111 replies to this topic

Bums

Bums

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 12-July 08

Do you remember when there weren't any threat related districts? pepperidge farm remembers.

Bums/Electricity/Fry/Kindness/Hamburglar

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1454 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

Placebos are a hell of a drug. Paint a green threat yellow and all of a sudden they're a huge threat.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Placebos are a hell of a drug. Paint a green threat yellow and all of a sudden they're a huge threat.

Only greens Ive ever seen are scumbag dethreaters.

Not sure Ive ever seen an actual legitimate green threat.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

Doufous

Doufous

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 23-December 15
Maybe you should play the game every now and then.

AngelicLie

AngelicLie

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 25-April 17

we already debunked this proposal years ago

it would just make it incredibly easy for people who want to stomp - they wont even have to dethreat anymore, just 5 minutes in the character creator and they can beat up new players for 12 hours

No, "we" didn't, because as it was proposed by us caring veterans years ago, creating a new character would be useless because being able to even join this rank locked server would depend on the highest rank character on your account .

If you didn't have a character over 100, then you could join it, but any character over the locked rank and you couldn't join it ... 

now, before you say "make a new account" , fine, that would work, but you wouldnt have your gold weapons, cars, perks etc , so in essence you would be nerfed anyways , and a complete tool for even doing so in the first place, but still nerfed none the less .

hIf5g9M.png

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

No, "we" didn't, because as it was proposed by us caring veterans years ago, creating a new character would be useless because being able to even join this rank locked server would depend on the highest rank character on your account .

If you didn't have a character over 100, then you could join it, but any character over the locked rank and you couldn't join it ... 

now, before you say "make a new account" , fine, that would work, but you wouldnt have your gold weapons, cars, perks etc , so in essence you would be nerfed anyways , and a complete tool for even doing so in the first place, but still nerfed none the less .

when you can get half the guns unlocked within 4 or 5 missions, not having armas weapons starts not to matter

the bottom line is that a majority of dethreaters simply want to stomp ez opposition, and i doubt they really care how it happens 

simply reaching r100 in no way means you are not the same bronze or silver tier player you probably were for those 100 ranks, all that ends up happening is that instead of these players racking up experience from the very beginning, theyve effectively wasted 100 levels and several hours fighting mirror images of themselves and learning nothing

not to mention every single reroll cheater will also be locked in the sub-r100 room with exclusively new players to tear to shreds every mission

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  

JungleFlaco

JungleFlaco

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13

Shall we turn every Action District into Open Conflict for a week and see what pops out?

(Serious question )

Edited by JungleFlaco, Yesterday, 03:31 AM.

9BXQnYH.jpg
NINJA TECH

Vnight

Vnight

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 05-July 11

Silver servers are full of gold degenerate hackers, and there is no efficient anti-cheat.

If u want to enjoy this game as a silver, move to bronze where u can actually have some competition with ur rank, and not insta endless kills, no bullet missed etc.

Let them hackers deserve each other on them cuckfest servers.

They invaded us first, so we left them have it.

This game is jungle law based, there will always be collateral.

Perhaps one day this game will be an hackers only mommy credit card cheat program league competition, if it goes too far with the ignorance.

So yeah.. enjoy cucks and quit whining.

Edited by Vnight, Yesterday, 02:17 PM.

AngelicLie

AngelicLie

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 25-April 17

Silver servers are full of gold degenerate hackers, and there is no efficient anti-cheat.

If u want to actually enjoy this game as a silver, move to bronze where u can actually have some competition with ur rank, and not insta endless kills, no bullet missed etc.

Perhaps one day this game will be an hackers only mommy credit card cheat program league competition, if it goes too far with the ignorance.

amen

hIf5g9M.png

Reeses

Reeses

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 02-March 17

Ok, lets see you avoid my pioneer with 2 max rank golds on the roof with volcanoes .... your argument is invalid .

Considering I have over 5000 hours in the game and haven't found "gold car surfing volcano users" to be a huge problem I think my argument is valid. Good luck winning missions if you're only using explosives and car surfing. Maybe that is why you find the game hard? 

Reeses

Reeses

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 02-March 17

If u want to actually enjoy this game as a silver, move to bronze where u can actually have some competition with ur rank, and not insta endless kills, no bullet missed etc.

Best way to enjoy the game as a silver is to look in the mirror, admit you're not as good as other players, and strive to do better. Or just play a game you're better at?

G1 tried to protect the noobs. It failed. It was a bad idea then and a bad idea now. Again, the fact of the matter is that threat segregation did NOTHING to protect the job noobs of San Paro and it did very little in helping retain new players. 

Why can't you just accept the fact that other (legit) players are better than you? Why do you have such a tough time admitting defeat? It is your attitude and your beliefs that has caused the decline of APB. When you shout that everyone is a hacker without proof it looks really bad for the game. G1 took a gamble and catered to the silvers and casuals of APB. It failed. They failed. Bad gamble. 

AngelicLie

AngelicLie

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 25-April 17

Considering I have over 5000 hours in the game and haven't found "gold car surfing volcano users" to be a huge problem I think my argument is valid. Good luck winning missions if you're only using explosives and car surfing. Maybe that is why you find the game hard? 

lmao, and I said this game was hard when ?

Link me to some of your game play videos, I would love to see such a self admitted uber gold as yourself in action .

If your as amazing as a player as you state, surely you have video of yourself .

Post some links !!! 

EDIT;

I would also love to see some vids of you taking on 2 volcanoe users at the same time and defeting both players point blank and at 100m

POST SOME LINKS TO YOUR GAME PLAY !!

Edited by AngelicLie, Yesterday, 11:20 AM.

hIf5g9M.png

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7236 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

lmao, and I said this game was hard when ?

Link me to some of your game play videos, I would love to see such a self admitted uber gold as yourself in action .

If your as amazing as a player as you state, surely you have video of yourself .

Post some links !!!

EDIT;

I would also love to see some vids of you taking on 2 volcanoe users at the same time and defeting both players point blank and at 100m

POST SOME LINKS TO YOUR GAME PLAY !!

Just wanna say that most decent/halfway decent people don't record their gameplay.

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

Just wanna say that most decent/halfway decent people don't record their gameplay.

most cheaters you mean haha xDDD

AngelicLie

AngelicLie

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 25-April 17

... because ...

most cheaters you mean haha xDDD

... this ^^^ ....

SOOOO how about this then .

If you ( these self proclaimed uber players ) cant produce footage of your game play, or a stream, you cant say a damn thing about the "skill" level of other players .

Seriously ...

Either produce footage / stream , or stfu !!!

Thanks in advance :)

hIf5g9M.png

SilverSilver

SilverSilver

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 13-March 14

I've been gone for 3 years and yet some people still wont admit that they're pretty bad.

If you have two volcanoe users and im going to assume one driver all one team then ill again assume they're a premade team and ill also assume you went with "match making" pub group that normally have poor team work and communication 

it basically ends up being 1v3 most of the time.

You're bad your teamwork is bad and this whining drives away new players. Not everybody hacks, not everybody is out to get you.

git the gud

12:12 - APB had almost 10k concurrent players in 2013

18:14 - People spend money when they feel invested in it's continuation and will not spend anything if they think the game will be gone in 3 weeks.
20:05 - With 10k players online, APB was generating a revenue of $1+m a month
24:00 - You need a good service to keep the players - servers, tutorial etc
25:10 - Life-time value of a player who creates forum account is 2 times of the player who only logs in. More likely to spend money. LTV of player who posts on the forum is 3 times. 

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

... because ...

... this ^^^ ....

If you ( these self proclaimed uber players ) cant produce footage of your game play, or a stream, you cant say a damn thing about the "skill" level of other players .

Seriously ...

i dunno how much more clear i could have made it that the post was satirical

i actually agree with flavortownjenni that most players considered good dont record, in my experience

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8473 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

i dunno how much more clear i could have made it that the post was satirical

i actually agree with flavortownjenni that most players considered good dont record, in my experience

Most really don't record. Only a small handful do.

Though i do know plenty of cheaters who have recorded and been banned.

Edited by Noob_Guardian, Yesterday, 07:59 PM.

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Add Hue and Contrast Change in Video Options

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8473 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

... because ...

... this ^^^ ....

Seriously ...

You must be a troll, most skilled players don't need to record, let alone stream to prove anything. I would but my computer can't handle streaming and APB at the same time on APB despite having a gtx 970 and fx 8300 but hey, lets pretend that every skilled player out there has an intel xxxx computer that is capable of streaming and playing APB at the same time with 0 lag fps or latency hindering their gameplay.

I'll happily admit I can compete against every other skilled player I know except for like... 1 premade group of 4 and 2 others, who have the godliest aim and game sense for a "legit" player in existence. Oh you thought you could "flank"? lets just flank that flank, and then flank the flank of that flank by being 150m FROM the objective. Makes sense right?

I've gotten plenty of matches where I and 1 enemy on my opposing team were carrying our teams against eachother at high tier play. I die my team gets wipes, he died his team did, both of us having 20+ kills and ~10 deaths, while our teamates were all 15+ deaths and ~5-10 kills. Those matches are funny. http://steamcommunit...s/?id=739618422

Edited by Noob_Guardian, Yesterday, 08:19 PM.

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Add Hue and Contrast Change in Video Options

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7236 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

... because ...
... this ^^^ ....

Seriously ...

*sigh*

Did someone put lead in the water supply?

CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

AngelicLie

AngelicLie

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 25-April 17

*sigh*

Did someone put lead in the water supply?

Honestly, I have only seen you playing asylum Jenni, and never in an action district , honestly mostly in social .

I have rolled you so many times in fight club over the years I can personally say you have no room to talk or add your 2 cents about anyone's skill level , but at least your legit as far as I can tell , which is good.

as for the rest of you forum trolls , xxx, xxxxxx, xxbannedxxx, xxxurmomxxx, zombie$h!tcake, memeregurgitator, reses$h!ts, whatever the hell you people choose to name yourselves these days, 95% of you have been banned repeatedly for hacking and somehow want us to believe your legit and FF "falsely banned you" and that your sooOOOoo good at this game .... ffs

Straight up, either produce game play footage of LEGIT game play showcasing your uber skills, or stfu , its that simple, because honestly your opinion of others game play isn't worth $h!t if you cant put your money were your mouth is and you have no place telling legit players to "git gud" when you can't even prove your "gud"  with legit game play footage, understand ??

On the real, until any of you "uber players" produce legit game play footage, your just a bunch of bronze scrubs using programs to reach the level of legit players like myself and that's all you will ever be .

Put up or shut up, because I know I'm not the only one sick of reading the constant BS that flies out of your finger tips and infects these forums daily .

Its not the "golds in bronze" or the "max ranks in bronze" that ruin this game and these forums, its you people , 100 .

Edited by AngelicLie, Today, 12:21 AM.

hIf5g9M.png

Kiida

Kiida

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3404 posts
  • Joined 23-April 13

y'all just need to git gud

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7236 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

Honestly, I have only seen you playing asylum Jenni, and never in an action district , honestly mostly in social .
I have rolled you so many times in fight club over the years I can personally say you have no room to talk or add your 2 cents about anyone's skill level , but at least your legit as far as I can tell , which is good.

Watch out people, we got an APB PRO over here.

Since you've seen me in Asylum, you'd probably notice that CaramelJenni is R255. Unless things have changed in the time it's been since I've seriously played APB, the only way to rank up is to do missions.

(Here's something for you, I don't do missions on my main crim because she's max rank, and the last time I looked, there wasn't any new content, so no reason to put up with the arduous task of leveling a character, as it just isn't worth it.)

So, seeing as that I've taken a character all the way to 255 (mind you, I spent a lot of time not doing missions at both 195 and 235), I've come across my fare share of opposition. Some exceptionally good, some exceptionally horrible.

In that time, one thing I've noticed is that there's a sizable portion of people that are not that good at this game, but vehemently refuse to acknowledge such. They're quick to use the "cheater" excuse, instead of admitting that they messed up.

I think my experience since Open Beta allows me to put my two cents in, tyvm.

Also, who the hell are you anyways? Your name doesn't ring a bell.

as for the rest of you forum trolls , xxx, xxxxxx, xxbannedxxx, xxxurmomxxx, zombie$h!tcake, memeregurgitator, reses$h!ts, whatever the hell you people choose to name yourselves these days, 95% of you have been banned repeatedly for hacking and somehow want us to believe your legit and FF "falsely banned you" and that your sooOOOoo good at this game .... ffs

Straight up, either produce game play footage of LEGIT game play showcasing your uber skills, or stfu , its that simple, because honestly your opinion of others game play isn't worth $h!t if you cant put your money were your mouth is and you have no place telling legit players to "git gud" when you can't even prove your "gud" with legit game play footage, understand ??

On the real, until any of you "uber players" produce legit game play footage, your just a bunch of bronze scrubs using programs to reach the level of legit players like myself and that's all you will ever be .

Put up or shut up, because I know I'm not the only one sick of reading the constant BS that flies out of your finger tips and infects these forums daily .

Its not the "golds in bronze" or the "max ranks in bronze" that ruin this game and these forums, its you people , 100 .

Seriously, why do you sound upset here? It's a freaking game, why the flying f do you even care?

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3353 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Straight up, either produce game play footage of LEGIT game play showcasing your uber skills, or stfu , its that simple, because honestly your opinion of others game play isn't worth $h!t if you cant put your money were your mouth is and you have no place telling legit players to "git gud" when you can't even prove your "gud"  with legit game play footage, understand ??

I think you’re a good person, and i hope you have a long and happy life.

Kittens are evil.

69tZxRU.jpg 

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

~snip~

Citadel or Jericho?

Im just curious if I know your toons.

And yeah, there are definitely some very good players in APB. (not me)

Edited by CookiePuss, Today, 06:13 AM.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

AngelicLie

AngelicLie

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 25-April 17

Seriously, why do you sound upset here? It's a freaking game, why the flying f do you even care?

we have been on this forum since OBT/ launch era , you and I , thats why I care .

our favorite game, and arguably the best game ever created in the world is in the worst state it has ever been .

the forums are in the worst state I have ever seen them, mainly because of the people who frequent them every day .

new / newer players cant even come and ask questions or give their opinion or they get " ur just bad , git gud" spammed at them by the forum warriors .

these same condescending  forum warriors / losers that get banned over and over again and make new accounts simply to troll these newer players without consequence, and without proof of even possessing any type of skill at all . and I'm calling them out on it .

Hence my challenge to these "uber" players

Set a camera / cell phone on the table behind you, or on a tripod and record your game play footage, because this excuse "my puter cant handle recording at the same time I play" is BS , complete nonsense .

Your so great at this game you feel you can tell everyone to "git gud" , then prove it !!

Put your camera / cell phone on the table behind you, or on a tripod and record your game play footage, that easy .

This way we can see you computer screen and confirm your game play is legit and you are indeed this uber player you claim to be.

I am willing to bet not a single one of you "uber players" / forums trolls will do it, not one !!

So on that note,  STFU, and stop telling new / newer / players to "git gud" because when you run them off of the forums with your BS, you hurt this game and I for one am sick of it .

If we want to continue playing this great game you guys, we need to put these morons in their place or soon we will have no game to play .

Look at /pop at peak times Jenni .... 450 tops ??? really ?

This doesnt bother you guys in the least ?? 

I know the forum warriors / trolls could care less, but the rest of us, are we to just sit here and say nothing to these losers, really ??

Neither you nor I would even be here Jenni, or come back here to check up on the game if we didnt care .

Word 2, Kemp, Kiida, Savyara, Coffee Monkey, AsgerLund, LilyV3, Bellenettiel, .Ghost, Kewlin ... ALL of you older / original players , you guys cant tell me you dont care either .

I know these forums have been toxic since day one, are we so used to it that we just sit here and let it get continuously worse ?

This game is our love, our past time, the game we go back to over and over again after we get sick of playing every single new game that comes out .

That alone should MAKE you guys care .

If G1 doesn't care to ban these people, then it is up to US to make them all so very uncomfortable, so utterly rejected by the people they try to impress around here, that they simply go away  .

If we continue to ignore them, we in effect enable this kind of trolling / abuse from these people .

OUR silence is enabling them to continue to act like this and they will continue to run this game and forums into the ground if we stay silent .

So yeah, I care, YOU care, we all care , so I decided to finally call them out .

No footage, no video, no stream  = STFU and anything you say is invalid .

If we dont take a stand, no one else will, G1 has made that crystal clear , think about it ...

/rant

Edited by AngelicLie, Today, 09:49 AM.

hIf5g9M.png

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1681 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

wheres ur gameplay videos

ur not a big owner until you post videos proof

also im pretty sure ive never cried false ban

AngelicLie

AngelicLie

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 25-April 17

wheres ur gameplay videos

ur not a big owner until you post videos proof

You guys have all seem them before , but I got my tripod out, and tonight Ill make the vid over my shoulder , no worries .

Already planned to do so , mainly because I want to see who here, if anyone,  has the same big brass cahonies I do .

Ill start the trend, even link it to my youtube channel, and put the link in my sig, and earn my right to give my  LEGIT 2 cents on anyone skills , and also take the abuse and "git gud" , " LTP " , " ur bad" from all the trolls about this vid .

But remember trolls, if you dont post a vid like mine , over your shoulders, it goes right back to stfu and quit harassing other players in or out of the forums .

:)

Edited by AngelicLie, Today, 12:02 PM.

hIf5g9M.png

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3244 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

love people using the whole cheater excuse even though there's cheaters in bronze too

lol

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. Character commissions open! Send a PM.

RadeonPro

RadeonPro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

Why? Because the game population is extreme low and usually golds play in sliver districts, which i do. But also some people don't have a conscience, so they play in bronze to pick on people. Its disgusting, but it is the way it is. Game is dying, that's why there are no full active gold servers anymore and i don't even think the devs or staff care. Because if they did, they would have better fix this game to be better already so more players can play.

Doufous

Doufous

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 23-December 15
Hey iam green

SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Joined 05-April 13

love people using the whole cheater excuse even though there's cheaters in bronze too

lol

While this is true.  But due to how inefficient Fair Fight is at catching them in a timely manner.  When they are able to hide the cheating for weeks / months at a time before getting caught.  The bulk of the cancer ends up in silver districts.

Edited by SuperFuzz, Today, 06:51 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users