17 replies to this topic

ChellyBean

ChellyBean

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13

So, guys, we all know Puck. G1's resident Tech Support guy. 

And we all know he's got a rep for taking a long time to get back to us about our problems.

Well... I think I finally figured out why Mr. Puck hasn't been helping us as much as he should....

The real reason Puck isn't around is...

*Drum roll*

Because he's too busy playing Blizzard games!

Dun dun dun! 

Want proof? 

I was watching some StarCraft 2 casts on Youtube, when low and behold, I saw him playing as Protoss! I took a screenshot of him!

SBp7Klh.png

I couldn't believe it... I was in shock. 

"Maybe it's another Puck" I said to myself...

And that's when I logged into Heroes of the Storm to play a bit...

When suddenly....

Double dun dun dun! 

5iQFstX.jpg

I saw Puck with my own two eyes!

Undeniable proof that the real reason Puck is too busy to help us APB players is because he's ranking up in Heroes of the Storm or cannon rushing in StarCraft 2! 

(Obviously this post is in jest, and I don't wanna give out the impression that I'm disrespecting the G1 staff. Times are tough for our little community right now, and tensions are high, so I figured that people could use a small joke post to help everyone laugh a bit!) 

Edited by ChellyBean, 11 May 2017 - 09:01 PM.

Check out my Youtube Channel!
I upload every week or so... Unless I don't!
GiO2wzK.png

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

Isn't this a repost?

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7284 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

^^^

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

ChellyBean

ChellyBean

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13

Isn't this a repost?

I posted it in Discord, not on the forums :P 

Check out my Youtube Channel!
I upload every week or so... Unless I don't!
GiO2wzK.png

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

I posted it in Discord, not on the forums :P

Pffft. Then its a repost I have already seen.

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15272 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
That's why he claims "Sorry, we can't do that." on literally everything.

20squid

20squid

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 30-April 17

2 equally bad games.. i think he's better off copy/pasting responses to support tickets.

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

2 equally bad games.. i think he's better off copy/pasting responses to support tickets.

Are you talking trash about the only decent competitive RTS game in the past 7 years and the only fun MOBA in the past 7 years?

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit, 12 May 2017 - 01:49 AM.

Henrymies90

Henrymies90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 06-May 17

I don't wanna give out the impression that I'm disrespecting the G1 staff.

They are certainly disrespecting us in many ways. I doubt they don't care about harsh criticism either.

Edited by Henrymies, 12 May 2017 - 04:47 AM.

Pristal

Pristal

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

Are you talking trash about the only decent competitive RTS game in the past 7 years and the only fun MOBA in the past 7 years?

"Only fun" is subjective. Deathball meta where your entire match is decided upon which team can group mid and snowball objectives the hardest. Snoozefest. When the enemy is ahead, it's harder to mount a comeback in that game than say Smite or Paragon which I comparatively find MUCH more fun and intuitive than HotS.

HotS is a cash grab for nostalgia-loving Blizzard fans, and will only ever be a cash grab. Go pay $10+ for every new hero that comes out when I can get them ALL and all future gods in Smite for $30, or every hero being flat out free forever in Paragon (that also supports cross-platform play!).

Abduct / Devote

Abduct / Devote

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3719 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

"Only fun" is subjective. Deathball meta where your entire match is decided upon which team can group mid and snowball objectives the hardest. Snoozefest. When the enemy is ahead, it's harder to mount a comeback in that game than say Smite or Paragon which I comparatively find MUCH more fun and intuitive than HotS.

HotS is a cash grab for nostalgia-loving Blizzard fans, and will only ever be a cash grab. Go pay $10+ for every new hero that comes out when I can get them ALL and all future gods in Smite for $30, or every hero being flat out free forever in Paragon (that also supports cross-platform play!).

Smite is bad, Paragon is nice but has some downsides. HotS is not the best, but it actually has been fun to play recently unlike LoL. Regardless, Mobas are all getting kind of stale, so HotS has that casual element that's very easy to get into. Also, most things Blizzard does are somewhat of a "cash grab" and that makes them money, as a business why wouldn't they want to make money? The new lootbox system makes getting heroes/skins/cosmetics a bit easier in HotS though, so it's really not too bad anymore.

I play by the names: Abduct Devote Feign Beneath

vOfzpRF.jpg

the anubis is a rifle and has a 3 shot ttk

lol ^

Sodium

Sodium

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts
  • Joined 26-November 14

dat Puck

u9iGh.jpg

MySodiuM 14px-twitch-icon.png

Realization ; notSodium ; PRlMOVlCTORlA ;  (Citadel) 

Pristal

Pristal

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 27-October 14

Smite is bad, Paragon is nice but has some downsides. HotS is not the best, but it actually has been fun to play recently unlike LoL. Regardless, Mobas are all getting kind of stale, so HotS has that casual element that's very easy to get into. Also, most things Blizzard does are somewhat of a "cash grab" and that makes them money, as a business why wouldn't they want to make money? The new lootbox system makes getting heroes/skins/cosmetics a bit easier in HotS though, so it's really not too bad anymore.

Smite isn't bad at all, just some god designs are poor at best. Like Cernunnos, idk what they were thinking when they designed his kit. Too bloated, too OP. The value you get in Smite for your money compared to Heroes is astronomically higher. $30 for every god and every god that will ever come out? Amazing.

Paragon's getting a huge rework to some heroes and addressing lots of issues this week on Tuesday, so I'm pretty hype for that.

HotS isn't a skill based game, and that's why for me it's less fun than Smite or Paragon. You will basically never 1v1 in Heroes, and if you do you'd better hope it's over that objective you should be taking because it'll win the game by itself. It's not a bad game at all, but's stupid easy and plays heavily on nostalgia and familiarity as opposed to being original like LoL or Paragon and making their own new heroes to play as.

They can make money, but $10+ for every hero (and there's a lot of them) is a sh*tton of money to spend on a moba. Not counting cosmetic items, even. Just heroes themselves, cost a lot to outright buy.

Edited by Pristal, 12 May 2017 - 06:46 AM.

EvangeIyne

EvangeIyne

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Joined 28-June 13

(Obviously this post is in jest, and I don't wanna give out the impression that I'm disrespecting the G1 staff. Times are tough for our little community right now, and tensions are high, so I figured that people could use a small joke post to help everyone laugh a bit!) 

The disclaimer at the end ruined it for me.

Of all the places on the Internet that has that cover-your-patootie crap, the APB forums shouldn't be one of them, lol.

Edited by EvangeIyne, 12 May 2017 - 09:34 AM.

'Bright lattices of logic unfolding across that colourless void.'

dgHBTZY.png

vjVWoGM.png

Sailor Ami

Sailor Ami

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 12-August 16

puck_dota_2_illusory_orb_by_rynocaurus-d

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

No that is brightwing. :^)

Sailor Ami

Sailor Ami

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 12-August 16

No that is brightwing. :^)

https://hydra-media....ck_death_08.mp3

20squid

20squid

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 30-April 17

Please tell me how nonstop premades are fun to play against? I absolutely loved HoTs when it was in closed beta. Now? Not so much.

Solo players should NEVER be matched against premade groups with voicechat. Ever.

But blizzard has an unmatched love for premades, so yeah .. Suicidewatch suffered the same fate. Loved it during the beta testing, it's absolute garbage now.

Until they realise that solo's don't want to play vs groups, it'll never work out. So yes i'm talking "trash" about those 2 garbage games.

Edited by 20squid, 14 May 2017 - 02:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users