Photo

Dethreating IS agaisnt the rules ((yes its basically a rant but still with some points))

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Joined 05-April 13

Regretfully his attitude is entirely believable.

Clearly I'm not the only one that thinks this, or this thread most likely wouldn't exist.

might as well just start cheating at the rate he’s rationalizing things

What does this even mean?  I'm a fast or slow thinker.  Millennials getting their phrases all confused....

Has nothing to do with attitude or rationalizing anything.  Because like it or not.  It's what is happening with or without me in the equation.

Edited by SuperFuzz, 11 December 2017 - 08:08 PM.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7331 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

People don't need to be rewarded for playing in their 'own' districts, but they do need a punishment for going over to stomp newbies.

Agreed.

Including the fact that you should get no rewards for playing in a district two threats below you. Zilch. Nada. In fact I wouldn't be against putting in a tax or just straight up kicking if you aren't in a group.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

TheDogCatcher

TheDogCatcher

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 22-June 14

Well at least none of you are saying my idea wouldn't work, so that's a good start.

If for no other reasons this is a bad idea because I don't like the idea of rewarding people for being Gold: being bad at a game is fine and incentivizing being good just makes it less fun for sub-par players IMO.

I don't buy that arguement at all, I'm a sub par player and not afraid to admit it, and do you know what makes the game less fun for me ?

Being matched against a premade gold group in the bronze district.

Anyway there's nothing wrong with rewarding people for being good at something as it encorages everyone to try and improve.

TBH I hate having to play in bronze in the first place I'd much rather be matched against fellow silvers in the silver district but that's not even an option at this stage in the game's life.

People don't need to be rewarded for playing in their 'own' districts, but they do need a punishment for going over to stomp newbies.

Well punishment doesn't seem to work in this game, just look at all the cheaters who get FF'd and reroll 5 minutes later.

Also lower rewards isn't really much of a disincentive, once a player hits max rank exp means nothing and if you've been playing a while less money is equally meaningless. I don't even care about mission rewards anymore as I have everything I wanted to buy in the game and am max rank.

There have been tons of psychological studies done on the effects of positive reinforcement and it works a hell of a lot better than punishing people.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7331 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

There have been tons of psychological studies done on the effects of positive reinforcement and it works a hell of a lot better than punishing people.

Except that it won't work here anyways for two reasons:

A. the Golds who stomp players in Bronze are primarily actually mid silvers.

B. they really don't care about anything except getting easy opp, let's be honest.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

TheDogCatcher

TheDogCatcher

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 22-June 14

Except that it won't work here anyways for two reasons:

A. the Golds who stomp players in Bronze are primarily actually mid silvers.

B. they really don't care about anything except getting easy opp, let's be honest.

Well maybe if all the genuine golds were to go to the gold district those mid silvers would actually go and play in the silver district.

As I understand it people who dethreat mainly do it because they can't get a fair match in the silver district.

I don't honestly see how anyone can get a kick out of stomping newbs, it's no real fun because there's no challenge, the best games are between 2 equally matched teams.

SirTankBallsssss

SirTankBallsssss

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 10-December 17

eastghost

eastghost

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 02-December 14

Clearly I'm not the only one that thinks this, or this thread most likely wouldn't exist.

What does this even mean? I'm a fast or slow thinker. Millennials getting their phrases all confused....

Has nothing to do with attitude or rationalizing anything. Because like it or not. It's what is happening with or without me in the equation.

regardless of your direct participation, you immediately attempted to justify quasi-“illegal” behavior - how is that not rationalizing?

it’s also pretty weird to bring up my age, kid

Edited by eastghost, 12 December 2017 - 08:15 AM.

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
                                                                         _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
                                                                          _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
                                                                           _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  

NotMyZombieBiscuit

NotMyZombieBiscuit

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 21-November 17

I honestly don't care anymore. I give up. I give up on all of you. For a while I didn't care much but I sort of cared a little, though by now I just don't care at all anymore.

Edited by CarbonSteelWok, 12 December 2017 - 08:18 AM.

pzWF63K.png

(Click for cookies)

eastghost

eastghost

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 02-December 14

I honestly don't care anymore. I give up. I give up on all of you. For a while I didn't care much but I sort of cared a little, though by now I just don't care at all anymore.

thank you for the announcement

we will remember you for the anonymous stranger that you were, not the anonymous stranger you’ve become

Clumsyhunt3R

Clumsyhunt3R

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 11-August 17

Stay in silver and improve instead of going to bronze the second you get silver again.
You dont learn anything new in bronze districts anymore.
Youll get ****d in silver for 100+ hours but in the end youll be a more skilled player

Wise words, i shall heed your advice, and play in silver servers more often (i am a true silver, never been gold but don't get bronse often), as mutch as the golds on my team will hate me, i'll continue my 'golds go to your own server' protest, as usual (mail 'SirSpazious' if you want to help me out).

But APB's threat system should be taken out, and RAF should be re-implemented (but under different rules, of course), but then again, how would APB's MM determine who to go against who/what, hmmm... ( https://forums.gamer...w/?fromsearch=1 ).

Edited by Clumsyhunt3R, 12 December 2017 - 09:10 AM.

"Sometimes all you need is to talk to someone with a few bolts loose to tighten your own"
-SirSpazious (R125, Silver, Enforcer, Citadel).
-Clumsyhunter (R120, Silver, Criminal, Citadel).

Vnight

Vnight

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11

"Clearly I'm not the only one that thinks this, or this thread most likely wouldn't exist."

What does this even mean?  I'm a fast or slow thinker.  Millennials getting their phrases all confused....

Has nothing to do with attitude or rationalizing anything.  Because like it or not.  It's what is happening with or without me in the equation.

Couldn't agree more about this, so much garbage whining  about it... yet they are more garbage than the issue itself. Get real u primates, this is a extremely comp[romised game since before its release, and the only way to actually enjoy this game fair, is through bronze district, cuz once u go gold, u can't join anymore, unlike u tend to join silver districts every day, doing the same gosh darnning thing,with those lovely hacking programs that many of us are aware of, and perhaps chose not to use them... TEMPORARLY lmao!! So for gosh darn sake, give it a break dumbasses.

Edited by Vnight, 12 December 2017 - 09:59 AM.

SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Joined 05-April 13

regardless of your direct participation, you immediately attempted to justify quasi-“illegal” behavior - how is that not rationalizing?

it’s also pretty weird to bring up my age, kid

There is no "immediately" in this old reoccurring problem.  It's nothing new and has been going on since before G1 tried to fix it.  Back then it was common knowledge to join the least populated districts to help negate being opposed to hackers.  Which meant sometimes joining bronze dist. and take a hit from reduced rewards to be able to enjoy the game more.

Terms of Services is not Law (sadly).  Its a contract between the two parties.  Which has proven to be not legally binding in the court of law on more then one occasion.

But please carry on with your Christmas Story insults.

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Couldn't agree more about this, so much garbage whining  about it... yet they are more garbage than the issue itself. Get real u primates, this is a extremely comp[romised game since before its release, and the only way to actually enjoy this game fair, is through bronze district, cuz once u go gold, u can't join anymore, unlike u tend to join silver districts every day, doing the same gosh darnning thing,with those lovely hacking programs that many of us are aware of, and perhaps chose not to use them... TEMPORARLY lmao!! So for gosh darn sake, give it a break dumbasses.

Nice blog.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

Subroza

Subroza

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Joined 28-January 11

The way things worked prior to Q2 2013 were: 

- No mission scoring system (introducing this was the biggest cause of dethreating)
- Penalties for joining districts lower than your own threat (25-50% less money/standing). Golds could still join bronze but they were punished for doing so.

The good old days.

They still have the penalties...

B69CMir.jpg

eastghost

eastghost

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 02-December 14

There is no "immediately" in this old reoccurring problem.  It's nothing new and has been going on since before G1 tried to fix it.  Back then it was common knowledge to join the least populated districts to help negate being opposed to hackers.  Which meant sometimes joining bronze dist. and take a hit from reduced rewards to be able to enjoy the game more.

Terms of Services is not Law (sadly).  Its a contract between the two parties.  Which has proven to be not legally binding in the court of law on more then one occasion.

But please carry on with your Christmas Story insults.

saying "this is nothing new" is just further rationalizing

no one mentioned law (i assume you mean criminal law)

bronze districts are more populated these days, and have been for quite some time iirc

Kiida

Kiida

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3453 posts
  • Joined 23-April 13

saying "this is nothing new" is just further rationalizing

bronze districts are more populated these days, and have been for quite some time iirc

And a fifth of players on silver districts only go there to dethreat.

Peak population on Citadel - 3 full silver districts, 4-5 bronze. 

SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Joined 05-April 13

quasi-“illegal” behavior

That just happened.  (On the same day!)  :Ha Ha Ha:

Edited by SuperFuzz, 12 December 2017 - 02:55 PM.

Garbo

Garbo

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Joined 30-January 17

snip

you are one of the bad guys now
i hope you are proud of yourself
have fun killing the game, muscet

SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Joined 05-April 13

How does me pointing out what is happening wither you choose to acknowledge it or not make me a bad guy?

Reminiscent of SJW syndrome & attacking anything you object or outside the comfort bubble.

Edited by SuperFuzz, 12 December 2017 - 03:27 PM.

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

heh... gottem

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

eastghost

eastghost

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 02-December 14

That just happened.  (On the same day!)  :Ha Ha Ha:

illegal doesnt always mean criminally

hell i even put the quotes on there to emphasize that

kids these days smh

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

The way things worked prior to Q2 2013 were: 

- No mission scoring system (introducing this was the biggest cause of dethreating)
- Penalties for joining districts lower than your own threat (25-50% less money/standing). Golds could still join bronze but they were punished for doing so.

The good old days.

Lets not forget that back then threat was actually something. Gold was hard to get and u actually had to put effort in, now its just "oh hey u went negative by afew kills but that means nothing cuz u won, here have gold status cuz theres no effort needed to get it" Back then I bounced between bronze and silver with my then skill lvl. That same skill lvl now id always be gold.

Edited by Darkzero3802, 13 December 2017 - 12:05 AM.

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Joined 05-April 13

illegal doesnt always mean criminally

hell i even put the quotes on there to emphasize that

kids these days smh

Illegal - Contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.

Source, https://en.oxforddic...inition/illegal

If you want to emphasize something use boldface or italics.  *Asterisks* and underlines are also sometime used.  Quotes are for quoting.  Also maybe a few uses of shift key will help "emphasize" the sentence clearer.

Stay in school Santa.  I don't need a BB gun this year.  Because I'm sure I am on your naughty list, and you might have homework.  :Ha Ha Ha:

Edited by SuperFuzz, 13 December 2017 - 01:29 AM.

iReilok

iReilok

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 16-January 17

The main reason of dethreating is because at morning there are no people in Silver District. There are only from 10-10 to 20-20 people in bronze district. 

So, some gold players have to dethreat before sleep if they want to play at morning.

Also in Silver district you can find easily hackers. (real low rank hacker, not experienced people) And people don't like that, so they dethreat to go in bronze.

And finally some player are too good for bronze and not enough good for silver district (As we dont have any real Silver district, because every gold go in silver, and gold district is empty). What they choose ? Dethreat and stay on bronze. 

So, most of time, dethreating is not really because they WANT to abuze on bronze players, but just because sometimes it's the best choice to do .

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

The main reason of dethreating is because at morning there are no people in Silver District. 

I dunno homie. I play every morning in silver districts. Like right now.

Sure its not hugely populated, but I get opp, and as a bonus I'm not being a scumbag stomping noobs in bronze.

Edited by CookiePuss, 13 December 2017 - 05:50 AM.

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3429 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

... I'm not being a scumbag stomping noobs in bronze.

It's not like it's forbidden by law, so why aren't you?

tumblr_nr54o7zH401tb8iyko1_500.gif

69tZxRU.jpg 

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

It's not like it's forbidden by law, so why aren't you?

tumblr_nr54o7zH401tb8iyko1_500.gif

An error occurred
You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

I dunno homie. I play every morning in silver districts. Like right now.
Sure its not hugely populated, but I get opp, and as a bonus I'm not being a scumbag stomping noobs in bronze.

a dist with under 15 ppl total is so populated

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users