Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

http://forums.defian...l=1#post2055950

Taken from a Dev Defiance

"Hey All,

I fully understand that the "Coming Soon" title of any update or future content is frustrating. I also understand that everyone here is a passionate supporter of Defiance, and only wants to see great and fun things on the horizon.

Any announcements of what we are working on is still months away, so I do not want to keep dragging you all along with the promise of something "soon", but that does not mean we are not working. Anything on the scale of what we are planning for Defiance takes time before we have anything concrete to show for it.

What I can tell you all, is that the team is working hard to deliver something fun and engaging. This is not your usual patch or update, and in the meantime, it means less immediate content in favor of something big in the future. I am adding new members to the team every month, and we are all very excited to show you what we have been working on.

I only ask for your patience. This game means a lot to me, my team, and Trion. If it didn't, then we would not be dedicating the resources that we are to improve it. Everything we do is for you, the player. Hang tight, and I assure you that you will hear updates in the coming months."

And when i say the staff, someone other than tiggs. So i won't assume that tiggs is the only person working at the company . Tech Mech the ceo should come in and tell us what is going on, what is plan for the future of the game, etc etc. But where's him?  low population, no news about anything, do they even care anymore?

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17
Kudos for seeming to know Tiggs has already said something like this.

Edited by CookiePuss, 14 November 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

Nessie

Nessie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 04-September 13
The difference between Defiance and APB is that our game has fallen so low that such kind of message would be taken like a sarcastic joke.

It is too late now. Like, over 4 years late.

Give me a Cookie <3

aeronut

aeronut

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 12-November 17

The difference between Defiance and APB is that our game has fallen so low that such kind of message would be taken like a sarcastic joke.

It is too late now. Like, over 4 years late.

pretty much.

think we might be at skeleton crew operating levels.

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

pretty much.

Its LITERALLY a few sysadmins left on staff and a dev or two attempting QA, kek. Anyone who believes there will be any kind of significant update to this game is delusional, theres a reason why the "staff" have gone silent. Like other G1 games, they'll keep the lights on even if there is only a few dozen people playing, look at Han for example, that is the "future" that awaits this game.

Just enjoy it while it lasts and don't get worried or annoyed by the lack of communication. Who knows, maybe TechMech will remember his forum account info and shill us some JMBs sometime in the future.

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Rapid99

Rapid99

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2923 posts
  • Joined 15-January 11

And when i say the staff, someone other than tiggs. So i won't assume that tiggs is the only person working at the company . Tech Mech the ceo should come in and tell us what is going on, what is plan for the future of the game, etc etc. But where's him?  low population, no news about anything, do they even care anymore?

Look at you,

assuming that there ARE any staff other than tiggs...

ya little rascal, you.

Posted Image

shiftty

shiftty

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 11-December 12

nice to see some old players.. this game has no hope, and it was pretty must a lost case since like 2013.

not sure why im still addicted to this game and i still believe that its gonna be in good hands one day (i still waste money on this damn game  :Help: )

Knite

Knite

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1197 posts
  • Joined 23-March 11

http://forums.defian...l=1#post2055950

Taken from a Dev Defiance

something fun and engaging

Man, that "fun and engaging" phrase triggers my PTSD

1zvuuyc.pngicon_explosive_aaped_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pngicon_assaultrifle_ntec-7_gold.pngicon_smg_cap40_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.pngicon_flaregun_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.png

RTW CB Vet; APB:R CB Vet; Unbanned

Joker: Knite (Enf); realKesha (Crim)

aeronut

aeronut

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 12-November 17

Just enjoy it while it lasts and don't get worried or annoyed by the lack of communication. Who knows, maybe TechMech will remember his forum account info and shill us some JMBs sometime in the future.

ELBOW DROP FROM HELL

i mean i really believed that they just relegated all sort of public communication to tiggs which makes sense if they were going for better coordination and communication...but..........

-ks-

-ks-

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 20-May 11

I really thought they stopped working on Defiance. I miss that show but the game is still going eh.

Rip killerskull and -killerskull- (Cumulative post count of 10k plus (not that it matters))

BXNNXD

BXNNXD

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Joined 03-December 11
The devs have said that multiple times, I'm pretty sure every game developer ever has said that at one point

Words are easy
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    

RadeonPro

RadeonPro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

pretty much.

LMFAO , i needed that laugh, thanks.

not sure why im still addicted to this game and i still believe that its gonna be in good hands one day (i still waste money on this damn game  :Help: )

I use to be a colby player, so i always come back to see who is still around from colby. I haven't seen anyone from colby anymore, not even people like Sugarman, Dreamz, BrIIce ( i know we got him ban, but no rerolls? ), toze or is it tom haze ? billy mays, zombiebiscuit who i thought was a guy all this time lol. i see no body from colby anymore. And the only reason why i plan to come back again soon is because i have premium on 3 of my characters that i have to use before the time expires for the code. The game is fun, but it gets bored quick , same thing for years now, nothing really has changed and the things we use to love in it, like the old threat system which made the game fun, is gone.

I really thought they stopped working on Defiance. I miss that show but the game is still going eh.

Population is very low, devs over there don't listen as well. Alot of people recently left during the last holiday event because guess what the devs did. They removed loot drops from holiday events lol. So after playing a long intense battle at a arkfall you get no loot hahaah. And don't even get me started on the snow event, how you going to have a snow event and have no snow fall from the skies? And then their excuse for removing it because it was a major performance hit. Interesting i ran the game using a GTX 550 ti and a Q6600, and at the snow event my framerate was above 45 all the time at 1600x900 max.

After the recent nonsense about the loot drops , look at steam charts, barely getting 300 players now. Every trion game is dying, even trove which use to have 50k players, now its down to above 3,000. The only game i play from trion is trove and devillan, both are dead games, but still enjoyable. Defiance i still play "only" because of the single player pve content, its huge and lots of stuff to do. Plus i have 18 characters, with alot of loot on each one and 200k for each character. I was obsessed with that game.

But its nice to know that something may be coming to the game, but as usual its not the right type of content to drive people back into the game. So if anyone play defiance, might as well play it as single player pve only, because arkfalls are empty most of the time and its no point in playing them anymore because the loot is bad or not there anymore.

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7262 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

LMFAO , i needed that laugh, thanks.

I use to be a colby player, so i always come back to see who is still around from colby. I haven't seen anyone from colby anymore, not even people like Sugarman, Dreamz, BrIIce ( i know we got him ban, but no rerolls? ), toze or is it tom haze ? billy mays, zombiebiscuit who i thought was a guy all this time lol. i see no body from colby anymore. And the only reason why i plan to come back again soon is because i have premium on 3 of my characters that i have to use before the time expires for the code. The game is fun, but it gets bored quick , same thing for years now, nothing really has changed and the things we use to love in it, like the old threat system which made the game fun, is gone.

Population is very low, devs over there don't listen as well. Alot of people recently left during the last holiday event because guess what the devs did. They removed loot drops from holiday events lol. So after playing a long intense battle at a arkfall you get no loot hahaah. And don't even get me started on the snow event, how you going to have a snow event and have no snow fall from the skies? And then their excuse for removing it because it was a major performance hit. Interesting i ran the game using a GTX 550 ti and a Q6600, and at the snow event my framerate was above 45 all the time at 1600x900 max.

After the recent nonsense about the loot drops , look at steam charts, barely getting 300 players now. Every trion game is dying, even trove which use to have 50k players, now its down to above 3,000. The only game i play from trion is trove and devillan, both are dead games, but still enjoyable. Defiance i still play "only" because of the single player pve content, its huge and lots of stuff to do. Plus i have 18 characters, with alot of loot on each one and 200k for each character. I was obsessed with that game.

But its nice to know that something may be coming to the game, but as usual its not the right type of content to drive people back into the game. So if anyone play defiance, might as well play it as single player pve only, because arkfalls are empty most of the time and its no point in playing them anymore because the loot is bad or not there anymore.

It's been a while since I've played Defiance, but seriously, they removed loot drops from holiday events?

Holy crap, those were some great ways to get some good equipment.

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

aeronut

aeronut

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 12-November 17

I use to be a colby player, so i always come back to see who is still around from colby. I haven't seen anyone from colby anymore, not even people like Sugarman, Dreamz, BrIIce ( i know we got him ban, but no rerolls? ), toze or is it tom haze ? billy mays, zombiebiscuit who i thought was a guy all this time lol. i see no body from colby anymore. And the only reason 

Zombie says it's "tornhaze" and that zombiebiscuit still plays.

RadeonPro

RadeonPro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

It's been a while since I've played Defiance, but seriously, they removed loot drops from holiday events?

Holy crap, those were some great ways to get some good equipment.

They removed drops from hulker hell, and i believe they are doing it for all events. You have to earn drops other ways from missions or side missions and quests, etc and as usual buying items with real money. You can however get certain drops earning certain currency and go to vendors and buy them. The only event that happen where loot did drop was from extra life, and you can always get drops from arkfalls , seiges. But the fact that they don't host holiday events more than they should and no loot is from them, alot of people stopped playing the game.

So if anyone comes back playing, just play solo/pve/missions/quests. Defiance is not a MMO game anymore, its a solo experience. And if you're a new player , you're doomed. If i am online and a new player does show up, i take the time to show him some vendors and buy him a new car and give him money to help him out. Its sad though, because trion is no better than G1, they never listen to the community and that's the main reason why both games are probably going to shut down one day. So enjoy it while its here i guess.

ボールマン

ボールマン

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Joined 03-September 14

Its LITERALLY a few sysadmins left on staff and a dev or two attempting QA, kek. Anyone who believes there will be any kind of significant update to this game is delusional, theres a reason why the "staff" have gone silent. Like other G1 games, they'll keep the lights on even if there is only a few dozen people playing, look at Han for example, that is the "future" that awaits this game.

Or in the case of Hailan Rising (or whatever it's called), literally one person. He was overjoyed when the crew came on and played the game because he had been playing the game with nobody else around for almost a year.

VickyFox

VickyFox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1960 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

The devs have said that multiple times, I'm pretty sure every game developer ever has said that at one point

Words are easy

A very valid point but it would make Reloaded Productions seem a bit more caring even if they're not.

But like when a member of staff says "VERY SOON™", You know things are in a very sorry state when they try to run with a meme that is there mocking them.

There is more I could say but I'm not going to mention the many times Tiggs has lost it... over and over... on the forums and on streams... and during holiday events...

| VickyFox | Colby TB - NA | Enforcer | enforcer_gold_250.png | Cop Rank: 15 | Threat: Gold | Rank: 255 |

76561198064842306.png

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15271 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

I highly doubt they even care anymore at this point. They're obviously understaffed and can't afford new staff.

All they do is recycle events, perhaps add an item to armas, and launch sales in order to gain the last possible cash they could milk out of a dead cow.

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7262 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

They removed drops from hulker hell, and i believe they are doing it for all events. You have to earn drops other ways from missions or side missions and quests, etc and as usual buying items with real money. You can however get certain drops earning certain currency and go to vendors and buy them. The only event that happen where loot did drop was from extra life, and you can always get drops from arkfalls , seiges. But the fact that they don't host holiday events more than they should and no loot is from them, alot of people stopped playing the game.

So if anyone comes back playing, just play solo/pve/missions/quests. Defiance is not a MMO game anymore, its a solo experience. And if you're a new player , you're doomed. If i am online and a new player does show up, i take the time to show him some vendors and buy him a new car and give him money to help him out. Its sad though, because trion is no better than G1, they never listen to the community and that's the main reason why both games are probably going to shut down one day. So enjoy it while its here i guess.

Really makes me wonder if there just isn't something wrong in the minds of executives and/or developers at companies like G1 and Trion.

It's as if a game or a few games become somewhat successful, then someone gets it in their head that making money is reason enough to come close to torpedoing games.

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1391 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

It is safe to assume this thread used to be somewhere else? The fact that this is now in 'off-topic' is not reassuring at all.

RadeonPro

RadeonPro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

It is safe to assume this thread used to be somewhere else? The fact that this is now in 'off-topic' is not reassuring at all.

They don't care and this proves it. No staff member bother to say anything as usual and they move by thread to the off topic section , when its directly about APB reloaded/g1/rp. Stop giving them money, i did. I'm done wasting my time on these forums with this trigger happy mods and idiotic staff members who don't care about their game.

You guys can have the forum, when i come back playing this game, which i plan too soon anyway just to play it and never spend any money on it.  I'm just going to make my own community space on my google plus page. And talk about the game there. Had enough of this nonsense, and I'm not even mad, just sad that you have a great game and don't bother to do anything to improved and make it have a future. Then you put "players" who are not even employed with the company and allow them to become mods on a forum. who does something stupid like that?

I'm done with these forums. Play the game while you can folks, because it wont get better. Cheers.

Edited by RadeonPro, 15 November 2017 - 10:31 AM.

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1391 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

Farewell.

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

I like how this was shoved into "off-topic" of all places, really makes you think.

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Uminee

Uminee

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined 27-January 12

I would not envy anyone that is in a position to have to address this community in any sort of official capacity. It is not a task that you could ever conceivably feel you have done successfully. 

Check out Uminee's Ensembles!

If you play on Jericho, make sure to stop by Uminee's Fashion Boutique!

SurpriseItIsZombieBiscuit

SurpriseItIsZombieBiscuit

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 14-November 17

I like how Uminee always comes back to the forum just to post in these kind of threads. Same with Indi.

Edited by MicrowaveOven, 15 November 2017 - 09:57 PM.

time2dope

time2dope

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Joined 19-November 13

havent seen anything from this game really since the last contact updates but the game has a ton of content so it could be allot worse im still hoping for new content but they likely wasted any hopes of this ever happening to get the game on consoles which i assume wasnt a good use of time (i assume its not doing all that great on consoles because if it was we might have some actual updates)  i could be wrong though and the game could be actually receiving updates on the consoles

at least if we had news about the console versions we could make some assumptions about the pc version

Danimal

Danimal

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1694 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

I'm playing a game 15 years old. They are still pumping out content, albeit minor. I gladly pay my 15$ subscription and still have fun playing. FFXI FTW.

APB/CSgo are just appetizers to my main course.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users