Photo

Are we not allowed to talk about mods and administrative action?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

Every few days or so a new posts crops up talking about mods and how things are ran. Obviously people think its an issue. But nothing can be done without talking about it. So, is it really right for mods to keep closing these threads? 

Or is this more of, things are ran how they are ran and we dont talk about it? The first rule of the forums is we dont talk about how things are ran on the apb forums? Is discussion allowed? 

Drink up. Shoot in. Let the beatings begin. Distributor of pain. Your loss becomes my gain. Anger. Misery. You’ll suffer unto me. Harvester of sorrow. Language of the mad. Harvester of sorrow. All have said their prayers. Invade their nightmares.
To see into my eyes. You’ll find where murder lies.

e963b_metallica_loo.png

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17
What do the community guidelines say?

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

As far as i can tell its against the rules to re open topics that have been removed or closed. So....this is a new topic. It should be fine. Discussion should be allowed. As far as i can tell there is no reason to close this thread. Yet, they always seem to get closed. 

Drink up. Shoot in. Let the beatings begin. Distributor of pain. Your loss becomes my gain. Anger. Misery. You’ll suffer unto me. Harvester of sorrow. Language of the mad. Harvester of sorrow. All have said their prayers. Invade their nightmares.

e963b_metallica_loo.png

KNickz

KNickz

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3288 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

i mean if you had anonymous power and people were mommy talking you wouldnt you close those threads 

as if you had anything else left to hide

Its funny too because they've never quite replaced me. They just keep recycling my work 8)

APB Reloaded, the only game where the US is better than EU at being criminals.

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

Im not trying to bash the mods. If the mods want to take it that way i guess its there right. But, as far as i can tell, its not against the rules to discuss this. SO a thread would be closed that wasent breaking rules. Which is exactly one of the things that needs to be discussed. 

e963b_metallica_loo.png

MrChan

MrChan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1706 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

The only thing I really have a problem with is threads locked anonymously with no mod post.

It's usually standard practice for a mod to explain why they're locking a thread unless it's blatant spam or garbage.

Citadel - MrChan - Criminal - Clanless

Citadel - Skrallis  - Enforcer - Clanless

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

The only thing I really have a problem with is threads locked anonymously with no mod post.

It's usually standard practice for a mod to explain why they're locking a thread unless it's blatant spam or garbage.

Right. Kinda hard to know why a post is gone when it just goes poof. Guess we could message a mod....but what one? Not like they said anything before the close. Then theres no guarantee that they will answer. A thread could have pages of replies and when it just vanishes are we supposed to say nothing? 

Or if they lock it and just say "closing" like......why? Wasent harming anyone and no reason was giving. There needs to be better clearer communication. 

e963b_metallica_loo.png

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

inb4 closed for violating community guidelines

-Do not post any content discussing disciplinary actions taken against a Community Member
  -Discipline received by Reloaded Games staff

huehuehue

Edited by CookiePuss, 12 November 2017 - 05:17 PM.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1981 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12
As far as i can tell its against the rules to re open topics that have been removed or closed. So....this is a new topic. It should be fine. Discussion should be allowed. As far as i can tell there is no reason to close this thread. Yet, they always seem to get closed.

No, through wishy washy opinionated interpretations of the rules a topic that has been closed in the past is basically disallowed from any further discussions in the future. Regardless if the situation has changed or not.

Through wishy washy opinionated interpretations of the rules, anything "negative" said about actions taken by G1 regardless of how constructive or how well it incites reasonable discussion is not allowed as long as people in power have no reason to change their opinions.

Expect this to happen to this thread "Soontm"

d37b367a3516024672be5045357ff4d6.png

I love how people think this is normal and reasonable conduct.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog, 12 November 2017 - 06:50 PM.

I'm actually done with this mess. Just make me a forum mod so we can have SOMEONE with some competence around here.

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

So basically, its ran how its ran and we can ether accept it or go kick rocks. Thats a very bad way to run a business. Even Burger King has feed back forms or suggestion boxes. 

e963b_metallica_loo.png

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7184 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

-Do not post any content discussing disciplinary actions taken against a Community Member

huehuehue

Would thought that your first hint would have been enough. :P

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

MrBubbleTea

MrBubbleTea

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2961 posts
  • Joined 09-August 13
I created a thread on something like this a few days ago and it’s gone. I can’t even ...

iBubbleTea

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

Starting to sound like a police state. Police forum? 

e963b_metallica_loo.png

Obvious Lesbian

Obvious Lesbian

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4127 posts
  • Joined 28-July 14

no point in discussing how the moderators are pretty bad at moderating in the first place

qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Emotional - Burvington

Vipertechs

Vipertechs

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2516 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12

The type of person who wants to be a forum administrator on a forum like this has to either have a great sense of humour or takes themselves far too seriously.

The threadlock from yesterday was one of the latter, unless it had turned from the relatively jovial banter into nastiness.

Interesting thing is that the link to contact community support links to a ‘do not reply’ email address.... basically, they don’t want t know because they don’t care.

Edited by Vipertechs, 13 November 2017 - 01:59 AM.

SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Joined 05-April 13

Thread locks are like in game hit reg.  RNG if you hit on target or not.

You know what?  Kind of like Fair Fight now that I think about it.

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7262 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

Standard practice on forums that are ran sensibly (you know, those without faceless moderators), but this is a G1 forum, so...

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3394 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

So basically, its ran how its ran and we can ether accept it or go kick rocks.

Yes.

Thats a very bad way to run a business.

In most cases, yes.

Even Burger King has feed back forms or suggestion boxes. 

We also have that.

Spoiler

Honestly, what use does the forum have for the time being? When stuff is happening, like the Nekrova merge or the Halloween event, related threads of varying quality pop up. However when nothing happens (which is most of the time)? What is there to discuss on the forums that hasn't been discussed before?

Suspected cheaters and/or inappropriate in-game behaviour? "Report to Support" and lock.

We would like better anti-cheat? No comments (Or if we're lucky, a snarky "we already answered that" referring to an off the cuff comment in an obscure and long forgotten locked thread without linking to the comment in question).

What's the status in the engine upgrade? "No news".

What's the plan for the future of the game? No comments (Or if we're lucky, a snarky "we already answered that" referring to an off the cuff comment in an obscure and long forgotten locked thread without linking to the comment in question).

What are you working on right now? No comments (Or if we're lucky, a snarky "we already answered that" referring to an off the cuff comment in an obscure and long forgotten locked thread without linking to the comment in question).

When is the next "blogpost"? No comments (Or if we're lucky, a snarky "we already answered that" referring to an off the cuff comment in an obscure and long forgotten locked thread without linking to the comment in question).

... I could go on.

So because there's nothing to discuss and because it's not possible for Tiggs and/or Mods to provide useful feed-back regarding the things that are of most interest to the community - we are where we are:

So basically, its ran how its ran and we can ether accept it or go kick rocks.

Edited by AsgerLund, 13 November 2017 - 02:54 AM.

69tZxRU.jpg 

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1981 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

So because there's nothing to discuss and because it's not possible for Tiggs and/or Mods to provide useful feed-back regarding the things that are of most interest to the community - we are where we are:

So the only outcome of the current situation is to have a dead and inactive forum? Why would people even begin to accept this?

There cant be any leeway or laxed modding until there is proper content to be discussed, when mods are already capable of the opposite?

Did beating a dead horse ever come to mind when you thought about the modding being done to the current state of the forums?

The type of person who wants to be a forum administrator on a forum like this has to either have a great sense of humour or takes themselves far too seriously.

Anyone who isnt a mod already is probably the first.

Anyone who is a mod now is probably the latter.

You never get the best of the best on the first go.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog, 13 November 2017 - 03:53 AM.

I'm actually done with this mess. Just make me a forum mod so we can have SOMEONE with some competence around here.

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3394 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

So the only outcome of the current situation is to have a dead and inactive forum? Why would people even begin to accept this?

There cant be any leeway or laxed modding until there is proper content to be discussed, when mods are already capable of the opposite?

Did beating a dead horse ever come to mind when you thought about the modding being done to the current state of the forums?

Oh believe me, I would looooove more laxed modding to make the forum more fun and entertaining. I am in no way a proponent of the current state, I'm just stating that "it is what it is" without condoning it.

In my mind, it's not so much a question of beating a dead horse. I see the modding as part of a bigger picture of G1/Reloaded Games Inc. shooting their own foot... repeatedly... with an EM3 Shaw within reloading distance of a car spawn.

That is however only my subjective opinion as a humble player/outsider. I'm sure that if I had more knowledge of the internal going on's at Reloaded Games (not that I am entitled to that in any way), I would perhaps have a more nuanced point of view.

69tZxRU.jpg 

MrChan

MrChan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1706 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

no point in discussing how the moderators are pretty bad at moderating in the first place

Having 'been there and done that', moderating a forum that's in anyway active is generally a mommy show and there's only a few kinds of person who can do it effectively for an extended period of time. There were never a lot of people suitable for it around here and most of the ones that were have departed.

Edited by MrChan, 13 November 2017 - 09:47 AM.

Citadel - MrChan - Criminal - Clanless

Citadel - Skrallis  - Enforcer - Clanless

Keshi

Keshi

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1192 posts
  • Joined 30-September 15

Bro, we aint even allowed to talk about the engine upgrade. Most of those posts went poof too

Loudness

Loudness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

huehuehue

Why do you suck g1 Diick so hard?

So you think g1 is doing a great job at maintaining this game aswell?

AXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXXAXAXAXAXA

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Why do you suck g1 Diick so hard?

So you think g1 is doing a great job at maintaining this game aswell?

I mean, if you are gonna suck it, you might as well do a good job amirite?

Loudness

Loudness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

He is just hustlin. Gotta work to get on that whitelist.

Well i think CookiePuss is ModSquid88 but he just cant be asked to log onto his official forum mod account

Loudness

Loudness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

Na, MadSquid88 is Skay. Skay is actually all the mods, he just rotates accounts.

How do you know all this information?

Are you a hacker?

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

I questioned Skay about it and he said "I am not any of the mods and I don't want to be" which is exactly what a mod would say trying to hide it. Therefore he is obviously a mod.

Seems legit.

Its also his birthday today.

Make sure to wish him a happy one.

Edited by CookiePuss, 13 November 2017 - 12:55 PM.

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

>People asking for updates on a game no longer being actively developed

??

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

ボールマン

ボールマン

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Joined 03-September 14

As a former moderator, unless they've changed the moderation rules - unless a thread is simply just spam or is blatantly breaking stuff like Name & Shame, they should be obligated to inform you why that thread was locked. Simply so that situations don't pile up where people keep making threads, asking why it was removed.

Then again, there was actually a community team then. With an actual community manager. Not someone who kicks down the door and gives half the moderation team the boot because they don't play by the new manager's rules that wasn't specified anywhere with no warning about potentially breaching what she's comfortable with aside from an email stating you've gotten the boot and she's too incapable to remove the moderator tag so that she straight up just bans the forum accounts instead.

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1981 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

Oh believe me, I would looooove more laxed modding to make the forum more fun and entertaining. I am in no way a proponent of the current state, I'm just stating that "it is what it is" without condoning it.

In my mind, it's not so much a question of beating a dead horse. I see the modding as part of a bigger picture of G1/Reloaded Games Inc. shooting their own foot... repeatedly... with an EM3 Shaw within reloading distance of a car spawn.

That is however only my subjective opinion as a humble player/outsider. I'm sure that if I had more knowledge of the internal going on's at Reloaded Games (not that I am entitled to that in any way), I would perhaps have a more nuanced point of view.

As much as i like that analogy better, im in the same boat that yes; "this is what it is" but that doesnt mean im going to sit around and accept it.

Granted there is more or less nothing we can do even if we do it their way, its still worth saying something different.

Every shot in the foot by G1 is just another person who will abandon the game because of management.

I think we need stricter modding. 

We should introduce segregated forum sections, time allotted curfews, a constant watch of all account traffic including private messages, and an authentication wrist band that ties a persons genetic code as an identifier to their account. That should fix everything.

Now youre thinking with portals.

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

As a former moderator, unless they've changed the moderation rules - unless a thread is simply just spam or is blatantly breaking stuff like Name & Shame, they should be obligated to inform you why that thread was locked. Simply so that situations don't pile up where people keep making threads, asking why it was removed.

Then again, there was actually a community team then. With an actual community manager. Not someone who kicks down the door and gives half the moderation team the boot because they don't play by the new manager's rules that wasn't specified anywhere with no warning about potentially breaching what she's comfortable with aside from an email stating you've gotten the boot and she's too incapable to remove the moderator tag so that she straight up just bans the forum accounts instead.

As a forum user none of this is explained to us. As far as i can tell they ether random do things, or dont do things. 

I have seen threads get locked with "closing" or "locking" with no explanation. 

I have seen threads get locked with "closing this down its going nowhere" isint that a judgement call? And where does it say in the guidelines its ok to use a judgement call and lock threads that are going nowhere based on that judgement call? 

Ive been engaged in threads that have been perfectly legit and not rule breaking just up and disappear. No reason. No communication. Nothing. 

Its really like they make up the rules as they go along and randomly do or dont do things. They dont follow or uphold the rules consistently or evenly. 

So how are we, the forum users, supposed to follow the rules when the rules seem very arbitrary? Things get closed that dont break the rules, rule breakers dont get punished? Whats the point of any of it? 

Edited by Progeekzy, 13 November 2017 - 02:44 PM.

e963b_metallica_loo.png

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Ive been engaged in threads that have been perfectly legit and not rule breaking just up and disappear. No reason. No communication. Nothing. 

If this thread is any indication, it seems you have no idea what the rules are.

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

If this thread is any indication, it seems you have no idea what the rules are.

Says the person with a signature that dosent follow the rules. But i guess you do enough butt snorkeling the mods allow it? 

e963b_metallica_loo.png

aeronut

aeronut

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 12-November 17

Says the person with a signature that dosent follow the rules. But i guess you do enough butt snorkeling the mods allow it? 

i thought the thread was perfectly fine until he came and derailed it.

:/

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2198 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

Signature Rules:

• 500 x 120 pixels at most
  • No animations
  • 3 lines of reasonably additional text allowed

Hmm. Seems in line with the rules to me. It is 3 lines, is taking up less space than a 500x120 picture, and is not intrusive text. I think you are just looking for something to whine at him about, especially when you also have three lines of text AND a picture.

[*]Bypassing Moderation/Filters
Any attempt to deliberately circumvent the world filter will lead to actions against your forum account.

Its actually clearly in black and white in the posted guidlines, and word 2 of there signature goes directly against whats posted in black and white. 

e963b_metallica_loo.png

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Bro just read the guidelines.

Its not that complicated.

btw "but snorkeling" made me chortle ;-)

Mod Squad 88

Mod Squad 88

Reloaded Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 14-July 16

Well i think CookiePuss is ModSquid88 but he just cant be asked to log onto his official forum mod account

Nope!

my CIV account is written in the words of the ancients and you will first need to find the declaration of independence, for it contains a hidden cypher.

aeronut

aeronut

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 12-November 17

i don't get it. 

i had a post similar, nearly identical to this post, and it got closed/deleted and i received a warning point for it.

how is this post still standing?

MrBubbleTea

MrBubbleTea

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2961 posts
  • Joined 09-August 13

i don't get it.

i had a post similar, nearly identical to this post, and it got closed/deleted and i received a warning point for it.

1. Selective enforcement bro
2. Did ur thread gain much attention? This thread gotten some attention.

iBubbleTea

BXNNXD

BXNNXD

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Joined 03-December 11

i don't get it.

You have to but snorkel the monkey squids more
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users