• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

nuvibe

nuvibe

Novice

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 19-July 15
Recently I've been thinking of returning to FE and doing some research and finding reports of lag etc and disgruntled players I find myself asking the question why game is still running?

Despite its flaws I feel compelled to wander the wasteland again and just soak up the atmosphere and absorb the beautiful vistas. Would I be wasting my time?

jk0h

jk0h

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 24-March 12

Whats wrong with it for you?

StubbyClaps

StubbyClaps

Conscript

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

The state of the server is really bad atm. The weekly resets barely help with the lag. Chat, looting, sorting vaults and alot more are affected by the bad state of the server. Apparantly there are no members on the dev team and G1 dosnt even do events like xmas or anniversaries anymore. According to an insider because noone is on the dev team, noone can turn on the events or even do anything with the server.

Heavehoe

nuvibe

nuvibe

Novice

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 19-July 15
The server issues are the main reasons I haven't reinstalled and tried it. Still I haven't got rid of that itch to try it again. I'd never been a fan of sand box games before preferring to be breadcrumbed from quest to quest but FE drew me in.

Should I just go for it heh

miketam

miketam

Novice

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 25-August 14

Well its debatable if the game is running...theoretically it is...but with the amount of lag we have at the moment..its more crawling along on its belly.

pls fix.

Eregorn9

Eregorn9

Initiate

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-September 17

Lag tends to appear every now and then. But there are times when it's decent enough that it'll be enjoyable to play. It's up to you if your willing to be patient enough to wait for theses moments. Personally, I don't find it that tiresome as I also spend time on other games to occupy my time. And every once and a while I'll check in to see if it's all good, if so then I'll enjoy some time playing.

nuvibe

nuvibe

Novice

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 19-July 15
Well I took the plunge and reinstalled. Chat was way quieterer than almost 2 years so. Quite a few lag spikes which really didn't detract from me doing the first few quests. Like you I might just keep it installed this time and dive in when I feel like it. On my first character I had 330 hours logged and still didn't reach level cap, just hitting 51.

nuvibe

nuvibe

Novice

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 19-July 15

Well logged in today (13 Sept') Chat lag was horrendous. Quests when accepted didn't add to journal, at a guess 4 people online. It's such a shame that a game of this potential is left to rot. Can a company called "Gamersfirst" really be puting gamers first? 

Please do the right thing and either pull the plug or address issues

Fiona Dexter

Fiona Dexter

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 13-June 13

Welcome to the lagpocalypse.

Rygaku

Rygaku

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 27-March 15

The state of the server is really bad atm. The weekly resets barely help with the lag. Chat, looting, sorting vaults and alot more are affected by the bad state of the server. Apparantly there are no members on the dev team and G1 dosnt even do events like xmas or anniversaries anymore. According to an insider because noone is on the dev team, noone can turn on the events or even do anything with the server.

They should hire active players to do events hell i would hold a event. I would work for free that's because i love this game. 

StubbyClaps

StubbyClaps

Conscript

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

They should hire active players to do events hell i would hold a event. I would work for free that's because i love this game. 

The faction Oblivion still holds events every once in awhile. A decent amount of players actually show up to them which is awesome. There used to be WAY more player ran events, however due to low player count and players being banned, events like the crafters market dont happen anymore.

Heavehoe

Henrymies

Henrymies

Conscript

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Joined 06-May 17

More like why "G1" is still running?

Oh i don't even play FE!

Edited by Henrymies, 15 September 2017 - 01:37 AM.

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • 3296 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

More like why "G1" is still running?

Oh i don't even play FE!

Get back to your own forum section, you!!!

giphy.gif

69tZxRU.jpg 

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • 4485 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Oi, fellas, Asger told me to come here, so I did.

3204840swsw.gif

On topic: I don't think they have a clue on how to take this game down, which is the only rational explination of why it's still running.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users