IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

Here we go

so basically nulander pioneers used to have suspension that put them a decent height off the ground and had good shock absorption, but now the pioneers are super low rider and are basically on the ground with absolutely zero shock absorption. if you run over a train track or any curb that's slightly too high, the whole vehicle will go like 20ft off the ground. obviously exaggerated that, but you get the idea. 

I find it annoying when driving, when you are chasing someone and you run over a rail track it will screw you over, and it just looks visually displeasing.

here is the suspension before

1tYQmer.jpg

u7cNQX4.jpg

30fnXVM.jpg

VEnypHN.jpg

pjjS5tg.jpg

and here's is the suspension after the bad changes

AGZQses.jpg

This issue is also present in the V20 Vegas, but I don't have any pictures. mostly the no shock absorption, but don't know about a change in suspension height for the Vegas.

I simply ask that the pioneers be raised back to the height depicted in the "before" pictures and have proper shock absorption added to the suspension. 

I don't know if the people in charge read these kind of posts, but I'd really appreciate it if something like this was taken into consideration and fixed in an update, possibly added with the engine update.

Descure

Descure

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 09-September 15

That's legit one of the least problems G1 has to worry about.

Synapze777

Synapze777

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Joined 01-March 11

Truer words wasn't spoken today.

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Truer words wasn't spoken today.

agreed

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

scheepy

scheepy

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 04-March 16

its even an approvement if you ask me xD realize how bad it actually looks that high with small rims(standard) ridiculous high then with abnormal small wheels for a SUV xD

YpmLErH.gif

#Noobs4life

DeathByStereo

DeathByStereo

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 30-August 14

What are you talking about? This problem must be addressed! Also here's a new Joker box with that. Enjoy.

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7295 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

That's not a problem at all.  Was likely an intended design choice since even in the new engine builds, the Pioneer hasn't had its suspension data restored but the Vegas has.

Nothing you can do about it.  It's not broken so nothing to fix.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1
 [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: Help, I've fallen and i cant get up!

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2161 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13

Maybe gaps have to do something with lags.

See, gaps, lags... 

Oh, never mind -.-

XaMA1nH.jpg

~Living in a world of smart phones and stupid people~

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

That's not a problem at all.  Was likely an intended design choice since even in the new engine builds, the Pioneer hasn't had its suspension data restored but the Vegas has.

Bouncing over the tiniest cracks causing loss of control is a design feature. Sounds about right from Reloaded.

I think they ripped the shocks off the Pioneer and stuck them on the Cisco. It sits higher in game than in the editor and the wheels hardly move even when doing a big jump.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 16 July 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7295 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Bouncing over the tiniest cracks causing loss of control is a design feature. Sounds about right from Reloaded.

I think they ripped the shocks off the Pioneer and stuck them on the Cisco. It sits higher in game than in the editor and the wheels hardly move even when doing a big jump.

That's something a bit different, the suspension rebound values are probably too stiff for 90 degree angles like curbs.  Train tracks are a terrible thing to drive over regardless though.  Be glad you weren't around when neither the Espacio or Pioneer didn't have proper suspension at all.

There's a lot more that goes into vehicle suspension though.  Nobody knows why they changed it and the fact is has never changed beyond making it less bricky likely means it's intentional and probably never will be changed unless a Dev decides otherwise.

Edited by SkittyM, 16 July 2017 - 03:08 PM.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1
 [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: Help, I've fallen and i cant get up!

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

its even an approvement if you ask me xD realize how bad it actually looks that high with small rims(standard) ridiculous high then with abnormal small wheels for a SUV xD

being too high is understandable, but it could at least be raised enough so the suspension actually does something instead of bottoming out constantly

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7204 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Honestly, I'd rather give up a little ease of driving for a better barrier.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1744 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14
This problem is killing the game tho.

Edited by Ignas / qsn, 17 July 2017 - 12:15 AM.

I'm bad 24/7.

JWhisper

JWhisper

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Joined 31-August 11

The way it is now is how it should be and how it was for years. Where have you been all this time?

I'm NSFW artist. If you're 18+ and you like smutty art, check my:

Deviantart - http://darksh1ne1.deviantart.com/

Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Darksh1ne

╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger

╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1395 posts
  • Joined 01-April 12

agreed

Damn right

Q1 2014

Bazengaecksdee

Bazengaecksdee

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 08-July 13
I think it looks dope lowered though

policepatrol

policepatrol

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined 19-July 14
I have a few pioneers and they only get stuck in stairways if the middle of the car gets balanced, by this is when the front and back wheels dont touch the ground. And they only jump into the air if you sideways on sidewalks. Other than that its because of ground not been leveled right

Knite

Knite

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1189 posts
  • Joined 23-March 11

It was changed either during RTW or early G1 CB because the Pioneer would just drive over other cars rather than push them.

1zvuuyc.pngicon_explosive_aaped_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pngicon_assaultrifle_ntec-7_gold.pngicon_smg_cap40_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.pngicon_flaregun_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.png

RTW CB Vet; APB:R CB Vet; Unbanned

Joker: Knite (Enf); realKesha (Crim)

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

This is an old video, but look at the way the Pioneer used to drive. its acceleration was so much better along with the handling, and of course it actually had working suspension

skip to like 0:18

Knite

Knite

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1189 posts
  • Joined 23-March 11

This is an old video, but look at the way the Pioneer used to drive. its acceleration was so much better along with the handling, and of course it actually had working suspension

skip to like 0:18

You can see at 8:50 that the Pioneer is about to mount the enemy car. I can't find any video of it at the moment, but the Pioneer would just drive right over cars you tried to ram. Most people used the T-25 instead, because it could actually push cars instead of trying to rock crawl. Lowering the suspension was the easiest fix, and I recall that the patch notes when that happened specifically stated the Pioneer driving over cars was the reason it was lowered.

Excuse me while I try to find those patch notes.

Edit: Here you go, Closed Beta 1

Updated Nulander Pioneer. Now a bit slower, with a lower clearance, but a lot heavier (so it doesn't mount cars any more). Also enabled the Limited Slip Differential, making handling easier on rough terrain.

Edited by Knite, 19 July 2017 - 01:20 PM.

1zvuuyc.pngicon_explosive_aaped_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pngicon_assaultrifle_ntec-7_gold.pngicon_smg_cap40_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.pngicon_flaregun_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.png

RTW CB Vet; APB:R CB Vet; Unbanned

Joker: Knite (Enf); realKesha (Crim)

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5309 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

Everyone keeps talking about all the content they removed from the RTW version.

Is it 2012 again?

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

Looking for something to play until the EU get released?                                                                  フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

p90pubstar

p90pubstar

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Joined 08-December 09

Op seriously.....

they were talking about a summer event and we're in middle of the summer with no event yet. You think they might care about ur nulander heights problems ?........... not

76561197971789181.png

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

Op seriously.....

they were talking about a summer event and we're in middle of the summer with no event yet. You think they might care about ur nulander heights problems ?........... not

the way things are going it's pretty obvious they won't give a  s h i t  about this topic, but that doesn't really bother me. I like creating posts like this so I can see what people think and how they respond. I don't actually expect this specific post to go anywhere.

Also yeah it's kinda f u c k e d  that we're in the summer with nothing new

Edited by IAmDisappointSon, 19 July 2017 - 07:58 PM.

AbsolutelyNotSniperturtle

AbsolutelyNotSniperturtle

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 30-June 17

It's a legit topic for forum though, can't go wrong with this type of stuff.

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15203 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

I miss the lifted pionerr.

The low one looks like trash.

38ceX7a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users