Photo

Does anyone remember that time G1 said they were going to work on the EU?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7205 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Like, I have this distinct feeling that they said they weren't going to bother with new content or anything else until the Engine Upgrade was released on all platforms?

I kinda' feel like the majority of the community here agreed we wanted them to work on the EU, was that a dream?

Please tell me this isn't just me.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

I don't think most of us want it anymore anyway.

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18290 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

yes I remember that too, and it's fine, but then I wonder how much imporvement the EU really brought, the consoles performance which is said to have the EU were disappointing performancewise.

Edited by LilyV3, 18 May 2017 - 12:59 AM.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7205 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Nope, but at least if we can get it out of the way maybe they can start fixing some of the mommy they f'ed up, or I can just give up on life already and jump off of a bridge and kms.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

Nope, but at least if we can get it out of the way maybe they can start fixing some of the mommy they f'ed up, or I can just give up on life already and jump off of a bridge and kms.

And deal with the terrible look of the game until it eventually dies? No thanks. I'd rather take the lack of fixes as the game still works fine.

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3298 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

We should have an unstructured, meta-official, quasi-binding vote here on the forums.

69tZxRU.jpg 

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7205 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

DID YOU JUST ASSUME G1 LIED TO US? DID YOU EXPECT THEM TO CARE ABOUT ANYTHING REALLY?

seriously, there is literally NOTHING G1 could do now to surprise me... they f*cked up SO MANY things, there is really nothing more they can do to surprise me.

G1 is doomed.

Would you be surprised if they pulled G1 together and it became a multi-billion dollar franchise?

GOT YA!

eZVk6Xs.jpg

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Dear Tiggs,

Im still bad at APB. Please fix your game.

Sincerely,

-Me

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

Fleshpound

Fleshpound

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1542 posts
  • Joined 24-June 14

Would you be surprised if they pulled G1 together and it became a multi-billion dollar franchise?

GOT YA!

THAT would be surprising. And then APB MOBA,movie etc. would be made.

But now i feel that they want either to close things or to end one side just to get financial support from the other.

We will fight with auto responses by QUOTE AUTO RESPONSE!

Nessie

Nessie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2161 posts
  • Joined 04-September 13

They know very well the EU is a fail in terms of performance and functionality (just look at the consoles with all their problems).

They are purposely delaying it for as long as possible since its release will most likely put an end to the game.

Which, possibly, is the first time they took a good decision.

Edited by Nessie, 19 May 2017 - 11:07 PM.

Give me a Cookie <3

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7205 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

They know very well the EU is a fail in terms of performance and functionality (just look at the consoles with all their problems).

They are purposely delaying it for as long as possible since its release will most likely put an end to the game.

Which, possibly, is the first time they took a good decision.

That's actually incorrect, the EU performs amazingly well on consoles all things considered, but I know you won't believe me and I don't care to explain it at the moment.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • 18565 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09
In the three years it has taken them not to release the engine upgrade on PC they might have been able to create a modern, up-to-date, performant successor to this fundamentally promising game.
APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER
IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION // MOD SQUAD

Allie

Allie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1034 posts
  • Joined 19-February 13

Well, we did indeed vote for the engine upgrade to get prioritized but it seems they want to market the game as something like PU Battlegrounds, The Culling, H1Z1 or whatever. Inb4 "First GTA clone, now PU Battlegrounds clone". Oh boy...

icon_shotgun_nfas.pngicon_rifle_oscar.png9iWYS3B.png?1P4D7AON.png?1icon_assaultrifle_vespatactical.pngicon_assaultrifle_star_pink.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_purple.pngicon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_purple.png766n0yM.png?1BhcVPGY.png?1vmqgGpC.png?1icon_rifle_obeyabattlerifle_bipod_gold.picon_lightmachinegun_ssw_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_ncr762_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa-jb_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pnghywy7is.png?1X8z09bb.png?1icon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_snubnose_pink.pngicon_ltl_tazer.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngyev6KIJ.png?1icon_grenade_ltl.png9H0r7U1.pngfnmod_character_blowtorch.png

Citadel (EU)                                                                  

Futaku q2aboCp.png?1 *******(old) XACMtje.png?1  xAllie 03bCAtj.png?1  | Valentines 2017: Permanent cherubs.icon_reward_vinyl.png fnmod_weapon_4roundburst.png fnmod_character_hardlanding.png

Haganu

Haganu

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3677 posts
  • Joined 22-June 14

I'm glad to read Revo's post, really refreshing to read.

Prioritizing the Engine Upgrade was a mistake. Too bad nobody really saw that when the voting began.

I also find it top-shelf shameful that when the devs are finally doing something about this game's dramatical stagnation that this is used as an argument against it. Especially after we've seen how terrible that unanimous voting to prioritize the EU has worked out.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Haganu, 20 May 2017 - 05:59 PM.

Lust, Wrath, Envy, Pride, Greed, Gluttony and Sloth

JRavtd5.png

Haganu - Criminal | - - - - - - Symbols by LarsJack on DeviantArt, remade and made bodypaint off of them ingame. - - - - - - | Matoii - Enforcer  

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

I still don't see the point of the engine upgrade. They clearly did not do a code rewrite since the console versions are plagued with the exact same performance bugs.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Y2Venom

Y2Venom

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Joined 10-December 11

I do not want an engine upgrade. I would rather more hairs to choose from or to edit some of the existing. I would like to see a new district. More clothing styles etc..

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9791 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Even if that was true, it wouldn't be anything fulfilling.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

The G1 plane has to gain some altitude, otherwise it's gonna hit the ground, even if it means cancelling the agreement.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7146 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

If Gamersfirst would work on the European Union (EU) we at least know that the union wouldn't be doing anything at all.

On the other hand they do try to expand to more countries.

63479077.jpg

:P

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Kino

Kino

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • Joined 09-January 15
It's not even that impressive. Console plays on the "new/upgraded engine" right?

It doesn't look very different and tbh might cause more stability issues than it fixes.
This game is an awkward joke that you only laugh at out of pity.

Ilyas

Ilyas

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Joined 29-January 13

Remeber when ... it was towards the end 2013 and the EU / performance increase were announced?

Also that roadmap or whatever that is and more communication with the community?

Are you confused as of why it's still incomplete?

You re not alone

IlyasMetlacore R 252/ImJoker R 235/FromJokerIcome R 140 /IlyasUndead R 43

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18290 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

If Gamersfirst would work on the European Union (EU) we at least know that the union wouldn't be doing anything at all.
On the other hand they do try to expand to more countries.

63479077.jpg

:P

well they obviously broke the Brits.
Posted Image
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

AnimePL

AnimePL

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 29-May 15

About topic -> Yes. Most of Community declare to G1 that they should focus on Engine Upgrade. As history can show us that EU will be much more delayed than we expected. Unfournamently G1 has to LOW RESOURCES to do anything plus some of their team are Console MODS etc. so EU will take VERY long time to complete this.

IDK what of kind politicies G1 lead but if they won't think about some details they may fall and project APB:R also may be down.

( if someone think that I'm talking some wrong info please correct me :) )

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7146 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

well they obviously broke the Brits.

They didn't broke the Brits, the Brits just gave up on the game but stick around the forum. :P

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3298 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

They didn't broke the Brits, the Brits just gave up on the game but stick around the forum. :P

The mommyposting end-game...

QkGL11N.gif

69tZxRU.jpg 

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15209 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

After seeing how poorly the game runs on consoles, how ugly the graphics are (especially in shadowed areas), all the unnecessary props they added and how they unAPBified most building textures, I'm not really a fan of it anymore.

38ceX7a.png

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9791 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

The G1 plane has to gain some altitude, otherwise it's gonna hit the ground, even if it means cancelling the agreement.

Considering that they sort of made an update on the console versions recently on a blog post, i think it is safe to assume that they've just got out of the agreement. 

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7205 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

After seeing how poorly the game runs on consoles, how ugly the graphics are (especially in shadowed areas), all the unnecessary props they added and how they unAPBified most building textures, I'm not really a fan of it anymore.

I personally am of the opinion that the EU probably runs nearly as well on PC, but I certainly can agree on all other accounts.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7299 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

In the three years it has taken them not to release the engine upgrade on PC they might have been able to create a modern, up-to-date, performant successor to this fundamentally promising game.

Don't really think it makes a difference though.  Most we'd be looking at are new maps and different graphics. 

Probably would take even longer if they rebuilt a lot of stuff from scratch.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1
 [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: Help, I've fallen and i cant get up!

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18290 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

it was said beeing mostly under the hood things to imprvoe stuff, now this went all very questionable.
So it is all juust a question if the EU on the PC will make things better or worst under that said hood.

Edited by LilyV3, 30 May 2017 - 12:33 AM.

Posted Image
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

TheJellyGoo

TheJellyGoo

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2917 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

Don't really think it makes a difference though.  Most we'd be looking at are new maps and different graphics. 

Probably would take even longer if they rebuilt a lot of stuff from scratch.

It would probably be worse. All new recent open world tps try to be as realistic as possible.

Taking into consideration that the arcadish precise movement is what makes APB so great we would just have another pve game which is nowhere pvp compatible. Sometimes less is more if it suits the functionality and purpose.

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

Knite

Knite

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1191 posts
  • Joined 23-March 11

Can somebody point me to a post where anyone representing RP said that this new event would be launched before the engine upgrade? 

It seems to me that since the console versions are mostly where RP needs them to be to get PC EU out the door, and that RP has said in the past that the PC EU is pretty much ready to go, that they're developing this event for post-EU.

I'm as tired as anyone else is with how long we've had to wait, but everyone's endless negativity does nothing to help RP or us.

1zvuuyc.pngicon_explosive_aaped_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pngicon_assaultrifle_ntec-7_gold.pngicon_smg_cap40_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.pngicon_flaregun_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.png

RTW CB Vet; APB:R CB Vet; Unbanned

Joker: Knite (Enf); realKesha (Crim)

TheJellyGoo

TheJellyGoo

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2917 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

They are still busy on the "integration/merge" of Innova (and patching of consoles).

The event is announced for this summer and Im pretty sure there would be news about EU if they would release it before that. #EU2018

It's not negativity if it's simply a fact.

Edited by The Peanut, 30 May 2017 - 11:37 AM.

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7205 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Can somebody point me to a post where anyone representing RP said that this new event would be launched before the engine upgrade? 

It seems to me that since the console versions are mostly where RP needs them to be to get PC EU out the door, and that RP has said in the past that the PC EU is pretty much ready to go, that they're developing this event for post-EU.

I'm as tired as anyone else is with how long we've had to wait, but everyone's endless negativity does nothing to help RP or us.

I'm not saying the EU won't be released this year, but they have to finish the innova migration, get the EU to a presentable state, put it on OTW, process the feedback from the OTW release and implement that, and then if they're smart put that on the OTW, and then maybe at that point it will be ready to go live.

So since this event is almost certainly not going to go live at the same time as the EU, 'cause that would be an awful idea, I highly doubt that this event will happen after the EU if it's supposed to come out in summer considering summer is only three months.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4144 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14
The thing is this summer could be coming in 2020 for all we know. 3 months RP time is at least 3 years real time.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users