Photo

New Blog Post: NEW Summer Survival Event!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4853 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

We have a new blog post up, check it out here!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

xertioN

xertioN

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 15-July 15

HELL YEAH

AMG, 3K

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3429 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Stepping up the blogpost game. Not bad.

69tZxRU.jpg 

Esther

Esther

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4288 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11

BR mode, I am so done with APB.

WngO77I.png  You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else. - Albert Einstein  | 

izLYWoA.png    Clan Progression | Haircuts and haircut colors | New mission typest70C8a9.png  

Dancaster

Dancaster

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2629 posts
  • Joined 06-December 11

Good luck creating the battle royale mode, I hope it turns out ok. Sadly based on the previous events you lot have made, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Regardless it's nice to see a blogpost about future PC content.

Edited by Dancaster, 17 May 2017 - 12:57 PM.

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3921 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

Wow you actually made a Battleroyale mode?

Nice! Can't wait to try it!

Edited by Shini, 17 May 2017 - 01:03 PM.

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker
gU5R8sY.pnguAHmOP2.pngJHRWB5q.png

Mirai Sekai

Mirai Sekai

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Joined 29-April 15

Personally not a fan at all of Battle royale games, so I'll pass on that, but good on you for following the trend and trying to please the community.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french.

20squid

20squid

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 30-April 17

Too bad it'll flop and be filled with innova reject cheaters like every year ..

i'd rather just play PUBG instead of this broken lagfest.  No thanks. Also, unoriginal ..

thingamajig

thingamajig

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 06-April 14

Genuinely the worst idea you've had so far. 

cokcokcokc

Bopi

Bopi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Joined 25-April 11

Wow, I might actually start this game again when the event comes out.

YouTube - Bopi

Arrows straight to the knee caps

Arrows straight to the knee caps

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 11-May 17

Very interesting and exciting event.

Too bad i can't and won't participate because i got FF'd for something i haven't done.

Keep up the effort on telling your once loyal customers to stick it where the sun don't shine, that'll surely help the game get back on track.

*on the side note, if you really are interested in investigating my situation, i will be more than happy to discuss it.

Edited by Arrows straight to the knee caps, 17 May 2017 - 01:18 PM.

20squid

20squid

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 30-April 17

Wow, I might actually start this game again when the event comes out.

just no ... play PUBG instead, its 100x better.

Bopi

Bopi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Joined 25-April 11

PUBG ? LUL

I'd rather play H1. PUBG is WAY too slow paced for me.

YouTube - Bopi

darker

darker

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 03-December 15

yeah pubg is shlt, whatever g1 is doing has potential, but knowing them....... you know.....

Sarya

Sarya

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 10-March 16

"Now that we’ve successfully launched a version of the new Engine on the console platforms" - Tiggs 2k17

Kappa

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9837 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Hyped for that resource management system. More depth is good.

But worried about the distribution of resources (weapons and whatnot) in vanilla apb maps/districts, since i suppose it is troublesome to add details to our current districts, like some SUPER small shop interiors and whatnot to add some stuff.

But if you guys pull this out, it might just bring a ton of players, likely more than the engine upgrade would.

I can't be the only one bored of the current districts, a little variation on certain locations of the current districts is already enough to excite me, way more than new guns.

Edited by Bellenettiel, 17 May 2017 - 01:59 PM.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

龍神ソラ

龍神ソラ

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11

A new game mode after 6 long years, so when are we getting it?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Fasalina

Fasalina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Joined 20-February 15

Sweet post. Can't wait to test out the EU on PC.

Citadel

Fasalina 255 Enforcer | Ysana 255 Criminal

Salvick

Salvick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1156 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

Nice to see good news and an event for us the PC players.  Anyways, I liked the "Anarchy" mode way more, I don't know why we don't have that one as a permanent game mode with some more player's feedback inputs to imrpove it.

Regarding cheaters...well, this game mode could turn fun for everyone of us or it will end locking up all the cheaters in there farming the event allowing the rest of us, the normal mortals, to enjoy the game in the regular districts.

We'll see. Oh and people complaining as if they were the owners of the only truth or as if they could create a better game...I mean, you don't like this game? Do you like other games better? Great, just move along then...or try to be kind disregarding how bad and evil the developers and management of the game are, because you looks just stupid.

Edited by Salvick, 17 May 2017 - 02:13 PM.

Salvick_twitch_banner_1.png

I have spent 29 G1C, which is $0.3625

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1414 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

tumblr_ljapxyFnlO1qd8mld.gif

That's nice.

RadeonProWX

RadeonProWX

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

UPDATED:

So basically what i just read is:

As usual the RP/G1 Team makes their own decisions on what should be in the game, instead of asking the community by poll , etc on what we want in the game?

The Engine upgrade sounds like its not going to be fully completed until Spring of 2018.

Boring Events that i doubt not too many care about

No sign of the old threat system coming back, which IMO ( and many others ) made the game fun in the first place. So we are still stuck with this boring pointless leveling/threat/ranking system

Are they really trying to compete/compared APB to H1Z or Battlegrounds( which are both terrible ) so they decided to create their own Battleroyle game mode?

That's not a bad idea, but they have to realized that playing in the same 2 maps over and over again is really becoming tiresome

So you create another new game mode in the same 2 maps from 2010?

Not to mention the game has low population now

Why so focus on events when the main issue here is the engine upgrade, focus on finishing that up first, then worry about events and other stuff. Even if you have to put the game on hold, do it, and finish up what's more important, then re-release the game.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

Do you people at G1/RP understand that none of this is helping the game? IMO, you should bring back:

*The old threat system*

*Bring Back old gun sounds from 2010 version*

*Finish up the engine upgrade for the PC*

*Add many new visual/graphic features for the engine upgrade release, along with High Quality Bloom ( make it optional in the settings so people won't complain*)

*Add 2 new maps*

*Ask the community what we want to see in the game before making decisions, even though we probably won't agree all on the same thing, you will have some sort of idea what to add in the game or bring back.

*Removed fight club* Its not working after all these years, same 2 boring map, Asylum is not even finish lol.

*Add Battleroyle mode with 5 new map areas*

*Add 2 new battleroyle maps every 2-3 months*

*Turn Asylum into a new fully full district*

*Enable and fix kill event into the game more often*

*Add new weather effects, snow and rain and thunder and lighting*

*Expand Waterfront and Financial maps with new "environment locations*

or shut down G1'version of APB and release RTW's version with everything intact. I'm pretty sure if the RTW version was release on steam with promotion/news, and everywhere else, with the words written like this" BREAKING NEWS: ALL POINTS BULLETIN RTW VERSION IS BACK AND RELEASE"

I'm sure thousands will flock back to the game. Some of yall may think i'm bs, but I'm not. I betcha nobody will be playing G1's version if RTW version was around.

Again, just my views, but as of right now I'm reading nothing that makes me want to come back playing this game. I don't think we have a say in anything, and this is not just happening with APB. No game the players never have a say in anything, which is funny considering without us, your game or any other game or company wouldn't even be in business. Better wake up , before another shut down happen and this time for good. You want to bring battleroyle in with low population, that makes no sense. sigh. Thank goodness for Saints row 3 and 4 , both games has replaced APB , they are perfect replacements. And i think i will go back to playing them now. PM me when you guys get it together lol or see you in spring of 2018.

Edited by Celebrity Gamer, 17 May 2017 - 02:37 PM.

Sodium

Sodium

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • Joined 26-November 14

Interesting... 

MySodiuM 14px-twitch-icon.png

Realization ; notSodium ; PRlMOVlCTORlA ;  (Citadel) 

Abduct / Devote

Abduct / Devote

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3719 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

I'm not as interested in the BR mode, but moreso the user design input. This is something you should consider for more than this mode, if it's successful and you get serious suggestions. I haven't played APB for a while now, but if you take advantage of this situation, you could find yourself netting back many players. This is pretty big, and not even the main point.

Most importantly, the remaining community needs to really think about this. This is a good chance to change the direction things have been going, and to possibly make APB fun again. Up to everyone, not just G1 this time.

I play by the names: Abduct Devote Feign Beneath

vOfzpRF.jpg

the anubis is a rifle and has a 3 shot ttk

lol ^

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

Most importantly, the remaining community needs to really think about this. This is a good chance to change the direction things have been going, and to possibly make APB fun again. Up to everyone, not just G1 this time.

Lets hope ppl r smart enough to figure that out

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

KNickz

KNickz

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3292 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

im shook

Its funny too because they've never quite replaced me. They just keep recycling my work 8)

APB Reloaded, the only game where the US is better than EU at being criminals.

アリア

アリア

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

Very interesting and exciting event.

Too bad i can't and won't participate because i got FF'd for something i haven't done.

Keep up the effort on telling your once loyal customers to stick it where the sun don't shine, that'll surely help the game get back on track.

*on the side note, if you really are interested in investigating my situation, i will be more than happy to discuss it.

There are many players in your position. I believe no loyal player who loves the game deserves to lose their account over nothing, especially those who put a lot of time and money into it and trust me I know a few who were FairFight and was deemed not cheating, which they all have total 5000hrs on their previous first account, guess what all of their tickets were closed. Its the feeling of betrayal being back stabbed by a company, while doing nothing wrong or against the terms of services. 

I know there are some that I versus on a daily basis for years who then later ends up on FairFight randomly, even recently versing them though never found anything suspicious or cheating behaviour like. 

From what I've seen previously with the spazz PB bans or the mass FF banns from christmas event, the GM / tiggs couldn't tell who was cheating, or know straightaway if it was a false banned while many were banned in an instant, so my credibility is already lost. The words that came from Tiggs "we going to give them a chance".

THINGS THAT NEED TO BE DONE.

They should seriously start lifting their customer support openly when ask for a banned appeal especially on old accounts with large amount of hours and money invested into their game, who's not a repeated offender who has multiple Bans.  

Bring those players back into the game and give them a chance.

Edited by アリア, 18 May 2017 - 01:54 PM.

cnHtW4P.jpg

xertioN

xertioN

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 15-July 15

There are many players in your position. I believe no loyal player who loves the game deserves to lose their account over nothing, especially those who put a lot of time and money into it and trust me I know a few who were FairFight and was deemed not cheating, which they all have total 5000hrs on their previous first account, guess what all of their tickets were closed. Its the feeling of betrayal being back stabbed by a company, while doing nothing wrong or against the terms of services. 

I know there are some that I versus on a daily basis for years who then later ends up on FairFight randomly, even recently versing them though never found anything suspicious or cheating behaviour like. 

From what I've seen previously with the spazz PB bans or the mass FF banns from christmas event, the GM couldn't tell who was cheating, or know straightaway if it was a false banned while many were banned in an instant, so my credibility is already lost. The words that came from Tiggs "we going to give them a chance".

THINGS THAT NEED TO BE DONE.

They should seriously start lifting their customer support openly when ask for a banned appeal especially on old accounts with large amount of hours and money invested into their game, who's not a repeated offender who has multiple Bans.  

Bring those players back into the game and give them a chance.

Oh hey look its gonna be turning into that FF forum again...

AMG, 3K

KNickz

KNickz

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3292 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

I'm not as interested in the BR mode, but moreso the user design input. This is something you should consider for more than this mode, if it's successful and you get serious suggestions. I haven't played APB for a while now, but if you take advantage of this situation, you could find yourself netting back many players. This is pretty big, and not even the main point.

apb will never be as fun as it use to be, im not being a pessimist i just want to point out that the things that made APB so much fun was patched over 

and then theres quickswitching

Its funny too because they've never quite replaced me. They just keep recycling my work 8)

APB Reloaded, the only game where the US is better than EU at being criminals.

Henrymies90

Henrymies90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 06-May 17

UPDATED:

So basically what i just read is:

As usual the RP/G1 Team makes their own decisions on what should be in the game, instead of asking the community by poll , etc on what we want in the game?

The Engine upgrade sounds like its not going to be fully completed until Spring of 2018.

Boring Events that i doubt not too many care about

No sign of the old threat system coming back, which IMO ( and many others ) made the game fun in the first place. So we are still stuck with this boring pointless leveling/threat/ranking system

Are they really trying to compete/compared APB to H1Z or Battlegrounds( which are both terrible ) so they decided to create their own Battleroyle game mode?

That's not a bad idea, but they have to realized that playing in the same 2 maps over and over again is really becoming tiresome

So you create another new game mode in the same 2 maps from 2010?

Not to mention the game has low population now

Why so focus on events when the main issue here is the engine upgrade, focus on finishing that up first, then worry about events and other stuff. Even if you have to put the game on hold, do it, and finish up what's more important, then re-release the game.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

Do you people at G1/RP understand that none of this is helping the game? IMO, you should bring back:

*The old threat system*

*Bring Back old gun sounds from 2010 version*

*Finish up the engine upgrade for the PC*

*Add many new visual/graphic features for the engine upgrade release, along with High Quality Bloom ( make it optional in the settings so people won't complain*)

*Add 2 new maps*

*Ask the community what we want to see in the game before making decisions, even though we probably won't agree all on the same thing, you will have some sort of idea what to add in the game or bring back.

*Removed fight club* Its not working after all these years, same 2 boring map, Asylum is not even finish lol.

*Add Battleroyle mode with 5 new map areas*

*Add 2 new battleroyle maps every 2-3 months*

*Turn Asylum into a new fully full district*

*Enable and fix kill event into the game more often*

*Add new weather effects, snow and rain and thunder and lighting*

*Expand Waterfront and Financial maps with new "environment locations*

or shut down G1'version of APB and release RTW's version with everything intact. I'm pretty sure if the RTW version was release on steam with promotion/news, and everywhere else, with the words written like this" BREAKING NEWS: ALL POINTS BULLETIN RTW VERSION IS BACK AND RELEASE"

I'm sure thousands will flock back to the game. Some of yall may think i'm bs, but I'm not. I betcha nobody will be playing G1's version if RTW version was around.

Again, just my views, but as of right now I'm reading nothing that makes me want to come back playing this game. I don't think we have a say in anything, and this is not just happening with APB. No game the players never have a say in anything, which is funny considering without us, your game or any other game or company wouldn't even be in business. Better wake up , before another shut down happen and this time for good. You want to bring battleroyle in with low population, that makes no sense. sigh. Thank goodness for Saints row 3 and 4 , both games has replaced APB , they are perfect replacements. And i think i will go back to playing them now. PM me when you guys get it together lol or see you in spring of 2018.

Lots of text, still you didn't mention that this game needs better anti-cheat.

RadeonProWX

RadeonProWX

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

Lots of text, still you didn't mention that this game needs better anti-cheat.

I have already talked about the cheating / hacking issue within this game. Anti-cheat systems is not the answer, it never was. FF is doing an ok job , but like i have already said a million times, G1 messed up the day they fired G1blackbeard, Laid off Neume(which he was laid off ) , G1Nexus, When Jobs were Byrt( he did a better job under that name ) G1Zieu and a few more employees who did their job in the game. Most of the past staff actually put in work, monitoring players, tracking people with the help of other GMs outside the game and other people who have authority and resources watching these players cheat, once recorded , send it them in charge and they took are of it easily. They also banned players on the spot, instead of messing around with them, having a discussion with them allowing them to continue to cheat ( revo) .  You can proabldy find a video on youtube, where someone i worked with caught a group cheating, clearly cheating and we sent the video to Byrt(dev) , he banned them, but revo started complaining and getting fool by that same hacker group and unbanned them, byrt went into hiding and there you go. next thing i know he started going under the name jobs and didn't talk with anyone anymore that much, he used to sit in social and do nothing. Some cheater group carebear friends or some nonsense, i forget who they were, i think the leader of the group was name taco or something. took us about 2 months to get enough footage , all for nothing once revo came into the picture, i have no idea what was wrong with him, he was a terrible GM.

The best way to deal with cheaters is to have active GM's, devs, CM's in the game whatever they are visible or invisible and banned players who cheat on the spot. But if you get rid of people who actually were doing their job, the cheater problem will continue on a steady rate. Also APB is a pvp game, cheaters will never go away, its just the way it is and its something you and everyone else who plays pvp games have to deal with, forever. Sick of the cheaters? play something else and take a break from apb, its realy that simple. Because this isn't 2011-2014 anymore, the old staff is gone.

Edited by Celebrity Gamer, 17 May 2017 - 06:06 PM.

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15294 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Whoa, new content, actual news, ...

I am impressed, you guys finally made a real blog post.

I've always wanted to see a Battle Royale gamemode in APB, and it's finally coming.

I think I might love you guys again. Keep it up!

Edited by ..GhosT, 17 May 2017 - 06:13 PM.

RadeonProWX

RadeonProWX

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

Whoa, new content, actual news, ...

I am impressed, you guys finally made a real blog post.

I've always wanted to see a Battle Royale gamemode in APB, and it's finally coming.

I think I might love you guys again. Keep it up!

no offense because the battle Royale mode is a great idea, but it's only 603 players online right now and the mode will be playing in the same 2 maps from 2010. What new content? all they are doing is adding a new mode , that's nothing new man. If they added the mode and re-created Asylum into a full big district along with another new district, it would make sense. The only thing they need to do right now is finish up the engine upgrade, get that out and then work on other stuff. The PC is where most of the player-base is at, but hey lets work on the consoles first. sigh. This discussion is giving me an headache lol. I'm outta here lol . see you guys around when the engine upgrade is out in spring of 2018.

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

no offense because the battle Royale mode is a great idea, but it's only 603 players online right now and the mode will be playing in the same 2 maps from 2010. What new content? all they are doing is adding a new mode , that's nothing new man. If they added the mode and re-created Asylum into a full big district along with another new district, it would make sense. The only thing they need to do right now is finish up the engine upgrade, get that out and then work on other stuff. The PC is where most of the player-base is at, but hey lets work on the consoles first. sigh. This discussion is giving me an headache lol. I'm outta here lol . see you guys around when the engine upgrade is out in spring of 2018.

While this sounds interesting and all I dont see it catching on.

1. There just arent enough players left playing to warrent a new mode and dist. Something like this will kill off fight club.

2. This event will be highly skill based so anyone who isnt a vet will be killed off first each time and will never get any rewards.

3. Something like this will always be ruined by the hacker pop. Hackers are still a MAJOR issue in APB and with the cheats they will easily roll everybody for top spots.

It is just very bad timing for something like this with the state the game is in. I would suggest reworking an old event like I suggested here http://forums.gamers...anarchy-events/ for now untill these issues are addressed and game pop rises to a point where having new districts wont impact the current ones in a bad way.

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

Henrymies90

Henrymies90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 06-May 17

"FF is doing an ok job"

giphy.gif

No it's not in this game, besides i don't understand why they picked anti-cheat that doesn't even have separate support service, if they are so busy doing other things already?

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

Why are they saying the consoles had multi-threading when they clearly didn't? Who knows, maybe it'll work on the PC version but I doubt it lol.

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Abduct / Devote

Abduct / Devote

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3719 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

apb will never be as fun as it use to be, im not being a pessimist i just want to point out that the things that made APB so much fun was patched over 

and then theres quickswitching

I haven't played in a while, I don't plan to. But to squander a chance to return somewhat to the glory days this game had, that would be foolish. They have a good chance, but this community also needs to get their act together. If user input is to be taken seriously, then be serious about it. 

I play by the names: Abduct Devote Feign Beneath

vOfzpRF.jpg

the anubis is a rifle and has a 3 shot ttk

lol ^

Skilzy

Skilzy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 20-May 13
Looks interesting, definitely looking forward to that.

xeYZ5Gf.png

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

I kind of see a lot of people getting hyped for this. I don't see why. This isn't APB. H1Z1 BR mode? Really? This one one of the suggestions a lot of us laughed at people for wanting.

This kind of just proves that APB has lost its original vision and that G1 is no longer sticking with what is 'APB'. What minimal hope I have for this game anymore just got further crushed. You have stomped on the game's lore and ceased to even care for it any more. What continuation of the story has there been since 2013. Sure, most people don't actively read or seek out of the games story. Though that doesn't mean you should just drop it. It affects those that don't actively search for it. There is a lot of subtlety in APB's approach that most players miss and just consume subconsciously. You have stomped on the games aesthetic judging by the look of the Engine Update. Sure the graphics certainly look better but you forgot the feel, style, look of APB in the process. This extends even further to not just the environment but even the menus that have no consistent style or unification to them. Now you are looking at stomping on the unique gameplay APB has with a mode like this. You've completely stomped on what makes APB a living world. Years ago this was just exuded through everything surrounding the game and within. Fashion, music, art, culture, etc. You have done nothing to further push anything of that sort. Whether it be within the original APB style or even your own (The most I've seen is semi-inline advertisement/splash screens from years ago.) This isn't APB.

A BR mode? A mode that does not fit in line with any part of APB. Does not fit the gameplay, lore, feel, style, attitude, aesthetic, or even many of the communities wishes. A lot of people will judge this as a riding of an over saturated genre. Maybe that is their reasoning behind it, but its sure not with APB first in mind (I should note I mean APB as a character or world here more than just a game product). Hope this is just for the event only, and even then it is sad to see time wasted on this.

Not to mention all the other issues. Player management/population, variation in player skill, hackers, exploits, rewards that promote play, gameplay that promotes play and does not get stale after finishing a few games like most events, and on and on and on.

APB is a character in its own right. It has a style and attitude that you haven't been seen to play in to in years. I'm not sure this is whether to all the ex RTW staff that you had now leaving or just a lack of unified vision. I don't know, it might just be me as an outside viewer not seeing it, or just all this over the years has rubbed me the wrong way. But at the end of the day. APB, from head to toe, is not feeling like APB.

Oh, and you want players to do the smaller stuff for you rather than doing it yourself looks bad. If you're wanting community interaction you should be adding content based on their community input and contest/events not adding minimal to existing work. One actually feels like the community is adding to the game and the other just feels like pandering.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit, 17 May 2017 - 11:34 PM.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7331 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

I kind of see a lot of people getting hyped for this. I don't see why. This isn't APB. H1Z1 BR mode? Really? This one one of the suggestions a lot of us laughed at people for wanting.

This kind of just proves that APB has lost its original vision and that G1 is no longer sticking with what is 'APB'. What minimal hope I have for this game anymore just got further crushed. You have stomped on the game's lore and ceased to even care for it any more. What continuation of the story has there been since 2013. Sure, most people don't actively read or seek out of the games story. Though that doesn't mean you should just drop it. It affects those that don't actively search for it. There is a lot of subtlety in APB's approach that most players miss and just consume subconsciously. You have stomped on the games aesthetic judging by the look of the Engine Update. Sure the graphics certainly look better but you forgot the feel, style, look of APB in the process. This extends even further to not just the environment but even the menus that have no consistent style or unification to them. Now you are looking at stomping on the unique gameplay APB has with a mode like this. You've completely stomped on what makes APB a living world. Years ago this was just exuded through everything surrounding the game and within. Fashion, music, art, culture, etc. You have done nothing to further push anything of that sort. Whether it be within the original APB style or even your own (The most I've seen is semi-inline advertisement/splash screens from years ago.) This isn't APB.

A BR mode? A mode that does not fit in line with any part of APB. Does not fit the gameplay, lore, feel, style, attitude, aesthetic, or even many of the communities wishes. A lot of people will judge this as a riding of an over saturated genre. Maybe that is their reasoning behind it, but its sure not with APB first in mind (I should note I mean APB as a character or world here more than just a game product). Hope this is just for the event only, and even then it is sad to see time wasted on this.

Not to mention all the other issues. Player management/population, variation in player skill, hackers, exploits, rewards that promote play, gameplay that promotes play and does not get stale after finishing a few games like most events, and on and on and on.

APB is a character in its own right. It has a style and attitude that you haven't been seen to play in to in years. I'm not sure this is whether to all the ex RTW staff that you had now leaving or just a lack of unified vision. I don't know, it might just be me as an outside viewer not seeing it, or just all this over the years has rubbed me the wrong way. But at the end of the day. APB, from head to toe, is not feeling like APB.

Oh, and you want players to do the smaller stuff for you rather than doing it yourself looks bad. If you're wanting community interaction you should be adding content based on their community input and contest/events not adding minimal to existing work. One actually feels like the community is adding to the game and the other just feels like pandering.

I really couldn't agree more. APB as it's should be is probably going to die soon, which is depressing AF 'cause I care about this game way too much.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

underused

underused

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

I cant understand the Nekrova idea.

You created it as a world, Which means it is the same as Citadel, Jericho and Han, Therefore theoretically, If i link an Innova account with Innova special weapons (CSG with Reflex 3 for example)and i have it bought Account wide to a Gamersfirst account, And i create a character on Citadel, How does it work? I get my CSG or i dont get my CSG?

After all you did not want to be arsed with weapon re balancing, Yet theoretically there is a way to go around your system, Explain please cause i am stupid.  

Edited by pizda))))), 18 May 2017 - 12:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users