Edit: I'd like to lay out a few rules for this thread since some people would rather make snarky comments rather than actually contribute to the discussion or provide constructive feedback.
- This thread in particular is for re-balancing weapons which are not in the current meta. (Talk about Ntecs, NHVRs etc... elsewhere, this is not the place.)
- If you do not agree with a suggestion or comment, please explain why in detail.
I think we can mostly agree that the Cobra, Anubis, Harbinger, Oblivion and Artemis could use some reworks.
1. The Cobra is actually somewhat decent in shorter ranges, but the painfully slow bloom recovery makes this weapon unreliable at medium ranges compared to most other weapons including the carbines. A faster bloom recovery is probably enough to make this a viable short to mid range weapon.
2. Despite the Artemis being an assault rifle variant of the Dog Ear and similar sniper weapons, it somehow manages to have a larger hipfire spread and lower mobility than the Dog Ear. The sniper variants of this weapon completely outclasses the assault rifle variant in everything except rate of fire. The Artemis should at least be a little more mobile when aiming down the sights (similar to the walking speed of an NTEC or STAR while aiming), but I think it would also help to switch the hipfire spread of the Dog Ear with the Artemis. It doesn't really make sense that I can WASD strafe while hipfiring with a sniper and reliably kill people with it. Also we still don't have the Bendis.
3. The Harbinger has the ability to fire faster than an ACT44 for point blank ranges, but the lack of over-damage makes it mediocre as a long range sidearm. Due to only dealing 250 health damage, anyone wearing ANY level of kevlar is going to bump up this weapon to 5 shots per kill, and clotting agent 3 will have the same effect if you miss any shots. I'd say either reduce the maximum bloom by a small amount if this weapon should focus more on being versatile for short or medium ranges. Alternatively they could increase the damage slightly so it can kill with 4 shots more reliably against clotting agent 3 users and make it more viable for long range.
4. The Anubis has serious problems. The aiming reticle is obnoxious for long range and somehow G1 thought it would be a good idea to apply the NHVR nerf to a sniper rifle which relied on its high mobility to be viable. Just get rid of the completely unneeded initial bloom please.
5. The Oblivion is by far the worst offender on this list. Quite literally it excels at nothing and sucks at everything. Despite being a 4 to 5 shot sniper rifle, the oblivion handles like a heavy weapon which restricts your movement and cannot be aimed out of car windows, unlike the Anubis or Dog Ear. The TTK is also higher than the Dog Ear which suffers from no movement penalties. Apparently there is also a bolt time on the weapon which prevents you from performing actions or switching weapons for a short period. I can't even think of a suggestion for this weapon since it's so abysmal.
Edited by notHunky, 12 April 2017 - 12:03 PM.