29 replies to this topic

EvangeIyne

EvangeIyne

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Joined 28-June 13

Enforcers are attacking an objective over 80 percent of the time. This is anecdotal of course; I'm going to record my matches over this weekend and go over the results on Sunday.

With such a small population (40vs40) we Enforcers end up waiting the most because (let's face it) a small percentage of crims are doing PvE-related garbage resulting in slow queue times for Enf and when we do finally find a match, we've been sitting in an unopposed mission almost every time.

Attacking a point is way harder than defending. If you fail to defend, who cares? Just go onto the next stage. If you fail to attack, GG you lose the match, gg2ez. It's annoying having to constantly attack an objective and almost never defend. You rack up so many deaths trying to complete the objective (which a lot are seriously not balanced at all) and end up getting frustrated when you not only completely lose the match and have to wait an eternity to get another one.

Anyone else notice the same thing? Even from just a quick overview, you can see the frequency in which you are either attacking or defending based solely on which faction you play the most.

EDIT: Friday today, time to start recording...

1. Was offense, forgot to write down mission name.
  2. (Off) Fast and the Incarcerated | 0s Queue | 40:32.
  3. (Off) Pineapple Cocktail | 30s in queue | 40:34
  4. (Off) On The Fence | 2m in queue | district was 40:40.
  5. (Off) Caught Napping | 1m 30s in queue | district was 40:37.
  6. (Off) Intelligence Gathering | 0s Queue | 40:37.
  7. (Off) My, Gramma, How Young You Look | 0s Queue | 39:39.
  8. (Off) The Fast And The Incarcerated | 2m in queue | 35:40.
  9. (Def) Let Us Spray | 1m Queue | 36:37
  10. (Def) POP3 A CAP | 30s Queue | 39:39
  11. (Off) Fast And The Incarcerated | 30s Queue | 40:40
  12. (Def) Let Us Spray | 0s Queue | 30:38
  13. (Def) What Goes Around... | 15s Queue | 34:40
  14. (Def) All In A Twizzy | 0s Queue | 36:40

Edited by EvangeIyne, 19 May 2017 - 03:42 PM.

'Bright lattices of logic unfolding across that colourless void.'

dgHBTZY.png

vjVWoGM.png

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15185 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Bet you'd say the same if you were a criminal.

It isn't faction dependant at all, it's about district population and the game looks for active missions to put you in.

If there is no mission available to join, the game will create an attack mission without enemies, or when two teams ready up at the same time, they'll launch a mission and a random faction will be the attacker.

Edited by ..GhosT, 17 May 2017 - 06:17 PM.

38ceX7a.png

MrBubbleTea

MrBubbleTea

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2937 posts
  • Joined 09-August 13

Enforcers are attacking an objective over 80 percent of the time.
we Enforcers end up waiting the most because (let's face it) a small percentage of crims are doing PvE-related garbage resulting in slow queue times for Enf and when we do finally find a match, we've been sitting in an unopposed mission almost every time.

???

iBubbleTea

EvangeIyne

EvangeIyne

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Joined 28-June 13

Bet you'd say the same if you were a criminal.

It isn't faction dependant at all, it's about district population and the game looks for active missions to put you in.

If there is no mission available to join, the game will create an attack mission without enemies, or when two teams ready up at the same time, they'll launch a mission and a random faction will be the attacker.

Exactly, and this results in Enfs waiting for opp more often and therefore ending up as the attackers.

I just finished playing 8 missions after work and 5 of them I was the attacker, 2 of them was last stage bomb defusal where crims have 3 minutes to defend and we have 5 and the last I was a defender against Kleptomaniac in a 1vs1 and the population was 32 - 40.

Edited by EvangeIyne, 17 May 2017 - 07:13 PM.

dgHBTZY.png

vjVWoGM.png

Saikozou

Saikozou

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • Joined 22-November 11

It's the same on both factions, and it always has been.

I play defence plenty, but I prefer not waiting for opp.

seU0leX.png

[Saikozou | EverFlow | **?**] Joker NA East

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

I used to think enfs got more attacks too until I played Crim more. I get attack 80% of the time on both enf and crim. Mostly this is because of the way matchmaker works. Firstly those grouped are going to be harder to find a good match for so it lobs them in to an unopposed while doing so. This is the same for those that are higher threat, less likely to find better matching for so it lobs them in unopposed mission. All these unopposed missions are attack while waiting for other players to get out of their current missions and become your new opp. The game is never searching against 40 players for you. More like 10 players that cycle about as they come in and out of missions. You're more likely to get put in to an unopposed attack mission as a grouped higher threat player than thrown in to a defence.

Youtube APBTrueOgre

Youtube APBTrueOgre

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 06-April 17

offensive mission is the best way to dethreating you know? lol

cause you can lose in 1 stage

but if you really dont want to wait 5 - 15 min

just disable your router in control panel

you will disconnect from server in 1 min
and it take like 2 min to enable you router in control panel agian

do this over and till you got defense mission

MACKxBOLAN

MACKxBOLAN

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 13-September 16

I could say almost the same thing reversed. Crims will come in looking for missions, and have 4-5 cops. but they wont k up. They wont k up so you as a crim have not much choice but to raid or mug. Then once you get going they come for you.  I have both factions so i know both sides. This is most prevelent in W.F. in the early morning.  Or what happens is both groups end up doing unoppossed.   You hear the cops say 'K up' n You K up n end with another unoppossed. 

Ofcourse there is nothing for a cop to do except find stolen cars, jack crim's for loot if you can. Which gives very little if any Xp for witnessing, and you can't advance your cop role via witnessing

SandyBitch

SandyBitch

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Joined 08-February 13
When i join the game either on crim or enfi, the only think i noticed is to always start with a vip mission lately, and well it often is the last mission aswell, wonder if they actually added more vip missions lately or something. I feel like having atleast 3 - 4 missions of vip, which is pretty much half of the missions i play at all

SandyBCortez  (EU): Enfo R255   -   ToMmY1337  (EU): Crim R255criminal_gold_250.pngenforcer_gold_250.png

IvyHedje   (EU): Enfo R255  -   SandyBiatch   (EU): Crim R255   -   WOLVERINE   (EU): Enfo R255   -   JuneCovington  (EU): Crim R255   

SandBCortez    (NA): Crim R252   -   Sp1cy   (NA): Enfo R219   -   ToMmY1337    (NA): Enfo R100

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

Im sick of offensive missions too. Where is my safe space?

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

JWowww

JWowww

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 30-September 14

gosh darn u nooba learne to playa

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1494 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

i cant believe people actually buy ignore list extenders

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  

SandyBitch

SandyBitch

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Joined 08-February 13

best thing they added on armas, one day, you have ignored all active players and dont need to fight them anymore and you can stand afk in social all day long

SandyBCortez  (EU): Enfo R255   -   ToMmY1337  (EU): Crim R255criminal_gold_250.pngenforcer_gold_250.png

IvyHedje   (EU): Enfo R255  -   SandyBiatch   (EU): Crim R255   -   WOLVERINE   (EU): Enfo R255   -   JuneCovington  (EU): Crim R255   

SandBCortez    (NA): Crim R252   -   Sp1cy   (NA): Enfo R219   -   ToMmY1337    (NA): Enfo R100

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

Maybe not 80%,

But I have proven in the past (can't be arsed to find the thread)  that Enforcers DO attack more than criminals because of statistical issues (mainly caused by the possibility of ramraiding and the fact that some crims try to raise their notoriety a bit before starting a mission.)

It is not much. Maybe something like 55% of missions have enforcers attacking. However as a player, you FEEL those differences. There is also the fact that a bunch of the criminal attack missions are absurdly short (camera destruction, anyone?)

So yes, on average enforcers will feel that they attack much more than they defend.

Edited by Thehidden-Tember, 19 May 2017 - 03:49 AM.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

InfernalPaladin

InfernalPaladin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1034 posts
  • Joined 19-April 13

just disable your router in control panel

you will disconnect from server in 1 min
and it take like 2 min to enable you router in control panel agian

do this over and till you got defense mission

or.. get this...

/abandonmission

Edited by InfernalPaladin, 19 May 2017 - 04:02 AM.

wgF8PwK.png aLb1IOv.png jCnXVd5.png

q9K7xzJ.png

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

or.. get this...

/abandonmission

Doesn't work if you have opposition.

I prefer the usual A,enter,A,enter,A,enter,A,enter,A,enter,A,enter,A,enter,A,enter,A,enter,A,enter,A,enter,A,enter,A,enter.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

Gro

Gro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1097 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

F33L 0FF3ИD3D, M8?

EvangeIyne

EvangeIyne

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Joined 28-June 13

I can't believe more people aren't banned for being complete assholes.

dgHBTZY.png

vjVWoGM.png

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

People should respect other people's safe space.

Offensive mission are bad too. They should be called " Safety missions "  instead.

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1494 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

Idk

Just me, but I wouldn't pay money for something u can do for free

_|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  

illgot

illgot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5215 posts
  • Joined 17-December 10

It's based on population.

Which ever faction has the greater population, that faction will be on offense the majority of the time because the system gives unopposed players that have been waiting the longest the first mission which is offensive.

This is why you make an Enforcer and a Crim.  That way you can swap to the lowest population faction, have the majority of games, and usually be on defense.

Stevine

Stevine

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • Joined 11-March 12

You have problems... I am happy when i do not have to fight against cheaters. xD

LilySaberFateStayNight

LilySaberFateStayNight

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 17-October 15

i dont blame you either

you waited too long for opps to come to you

tip: do the objectives little and wait for opps to (K) up

crims/enforcer sometime prep there objectives they take 2 step ahead

sometimes both factions are lazy (K) up be patient they match your opps 

the G1 scans your MMR rating

Edited by foxhoundsx, 24 May 2017 - 10:12 PM.

anime.jpg

TF2 engineer: NOPE! ,TF2 sniper: GOOD DAY!, TF2 heavy: Doctor?!, TF2 medic: Heavy? ,L4D Ellis: HOG WASH!!!, L4D couch: JOCKY!!!

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3202 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

People should respect other people's safe space.

Offensive mission are bad too. They should be called " Safety missions " instead.

I agree. The word 'offensive' offends me.

.... as does 'defensive', by the way.

why doesn't anyone ever put my quotes on their signatures..jeez

MoeEveryWeek.

MoeEveryWeek.

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Joined 12-January 17

I agree. The word 'offensive' offends me.

.... as does 'defensive', by the way.

Them Bewbs are offensive to my eyes, hawt, but offensive

76561198094097996.png

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3202 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Them Bewbs are offensive to my eyes, hawt, but offensive

Join me in my safe space and you might get to motorboat those puppies.

why doesn't anyone ever put my quotes on their signatures..jeez

Healt

Healt

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Joined 14-March 15

I thought the same as you, OP. Untill I've started to play crims. Thank god I've got my trusty R255 diapers a long time ago so I don't have to worry about playing missions any time soon.

Edited by Healt, 25 May 2017 - 05:16 AM.

/s                                                                                                                                                         

Citizen5

Citizen5

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Joined 21-August 13

Idk

Just me, but I wouldn't pay money for something u can do for free

I take that attitude to sex too. 

dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Abramusas

Abramusas

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

Attacking a point is way harder than defending. If you fail to defend, who cares? Just go onto the next stage. If you fail to attack, GG you lose the match, gg2ez. It's annoying having to constantly attack an objective and almost never defend. You rack up so many deaths trying to complete the objective (which a lot are seriously not balanced at all) and end up getting frustrated when you not only completely lose the match and have to wait an eternity to get another one.

Not always the case, there are missions that are simply unballanced and that is just it. There are points that you have to attack which have the best campspots in that district and there are points which are impossible to defend.

Also if you attack 3 enemies one by one you are not going to get anywhere, most of the time when i played with friends I would just wait for them to respawn and attack again with full force.

Guyse is ok. APB engin upgrad 2014 Q1. Wi veri gud. Oh end dont wury guyse evriting in Armas weel bi aveilible trugh progressun.

Btw, downgrade NHVR's magazine to 1 or 2 bullets in a magazine and then reload. It's a heavy sniper afterall.

EvangeIyne

EvangeIyne

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Joined 28-June 13

Not always the case, there are missions that are simply unballanced and that is just it. There are points that you have to attack which have the best campspots in that district and there are points which are impossible to defend.

Why do some people have to just negate everything?

Who cares if it's impossible to defend, if you lose a single defend stage nothing bad happens to you, that's my entire point. You just get a free pass and move onto the next stage. What I'm saying is, the issue is when you're attacking a spot with "the best campspots" you immediately lose the entire match.

I never said we flooded into a site single file; I've been playing this game for ages now and I'm no where near bad. This game is one-of-the-most competitive games I have ever played that has zero competitive features and basically no thought towards balanced competitive game play.

Instead of one team attacking all day long, it should go back and forth; there should be 2-3 attack stages AND 2-3 defend stages for each side that occur one after the other. This is the point of my thread.

Edited by EvangeIyne, 26 May 2017 - 06:28 AM.

dgHBTZY.png

vjVWoGM.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users