• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

I wanted to give an idea to try to lift the game. How would it seem to the community that there would be a reset ?, I say this because I see very difficult to have updates or new maps or weapons given the current low population. In itself the reset would solve the current problem of duplicate objects if repaired, if I do not see other viable options such as using weapons and armor made by the player (I mean the highest) so you could see where the objects come from in question, or the objects to make these that can not be traded (I refer for example to the objects that require dt). Likewise I think it would work a version before the gores or even the version of gores, if they would match the damage and characteristics of these with the equipment of death toll and factions. I believe that the point where the game engages in a principle is to manufacture and have recipes, and after that to do pvp with factions and clans, could be a starting point that started from scratch and that most of the population was in the first maps, trading and advancing in these and that the new players who enter will be added in an active way to the community. I know there will be a lot that you do not like this idea given the amount of money and time you have spent these years (I include myself in these people) but if you could give the first premium months for all players or give something special to those players who had to start from scratch again. Likewise, I do not think that this idea of ​​reset works if you do not put a version like the previous one of the gores or if the gores improve and equated to when the equipment of dt was equal to the factions and the normal game, As if the duplicate objects were not solved, they would not advance either, given that the auction gives a lot of life to the game. All this is my opinion, what do you think about this suggestion? a greeting!!

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • 4170 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

text formatting

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Mousey

Mousey

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 12-May 16

Are you for real?

How about  HELL NO!!!

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

current state:

- the number of players is very low

- there are no prospects for future updates

- there are duplicate objects everywhere and this causes the economy to have no interest

- the few players who play eventually and have some experience are in areas of high level so the players that enter are not integrated,

- ............................... the lack of interest on the part of the vast majority of veterans is very evident given that they do not connect, and the lack of interest on the part of the new players also since they hardly pass the first map ...... there is a serious problem and it is not that the game is old or that there is a server that gives a lag that crosses the computer screen and abduces you ... it is simply "the interest"

* what to say ... really it takes an effort on the part of all the remaining community, it is clear that those who say "no to this idea" is because they are very comfortable and do not think about the possibilities that this option could give. A reset with some parameters given, like a different version that we know has worked, as the version of mid-2012 could put the game back on the market.

*They are drastic measures, I know, and in my case I would lose everything I acquired since 2011, but maybe the effort is worth it and as in any game in development that is launched, the population increases exponentially the first days, the thing would be to maintain a high percentage of that population that will be integrated into the game. That's right, g1 could compensate the current players with some exclusive object or giving a few free premium months.

* All this is an idea that I expose to help the game does not fall into oblivion.

Ps: do not forget that a reset can sometimes be considered as an update, if the game is changed and improved to a very considerable extent

think on it,  reset can mean "  A RACE TO FINISH", ( who get level, best items...), and this always get a lot of players back into game

Edited by Aroa Croft, 25 December 2017 - 02:28 PM.

Mousey

Mousey

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 12-May 16

You can shove this idea where the sun don't shine luv.

Instead have an award for "Worst Idea Ever"

HtCLV2Y.jpg

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

You can shove this idea where the sun don't shine luv.

Instead have an award for "Worst Idea Ever"

HtCLV2Y.jpg

Sorry, your troll efect doesnt work ;D

As new player as you are, i understand  about you dont know what things game need for be great as in past it was.

At least i not saw no veteran to take an opinion about my suggestion, the only ones who reply are just new players as you.... honestly i skip that opinions.

waylanders

waylanders

Novice

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

I don't think your idea would work, why you ask...people have spent real cash on the game so to reset it back to a time before that wont work.

Yes a reset is needed but also a balance of whats removed or compensated for otherwise yet more people will leave, would I give up my different weapons and armour I worked hard and fair to get...no and nor should I unless its properly done and balanced and by that I mean.......

Any item you have is replaced by the new equivalent at the same level, all excess is removed but it starts clean and fair

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

I don't think your idea would work, why you ask...people have spent real cash on the game so to reset it back to a time before that wont work.

Yes a reset is needed but also a balance of whats removed or compensated for otherwise yet more people will leave, would I give up my different weapons and armour I worked hard and fair to get...no and nor should I unless its properly done and balanced and by that I mean.......

Any item you have is replaced by the new equivalent at the same level, all excess is removed but it starts clean and fair

If you think about items losed, levels losed, money losed, time losed....... it seems is a very bad idea, i am with you.

But you must understand " actual state of game" ( no population, no updates, a lot of items " duped" so economy is 0, no motivation at all for play it due is " all done".......)

Said this a reset can solve alot of this things, because can be a " oportunity for start a race again", this is atractive for any player who want play any game.

Of course a reset being a " simple reset" would not solve anything", my idea is do a reset to a  " working version", an example of this is version midle 2012.

Really will be a lose to have gores,ap, or that new map if game start from 0 again, due long way it takes go from map to another and time spend in recipes.

Said all this, i can say i spent " alot of money in game" and i spend a lot of time in game too, a idea i have is gm give to actual players " some advance to us" like free premium some moths or " an exclusive item for giving us a special status as old players".

Reset can solve actual problem of lag, dupes and population. But game needs be worked for advance in a reset, with repair of lag ( i remember old version had 0 lag), with repair of dupes( i think gms and not devs can make a system for prevent this), and with repair of population ( we all know if this reset if " anounced" much people will come to play, i am talking about a big " population", because curiosity is something every player have)

I know can sound as crazy idea, but really is something can work. I am sure 100% can work.

Imagine you start from 0 again, you dont want to spend hours again to have  a car or have best weapons in game before others have?, that sensation is wich makes people spend time in games.

Edit: dunno if this can be posible or not, maybe i am doing a big mistake.

i can be apreciated if tiggs or some gm can say if it can be done or not. My only intention is to help game to be best game ever, because nobody cant deny this game always had and have potential to be best.

Edited by Aroa Croft, 28 December 2017 - 12:05 PM.

Mousey

Mousey

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 12-May 16

Sorry, your troll efect doesnt work ;D

As new player as you are, i understand  about you dont know what things game need for be great as in past it was.

At least i not saw no veteran to take an opinion about my suggestion, the only ones who reply are just new players as you.... honestly i skip that opinions.

As someone that isn't new, wasn't banned like you for what 1-2 or more years, I think as a vet I have a very good opinion on the game. FE is dead, you should of stayed banned and this idea is the dumbest one ever put forward to any gaming community.

You want a reset? Buy the rights to the game, reset it and enjoy your single player game :)

Edited by Mousey, 28 December 2017 - 02:15 PM.

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

As someone that isn't new, wasn't banned like you for what 1-2 or more years, I think as a vet I have a very good opinion on the game. FE is dead, you should of stayed banned and this idea is the dumbest one ever put forward to any gaming community.

You want a reset? Buy the rights to the game, reset it and enjoy your single player game :)

You can "simply say" about you dont like idea, instead try language abuse againts me without any knowledge about my roleplay ingame all years.

You have not rights for say to someone stay baned or not, and much less to say if a game is dead or not, when you are a new player.

As i said, i will skip your opinion because have no relevance or any impact in game because you have NO idea about what mean Fallen Earth.

good day ;D

Mousey

Mousey

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 12-May 16

You can "simply say" about you dont like idea, instead try language abuse againts me without any knowledge about my roleplay ingame all years.

You have not rights for say to someone stay baned or not, and much less to say if a game is dead or not, when you are a new player.

As i said, i will skip your opinion because have no relevance or any impact in game because you have NO idea about what mean Fallen Earth.

good day ;D

I've played since 2012, I think I understand the game and its population quite well. Considering that means I've played the game for more than half its life span thus far, guess that doesn't make me new.

Game is dead, population is at all time low because they moved on, never to return, for many, many reasons.

This says it all in a nut shell. Game is dead.

http://steamcharts.com/app/113420

Edited by Mousey, 29 December 2017 - 03:38 PM.

Fafhred

Fafhred

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 15-December 17

Bury this stupid idea.

The ONLY game I know of who ever did something similar (reset after years, with players having payed throughout) lost most of its players base (most existing players never came back after reset), could not get new players from then on (all interested players had already been there), and eventually closed down within 3 months of that reset.

Doing this would be the end of the game.

Edited by Fafhred, 31 December 2017 - 03:06 AM.

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

I've played since 2012, I think I understand the game and its population quite well. Considering that means I've played the game for more than half its life span thus far, guess that doesn't make me new.

Game is dead, population is at all time low because they moved on, never to return, for many, many reasons.

This says it all in a nut shell. Game is dead.

http://steamcharts.com/app/113420

lets see, you tell me about you started play game in 2014 and now you change your mind about you played in 2012?

One important thing, if you played in 2012......... you still not have " esence of game", because in that date  the game started " gores update" ..............my personal opinion about gores was not good at all, because game began to release " op weapons" ( lets say shoots with 600 damage and 1 or 2 hit for kill anyone in batle)

You say game is dead, i will not discuss that with you because is so clear " decadence game have from old years" , but when i log sometimes i see some old players in game, still interested in play game when it have no new to ofer.

Said this, i never can say a " reset" is a solution, but can be a " posibilty" for lift the game.

Maybe reset will do game completely dead or maybe reset can lift game again, nobody can "know" what can happen with this sucess.

Other solutions can be taked  as make new update, but chances people return with " new updates" is same as reset.

Always is comunity who decides play, not play, return or not return to a game. I said about reset but a simple reset will not resolve nothing.

My idea of a reset must have some steps for launch it:

- Anounce reset with a moth or 2 moths ( this can create expectation)

- Make in launch some original change ( version pre gores launch for example)

- Save actual players playing game for stay in game  ( do presents as free premium some moths or giving a special item for only actual players, as same it happened when doss atack for example, make to actual players important in game)

- Make a anouncement about rework game if it became big again, just an anouncement about game/patchs will be reworked for players, giving sensation game is not abandoned in updates anymore.

- there is some more things can be done, but game need strong veteran playerbase for first moths due dificult is to understand game.

and about steam charts............ i see low population, but i see good color since october  2017 and not red ;D

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Bury this stupid idea.

The ONLY game I know of who ever did something similar (reset after years, with players having payed throughout) lost most of its players base (most existing players never came back after reset), could not get new players from then on (all interested players had already been there), and eventually closed down within 3 months of that reset.

Doing this would be the end of the game.

what game did something similar? you say a game did but you dont say name.................................

Is for real ? i am glad to see steam charts about that game you dont name, because i want see if after relaunch it add people or not first moths.

Probably that game ( if exist) did a bad reset, reset for reset not resolve nothing, it must have some important steps ( read the other post) ;D

i can write you some other examples about reset works:

You know a game named diablo 2? it was launched in 1998 maybe? i know is totally diferent genre but diablo 2 can be bought in shops today. ( i can say is old game, lagy game, no updates game........ but it have strong population)

I can say about some other games wich were in " alpha state" ( crap state), and due to " expectation they earned a Big population first moths, but in end they are dead because direction taken is not playerbase acepted because they are totally unfinished and with a lot of bugs.

Bugs can be acepted first year, but it need be worked. Fe case is totally diferent to this alpha game because is a finished game, impact can be diferent.

Another thing is no exist a game similar to fallen earth actually. Probably the only game wich can beat fe is that from "project red" but release is very far to be done.

have a good day!

Edited by Aroa Croft, 01 January 2018 - 09:18 AM.

Fafhred

Fafhred

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 15-December 17

what game did something similar? you say a game did but you dont say name.................................

Is for real ? i am glad to see steam charts about that game you dont name, because i want see if after relaunch it add people or not first moths.

Probably that game ( if exist) did a bad reset, reset for reset not resolve nothing, it must have some important steps ( read the other post) ;D

have a good day!

This happened about 10 years ago and I cannot remember the name; do you remember the names of every game you ever played ?

Being forgotten is what happens to closed-down games.

As for your dimwitted notion that Steam is the reference for everything, have you ever heard of the math theory of groups? Steam is only a very small subset of the gamers' population; as such, their statistics are limited to players connecting through them, and does not remotely resemble the full population of any game which is not exclusively going through them.

The very fact that you seem to think otherwise tells a lot about your intellectual capabilities.

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

This happened about 10 years ago and I cannot remember the name; do you remember the names of every game you ever played ?

As for your dimwitted notion that Steam is the reference for everything, have you ever heard of the math theory of groups? Steam is only a very small subset of the gamers' population; as such, their statistics are limited to players connecting through them, and does not remotely resemble the full population of any game which is not exclusively going through them.
The very fact that you seem to think otherwise tells a lot about your intellectual capabilities.

what to say.... I would remember name of a game played if game were enought good and playable. Dunno why you expose an argumentation about a sucess happened in a game wich did reset when really you cant give any details about it.... came on,you dont remember name...... I not saying it can be false but not remembering a game name played and write as an expert about game manager.......... really that tells a lot about your intelectual capabilities. My question is.... you remember your name? : D

Mousey

Mousey

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 12-May 16

lets see, you tell me about you started play game in 2014 and now you change your mind about you played in 2012?

One important thing, if you played in 2012......... you still not have " esence of game", because in that date  the game started " gores update" ..............my personal opinion about gores was not good at all, because game began to release " op weapons" ( lets say shoots with 600 damage and 1 or 2 hit for kill anyone in batle)

You say game is dead, i will not discuss that with you because is so clear " decadence game have from old years" , but when i log sometimes i see some old players in game, still interested in play game when it have no new to ofer.

Said this, i never can say a " reset" is a solution, but can be a " posibilty" for lift the game.

Maybe reset will do game completely dead or maybe reset can lift game again, nobody can "know" what can happen with this sucess.

Other solutions can be taked  as make new update, but chances people return with " new updates" is same as reset.

Always is comunity who decides play, not play, return or not return to a game. I said about reset but a simple reset will not resolve nothing.

My idea of a reset must have some steps for launch it:

- Anounce reset with a moth or 2 moths ( this can create expectation)

- Make in launch some original change ( version pre gores launch for example)

- Save actual players playing game for stay in game  ( do presents as free premium some moths or giving a special item for only actual players, as same it happened when doss atack for example, make to actual players important in game)

- Make a anouncement about rework game if it became big again, just an anouncement about game/patchs will be reworked for players, giving sensation game is not abandoned in updates anymore.

- there is some more things can be done, but game need strong veteran playerbase for first moths due dificult is to understand game.

and about steam charts............ i see low population, but i see good color since october  2017 and not red ;D

ROFL you get stranger with every post. I never stated I started in 2014. Not sure where you pulled that from. I was here long enough to watch people leave in droves from the combat update and the release of Epsilon.  I've discussed at great length the troubles FE has and why people left with many, many veteran plays. Some that have been around since the beginning.

My views are not unfounded or based on airy fairy ideals. In 2012 there where over a thousand players online at any given time. AS the years went on the number has declined to an all time low. Less than 100 at any given time. Around 60 is average players online.

Most people wont be back for lack of faith in G1 or they moved on to more exciting, newer games. They wont be back because FE has nothing to offer them any more. There are far better games for PVP so you cannot even try to draw people in with that.

No rework of such an old game bar making a completely new one, with different engine would entice people to play.

Its time to Let it Go!

https://www.youtube....h?v=oAh7iszI2JY

As for Steam Charts, it is in FE's case a good representation of player base as you can can add the extra 1-15(average amount) non steam players. You can count above those listed as online in steam from the in game Who list. It is all easily verifiable for those that bother to check.

That said, an increase of 1-2 players for a month does not mean a game is healthy by any means. So Aroa's happiness in such figures points to a lack of understanding that it is that time of year when people are either staying inside more due to the cold or on holidays looking for something to try. Come Feb/March these people will start going back to their usual routines and FE won't be part of it.

Edited by Mousey, 03 January 2018 - 07:10 AM.

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

https://www.youtube....h?v=oAh7iszI2JY

As for Steam Charts, it is in FE's case a good representation of player base as you can can add the extra 1-15(average amount) non steam players. You can count above those listed as online in steam from the in game Who list. It is all easily verifiable for those that bother to check.

I bothered to check it. In fact, for the past years, I popped in for 5 minutes just to check every weekend or so just to see how many people are online.  The highest I ever saw was 102. On a weekend

But in general it is always <100.   An FreeToPlay MMO with less than one hundred players on weekends.  Let that sink in.  There are more obscure budget games out there that have a much larger player base than this. At this moment as I am typing,  I just checked: 81 players online now.  37 are low level new players all in Plateau . 44 are all lvl 40-55 hanging out in the same grind spots or capitol cities near vaults.

The number is so low I can filter the "Who" list in just two groups.  lvl1-30 and lvl31-55.   I can count them all by hand every time.  Back when the game was booming with 1000+ active players, you had to filter that list for each 5 levels otherwise it would max out telling you to select a smaller ranges.

I have multiple toons in different PVE clans.  When I joined them, they were all 100+ members strong. As time went by and the game got more neglected and anti-pve and all promises from G1 staff turned out to be lies, people started leaving. The killing blows were the Dome and the unfinished rushed Outpost. In those months, the clans just dried up. People left trying to find other living clans or just stopped logging in. I'm the only reason they still exist due to me logging in once each 2 weeks.

lDa4aUC.jpg

When this many people leave your game permanently in the same period, you have a problem.

A standard MMO needs its pve players base to thrive, don't believe what any idiot says that "pvp is end game in all games hur dur durrr".  In any standard MMO, questing is its backbone.  If the questing sucks, your MMO therefore has no backbone thus is a crippled game, and behold!  Questing and exploration on this massive map was killed off in favor of stationary token grinding. The core FE players do not enjoy that at all, we were here to quest and explore this massive map and recipe-craft stuff we find on this massive map, not to watch paint dry around Defense Towns.

Everything I have written here is fact. Backed up by numbers.  Not an opinion. This game is dead.

Anybody who says this game is still alive is a new player in Plateau who doesn't know better (yet).
A longtime player who says this game still has hope is so dangerously delusional that their naivete should be diagnosed as a health hazard.

Eric Cloud

Eric Cloud

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 13-October 15

Reset = pulling the plug on the life support state this game is in.

Dracio

Dracio

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 20-July 14

A standard MMO needs its pve players base to thrive, don't believe what any idiot says that "pvp is end game in all games hur dur durrr".  In any standard MMO, questing is its backbone.  If the questing sucks, your MMO therefore has no backbone thus is a crippled game, and behold!  Questing and exploration on this massive map was killed off in favor of stationary token grinding. The core FE players do not enjoy that at all, we were here to quest and explore this massive map and recipe-craft stuff we find on this massive map, not to watch paint dry around Defense Towns.

Everything I have written here is fact. Backed up by numbers.  Not an opinion. This game is dead.

Anybody who says this game is still alive is a new player in Plateau who doesn't know better (yet).
A longtime player who says this game still has hope is so dangerously delusional that their naivete should be diagnosed as a health hazard.

I've never wanted to hug someone so much before.

Been saying this for quite some time but the delusional call it 'negativity' instead of truth.

StubbyClaps

StubbyClaps

Conscript

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

thats not how mmos work. you dont just reset the world and everything is fixed. Resetting the world would literally change nothing. Back to the drawing board for you i think

Heavehoe

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Of course I can say about a reset cant be a good idea, I am the first person no want it because loses of every item I got from 2011.
I understand about doing reset into mmo is not correct, except mmo in beta or alpha state wich they do reset after launch game.

I just suggested reset because game direction taken is not good, I think mystman explained so good about what happened and actual population state in game. We have dupe problem wich killed actual economy...

if you think selling items in ah for 50 yellow is normal economy when players cant adquire that money in game crafting.....yes, this show something is wrong.

Reset can delete all dupes in game for restore economy again, but this need something for prevent is done again.

There is more things broken in game as no updates in long time, and we know actual system for pvp dont work.

Reset can solve all this issues if all this is done with some changes, as for example, put a version wich we all know worked  being adictive to playerbase and rework in unfinished updates as last map or ap weapons/ dome patch and make it for pve population oriented.

The game have much posibilities if its reworked and no less important get opinion from their playerbase for make game a eden again.

The first step is think more in global, in game and not in yourself, question I do is: you will replay game from 0 if reset is coming If this action can help? You will replay from 0 and will try to be first in get all recipes and be first in craft a car? Maybe spending money again in game can help to gms/devs to take serius atention on it. However I think if this action is done, a big present to actual players must be done as example free premium first moths or special unique item.

I know is desesperate idea, but I have no other better idea for make game adictive again without remaking entire game or making fallen earth 2.

We can do nothing and enjoy actual state and play it because we are lucky is still living with actual population numbers. Is just my opinion, greetings!

Edited by Aroa Croft, 05 January 2018 - 02:43 AM.

Dracio

Dracio

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 20-July 14

Would I play if everything was reset to 0?

Absolutely NOT. NO WAY. NOT HAPPENING.

In online games where this has happened and my character and progression all got reset, I uninstalled the game never to return.

Kinda feel that is what the majority would do as we have years of progression made, Items accumulated and characters just the way we like them. Some of the items we have you can't get anymore. Most don't want to level other toons as we have done it to death.

This idea is a game killer.

The game is old, poorly looked after. It isn't going to get much better population wise as there are much flashier and rewarding games out there now that offer players more than FE does. While we can all dream of a FE2 run with a better engine, this too seems only a pipe dream. Better to face reality and just play while it lasts.

chaosleader

chaosleader

Grunt

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 19-June 17
That moment when you played this game for almost a year and have no idea what to say here due to laziness to read everything here

ChaosLeader - Criminal      ICriEvryTme - Enforcer      Server - Jericho

Admit it. You hate fighting rerolls unless they're on your team.

Aroa Croft

Aroa Croft

Respected

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Would I play if everything was reset to 0?

Absolutely NOT. NO WAY. NOT HAPPENING.

In online games where this has happened and my character and progression all got reset, I uninstalled the game never to return.

Kinda feel that is what the majority would do as we have years of progression made, Items accumulated and characters just the way we like them. Some of the items we have you can't get anymore. Most don't want to level other toons as we have done it to death.

This idea is a game killer.

The game is old, poorly looked after. It isn't going to get much better population wise as there are much flashier and rewarding games out there now that offer players more than FE does. While we can all dream of a FE2 run with a better engine, this too seems only a pipe dream. Better to face reality and just play while it lasts.

your answer about question is understable, is something anyone would say when spent so many hours in game.

We all know FE2 will not happen and we all know game will not recieve a big update.

When game ends, then take my advice exposed as a way to save game and dont blame game because it ended without try anything to save it.

Enjoy time game is online, i wish game have so many years it can be posible because actually and in future is no other game with same stats as this game offer.

Games is a job, and someday job will not be interesting for continue doing. Said this if fallen earth ip is launched by someone is not gamersfirst or other  game company then game  will be a losed game by players who will cheat at their wish.

i think i writed enought, not my intention to convice anyone about reset, it was just a suggestion to save game. have a good day  ;D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users