Photo

Dethreating IS agaisnt the rules ((yes its basically a rant but still with some points))

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

VaultTecHunter

VaultTecHunter

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 27-January 15
I have found out that dethreating is a form of griefing. 90% of dethreaters are dethreating to farm bronzies ((whether they admit it or not)) and when they do so they grief newer or weaker players. Apbs code of conduct states:

Harassment or griefing consists of flagrant misuse and abuse of game mechanics with the intention of distressing and offending other players. So what's a game mechanic? Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to ram cars is a mechanic. The ability to place objects in front of objectives is a mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent". What was the person trying to achieve through their actions? Were they purposefully trying to disrupt someone else's game? While an action may cause others distress, it is not considered harassment until it is determined by APB: RELOADED™ that it was done to intentionally cause distress or to offend other players.

After reading this you can find that dethreating is exploiting a game mechanic to fight newer or weaker players with the knowledge that doing so WILL distress the newer or weker players. The victims of the dethreating are being cheated out of a decent gaming experience. They fail to be immersed in their game due to it but thanks to the dethreating players.

You can argue that it is not directly agaisnt the rules and yes that is true, but after reading this segment you can clearly see that they are bullying other players and robbing the newer and weaker players from a fair and immersive gaming experience.

It does get worse ((and yes i have a few names of guilty players)) most will brag about beating the new players with overpowered weapons and/or experience. They will either claim to be a "god" or a "boss" of the district but you can see that is bullying and harrassing to the newer gamers that just want a few games to relax. Not to mention the "GG IZI" or "GG EZ" to the point where all you can think about as a response is "no mommy you are a full group of golds playing against bronze, green and silver".

I have removed names. I went back to reread and under the harassment the reasons of banning comes down to "intent" and my intent isn't harmful but to get and point out bullying. But it has been stated in general guidelines you are not allowed and I thank the users in the replies for pointing it out for me.

Edited by VaultTecHunter, 06 December 2017 - 06:30 AM.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7337 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

You're not supposed to shame people by name on the forums like this, furthermore we can't do anything about it dethreaters on the forums, so please contact support instead.

Cute avatar though.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

NotMyZombieBiscuit

NotMyZombieBiscuit

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 21-November 17

In other news, rain makes you wet.

You're late to the party my dood.

Edited by CarbonSteelWok, 05 December 2017 - 11:51 PM.

pzWF63K.png

(Click for cookies)

BXNNXD

BXNNXD

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2253 posts
  • Joined 03-December 11

i'll take a big mac and a medium sprite

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  

Ysaline

Ysaline

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2019 posts
  • Joined 08-March 14

I have found out that dethreating is a form of griefing. 90% of dethreaters are dethreating to farm bronzies ((whether they admit it or not)) and when they do so they grief newer or weaker players. 

It has been said many times before, silver districts are infected with cheaters, and that will never change. Thats why majority of the player base occupy the bronze district. 

That being said, i would like to see, if they start banning all those golds running around in bronze district, what would be the  /pop number

Edited by Ysaline, 06 December 2017 - 12:03 AM.

xuo_RFl_W22245555.png 

"You have been playing for an extended period of time. Please consider taking a break." 

Muscle

Muscle

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
  • Joined 27-March 12
In other news, it's snowing where I am.

MurkTheMerc

MurkTheMerc

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4524 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

Remove the names of people on your post, that's name shaming and THAT is not allowed.

Just make servers Open Threat and leave Threat to be like ranking in other games with set matches or such dictating people are competing to raise their Threat. The threat algorithm is horrible, I could make a new account and win 5 matches and already be Gold just because I was the top player in the match, with that, most dethreaters are gosh darning horrible at it because they don't know how simple the system is.

People on the internet are gonna be assholes if they want to, so sorry if you keep encountering that and thinking, "Wow, why can't people just be nice for once or all the time?"

This just pulls me back into wishing APB by each server is open world and you select what kind of matches you want to play by a Opt In Filter instead of being in an instance where you're set to play by that servers ruleset. You can only complain of not getting a match up if your not utilizing said system including the said system shows how many people in that server are opting for that choice so you don't fell ignorant like we do now where we press K and wait for either a few seconds or a full 10 minutes.

CRIMINAL-MurkTheMerc      Jericho-NA       ARMAS Holiday Handouts(GiveAway!)

I'm back in April!   Best way to explain Reloaded "not doing anything"

76561198007436876.png

RebelPanda

RebelPanda

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Joined 20-November 10

Ranting doesn't get received to well here, let alone name and shaming (which IS against the rules). I definitely get your frustration; however, people are going to continue to dethreat and there isn't much that individual players can do about it.

Edited by RebelPanda, 06 December 2017 - 01:03 AM.

Rebel Panda | Jericho NA | Twitch | Steam | Firework Launcher + HVR | Drunk APB | HB3 DMR

Vipertechs

Vipertechs

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2524 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12

You're not supposed to shame people by name on the forums like this, furthermore we can't do anything about it dethreaters on the forums, so please contact support instead.

Cute avatar though.

He isn’t shaming them though - people who do that to newbies have no shame in the first place!

Edited by Vipertechs, 06 December 2017 - 01:09 AM.

Ohshii

Ohshii

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Joined 23-November 11

maxresdefault.jpg

Common Sense / Virginia Ntec / Columbine Carbine - Steam :3

APB Reloaded: Common Sense sold separately.

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1837 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13
others than this being name+shame, if you want to report anything/anyone, you need evidence.

Edited by ❤BR)))❤, 06 December 2017 - 01:50 AM.

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

Kiida

Kiida

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3454 posts
  • Joined 23-April 13

Half of the missions I've played in the last week I've had a dethreater on my team. Getting pretty tired of it now.

Loudness

Loudness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

Half of the missions I've played in the last week I've had a dethreater on my team. Getting pretty tired of it now.

Play premade. will solve these issues mostly

and to OP, ive heard sometime in the past that dethreating actually got people temporarily banned. Not sure how much of that is true tho

AXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXXAXAXAXAXA

Itha

Itha

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 08-August 16

Take in video ur game when u have problems... STOP COME CRY HERE ! Weaks guys ! 
And, its not to defend the Detrheaters, but what do silver in bronz district ?  Its the same guy... If all Silver stop looking for easy match up and all go in silver district, not enough place for gold... U are just weak to come here and do some complains and shame people, do u need attention ? Do u need to know other player is agree with u ? Just git gud and play for u ! Dont do the white knight defenders noobies, the only thing u are searching is easy match up

Edited by Itha, 06 December 2017 - 02:49 AM.

Kiida

Kiida

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3454 posts
  • Joined 23-April 13

Play premade. will solve these issues mostly

and to OP, ive heard sometime in the past that dethreating actually got people temporarily banned. Not sure how much of that is true tho

None of my friends really play anymore so that's out of the question. 

Take in video ur game when u have problems... STOP COME CRY HERE ! Weaks guys ! 
And, its not to defend the Detrheaters, but what do silver in bronz district ?  Its the same guy... If all Silver stop looking for easy match up and all go in silver district, not enough place for gold... U are just weak to come here and do some complains and shame people, do u need attention ? Do u need to know other player is agree with u ? Just git gud and play for u ! Dont do the white knight defenders noobies, the only thing u are searching is easy match up

ok adolfia

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2193 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13

Bronze district is where all cool kids hang out, regardless of their threat.

XaMA1nH.jpg

~Living in a world of smart phones and stupid people~

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

against the rules or not, its clear G1 cant or wont do anything about it

/shrug

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

VaultTecHunter

VaultTecHunter

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 27-January 15

Cute avatar though.

VaultTecHunter

VaultTecHunter

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 27-January 15
I did not know that. Was really more just upset that players like this are every mission every day. It gets really annoying. And I'm not really trying to shame them. I'm trying to spread the word on cancerous players who do not care who they hurt or why. It's players like this that kills games to begin with cause new players give up then tell their friends the game sucks cause of it. ((Yes I know there are other reasons but it is a very big factor)). I mean the forst player uses a Medusa ((or Ogre when he dies by lucky new players)) and Yukon on green and bronze players then when you ask him.about it all he replys with is cry. Sorry but that is bullying and i have reported him Several times and yet he is still in bronze every day. But thank you for telling me.

Edited by VaultTecHunter, 06 December 2017 - 06:17 AM.

BrazzersGirl

BrazzersGirl

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 31-May 12

seems like you are new to apb...

Posted Image
Judgement Day 21.07.2014. #FairFight #Bannwave #TrustinG1isRenewed

Spoiler

I Gonjo Crime R255 Gold Patriot EU2
I JennaJordan R 82 Gold Patriot EU2

Gro

Gro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1127 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Fvсk the police

Ysaline

Ysaline

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2019 posts
  • Joined 08-March 14

I'm trying to spread the word on cancerous players who do not care who they hurt or why.

It's players like this that kills games

Pain and anxiety would help you grow, as they say - what doesent kill you,  ......

This game is already dead and you lie to your self if you think, it could be resurrected by having X or Y

Two options, leave and play something else, something better OR hold fast and see it through the end.

xuo_RFl_W22245555.png 

"You have been playing for an extended period of time. Please consider taking a break." 

VaultTecHunter

VaultTecHunter

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 27-January 15

Remove the names of people on your post, that's name shaming and THAT is not allowed.

Just make servers Open Threat and leave Threat to be like ranking in other games with set matches or such dictating people are competing to raise their Threat. The threat algorithm is horrible, I could make a new account and win 5 matches and already be Gold just because I was the top player in the match, with that, most dethreaters are gosh darning horrible at it because they don't know how simple the system is.

People on the internet are gonna be assholes if they want to, so sorry if you keep encountering that and thinking, "Wow, why can't people just be nice for once or all the time?"

This just pulls me back into wishing APB by each server is open world and you select what kind of matches you want to play by a Opt In Filter instead of being in an instance where you're set to play by that servers ruleset. You can only complain of not getting a match up if your not utilizing said system including the said system shows how many people in that server are opting for that choice so you don't fell ignorant like we do now where we press K and wait for either a few seconds or a full 10 minutes.

That is how it is on ps4. No threat system. Would be a really good idea but those that don't have a good pc wouldn't stand a chance.

Sayori

Sayori

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Joined 12-September 17

I have found out that dethreating is a form of griefing. 90% of dethreaters are dethreating to farm bronzies ((whether they admit it or not)) and when they do so they grief newer or weaker players

Hmmm.. no. Bronze district is about 80% silvers/gold. And if you need to lose 2-3 missions to get down to silver - well, obviously you are not gold?

Instead of crying a river on the forums, maybe think about the reasons people dethreat? I don't know about NA, but on EU, silver districts are nearly unplayable, especially on weekends. Cheaters everywhere, consider yourself lucky if you don't get one. And to make it even worse, we have bunch of blatant clans running around. Sh.t has never been this bad.

People are tired, the only somewhat safe place is bronze. I say somewhat, you can damn bet there are cheaters once in a while. 

And I'm tired of certain people getting unbanned because they have "connections".

I'm curious what's TechMech opinion about his staff doings cos I doubt he would approve it.

Edited by Sayori, 06 December 2017 - 07:57 AM.

SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Joined 05-April 13

https://www.gamersfi...&productId=3304

So the use of this is against the rules?

Ysaline

Ysaline

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2019 posts
  • Joined 08-March 14

:D :D :D :D :D :D

xuo_RFl_W22245555.png 

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

You're not supposed to shame people by name on the forums like this

Can't shame those without it.

And if anyone has no shame, its the veteran players making excuses for running from where they belong in order to get where they'd rather be.

(jk Kew, you are actually correct)

Edited by CookiePuss, 06 December 2017 - 08:35 AM.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

Loudness

Loudness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

adungetit

AXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXXAXAXAXAXA

PAXpress

PAXpress

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11

I feel like there is a more elegant way of handling "threat." Would be nice to not be forced into a district based on it. Allow golds to join bronze dist and give them a HANDICAP. Make them have 25% health or something I dont know I dont claim to have the answer but I BET theres a better way than the current situation. Theres such a huge difference between the districts. Golds in the bronze districts are about as good as the BRONZE on a Silver district (they are legit players) and golds on a gold district are normally obvious cheats. Just my 2c I dont have the answers but I can help rant...

Edit: And what ever happened to gold districts?

Edited by PAXpress, 06 December 2017 - 09:00 AM.

BXNNXD

BXNNXD

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2253 posts
  • Joined 03-December 11

That is how it is on ps4. No threat system. Would be a really good idea but those that don't have a good pc wouldn't stand a chance.

What?
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  

MrChan

MrChan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1717 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

Oh look, it's this thread again.

1) G1 have said in as many words that intentional threat loss is bannable. It's as plain as day that they can't police this rule, though.

2) Removing threat probably won't improve things. Look at the population of Open Conflict if you want to see how much people enjoy threatless matchmaking.

Citadel - MrChan - Criminal - Clanless

Citadel - Skrallis  - Enforcer - Clanless

ShaiShai

ShaiShai

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Joined 11-December 11

It has been said many times before, silver districts are infected with cheaters, and that will never change. Thats why majority of the player base occupy the bronze district. 

That being said, i would like to see, if they start banning all those golds running around in bronze district, what would be the  /pop number

what about the people that are too good for bronze and cant make a single kill in silver (i am one of those, i do play silver at times, but when i do i usually cant even kill the enemy as they never miss, and then you all have to hear me in district complaining about the botters there, so i ask again, where do players like me play, ones that get gold in bronze, but if we stay in silver too long, we get low silver

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

what about the people that are too good for bronze and cant make a single kill in silver (i am one of those, i do play silver at times, but when i do i usually cant even kill the enemy as they never miss, and then you all have to hear me in district complaining about the botters there, so i ask again, where do players like me play, ones that get gold in bronze, but if we stay in silver too long, we get low silver

just do what you have been doing... as long as you dont lose on purpose, its all good

Ysaline

Ysaline

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2019 posts
  • Joined 08-March 14

1) G1 have said in as many words that intentional threat loss is bannable. It's as plain as day that they can't police this rule, though.

I mean if you start a mission and just stand there, waiting to be killed by the oposition and get recorded, then maybe...... 

xuo_RFl_W22245555.png 

VaultTecHunter

VaultTecHunter

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 27-January 15
In understanding for the players with beefy pcs that make them look like they are hacking ((not always the case cause there are hackers as well. And they are publicaly banned)). Bottom line when you end up being the same problem you are running away from then you become a hypocrite. If you goto bronze dont try so hard to get every win ((especially if you purposely dethreat and end up gold within 3 missions of being there and get 10+ kills to each death)) put the Ogre and Medusa down. ((Literally the most annoying thing is dethreat who just use overpowered guns on bronzies with no moral code)). The Overkill is unnecessary and you don't have to get every win. Take a loss ((like most of you preach)) and don't say ez or izi while teabagging the players that don't play as much as you. It's unnessecary and rude.

Sayori

Sayori

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Joined 12-September 17

> Oh, back from work, gonna play some ei pee bee.

> Logs in

> Joins silver district, first mission premade clan of cheaters. Fak this, going Baylan

> Same crap, blatants. Joins Asylym

> More blatants. 

> /exit

I'm done. G1, ask me why I never recommend this game to people?

Edited by Sayori, 06 December 2017 - 11:14 AM.

SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Joined 05-April 13

cause there are hackers as well. And they are publicaly banned)).

1 or 2 hackers that do get publicly banned weekly is just the tip of the iceberg.  And the bans don't even matter on a f2p game.  They just create a new email, account & carry on with their paid for hacking service.

Thinking about it being a cheat provider is most likely a more lucrative business then this game.

Edited by SuperFuzz, 06 December 2017 - 11:28 AM.

Mooke

Mooke

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 27-July 14

ya innit

sup

VaultTecHunter

VaultTecHunter

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 27-January 15
When you have players Who cam easily get 30+ kills so easily in bronze, or groups where no one in said group gets under 15 kills and they don't die near as much. Then where do you draw the line from escaping silver and just farming and being the problem you are running from? ((I have images if I need to show them))

I'm hearing alot of take a loss and deal with it and not enough taking that same advice and chilling out.

MurkTheMerc

MurkTheMerc

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4524 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

This game is really unoptimized, hence the engine overhaul we're all waiting for. Everyone has issues playing APB at one point or another in the same way. It's still on the player to be good at the game, not the client, cause of this, I usually have to lower my particles on the Advanced Launcher cause I get FPS drops when I'm shot, you shouldn't have to do that on a computer that has parts from after 2015.

CRIMINAL-MurkTheMerc      Jericho-NA       ARMAS Holiday Handouts(GiveAway!)

I'm back in April!   Best way to explain Reloaded "not doing anything"

76561198007436876.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users