Photo

Color filters change through the day cycle (ugly)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

the game snaps to different filters  and mommy during the day. Bloom is automatically disabled during the mid day cycle and midnight cycle for some reason.

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

The game keeps getting worse kek its over

ZombiePoperon

ZombiePoperon

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 10-July 17

The X Files song is classic

Edited by ZombiePoperon, 11 August 2017 - 08:50 PM.

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Obvious Lesbian

Obvious Lesbian

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts
  • Joined 28-July 14

y not use ur reel voice

r u a girl pretending to be a man

qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Emotional - Burvington

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

y not use ur reel voice

r u a girl pretending to be a man

On the internet that sort of thing is normally the other way around LOL

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Very sure that's not a color filter changing but rather bloom changing.  What was funny was when the actual color filter DID change but the video focused more on the bloom intensity dropping.

Should work on making a serious video if you want to be taken seriously though.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1
 [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: Help, I've fallen and i cant get up!

Obvious Lesbian

Obvious Lesbian

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts
  • Joined 28-July 14

On the internet that sort of thing is normally the other way around LOL

poor excuse

just admint ur a fake man

qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Emotional - Burvington

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

poor excuse

I use a voice changer. 

Im really an 80 year old woman.

there... I said it

Edited by CookiePuss, 12 August 2017 - 01:09 PM.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

Very sure that's not a color filter changing but rather bloom changing.  What was funny was when the actual color filter DID change but the video focused more on the bloom intensity dropping.

Should work on making a serious video if you want to be taken seriously though.

I'm just lazy af

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1437 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

Just use custom shaders to get rid of the bloom and color overlay. It's not like they really ban players for it. For example, summit is still not banned even though he uses a shader crosshair. Not that they play much anyway.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 12 August 2017 - 03:33 PM.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

Just use custom shaders to get rid of the bloom and color overlay. It's not like they really ban players for it. For example, summit is still not banned even though he uses a shader crosshair. Not that they play much anyway.

you got it wrong, this game NEEDS bloom, but only on things like the sky during the day, stars at night and buildings, and emissive textures (lights and lightstrips). The bloom was pretty good in RTW, maybe sometimes it was a bit too much, but that was still better than what we have now.

more like this picture here

wgxRvQ3.jpg

In this older version of the game you could actually see at night, there was no blue lamp light coming from the moon, only light from the city, and lights actually looked like lights.

no color grading or filters or any of the garbage G1 added. The current game we have no looks horrible. I wish it could look like it used to.

Edited by IAmDisappointSon, 12 August 2017 - 04:34 PM.

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

you got it wrong, this game NEEDS bloom, but only on things like the sky during the day, stars at night and buildings, and emissive textures (lights and lightstrips). The bloom was pretty good in RTW, maybe sometimes it was a bit too much, but that was still better than what we have now.

wgxRvQ3.jpg

In this older version of the game you could actually see at night, there was no blue lamp light coming from the moon, only light from the city, and lights actually looked like lights.

no color grading or filters or any of the garbage G1 added. The current game we have no looks horrible. I wish it could look like it used to.

People seem to use this image a lot and talk about it like its good but it really isn't.  The bloom in this image is WAY too high.

Was better during OBT, in terms of bloom anyways.

OCa9xlg.jpg

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

People seem to use this image a lot and talk about it like its good but it really isn't.  The bloom in this image is WAY too high.

Was better during OBT, in terms of bloom anyways.

OCa9xlg.jpg

That's an image from G1's early version of APB. RTW's version of APB looks completely different

can't you see yourself how different this image is from the one I posted? notice how the bloom is a different shape, and how everything looks lower quality. that's what G1 did. 

It doesn't look like this anymore, but our graphics now aren't as good as the ones from RTW

Edited by IAmDisappointSon, 12 August 2017 - 05:49 PM.

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

wgxRvQ3.jpg

Its all subjective... but to me, this looks freaking terrible.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18265 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

Its all subjective... but to me, this looks freaking terrible.

yeah it is becuse the lights are way too unnaturall bright and this kilsl how it looks like. However the current color filters are horrible at all as it contains way too much red

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

That's an image from G1's early version of APB. RTW's version of APB looks completely different

can't you see yourself how different this image is from the one I posted? notice how the bloom is a different shape, and how everything looks lower quality. that's what G1 did. 

It doesn't look like this anymore, but our graphics now aren't as good as the ones from RTW

Exactly why i posted it, the RTW image you posted has disgusting bloom.  Not to mention its a promotional image so of course everything looks better.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

Exactly why i posted it, the RTW image you posted has disgusting bloom.  Not to mention its a promotional image so of course everything looks better.

so you're telling me G1/RP's blobby blocky low quality bloom and horribly saturated colors are better than RTW?

The bloom in the image I posted isn't too much, and it isn't even that bright. It just gives lights a glow, and looks higher quality.

If the bloom is somehow too bright, your monitor must be set to max brightness. and if you think the bloom is disgusting, in RTW you could disable bloom and the game wouldn't go completely dark and desaturated like G1/RP's version. In RTW the game looked good with bloom AND without bloom enabled.

I also want to take the time to compare daytime

Look at this comparison shot during day time in social. The image at the top is from RTW, and the image on the bottom is from the current game 2017

RTW  APB: All Points Bulletin

ALYpvIw.jpg

G1/RP 2017 APB: Reloaded

v8zh0f0.png

Another thing I want to point out besides how horribly color was ruined by G1, is that G1 made the clouds 2D and blocky. In RTW they used to look 3D with variations in shading on the clouds giving them a better look.

Edited by IAmDisappointSon, 13 August 2017 - 03:33 PM.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3921 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

wgxRvQ3.jpg

That honestly looks pretty awful.  It might look okay in a screenshot but actually playing like that?  Ew.  Besides that was from before the RTWs release.  RTW fixed the extreme bloom issue by the time APB died.  Then G1 made even more improvements at the beginning of Reloaded beta.  The one Skitty posted looks much much better in my opinion.  It's way more playable like that.  I mean you DON'T think the bloom in the screenshot you posted looks blobby?  It's like someone smeared vaseline on the damn screen.

The screenshot Skitty posted was from the same period in the game's development as this one:

Game+Tips+And+More+Screenshot+-+APB+2011

There just used to be a chance of overcast and fog.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 13 August 2017 - 03:55 PM.

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

so you're telling me G1/RP's blobby blocky low quality bloom and horribly saturated colors are better than RTW?

The bloom in the image I posted isn't too much, and it isn't even that bright. It just gives lights a glow, and looks higher quality.

If the bloom is somehow too bright, your monitor must be set to max brightness. and if you think the bloom is disgusting, in RTW you could disable bloom and the game wouldn't go completely dark and desaturated like G1/RP's version. In RTW the game looked good with bloom AND without bloom enabled.

I also want to take the time to compare daytime

Look at this comparison shot during day time in social. The image at the top is from RTW, and the image on the bottom is from the current game 2017

RTW  APB: All Points Bulletin

ALYpvIw.jpg

G1/RP 2017 APB: Reloaded

v8zh0f0.png

Another thing I want to point out besides how horribly color was ruined by G1, is that G1 made the clouds 2D and blocky. In RTW they used to look 3D with variations in shading on the clouds giving them a better look.

I never played RTW, i was around during beta testing in RTW but never got the chance to do much with my slow net at the time. But for me personally, the game looked its best back in Open Beta which was 2011.  Image i posted was Jun 16 2011.

Don't think anyone thinks the current game looks good, but it looked great in 2011.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1

Nymphi

Nymphi

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Joined 11-July 17

Don't think anyone thinks the current game looks good, but it looked great in 2011.

This.

The shaders need to be changed back to before the first Halloween (I think that is when the shader file got replaced). The light coming from the ground is stupid.

SEKzu3Z.png

Creator of the GREATEST APB Event Ever.

R.I.P. - Nymphi R255 Enforcer DoubIeDee R249 Criminal - 37 account-wide guns, account wide vehicles, nearly every clothing pack, numerous skins, special event rewards, and 4,500+ hours and $1000.

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

This.

The shaders need to be changed back to before the first Halloween (I think that is when the shader file got replaced). The light coming from the ground is stupid.

speaking of things the halloween updates did, I realized through an experience that even the current APB of 2017 doesn't look all that bad at night; however, the only way to see the good part is to be literally over 100 meters in the air. Turns out that most of what makes the sky and building looks super dark and depressing at night, is the black fog. 

lots of people probably already figured this, but the real extent of damage the black fog has done is evident in this video!!!!!!

Behold the light and clarity of San paro from above the literal shroud of darkness

still looks like mommy at night, still looks like mommy at day, can't wait for the engine upgrade to fix the visuals

Edited by IAmDisappointSon, 14 August 2017 - 12:43 AM.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3921 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

speaking of things the halloween updates did, I realized through an experience that even the current APB of 2017 doesn't look all that bad at night; however, the only way to see the good part is to be literally over 100 meters in the air. Turns out that most of what makes the sky and building looks super dark and depressing at night, is the black fog. 

Yup just like I've been saying!  If they just make the fog orange again like it used to be it'll look a hell of a lot better!  It's really visible in Waterfront if you park on the overpass and look toward financial in the distance.  The lower part of the city is dead and dark, while the sky above it is lighter. That black shroud was supposed to be light emanating from the city, but whenever they made the changes to the visuals for some reason someone thought it was a good idea to make the light black.  What pisses me off the most about this is how easy of a fix it would be.  All they would have to do is change the color value for the fog at a few specific times of the day and boom, night doesn't look dead.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 14 August 2017 - 07:36 AM.

xertioN

xertioN

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Joined 15-July 15

poor excuse

This is ironic and hilarious

Edited by xertioN, 14 August 2017 - 08:06 AM.

AMG, 3K

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

Yup just like I've been saying!  If they just make the fog orange again like it used to be it'll look a hell of a lot better!  It's really visible in Waterfront if you park on the overpass and look toward financial in the distance.  The lower part of the city is dead and dark, while the sky above it is lighter. That black shroud was supposed to be light emanating from the city, but whenever they made the changes to the visuals for some reason someone thought it was a good idea to make the light black.  What pisses me off the most about this is how easy of a fix it would be.  All they would have to do is change the color value for the fog at a few specific times of the day and boom, night doesn't look dead.

they make the game look like this and I'd be busting my nut everywhere

G5bmQ90l.jpg

It's definitely not going to happen because they have their own style for the engine upgrade, but when they do release the engine upgrade, it better look nice at night, and not like some light bulb moon shining down with everything with it all desaturated. They better also bring back high quality bloom so those lights be looking light lights again. 

Edited by IAmDisappointSon, 14 August 2017 - 07:07 PM.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3921 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

they make the game look like this and I'd be busting my nut everywhere

G5bmQ90l.jpg

It's definitely not going to happen because they have their own style for the engine upgrade, but when they do release the engine upgrade, it better look nice at night, and not like some light bulb moon shining down with everything with it all desaturated. They better also bring back high quality bloom so those lights be looking light lights again. 

There ya go, that looks much better than that other screenshot you posted.  THAT is how a city as bright as San Paro should look at night.  I'd be satisfied with that look, but the mid 2011 visuals will still always hold a special place in my heart  :3

Edit:  Actually, come to think of it, this look fits Financial better while the mid 2011 look fits Waterfront better.  If you're in the middle of Financial and you look up at the sky, it's going to look pretty bright, but Waterfront is smaller (vertically) so lights wouldn't be shining as high up which would leave us with the pretty glow that we get from looking inward at the city from Baylan, but not completely illuminating the whole sky.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 15 August 2017 - 07:02 AM.

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

There ya go, that looks much better than that other screenshot you posted.  THAT is how a city as bright as San Paro should look at night.  I'd be satisfied with that look, but the mid 2011 visuals will still always hold a special place in my heart  :3

Edit:  Actually, come to think of it, this look fits Financial better while the mid 2011 look fits Waterfront better.  If you're in the middle of Financial and you look up at the sky, it's going to look pretty bright, but Waterfront is smaller (vertically) so lights wouldn't be shining as high up which would leave us with the pretty glow that we get from looking inward at the city from Baylan, but not completely illuminating the whole sky.

I'd love if we got the RTW graphics back, everytime I look at pictures or videos it just makes me more confused because it always seems like G1/RP is trying more and more to use more color grading and thicker fog, just making the game look worse. All they have to do is Revert the graphics back to the RTW visuals and the game would look like a professionally made title. Right now G1's graphics just make it look like an indie game. 

All of this is in vain because we all know G1/RP would never give us back the old better graphics. And I don't think the engine upgrade's visuals would be able to compete with RTW, but if the engine upgrade looks good on release, that alone would satisfy me and I'd shut my mouth lol.

A suggestion: For the engine upgrade they should make it so we have nice bloom that makes lights, stars and the sky have this nice glow(preferably the star cross style from RTW), but also make it so if you disable bloom it won't make the game super dark. Because obviously people like bloom, and other people hate bloom so make it so if someone disables the video option, the game won't go dark.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3921 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Here's what was posted on their blog.  It's the PC engine update as of June 2nd 2016.

APBR_May16_Screenshot01.jpg

APBR_May16_Screenshot03.jpg

This whole situation is weird for me, because I usually don't care much about graphics.  But Just the fact that the graphics got worse over time really bugs me.  

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

Here's what was posted on their blog.  It's the PC engine update as of June 2nd 2016.

APBR_May16_Screenshot01.jpg

APBR_May16_Screenshot03.jpg

This whole situation is weird for me, because I usually don't care much about graphics.  But Just the fact that the graphics got worse over time really bugs me.  

Look at the very bottom right image, financial at night. it's like there's no lights at all in the city. Every emissive texture just looks like some object painted a bland color. there doesn't seem to be lights from buildings, the 3P sign was supposed to be lit up with red text, but now the text just looks like it was painted on, and we still got the light bulb moon and no light pollution. what gives?

it looks like we got a bit of bloom back, but for some reason everything other than the lights has bloom and the lights look even more dull in the engine upgrade pictures, this is so confusing.

Also noticed blob shadows still don't work in the engine upgrade

but besides all that, it's still a major improvement over the current 2017 graphics

Edited by IAmDisappointSon, 15 August 2017 - 12:13 PM.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3921 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Look at the very bottom right image, financial at night. it's like there's no lights at all in the city. Every emissive texture just looks like some object painted a bland color. there doesn't seem to be lights from buildings, the 3P sign was supposed to be lit up with red text, but now the text just looks like it was painted on, and we still got the light bulb moon and no light pollution. what gives?

it looks like we got a bit of bloom back, but for some reason everything other than the lights has bloom and the lights look even more dull in the engine upgrade pictures, this is so confusing.

Also noticed blob shadows still don't work in the engine upgrade

but besides all that, it's still a major improvement over the current 2017 graphics

Yeah but keep in mind this was from long before the console version of the EU was even out, so improvements may have been made since.  Would be cool if @Tiggs would comment on it and maybe post a lil something like a screenshot if anything visual has changed.

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

Yeah but keep in mind this was from long before the console version of the EU was even out, so improvements may have been made since.  Would be cool if @Tiggs would comment on it and maybe post a lil something like a screenshot if anything visual has changed.

I only started using the forums recently so idk what difference it makes putting @ infront of someones name, but anyways @Tiggs should really post screenshots of the engine upgrade. Create some hype for the release, get us all excited. :)

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

I only started using the forums recently so idk what difference it makes putting @ infront of someones name, but anyways @Tiggs should really post screenshots of the engine upgrade. Create some hype for the release, get us all excited. :)

Just look at the console versions.

It is, after all, the new engine.

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13
Frankly, the most privileged players of APB are those who run the game on the Minimal preset through the Advanced Launcher in 1024x768 resolution. Always stable 60-ish+ FPS regardless of comp specs, pretty much sheltered from ugly designs some people insist on, very little smoke issues, edgy stream look, and what's best of all, the ability to be completely unconcern with Engine Upgrade.

Spoiler

XaMA1nH.jpg

~Living in a world of smart phones and stupid people~

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3921 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

On most forums it'll notify the person that you're talking about so they'll see the thread.  No idea if it works here though.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users