I'm sure Dimond and Magora were two of the main ones she was talking about).  You come back with the same attitude you've always had in PVP, anyone who can kill you is a cheater, you don't want even, competitive PVP, you just want to kill people worse than you.  Well the game is dead, there aren't hundreds of male toon noobs running around pvp zones anymore.  So anyway, very predictably Dimond and Magora aimbot like always, get banned multiple times each since your unbanning, and you rage quit the game.  Your "comeback" in FE was a huge fail because of YOUR mentality.  Sure the game is dead af, but you could of still gotten a little fun pvp if it wasn't for your own bad decisions and bad attitude.  Do everyone a favor and just retire from FE and let the game die.  

1) reset is the most valuable option we have to save game, because do a reset UPDATE is FREE, it just need time  and no money from owners.

-  erase all name players is necesary for clean server

-  launch a working version as pregores is necesary

-  do some changes making some items " not tradeable" will prevent future dupes

- To have a large population is necesary because  a MORPG with so large map  with anyone playing is stupid

lets see, i see you dont want to lose your valuable items got, but think about it................... they have some value in a server  with NO players?

reset will work, since icarus server/ version had no lag, is just to retun to working game and not stay in lagy one.

2) you are asking about my personal feelings and you saying some stupid things againts me,  without having met me in the game, really i no need answer you, I am adult enough not to answer children's questions.

but you should know that I have no relationship at this time and for a long time with none of the ones you name.

I think I do not need to say more, you yourself retract in the inconsistencies that you say.

see a video and enjoy:

is from an old clan wich can return if reset is done " FOR EXAMPLE"

llamatron66

llamatron66

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

I see a video.... that distorts when someone is being directly targetted..  why bother playing if you can't play fair.

cheat1.jpg

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

I see a video.... that distorts when someone is being directly targetted..  why bother playing if you can't play fair.

cheat1.jpg

i was asking same question as you do some years ago.

probably reservoir semy was using a "allowed ui" or maybe when you use rifle apear scope option ( i never used any rifle so i dont know how works)

By the way, reservoir semy was not a great pvper  in solo fight, but in group fights posibly was best player leader in game.

I dont think reservoir was cheating and he played fair all years he did, thats my opinion.

about UI, there is some shared in this forum, not all are dowmloable, for example my poker UI is not shared for comunity, and you can see in my videos it have a + in center for make shooting more predictable.

There is a lot UI for pve and pvp situation, but they all need skill from players and they are allowed in game.

To have or not custom ui not help you in batle, alot people uses games ui and they say are best.

maybe somebody in forum can explain that "distort" from video, sorry but i never used rifles for make a proper explanation

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Reset + add a version ( without that easy to make weapons/armor), probably 99% sure wil make old players back to game, and as a " domino" will do a great population.

With some lucky, deleting everything and making a clean server from 0 can force a new economy/new begining/ new history......... with no dupes/ with no lag.

or  just making a adding a  new server active 1 moth can show you that

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

https://forums.gamer...y/#entry4522346

by the way, this affect to fallen earth?

Rattlehead

Rattlehead

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

https://forums.gamer...y/#entry4522346

by the way, this affect to fallen earth?

Yes it does. https://forums.gamer...arth-community/

Rattlehead---CHOTA---Iron Sights

Twojstaryxpl

Twojstaryxpl

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-May 18

Reset + add a version ( without that easy to make weapons/armor), probably 99% sure wil make old players back to game, and as a " domino" will do a great population.

With some lucky, deleting everything and making a clean server from 0 can force a new economy/new begining/ new history......... with no dupes/ with no lag.

no  :chairwack: 

Dracio

Dracio

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 20-July 14

You realise that no one except you in the entire gaming community of FE wants a reset of any kind.

This has been discussed to death. No one wants it, no one thinks it will benefit the game. Most older players have even rejected this. It wouldn't make them return.

The suggestions that have been put forth are:

• Fix known bugs
  • Make Factions relevant again (not sure how this could be done but some suggest going back to faction only skills. Many do not like this)
  • More oversight in regards to GM participation and controlling help channel.
  • Reduction in the cost of Premiums (even scrap all premiums and make 1, at a lower price that offers commanders benefits)
  • Reduce the prices of items in marketplace. The game is old, those items are old. Reduce their cost inline with the value of the game.
  • Bring back stacking or get rid of weight limits.
  • Faster handling of tickets.
  • Anticheat
  • More communication from G1 (though that is irrelevant now. Guess regular communication from Little Orbit will be taken that ideas place).
  • A non PVP zone to place harvesters. This would give a reduction in mats because of lack of threats but for those that hate PVP would be beneficial.
  • Fix the lag.
  • And lastly events, new items and content.

These are the real ideas put forth by the community. Not some ridiculous reset.

Edited by Dracio, 11 May 2018 - 03:18 AM.

Creeping Vulture

Creeping Vulture

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 26-January 16

Down with my :ninjakatana:  bro here. So yeah, at the certain point this thread will be closed.

P.S. - What he said. Pretty much... :) . Not only that, and not all of that...but more or less, something like that ^_^ .

P.S.2 - Just ignore this thread for awhile from now on, pls :stop: .

Stay alive :Rock:

Edited by Creeping Vulture, 11 May 2018 - 06:31 AM.

Dracio

Dracio

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 20-July 14

Down with my :ninjakatana:  bro here. So yeah, at the certain point this thread will be closed.

P.S. - What he said. Pretty much... :) . Not only that, and not all of that...but more or less, something like that ^_^ .

And you are a moderator? I think not. You cannot police peoples opinions here or in game Vulture.

Lets go play FE and have some fun ok. Catch ya in the wastelands.

Guinylen

Guinylen

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 09-July 14

No! You're not my owner!

Connally

Connally

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 17-August 14

I like this idea

NysekZePope

NysekZePope

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 11-May 18
I'm more for them finding a way to track, remove, and fix the overall gosh darn-ups caused by duping which would require a wipe....

But if that's impossible it's simply best to wipe and make sure to return the following things....
  • Any and all sub/vet/legacy rewards
  • Any and all codes used under account redeem pages
  • Any and all items earned through events in the past that otherwise could not be tracked (meaning taking down said information prior to wiping)

Then obviously revert random node changes, streamline the experience to get back to end-game, fix progression at 55 where previous armors/weapons of the same level tier are worthless compared to GT Stage 1 and AP weapons.... they should be something players can simply use as placeholders while trying to reach GT/AP.

A DT tier 2 suit, or weapon, should not be 550k DT. Maybe 50-100k (and all should have Stage 3 resistance).

Stage 3 and GORE should not require a disgusting amount of runs to complete, GORE weapons should ALWAYS upgrade, and material costs should be greatly reduced while removing ANY DT REQUIREMENT. But there's more....
  • Remove RNG system of GORE bait, simply have it as a mission that you can grab in their respectable zones which is repeatable.
  • All players who have the quest are rewarded, period, this includes in raid settings.
  • Remove GORE Repair Kits and Ammo.
  • Have rothium be given as a reward for these missions to avoid requiring PVE'ers to place harvesters.
  • Only require Faction or Stage 2 Suits in the making of Stage 3
  • Buff Stage 2 Suits to DT tier 1 resistance. Buff Faction to this tier as well. (Obviously following suit to Dreadnaught resistance)
  • Personally I'd remove this requirement, but maybe have it as an option for those who wish to do citadel still or faction grind at a lower cost than without.
[*]Do not give GORE AP augmentation, simply buff Big B's and Big Jackal to repectable levels.
[/list]

That being said, I'd rather they attempt to fix the current game.

Edited by NysekZePope, 13 May 2018 - 09:04 AM.

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

i see a good way in your post, nysek

NysekZePope

NysekZePope

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 11-May 18

i see a good way in your post, nysek

Because I am clearly best dev :troll_face:

Guinylen

Guinylen

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 09-July 14

One thing to point out, you mentioned resetting the game will bring old players back. But if the game is reset, all of us are essentially new players. I doubt many would want to start all over again. All the time spent in the game would basically mean nothing. By saying that, it will kill the playerbase even more.

However, I will only agree to a game reset if and only if all the following conditions are met:

• we retain all our cosmetic items, mounts, vehicles, pets, all knowledges and recipes
  • we retain all event-related items, items bought from marketplace (including tradeable premiums)
  • no changes to the game design - adding/removing existing features, such as items, missions etc.

Edited by Guinylen, 14 May 2018 - 06:33 PM.

Dracio

Dracio

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 20-July 14

Because I am clearly best dev :troll_face:

but you are not  a dev.

This thread needs to be locked imo

imrerom

imrerom

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 26-November 14

I do not want to lose anything.

I need my all item(cloths,weps,mats,cars) All.

it was difficult to get them to me.

Sorry Aroa ,this is bad idea.

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

I do not want to lose anything.

I need my all item(cloths,weps,mats,cars) All.

it was difficult to get them to me.

Sorry Aroa ,this is bad idea.

I do not want to lose anything either, I have five fully equipped characters, mastercafters and everything. The idea of ​​the reset is to give an opportunity to recover the game but always being the last resort, since as you see the economy is broken, as well as the pvp, as well as the number of players ....... I already that there are people who have created 30 characters and do not want to lose what they played, I understand them perfectly. Look, the reset could be secondary if the case of a new server for example, but here we are putting costs, which I do not think the game has. For now it would be best to give 2-3 months to see if the people return, given the new directive and see if there is "magic" and a total Unban that makes the game grow again. Although nobody likes that cheats come back, but if they are known, as they do a minimum movement of traps will be caught. a greeting and thanks for your opinion

Chris Vincent

Chris Vincent

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12

People who have been banned are gone for a reason, we really don't need them back in the community. I don't see the merit in resetting the server and to be honest with you I just don't see it happening from the perspective of an investor. It's okay to have that opinion about thinking it will solve all of our problems but it really won't do much in the long-term, if anything it's important to look at the opposite view and understand that the economy is not the core problem of the game.

Most of my clannies have left the game because of toxicity that was taken too far, people were becoming targets IRL over stupid conflicts in a video game. Is that really the kind of crap you want to see happening again? An unban won't do justice to the people that suffered and left the game because of this.

I wish you would fight just as hard to change the game in your own little ways rather than to ask a developer to solve the problems themselves. History has proved one thing; it's all about the money the game can make from the community and a reset will only make it more difficult to handle new problems that will come from maintaining server costs.

If there's one thing the developer can do they can bring back shoulder factions and make clans matter again. Invest time and effort into the community and they will see the benefits return tenfold. That's the only roll-back the game needs and at best it's mostly a patch.

Family before Traveler, Traveler before everyone else.

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

People who have been banned are gone for a reason, we really don't need them back in the community. I don't see the merit in resetting the server and to be honest with you I just don't see it happening from the perspective of an investor. It's okay to have that opinion about thinking it will solve all of our problems but it really won't do much in the long-term, if anything it's important to look at the opposite view and understand that the economy is not the core problem of the game.

Most of my clannies have left the game because of toxicity that was taken too far, people were becoming targets IRL over stupid conflicts in a video game. Is that really the kind of crap you want to see happening again? An unban won't do justice to the people that suffered and left the game because of this.

I wish you would fight just as hard to change the game in your own little ways rather than to ask a developer to solve the problems themselves. History has proved one thing; it's all about the money the game can make from the community and a reset will only make it more difficult to handle new problems that will come from maintaining server costs.

If there's one thing the developer can do they can bring back shoulder factions and make clans matter again. Invest time and effort into the community and they will see the benefits return tenfold. That's the only roll-back the game needs and at best it's mostly a patch.

If the new company is changing the code of conduct, it will be because not all the prohibitions have been correct. As I said before I do not want cheats back or people who have duplicated objects to the game, but I want to think that people who have cheated have learned the lesson or if I want to believe that if they return they will be quickly banned when they use traps since they are known.

the cost of doing a reset is zero, and if it is done with an attractive game in an attractive version it is zero, it is only work and time that is needed. I do not think the new company wants to invest money in a failed project given the downward curve in terms of population. Notwithstanding the reset I see it as a last resort and the game requires that it be done imminent ..... honestly, I do not want to lose everything played, but if required to do a thorough cleaning of the lag and all the duplicate objects I would not mind sacrificing myself in favor of something bigger like the community and the game.

Chris Vincent

Chris Vincent

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12

You've made a fair point, it's important to understand that second chances are good in some cases. If Little Orbit is capable of handling this sort of thing it will require a moderation team that can actively handle and investigate reports. This means having cases tracked and solved within a few days, any longer and we might start to see issues re-arise.

As per duped items it's either a choice of get rid of everything or keep it all and move on. It's not easy to give up everything you've worked hard for especially with how fragmented the community is. It won't be simple to rebuild from scratch even if full AP and knowledges were kept. The grind alone would require the coordination of large groups of people, not all of which can be active at the same time.

If it would be a cost effective alternative I see the merit in it as opposed to spending time and money on maintenance and patches but that's something for Little Orbit developers to decide, ultimately it's hard to estimate the time value of this because they would have their own plans and ambitions for the future of the game.

I think we'll have to be patient for a while, it could be six months before we even see a single patch beyond forum, ToC and CoC updates. Now is the time to speculate and to encourage new players to enjoy the game with what we currently have.

Family before Traveler, Traveler before everyone else.

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

I understand the new company, and I think they will do it well, or I get that feeling! Maybe it's time to start believing, maybe it's time to not go desperate and leave the professionals to do their job.

Maybe in 3 months or less, with the new address of the code of conduct and with the solution of the problem of duplicates is enough to make this game what has always been, the best and the most unique morpg.

I have always seen the reset as the last option, but with gamerfirst it seemed the only option to recover the game! I really like that the new company is so involved with your community.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users