Photo

5 of the worst weapons in the game need a rework.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

notHunky

notHunky

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 13-July 11

Edit: I'd like to lay out a few rules for this thread since some people would rather make snarky comments rather than actually contribute to the discussion or provide constructive feedback.

• This thread in particular is for re-balancing weapons which are not in the current meta. (Talk about Ntecs, NHVRs etc... elsewhere, this is not the place.)
  • If you do not agree with a suggestion or comment, please explain why in detail.

I think we can mostly agree that the Cobra, Anubis, Harbinger, Oblivion and Artemis could use some reworks.

1.  The Cobra is actually somewhat decent in shorter ranges, but the painfully slow bloom recovery makes this weapon unreliable at medium ranges compared to most other weapons including the carbines. A faster bloom recovery is probably enough to make this a viable short to mid range weapon.

2.  Despite the Artemis being an assault rifle variant of the Dog Ear and similar sniper weapons, it somehow manages to have a larger hipfire spread and lower mobility than the Dog Ear. The sniper variants of this weapon completely outclasses the assault rifle variant in everything except rate of fire. The Artemis should at least be a little more mobile when aiming down the sights (similar to the walking speed of an NTEC or STAR while aiming), but I think it would also help to switch the hipfire spread of the Dog Ear with the Artemis. It doesn't really make sense that I can WASD strafe while hipfiring with a sniper and reliably kill people with it. Also we still don't have the Bendis.

3.  The Harbinger has the ability to fire faster than an ACT44 for point blank ranges, but the lack of over-damage makes it mediocre as a long range sidearm. Due to only dealing 250 health damage, anyone wearing ANY level of kevlar is going to bump up this weapon to 5 shots per kill, and clotting agent 3 will have the same effect if you miss any shots. I'd say either reduce the maximum bloom by a small amount if this weapon should focus more on being versatile for short or medium ranges. Alternatively they could increase the damage slightly so it can kill with 4 shots more reliably against clotting agent 3 users and make it more viable for long range.

4.  The Anubis has serious problems. The aiming reticle is obnoxious for long range and somehow G1 thought it would be a good idea to apply the NHVR nerf to a sniper rifle which relied on its high mobility to be viable. Just get rid of the completely unneeded initial bloom please.

5.  The Oblivion is by far the worst offender on this list. Quite literally it excels at nothing and sucks at everything. Despite being a 4 to 5 shot sniper rifle, the oblivion handles like a heavy weapon which restricts your movement and cannot be aimed out of car windows, unlike the Anubis or Dog Ear. The TTK is also higher than the Dog Ear which suffers from no movement penalties. Apparently there is also a bolt time on the weapon which prevents you from performing actions or switching weapons for a short period. I can't even think of a suggestion for this weapon since it's so abysmal.

Edited by notHunky, 12 April 2017 - 12:03 PM.

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Not worth the risk

I tried. Im sorry everyone. Especially for you P.

Allie

Allie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1034 posts
  • Joined 19-February 13

4.  The Anubis has serious problems. The aiming reticle is obnoxious for long range and somehow G1 thought it would be a good idea to apply the NHVR nerf to a sniper rifle which relied on its high mobility to be viable. Just get rid of the completely unneeded initial bloom please.

5.  The Oblivion is by far the worst offender on this list. Quite literally it excels at nothing and sucks at everything. Despite being a 4 to 5 shot sniper rifle, the oblivion handles like a heavy weapon which restricts your movement and cannot be aimed out of car windows, unlike the Anubis or Dog Ear. The TTK is also higher than the Dog Ear which suffers from no movement penalties. Apparently there is also a bolt time on the weapon which prevents you from performing actions or switching weapons for a short period. I can't even think of a suggestion for this weapon since it's so abysmal.

First off, everything is preference. I self mainly play with dmr type weapons (and burstfire rifles).

Point 4.

The Anubis, totally agree with that one. The N-HVR 762 nerf was applied to the anubis for no reason what so ever, Heck, the scout didn't even receive that nerf so that makes it all the more questionable why the Anubis did. The concept of the weapon is great, though the scope reticle (and the 'unintended' nerf) really mess it up big time. Removing the reticle would fix one thing, reverting the initial bloom would fix the other.

Point 5.

About the Oblivion, its a fine weapon, I personally found it quite usable and actually pick it up now and then. The weapon may be better with a slight firerate buff, but not too much. Its current fire interval is 0.48s. My suggestion would be to make it 0.40, making the TTK 1.20. Other than that, buffing the health damage from 285 to 300 or even 310 would work wonders, allowing players to maybe even trade out some damage with heavy barrel (if the firerate gets buffed)

As the Oblivion stands now, I like it, I really do, but it can be improved upon as aforementioned. The weapon is extremely accurate, and at medium ranges you can even hit most jumpshots. It has incredible range which people often underestimate. Another downside would be the equiptime, to an extent, but this can be fixed using 3ps3, of course. All in all, the weapon is far from top tier, but its well usable.

(Point 2)

On the topic of the Artemis, I don't use the weapon too much but in my opinion it serves its purpose as an automatic version of the ISSR. It doesn't require rhythmic clicking, and holding down the lmb makes it actually capable of hipfiring at hugging range. It being less accurate should be a point about the Artemis, keep in mind that it has three open slots while the dog ear (and wisp) only has one open slot and a sniper silencer, crossing away the ability to put in a red mod (preferrably improved rifling).

Other weapons

Spoiler

Edited by Allie, 10 April 2017 - 03:48 PM.

icon_shotgun_nfas.pngicon_rifle_oscar.png9iWYS3B.png?1P4D7AON.png?1icon_assaultrifle_vespatactical.pngicon_assaultrifle_star_pink.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_purple.pngicon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_purple.png766n0yM.png?1BhcVPGY.png?1vmqgGpC.png?1icon_rifle_obeyabattlerifle_bipod_gold.picon_lightmachinegun_ssw_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_ncr762_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa-jb_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pnghywy7is.png?1X8z09bb.png?1icon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_snubnose_pink.pngicon_ltl_tazer.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngyev6KIJ.png?1icon_grenade_ltl.png9H0r7U1.pngfnmod_character_blowtorch.png

Citadel (EU)                                                                  

Futaku q2aboCp.png?1 *******(old) XACMtje.png?1  xAllie 03bCAtj.png?1  | Valentines 2017: Permanent cherubs.icon_reward_vinyl.png fnmod_weapon_4roundburst.png fnmod_character_hardlanding.png

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1331 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

I think the N-SSW needs some rework. Weakest Armas weapon of all.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7204 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12
1.  The Cobra is actually somewhat decent in shorter ranges, but the painfully slow bloom recovery makes this weapon unreliable at medium ranges compared to most other weapons including the carbines. A faster bloom recovery is probably enough to make this a viable short to mid range weapon.

If they reverted the COBRA to the version that they accidentally made live in mission districts the COBRA would be perfect. Everyone agreed that version was good, but instead they went with this garbo version of the COBRA.

3.  The Harbinger has the ability to fire faster than an ACT44 for point blank ranges, but the lack of over-damage makes it mediocre as a long range sidearm. Due to only dealing 250 health damage, anyone wearing ANY level of kevlar is going to bump up this weapon to 5 shots per kill, and clotting agent 3 will have the same effect if you miss any shots. I'd say either reduce the maximum bloom by a small amount if this weapon should focus more on being versatile for short or medium ranges. Alternatively they could increase the damage slightly so it can kill with 4 shots more reliably against clotting agent 3 users and make it more viable for long range.

Interestingly the R-2 Harbinger is the most accurate of the three long ranged pistols, (a tiny bit more accurate than an RSA Hunter,) however, like the OCSP, it doesn't really have the performance to back up it's accuracy.

I personally think that increasing damage would be a better buff than decreasing maximum bloom, 'cause spamming the R-2 will probably be bad either way, but if it was brought down to around 1.5 maybe it'd be okay to spam it. Either could be cool though.

Agreed.

http://forums.gamers...xed-the-anubis/

Yes, as it is the Oblivion is worse than the ISSR-B in almost every way. Because it's worse in every way though. . . there are lots of ways you could make it better and keep it as a unique gun.

For one, no matter what, the gun needs full mobility outside of MM. Personally, since the gun is so tiny and I *expected* it to be a mobile sniper think it should have its MM speed tied for highest with the Manic and a few other guns, and that it should be able to shoot out car windows. I'd make it scope in instantly from running and walking like it does from sprinting (no joke, it scopes in FASTER from sprinting than running.) Remove the Bolt timer. Increase the damage to 300. Decrease its MM modifier to 0.15. Decrease its walk modifier to 1.

I think the gun would still be worse than the ISSR-B after all of those buffs, but the ISSR-B is kinda' OP anyways and we don't want the oblivion to be better than that for sure, so I'd start from there.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

Yes to all.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

Kell ✘❥

Kell ✘❥

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 27-August 16

N-HVR needs a buff too

Wigglebottom

Wigglebottom

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 23-April 15

Anubis was a great weapon, totally balanced and of course somebody had to ruin that. Only here with this company you see this kind of things happening all the time. Hey this weapon is fine as it is but why not buff or nerf it just becauze we can, damn logic. Why don't they fix other weapons that need rebalancing!?  :chairwack:

icon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_gold.pngicon_shotgun_csg_gold.pngicon_rifle_sacr_scope_gold.pngicon_rifle_oscar.pngicon_assaultrifle_cr5_gold.pngicon_rifle_obeya.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_purple.pngicon_grenade_frag.pngicon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_fbw.png
h82NxBf.png

notHunky

notHunky

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 13-July 11

N-HVR needs a buff too

If you don't have anything to contribute to the discussion please leave. This thread is exclusively pertaining to weapons which are far outside of the meta.

Getting back on topic.

Point 5.

About the Oblivion, its a fine weapon, I personally found it quite usable and actually pick it up now and then. The weapon may be better with a slight firerate buff, but not too much. Its current fire interval is 0.48s. My suggestion would be to make it 0.40, making the TTK 1.20. Other than that, buffing the health damage from 285 to 300 or even 310 would work wonders, allowing players to maybe even trade out some damage with heavy barrel (if the firerate gets buffed)

As the Oblivion stands now, I like it, I really do, but it can be improved upon as aforementioned. The weapon is extremely accurate, and at medium ranges you can even hit most jumpshots. It has incredible range which people often underestimate. Another downside would be the equiptime, to an extent, but this can be fixed using 3ps3, of course. All in all, the weapon is far from top tier, but its well usable.

If it had more mobility like the LCR or something similar, I don't think the high TTK would be as much of an issue. The problem is the Oblivion has the damage of a light sniper, but it has none of the advantages of one; not even compared to the Anubis. It's not really a matter of playstyle when the weapon is flat-out inferior to everything else in the game. The Anubis at least retained some of it's mobility even with the nerf by being able to shoot out of car windows and not having a decreased movement speed while equipped.

(Point 2)

On the topic of the Artemis, I don't use the weapon too much but in my opinion it serves its purpose as an automatic version of the ISSR. It doesn't require rhythmic clicking, and holding down the lmb makes it actually capable of hipfiring at hugging range. It being less accurate should be a point about the Artemis, keep in mind that it has three open slots while the dog ear (and wisp) only has one open slot and a sniper silencer, crossing away the ability to put in a red mod (preferrably improved rifling).

My problem with the weapon wasn't that it was less accurate than a sniper, but that its sniper variant is more viable to use at close range than this rifle. A sniper rifle should not have a better hipfire spread than an assault rifle. Also I don't think it would hurt for the Artemis to be a little more mobile while aiming than the sniper rifle variants as well, since the weapon has a lower profile with the folding stock and all. I would like to see the Artemis perform at least a little better at shorter to medium ranges compared to its sniper rifle counterparts.

Edited by notHunky, 12 April 2017 - 12:30 PM.

Kell ✘❥

Kell ✘❥

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 27-August 16

*sob*

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

What? It's a N-Tec in LMG form. Trades mobility and rate of fire for more damage, larger mag, and less bloom.

On topic, the only weapon I can really rate is the COBR-A. I got a few from joker box events and gave it a try.

Pros:

- Better base accuracy.

- Significantly better sprint accuracy.

- 10+ extra over damage.

Cons:

- Highest TTK assault rifle.

- Slow bloom recovery.

- Small mag.

- Low ammo capacity.

- Longer equip time.

- Higher sprint delay.

On paper, the accuracy and extra damage sound great, but in practice the weapon is unreliable in most situations. In CQC it's out TTK'd by other assault rifles, and at mid range it's out ttk'd due to the slow bloom recovery. There's a small range between 10M - 20M

where the weapon would do better hip firing, but this is only effective against players with assault rifles who do not know how to right click and you happen to sneak up on them.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 25 April 2017 - 03:55 PM.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

You just need to modify it well.

I personally use CJ3 to give it a very fast ttk on tap-fire ranges, and it doesn't have NTEC's weird bloom mechanics.

N-SSW is my main gun these days because it plays exactly like an assault rifle except it gives me LMG kills.

Edited by Thehidden-Tember, 25 April 2017 - 11:20 PM.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users