16 replies to this topic

ˆMichiˆ

ˆMichiˆ

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 07-December 16

There are a lot more things I can think of that would make the game more appealing and make older players come back and bring new ones in. Such as Daily login rewards with a mix of in-game cash, rep to a contact of your choice (scaling based on what contact and what level), some g1c, joker tickets, joker boxes.

Lowering the cost of the Armas items so it doesn't burn a hole in your wallet every time you want to support the game.

Regarding the Joker tickets, EVERY ITEM that you need to be the other faction to get, for example cars like the charge mikro being available for crim but not enf SHOULD be able to buy with joker tickets (remove leasing here and raise some of the ticket costs for things like perks and maybe lower them for things like cars but just by a little)

Increase base money and rep output and slightly lower the multipler on the premium so it would be the same anyway, just to close the gap of how f2p vs premium players feel.

This is a pretty big one, REMOVE LEASING (this includes joker tickets). YOU EARN IT YOU KEEP IT. Yes, things might get more expensive but so what you wouldn't have to buy more each week, as a f2p player I can't choose a lot of the high-end stuff that iIhave unlocked since I wouldn't be able to get my money back.

A lot of the armas stuff should really by only mostly cosmetic, what g1 doesn't see is if a player likes the game they WILL spend money on it. They are shutting a lot of people out by putting these HUGE paywalls. £8,50 FOR A BACKPACK?!?!?! £38 FOR A SINGLE GUN that is basically just a reskin. there are games that run off of subscriptions for less than £10 a month, whereas here it's over £10 a month for premium. all this pushes people away

BRING BACK DAILY EVENTS or even just weekly ones, make players login even if it's just for an hour. Ever heard of the saying Carrot and Stick? If you haven't look it up!

Raise the weekly tickets in fight club to 1000 where the top 10% only get 100 extra instead of 200. There is weapon currently in the ticket center that is 1000 tickets but you cant keep them each week because of the leasing and the price of them, plus anything else you might want.

This is another big one, A TUTORIAL AREA FOR NEW PLAYERS, most new players join APB and get a bad impression from it and just leave and never play again. you NEED to lay the foundation for new players to get into a game, rather than just throwing you in and giving you that excuse for a tutorial on the screen. There is quite a big learning curve between the trainees and the golds

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the premise of APB, a lot of people do... that's why we all still play the game. Yes, I may have only got 400 hours compared to others here with 3000 plus, but g1 is driving new players away. There are a lot of little tweaks g1 can do as well.

Notice how I haven't brought up the engine yet? That's because it doesn't matter at this moment, the player count is MORE important. It's unreal engine come on guys. It could be worse.

I am currently compiling a list (to send to g1, even though they might ignore it) together of things g1 can do to raise the player count and make the game better thus WILL bring in money for them. the game is FREE TO PLAY, people see these games and try them out most stay to them MMORPGs are VERY popular. But APB just drives people away. 

"but Michi aren't you just tooting you own horn". I am currently studying Game Development, looking to get into the field and I have quite a lot of knowledge surrounding it. I might not be able to draw nor code since I focus on asset creation but the gaming development community is all one and is a brilliant thing to be a part of. Like most people in this area or more importantly the fans of a game THIS game we all share one thing, we do not like to see a game die. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THIS GAME DIE, and I think a lot if not all of the people that have poured £300+ into the game want it to die either! whatever I'm studying doesn't really matter anyway, but g1 really needs to do something.

Well I've rambled on enough, see you in the districts.

-Michikasa (Enforcer/Citadel)

Edited by Michikasa, 17 May 2017 - 12:27 AM.

Tactial? PPPFFFTTT. CHARGE!!!!

-Michikasa (Enforcer/Citadel) - Michikia (Criminal/Citadel)

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

I'm pretty sure that the 40$ guns are the only reason why APB is still alive.

This game lives thanks to its whales, so it caters to those whales.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

Loudness

Loudness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

maybe give players 1k g1c if they complete the tutorial so they get dragged into buying mommy

AXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXXAXAXAXAXA

ˆMichiˆ

ˆMichiˆ

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 07-December 16

Sadly this is true, I do know this.

but they need to focus on bringing more players to the game regardless.

ˆMichiˆ

ˆMichiˆ

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 07-December 16

Yeah true, it's sad to think that.

But they need to focus on raising the player count regardless.

Ignore this one was this a multiple post, and i cant find how to delete posts

Edited by Michikasa, 17 May 2017 - 03:31 AM.

ˆMichiˆ

ˆMichiˆ

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 07-December 16

maybe give players 1k g1c if they complete the tutorial so they get dragged into buying mommy

To be honest that much g1c wouldn't get you a lot from it and won't help in the player count aspect

MACKxBOLAN

MACKxBOLAN

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 13-September 16

Simple, TV ads or Youtube ads. Get a bleach blond char with huge hooters like that mid evil knight crap on tv. have a small segment of the ad showing how we can change our chars looks n show the boob adjustment n just run that mouse back n forth a few times, n you'll have em beatin the doors down.  If you are a Veteran Gamer you know about apb and others, but us older folk have no clue what games are out there. most of your f.b. games are heavy on clans and sharing and gifting and they require loads of time. Although Apb is not a Timeless Game, you can still operate without friends or groups. So there is a client base outside of the youngsters. It should be rated or advertised as an Adult Game. Then you will get that client base from facebook who sorely need better games.

I mean you don't want the kid that has played many other shooters, who may have heard of apb n think its old n has-been. You want the ones that are 'less familiar' or new to pc gaming and are willing to spend.

ˆMichiˆ

ˆMichiˆ

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 07-December 16

Simple, TV ads or Youtube ads. Get a bleach blond char with huge hooters like that mid evil knight crap on tv. have a small segment of the ad showing how we can change our chars looks n show the boob adjustment n just run that mouse back n forth a few times, n you'll have em beatin the doors down.  If you are a Veteran Gamer you know about apb and others, but us older folk have no clue what games are out there. most of your f.b. games are heavy on clans and sharing and gifting and they require loads of time. Although Apb is not a Timeless Game, you can still operate without friends or groups. So there is a client base outside of the youngsters. It should be rated or advertised as an Adult Game. Then you will get that client base from facebook who sorely need better games.

I mean you don't want the kid that has played many other shooters, who may have heard of apb n think its old n has-been. You want the ones that are 'less familiar' or new to pc gaming and are willing to spend.

Great point regarding the kid vs adults.

Sadly people can easily lie about their age on steam though and since APB is a free to play game on steam people can find it easy some of them being those kids.

Also, adverts that actual show the game in a good light would be great for the game, i'll add it to my list ^^

Loudness

Loudness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Joined 09-December 14

To be honest that much g1c wouldn't get you a lot from it and won't help in the player count aspect

I mean they shouldnt be able to buy a permanent weapon but just to try some armas stuff, buy some gear or maybe waste it on joker boxes.

Now that im thinking about this.. this isnt a good idea... people will just farm this

AXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXAXXAXAXAXAXA

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3969 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Also, adverts that actual show the game in a good light would be great for the game, i'll add it to my list ^^

They could reuse this one from RTW and air it on TV.  The best trailer in my opinion.

Saikozou

Saikozou

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • Joined 22-November 11

Being able to buy permanent guns with in-game money is a pretty good idea as far as I'm concerned.

This is a massive, massive thing to new players.  Whenever I get asked how to get one, and I explain their options, they think it's the dumbest thing ever.

Here's my suggestion:
To buy a permanent weapon, you must have the role level after the unlock.  So for a no-slot permanent NTEC, you would need Rifleman 1.  For a one-slot permanent NTEC, you would need rifleman 6.  3-slot?  Level 16, have fun with that.

That way there's still a progression required, which doesn't invalidate the ARMAS purchases or the leases.  These weapons should be expensive - maybe 100k for a zero-slot, multiple-millions for a three-slot.  The exact pricing I would leave to the developers (since they have the information of how much money players earn in how much time, how much people tend to have, etc), but that's my general suggestion.

seU0leX.png

[Saikozou | EverFlow | **?**] Joker NA East

ˆMichiˆ

ˆMichiˆ

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 07-December 16

They could reuse this one from RTW and air it on TV.  The best trailer in my opinion.

It is a very good trailer I do agree, though I have some issues.

1. The fps is very choppy, which doesn't look good at all to gamers.

2. It's just too long

3. There are a few things that aren't in the game. No longer 100 players in one district, no tracers and the fact you need premium to make some of these characters ( these are just a few)

ˆMichiˆ

ˆMichiˆ

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 07-December 16

Being able to buy permanent guns with in-game money is a pretty good idea as far as I'm concerned.

This is a massive, massive thing to new players.  Whenever I get asked how to get one, and I explain their options, they think it's the dumbest thing ever.

Here's my suggestion:
To buy a permanent weapon, you must have the role level after the unlock.  So for a no-slot permanent NTEC, you would need Rifleman 1.  For a one-slot permanent NTEC, you would need rifleman 6.  3-slot?  Level 16, have fun with that.

That way there's still a progression required, which doesn't invalidate the ARMAS purchases or the leases.  These weapons should be expensive - maybe 100k for a zero-slot, multiple-millions for a three-slot.  The exact pricing I would leave to the developers (since they have the information of how much money players earn in how much time, how much people tend to have, etc), but that's my general suggestion.

That was exactly where I wanted to go with this idea, though I would say they need to lower the HUGE gap on the high role levels its stupid even with the current system. Also, 100k for a starter weapon maybe tone it down a bit but yeah I did say in my original post they would cost more.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3969 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

It is a very good trailer I do agree, though I have some issues.

1. The fps is very choppy, which doesn't look good at all to gamers.

2. It's just too long

3. There are a few things that aren't in the game. No longer 100 players in one district, no tracers and the fact you need premium to make some of these characters ( these are just a few)

-True, the fps is a little choppy, I'm just assuming it's the upload though.  It's uploaded by IGN and well... It's IGN, nuff said.

-It is too long for TV, didn't even notice how long it was haha.  The below trailer is probably more suited for TV.

-Tracers are coming back soon, and I don't see why needing premium to make the characters in the trailer is an issue?  You wouldn't want to just show basic normal looking characters in a trailer that's supposed to show off the best parts of a game, one of the main parts being customization. These trailers are from RTW, before premium was even a thing.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 17 May 2017 - 08:41 AM.

ˆMichiˆ

ˆMichiˆ

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 07-December 16

-True, the fps is a little choppy, I'm just assuming it's the upload though.  It's uploaded by IGN and well... It's IGN, nuff said.

-It is too long for TV, didn't even notice how long it was haha.  The below trailer is probably more suited for TV.

-Tracers are coming back soon, and I don't see why needing premium to make the characters in the trailer is an issue?  You wouldn't want to just show basic normal looking characters in a trailer that's supposed to show off the best parts of a game, one of the main parts being customization. These trailers are from RTW, before premium was even a thing.

An updated version of this would be EPIC

Saikozou

Saikozou

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • Joined 22-November 11

Also, 100k for a starter weapon maybe tone it down a bit but yeah I did say in my original post they would cost more.

No, the prices need to be high.  First of all 100k isn't actually even that much, which is why I think it's okay for a no-slot.  Leasing still needs to be a thing, and players that buy all their guns with in-game money should be leasing most of their weapons as normal for long enough to decide which weapon they want permanent, if any.

Plus if it's not costly to get permanent weapons, the value of all ARMAS guns goes down.  More people doesn't mean much when it results in less income for the company - that's not how you save a game.

seU0leX.png

[Saikozou | EverFlow | **?**] Joker NA East

ˆMichiˆ

ˆMichiˆ

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 07-December 16

No, the prices need to be high.  First of all 100k isn't actually even that much, which is why I think it's okay for a no-slot.  Leasing still needs to be a thing, and players that buy all their guns with in-game money should be leasing most of their weapons as normal for long enough to decide which weapon they want permanent, if any.

Plus if it's not costly to get permanent weapons, the value of all ARMAS guns goes down.  More people doesn't mean much when it results in less income for the company - that's not how you save a game.

Ah okay, I took what you said wrong. You meant you can lease and buy a permanent weapon, that is a brilliant idea. Didn't think you meant leasing to be a thing anymore my bad xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users