Photo

HAN server move to Japan without any notification?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

burvingtoN

burvingtoN

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 06-May 15

So it looks like HAN has been moved to Japan without any notification to players. Aussie players still use the server. I feel this is wrong. Even if it was going to happen. A forum post would have been good. My ms was 90 and now its 160. The Japanese players are now on 1 ms. So it's not just server lag. 

Has it been moved G1? Fess up.

burvingtonpsr.jpg

aisora

aisora

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14

got 10ms now

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9766 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

don't mean to be mean, but..

people still play on hans? 

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Waleed007

Waleed007

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 11-March 17

i do everyday. but everyday only 50-70 players online :(  

waiting for engine upgrade.

╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger

╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1391 posts
  • Joined 01-April 12
o boi how did that happen? I thought the reason it was moved to USA was because it was not profitable to keep it in Asia...

More like people still play this game?

Edited by ╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger, 20 July 2017 - 05:28 AM.

54498821_zpse15a08ed.jpg

Q1 2014

Magnuslebanc

Magnuslebanc

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 19-December 13

Lots of us still play this game, your statement is outdated and over used.

o boi how did that happen? I thought the reason it was moved to USA was because it was not profitable to keep it in Asia...

More like people still play this game?

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4404 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Well, Kylo sure didn't play around.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

EvangeIyne

EvangeIyne

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Joined 28-June 13

Lots of us still play this game, your statement is outdated and over used.

'Lots of us' is pretty subjective, it's all relative; 600 to 800 players doesn't fall within the gaming industry's median player-base average.

APB:R is a dying meme for good reasons.

It's just bad and poorly supported, saying otherwise is just delusional.

'Bright lattices of logic unfolding across that colourless void.'

dgHBTZY.png

vjVWoGM.png

Kiida

Kiida

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3334 posts
  • Joined 23-April 13

Lots

26f675a772856bf70bb9ffe6356ce620.png

So many.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5149 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Yes, the Han servers were moved from Singapore to Tokyo.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

underused

underused

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

Can you tell us anything about that post about shutting down from last night? Is it true or is it just some photoshop? 

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

'Lots of us' is pretty subjective, it's all relative; 600 to 800 players doesn't fall within the gaming industry's median player-base average.

Damn you and your "facts" and "logic" and "reason".

These have no place on the APB forums. ;-p

Edited by CookiePuss, 20 July 2017 - 08:51 AM.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5149 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Can you tell us anything about that post about shutting down from last night? Is it true or is it just some photoshop? 

I have no idea what post you're referring to. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

underused

underused

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

The one that someone posted with a document which states shutting down of APB and is signed by Tech.

Kevkof1994

Kevkof1994

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Joined 12-March 13

The one that someone posted with a document which states shutting down of APB and is signed by Tech.

The original link to the removed thread: http://forums.gamers...his-right-here/

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5149 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

The original link to the removed thread: http://forums.gamers...his-right-here/

Obviously that's not real and it's taken from either a volunteer contract or a contractors contract. Not to mention Frank hasn't worked with us in a long while now. 

underused

underused

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

Obviously that's not real and it's taken from either a volunteer contract or a contractors contract. Not to mention Frank hasn't worked with us in a long while now. 

Thanks for the heads up 

burvingtoN

burvingtoN

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 06-May 15

Was there a reason behind this Tiggs? Why was there no notification? This effects a lot of players latency.

burvingtonpsr.jpg

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4404 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

How do you define "no 'new' news"?

yv7Wtyf.jpg

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Was there a reason behind this Tiggs? Why was there no notification? This effects a lot of players latency.

PSR + Low Yields?

You sir, are lucky anyone talks to you at all.

Edited by CookiePuss, 20 July 2017 - 01:36 PM.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

EvangeIyne

EvangeIyne

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Joined 28-June 13

are lucky anyone talks to you at all.

He plays on Han, there is no one to talk to.

'Bright lattices of logic unfolding across that colourless void.'

dgHBTZY.png

vjVWoGM.png

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1726 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

If only we had a CM who was here to post news and keep in touch with the company to relay this kind of information to the playerbase...

Edited by schlonganola, 20 July 2017 - 08:59 PM.

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5174 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

If only we had a CM who was here to post news and keep in touch with the company to relay this kind of information to the playerbase...

srsly, why is there no announcement for this?

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

i cant wait for the "apb is shutting down" tweet that goes out 3 days after the servers are unplugged

i gotta find myself a community manager job somewhere, assuming the positions arent filled by untrained monkeys first

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1307 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

srsly, why is there no announcement for this?

Cuz this is G1. Communication here is optional at best but more towards say nothing and drive away the playerbase faster.

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

Tw1ZtiD

Tw1ZtiD

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12

If you think for one second that Gamersfirst gives a hoot about its players or its supporters you are kidding yourself mate... Look at the state of the game, hackers in numbers as they do in this dam game, the engine upgrade not only how long its still taking but also that console owners were the first to get it when we the pc supporters basically paid for it and lets not start about the lack of new content (missions, contacts, contact rewards\unlocks, new rank cap)  [Insert entitlement] and what sucks is its still such a dam great game that i would start putting money into it hand over fist again like i used to but it would be as pointless now as it was back then.. I havent put money into this game for a couple of years mostly because if its not that ive bought everything i need or want then its because to have the money not go to waste id have to just make a new account and ive got six already lol, but besides that there's not even any motivation to play anymore its just the same missions with the same bullmommye...

icon_assaultrifle_cr5_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.pngicon_rifle_jokercarbine.pngicon_pistol_colbyclassic.png
           patriotvegasg20.png

burvingtoN

burvingtoN

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 06-May 15

I love the game. Still play it after all these years. I just find it very rude how a decision like this was made without any consulting of the community and even if it was going to be done, still no notification to let us know. It's just poor form. Although HAN has a very small player base. It has a lot of long time players from Australia and Asia in general. Obviously it doesn't hurt the Asian players as much as the Aussie players as they already had low ms before. Tiggs has still not actually supplied a reason for why this was done. I looked in the patch notes forum or new announcements. Nothing to be seen. It's unacceptable.

burvingtonpsr.jpg

Tw1ZtiD

Tw1ZtiD

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12

I love the game. Still play it after all these years. I just find it very rude how a decision like this was made without any consulting of the community and even if it was going to be done, still no notification to let us know. It's just poor form. Although HAN has a very small player base. It has a lot of long time players from Australia and Asia in general. Obviously it doesn't hurt the Asian players as much as the Aussie players as they already had low ms before. Tiggs has still not actually supplied a reason for why this was done. I looked in the patch notes forum or new announcements. Nothing to be seen. It's unacceptable.

Without a doubt i fully agree with you on that but you should know by know what Gamersfirst and GM's are like when it comes to communicating with their community, dam near hopeless.. lethargic deaf mutes are in control of it and that i think is where the problems are situated... But when you have hamster powering potato servers and ten chimps writing the best script code to combat Ddosing ect what more can you expect...

icon_assaultrifle_cr5_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.pngicon_rifle_jokercarbine.pngicon_pistol_colbyclassic.png
           patriotvegasg20.png

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5149 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

The server was moved closer to where it belongs, it was never meant to stay in LA (that was a temporary move), after all the server is HAN.   

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4404 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

The server was moved closer to where it belongs, it was never meant to stay in LA

giphy.gif

Answer one simple question: Why didn't you tell us up front?

Not a long time ago you told us there's no "new" news to tell, and now when a player found that something has changed and makes a post about it, all you can say is "Yes, it just happened"?!

Is there some kind of NDA still going in your office?

yv7Wtyf.jpg

burvingtoN

burvingtoN

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 06-May 15
What do you mean LA? The server was in Hong Kong not Los Angeles. Why was it moved to Japan? The point I'm trying to make is where the server was, was a happy medium for both asian and Australian players. By moving it to Japan you have made it better than it already was for asians and worse for aussie players. It was not warranted. I really wish it didnt happen as now more players will leave the game. HAN already has a low player base. This has just made it worse.

burvingtonpsr.jpg

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2250 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

explain this why is my ms EXACTLY the same.

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

Vir Tristis

Vir Tristis

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1353 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14

What do you mean LA? The server was in Hong Kong not Los Angeles. Why was it moved to Japan? The point I'm trying to make is where the server was, was a happy medium for both asian and Australian players. By moving it to Japan you have made it better than it already was for asians and worse for aussie players. It was not warranted. I really wish it didnt happen as now more players will leave the game. HAN already has a low player base. This has just made it worse.

You don't really have much knowledge of what has gone on around here do you.

HAN was relocated from Hong Kong to the same physical server room location as Colby NA West, when that was still a thing before the server merges, which was in Irvine, California, not all that far from Los Angeles, and was there for years.

Moving it to Japan actually moves it closer to both Australian and Asian players, not that there's many of them left.

Edited by Vir Tristis, 21 July 2017 - 07:40 PM.

3753642644_5e3f6c9524_o.jpg

burvingtoN

burvingtoN

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 06-May 15

HAN was relocated from Hong Kong to the same physical server room location as Colby NA West, when that was still a thing before the server merges, which was in Irvine, California, not all that far from Los Angeles, and was there for years.

Moving it to Japan actually moves it closer to both Australian and Asian players, not that there's many of them left.

Oh I see. Thank you for the clarification.

burvingtonpsr.jpg

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1307 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

It also means G1 is spending more money on a 2nd server room overseas with a diff tech team for a server that by all rights should be shut down with the severe low pop in it. Doesnt make sense to spend money on an empty server but then again this is G1.

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

burvingtoN

burvingtoN

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 06-May 15

My ms was 90 prior to this Japan move. Now its 160. Definitely doesn't work for aussies.

burvingtonpsr.jpg

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1307 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

My ms was 90 prior to this Japan move. Now its 160. Definitely doesn't work for aussies.

Odds are its an even cheaper server with a lower bandwidth net setup. G1 after all.

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

Tw1ZtiD

Tw1ZtiD

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12

Just got on and found my ping is now back to 250+ ,... and yet when the server was hosted in singapore i had 150+.. the funniest part is its 30+ higher then when the server was in cali and i was on a crap broadband connection.. Im using Australian NBN and yet still im worse off and better off by a 60+ drop in ping if i stay in jericho..  At least when the server was in singapore i could still visit han from time to time, now with its low player pop and this there pretty much isnt any point at all playing on that server.. Wish we could have all account bound upgrades on our previous purchases so the money spent on han accounts wouldnt go to waste.. a vet can dream right...    

Edited by Tw1ZtiD, 22 July 2017 - 12:58 AM.

patriotvegasg20.png

burvingtoN

burvingtoN

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 06-May 15

Yeah I'm on NBN too. 90 was great. 160. Not so much. Jericho is 200+. The low pop was one thing. I would still play with low pop and 90ms. It was already hard enough to play against good low ms asian players. With 90 it wasn't even. But it was very playable. 160 just makes it harder. Before on Colby there was no choice but to play with 180+. HAN gave us another option. Not anymore sadly.

burvingtonpsr.jpg

Zolerox

Zolerox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2250 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

I prefer lower population servers I just go where the latency is even though i spend most of my time in social.

(if you've seen the display points you know what i mean)

gamersfirst-logo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users