6 replies to this topic

MurkTheMerc

MurkTheMerc

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4523 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

There are some weapons like the Mountie and COBR-A that aren't very clear on who their manufacturers are or if they're even implemented. Do we assume they're simply made by Joker?

I'm just curious cause I love lore based topics. To that, still hope they release a set of flat white manufacturer logos as symbols some day, I don't mind making them myself like I already do, but it's nice to throw a Nekrova brand label on my clothing cause I sport a N-SSW often and favor the Russian based weapons where they're available. I just wish having said brand logos were easier for others for access, even that, having a skin for any particular gun that's a brand based paint job.

CRIMINAL-MurkTheMerc      Jericho-NA       ARMAS Holiday Handouts(GiveAway!)

I'm back in April!   Best way to explain Reloaded "not doing anything"

76561198007436876.png

BXNNXD

BXNNXD

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2253 posts
  • Joined 03-December 11

There are some weapons like the Mountie and COBR-A that aren't very clear on who their manufacturers are or if they're even implemented. Do we assume they're simply made by Joker?

I'm just curious cause I love lore based topics. To that, still hope they release a set of flat white manufacturer logos as symbols some day, I don't mind making them myself like I already do, but it's nice to throw a Nekrova brand label on my clothing cause I sport a N-SSW often and favor the Russian based weapons where they're available. I just wish having said brand logos were easier for others for access, even that, having a skin for any particular gun that's a brand based paint job.

i assumed the cobra was from colby, but i guess its an acronym that doesnt contain the manufacturer name

seems to me like it would fit into the somatic family pretty well

dunno about the mountie, unless the manufacturer is "mountie" and g1 just decided to come up with absolutely ridiculous brand names instead of using the already established and well thought out existing brands - again

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    

Roxl

Roxl

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Joined 16-September 12

Joker Gunworks usually adds their name to the guns they make, so I'd probably guess they're not the ones behind some of the unbranded guns.
Then again, gun names do have a tendency to be rather inconsistently named...

And brand related gun skins sound like an interesting idea

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7331 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

The COBR-A is made by Obeya. If you can't find something in the name, in the ARMAS or in-game description, my next suggestion is to look up the original promo images:

hqdefault.jpg

If that fails you basically just have to guess or assume it was made by a company not mentioned in the game. Sometimes some other tidbit will help, but usually if those methods fail you won't find anything.

In the particular case of the Mountie I would personally assume it's made by Canadians, possibly for their military, so I wouldn't assume any current manufacturers.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15294 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

APBs weapon names have been senseless since they added the "Pathfinder" and continued with strange names that didn't fit the lore.

Karyon

Karyon

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 13-August 14

I would assume that the Mountie series would be by Joker, since those guns and the RFP-9 are both roughly based from the Beretta 92.

However, since the beginning we have had the Colby PMG which is a regular Uzi and the Nekrova NFA 9 which is a micro Uzi, so assuming that an in-game manufacturer makes the all the variants of one gun doesn't hold up as well.

Doufous

Doufous

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 23-December 15
Green weapon best weapon

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users