Photo

PC Halloween Horseman Event (Thursday Maintenance)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4885 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

We're releasing a client update on Thursday. Maintenance will start at 9 AM UTC and will take approximately 3 - 4 hours.

Halloween Horseman Event

The rules for the event are simple:

1. Collect pumpkins in Halloween versions of Financial and Waterfront to become the Headless Horseman and start the event (Timer Starts).
  2. The Horseman must kill other players to convert them to their Pumpkin Army (Pumpkin Head Soldiers).
  3. Pumpkin Head Soldiers must also kill other players to recruit them into the Pumpkin Army.
  4. Survivors must avoid being killed until the time runs out (Timer Ends).

NOTE: Survivors blip on the Pumpkin Army's radar when the bell tolls, signifying that the Horseman Event is coming to an end...keep fighting, running or hiding to survive.

Horseman

• Buffed up health, flare gun and a custom Envegas steed.
  • Earn points by killing survivors.

Soldiers

• Able to re-spawn multiple times without penalty.
  • Earn points for killing survivors.

Survivors

• Earn points for surviving.
  • Earn extra points for killing and thereby becoming the Horseman.

Rewards

New achievements, new titles, several clothing items and choice of three backpacks can all be won and earned in this year’s event.

GFILidX.png

Monster Backpack

8ItV5n0.png

Pumpkin Backpack

M5hrkFx.png

Skull Backpack

FSukTTc.png

Purple / Orange Pumpkins

Purple pumpkins are hidden throughout Financial and Waterfront. Find these and get a prize. Orange pumpkins can also be found in the Asylum.

Rewards

Purple Pumpkin Hunter (Role) - Financial & Waterfront

Kg5ZkO4.png

Pumpkin Smasher (Role) - Asylum

mkvSAzd.png

Contacts - Trick and Treat

Regular Action Districts:

Trick and Treat can be found in the Waterfront district. They can be pledged to by the appropriate faction (Trick for Criminals and Treat for Enforcers), and by playing missions while pledged to them you can level them in the same way as normal contacts.

Rewards

Contact Levels

svjpuP9.png

Daily Activities

G8z9epV.png

FAQ:

• All the Horseman Event achievements are new this year, no progress from previous years will carry over.
  • The Purple Pumpkin Hunter and Pumpkin Smasher roles, as well as Trick and Treat’s progress will carry over from previous years.
  • All rewards are character-bound only.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Leander465

Leander465

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 30-December 11
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh let's go boyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
recycling is good for the environment

Edited by Leander465, 18 October 2017 - 01:53 PM.

We'll be posting information very soon  

Greets, Leander / Reapers

Steam / Twitch / Youtube

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3394 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Neat

69tZxRU.jpg 

Sayori

Sayori

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 12-September 17

Nice. I thought you won't be able to release it or will be at the end of the month.

Also sale?

digitaldeath

digitaldeath

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Joined 11-February 17

oh nvm thanks tiggs

Edited by digitaldeath, 18 October 2017 - 02:03 PM.

Ghostiee

Ghostiee

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

What about a sale

Leander465

Leander465

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 30-December 11

wizard hat? :(

We're implementing on live a way to get the Witch hat and other items. They're not available on OTW

Rewards

New achievements, new titles, several clothing items and choice of three backpacks can all be won and earned in this year’s event.

GFILidX.png

Edited by Leander465, 18 October 2017 - 02:08 PM.

We'll be posting information very soon  

Greets, Leander / Reapers

Steam / Twitch / Youtube

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4885 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

oh nvm thanks tiggs

Why don't you read over the post and rewards. :) 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

IgotOffendedbyMS5

IgotOffendedbyMS5

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 08-February 13

thanks for the event, just out if curiousity, do we have to do it all over again, or does the pumpkins and everyting still count, what we have done so far in the previous years?

Edited by SandyBitch, 18 October 2017 - 02:16 PM.

SandyBCortez  (EU): Enfo R255   -   ToMmY1337  (EU): Crim R255criminal_gold_250.pngenforcer_gold_250.png

IvyHedje   (EU): Enfo R255  -   SandyBiatch   (EU): Crim R255   -   WOLVERINE   (EU): Enfo R255   -   JuneCovington  (EU): Crim R255   

SandBCortez    (NA): Crim R255   -   Sp1cy   (NA): Enfo R225   -   ToMmY1337    (NA): Enfo R100

xertioN

xertioN

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 15-July 15

We want the Halloween event!!

We want a different event...

We want blah blah blah

Jesus take what you can get ffs

Can't wait for the wizard hat and the skins! w00t

Edited by xertioN, 18 October 2017 - 02:14 PM.

AMG, 3K

IgotOffendedbyMS5

IgotOffendedbyMS5

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 08-February 13

what about a real event with real rewards?

You could use the costume advantage to do something for the community...

Not only playing the players, too the company... DO SOMETHING! 

CONTRACT SOMEONE! D=

apb4life

aaand it didnt took long to see someone complaining, thank you, i am quite sure, they appreciate your critism alot dude. be happy for what you got

SandyBCortez  (EU): Enfo R255   -   ToMmY1337  (EU): Crim R255criminal_gold_250.pngenforcer_gold_250.png

IvyHedje   (EU): Enfo R255  -   SandyBiatch   (EU): Crim R255   -   WOLVERINE   (EU): Enfo R255   -   JuneCovington  (EU): Crim R255   

SandBCortez    (NA): Crim R255   -   Sp1cy   (NA): Enfo R225   -   ToMmY1337    (NA): Enfo R100

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5314 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

The Purple Pumpkin Hunter and Pumpkin Smasher roles, as well as Trick and Treat’s progress will carry over from previous ears.

previous years is what i think you meant

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4885 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

thanks for the event, just out if curiousity, do we have to do it all over again, or does the pumpkins and everyting still count, what we have done so far in the previous years?

Read the FAQ

fnqnaqybarylfanxr

fnqnaqybarylfanxr

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

As an APB elitist™ player im deeply saddened about this event.

Not only that there are no new rewards, but now banned people can get Wizard hats again.

Thanks G1

NSrMGab.png

vs lbh qrpvcurerq guvf, tbbq shpxvat wbo orpnhfr vgf cerggl zhpu gur rnfvrfg pvcure va gur jbeyq, bu naq vs lbh rkcrpgrq n erjneq be fbzr xvaq bs zrnavatshy zrffntr yrgf fnl v fbzrgvzrf jevgr fgrnz erivrjf - Nccneragyl vz abg nyybjrq gb znxr fnepnfgvp gbcvpf be pevgvpvmr nal riragf ba sbehzf

Jdred

Jdred

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Joined 23-November 11

Wow, can some of you just not read or? Like legit most of these questions were answered in the original post.

For those of you who need help reading:

Posted Image

Posted Image

MrChan

MrChan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1706 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

So Chuck has vivisected Chip and wears his skin. And that's for kids, yeah?

Citadel - MrChan - Criminal - Clanless

Citadel - Skrallis  - Enforcer - Clanless

-ks-

-ks-

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Joined 20-May 11

Seriously guys, they were able to put up an old event, at this point, thats a big thing. So stfu and try to enjoy what you get. If you have everything and find it boring, I dunno just play mission. I might actually log in and play asylum because there will be a small surge in pop.

Rip killerskull and -killerskull- (Cumulative post count of 10k plus (not that it matters))

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14
@Tiggs

Add the asylum weapon skin in the Joker distribution for 3000 - 5000 joker tickets available during the halloween event time only so our beloved BR players that never obtain it in the past have a chance to get and me :P

Poperoni

Poperoni

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Joined 24-September 17

What a tough choice, Monster or Pumpkin Backpack :Hmm:

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

CagpvJB.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14

What a tough choice, Monster or Pumpkin Backpack :Hmm:

It's tough to choose me personally i will choose the pumpkin backpack bc it glows to any color.

AngelicLie

AngelicLie

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 25-April 17

Thank you Tiggs, and staff !!

I know this is a brutal community to manage, and a lot of people, my self included, give you guys a lot of **** from time to time, but doing things like this for this community is amazing at this stage in the game .

While I and many other others are still upset about the lack of communication and / or progress on the engine update, the continued events and the fact you give anything to this community is awesome .

I for one still wish we had a damn RED glowing weapon skin, even if it isn't the assylum skin, which is rare and sacred, and we all get that, but a red glow skin would seriously make so many LONG TIME veterans and supporters of this game, myself included, very very very happy !!!

Please, if possible, please, a red glow skin at some point ? maybe with a skull or something on it ? devil horns on it ?

If I had the source codes I would make the skin for you guys LOL !!

Red is seriously the only color I dont have hahahha .

Anyways, thank you again, and awesome job on this event !!!

( I know you know who this lol, and Im doing my best to be good around here, just for you Tiggs :)  )

hIf5g9M.png

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4553 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

I lost my bet.

281akc8.gif

At least we didn't get a blog post like every year.

6eDfIAi.png

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1402 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14
Must get achievements for all chars. Also they released, its a miracle.

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

ø---MissT---ø

ø---MissT---ø

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Joined 25-June 12

Yassss!!! I will be out there in San Paro  :badguns:

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1402 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

Wizard hat?

Read

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

tajiri'

tajiri'

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Joined 27-May 13

Read

Sry, I'm idiot :s

6UxhHak.png

Citadel | Jericho 

Kitty Yekaterina

Kitty Yekaterina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Joined 28-October 13

Rewards

GFILidX.png

Ok Tiggs can you please explain to all of us who participated in Halloween events 2014, 2015, 2016 and who played Halloween event because of only special achievement once per entire year  which is gaining "UNIQUE" trophy of a backpack that is not earnable or available anywhere else, anytime in the future.. 

Can u explain us where is our 4th unique trophy this year? Since there are many veterans who possess monster, pumpkin and skull backpacks or you want to say that G1 company did absolutely nothing this entire year? 

I mean its ok we didnt expect Summer Event which was publicly promised by one company and then turned out to be public lie...ok we can pass that..

we didnt expect engine upgrade as promised publicly on your blog again by  you and G1 company for august 2017...

but seriously... the only thing you did special for past couple of years ...and now this year you are shutting that ONE  SINGLE thing down as well, and you offering us recycled old backpacks... 

My question is what is the point of word "unique trophy"  if every year you will provide that "uniqueness" to be achieved by new players, newcomers.... ?? 

Cant you at least offer all 3 backpacks as choice, if someone really missed one in series, but  offer a 4th new one as it was TRADITION all this years..the only thing i was happy to wait entire year for, just to be surprised with new backpacks which were awesomely made with awesome ideas, such as first glowing clothing item in history of apb when pumpkin backpack came...  Cant you at least give us that little when already all rest was a lie ? 

Cant you give 4th new backpack so that us veterans at least have some reason to login to APB this Halloween.  We were loyal to you  and to your company obviously, I wouldnt be here writing this, if I werent... so please....please just give us motivation...just give us SOMETHING..is that so friggin much to ask?  :(

P.S.  this is what you said Tiggs for Valentine backpack :  Tiggs - reward yourself with a unique arrow quiver backpack that is not earnable or available anywhere else

so just do it for Halloween as you did all this years..pls.  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Being online doesn't mean you're suddenly not responsible for who you are. Embarrassing, threatening, harassing, attacking and insulting - based on gender, race, nationality or simple difference of opinion? ...This shows who you are as a person, sitting behind the monitor. You think nobody will care? Think again.

The age of Cancer is over. The dawn of Justice has come.

ø---MissT---ø

ø---MissT---ø

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Joined 25-June 12

OPEN DEM SERVERS I NEED TO PLAY  :punches:  :chairwack:

JungleFlaco

JungleFlaco

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13

Just saying:

Unfortunately we ran into some issues activating the migration, so we'll be postponing it by 24 hours. We'll post an update when it is available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

He is referring to the Innova Server set up, now known as Nekrova, as stated @ https://forums.gamer...ome-to-nekrova/

Edited by JungleFlaco, 19 October 2017 - 04:13 AM.

9BXQnYH.jpg
NINJA TECH

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1391 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

58aV9.gif

I'm excited.

Poperoni

Poperoni

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Joined 24-September 17

It's tough to choose me personally i will choose the pumpkin backpack bc it glows to any color.

I might follow the same path as you. But, the Monster Backpack is so nice, ermagherd :o :chairwack: :wub:

Edited by Poperoni, 19 October 2017 - 07:45 AM.

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

CagpvJB.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

EvilKitty

EvilKitty

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 20-December 16
Finally.... Waited so long for this event to play it first time.
Extraordinary is in what we do not who we are.

iTzBlackout

iTzBlackout

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 25-September 15

What's about a 50% Armas Discount?

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14

What's about a 50% Armas Discount?

Tomorrow is the sales.

JungleFlaco

JungleFlaco

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13

Citadel just crashed.

EDIT:

HOTFIX?

https://forums.gamer...e-october-19th/

Edited by JungleFlaco, 19 October 2017 - 02:09 PM.

9BXQnYH.jpg
NINJA TECH

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4885 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Citadel just crashed.

EDIT:

HOTFIX?

https://forums.gamer...e-october-19th/

If you experience a district crash, knowing which district and the exact time really helps us.

Sayori

Sayori

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 12-September 17

Meh. You guys should disable car surfer and blowtorch mods because it's just aids and gives players advantage over those who are not r195+ yet.

Fair play for everyone? Thought G1 cares about that : )

edit: and that fog is total performance killer.

Edited by Sayori, 20 October 2017 - 01:25 AM.

DOORTOLIGHT

DOORTOLIGHT

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 03-January 17

Meh. You guys should disable car surfer and blowtorch mods because it's just aids and gives players advantage over those who are not r195+ yet.
Fair play for everyone? Thought G1 cares about that : )

edit: and that fog is total performance killer.

Car surfer is disabled, and I agree that blowtorch should be ad well

JungleFlaco

JungleFlaco

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13

If you experience a district crash, knowing which district and the exact time really helps us.

Will bear this in mind when/if i crash again.

EDIT:

Today (We) managed to join and play Dynamic Event Waterfront 1 (Citadel) for more than 2 hours without any problem, other than random lags.

Edited by JungleFlaco, 20 October 2017 - 05:37 AM.

9BXQnYH.jpg
NINJA TECH

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Can we do something about glitch abusers please?

No? 

ok then, see you in two weeks

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users