• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

juiz

juiz

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 06-October 16

[EN] I have a problem with my game. Every time I start the game it works fine, but after a while playing it starts to crash and fps drops from 60 to 20, what could be the cause of this problem?
Does anyone give me a tip?

[BR] tenho um problema no meu jogo. Toda vez que inicio o jogo ele funciona muito bem, mas depois de um certo tempo jogando ele começa a travar e o fps cai de 60 para 20, o que poderá ser o causador desse problema?
será que alguem ai me da uma dica?

Retired Mod Squad 12

Retired Mod Squad 12

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 30-June 15

Hello,  juiz 

Welcome to the APB:Reloaded forums!

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue, Let's see if we can find out what's causing this for you!

Could you please quote my response with your PC specifications and more details on what is happening during your game (like sound stuttering ect)

logo.png

SUPPORT

XBOX | PS4 | PC

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Hello,  juiz 

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue, Let's see if we can find out what's causing this for you!

Could you please quote my response with your PC specifications and more details on what is happening during your game (like sound stuttering ect)

Just to say as well (not trying to be an arse or anything) but this may be better placed in the "Technical Issues" section rather than the bug reports' section as it is now

[EN] I have a problem with my game. Every time I start the game it works fine, but after a while playing it starts to crash and fps drops from 60 to 20, what could be the cause of this problem?
Does anyone give me a tip?

Judging by the problem only appearing after prolonged game play, here's what you can check for me;

• Check your CPU usage: More often than not, you've got something in the background that's eating up your CPU resources, browsers are a main culprit (for me Firefox decides to eat 20% of my CPU and 2 gigs of RAM every time I leave it open for more than 10 minutes), make sure if you're running something that isn't the newest kid on the block (like an older CPU that isn't hexacore or more) to close some programs like your browser etc. down before starting the game
  • Check your pagefile allocation: The game uses the PageFile constantly to store temporary files, such as character, car and symbol textures and UV maps, all of which need to be constantly re-written and changed out. Allocating more than what you have now (most systems have ~2GB allocated to the PageFile unless the main C: drive partition is less than 128GB) should help alleviate some of the symptoms you see right now.
  • Check your memory usage: The game uses as much memory as humanely possible for a 32-bit game (32-bit signed integer value of around 2.2GB) and it constantly can reach that upper limit. If you're running on something like 4GB of RAM (no matter what type, the more GB the better here), you will run into situations where the CPU and OS will have to slow things down in order not to accidentally kill the whole operation stone cold (STUNNER), and will have to look to other applications to free the memory required to keep going. While this happens very quickly, it often results in sharp dips in FPS as the game seeks to request out to the OS for more memory when there isn't any.

(If you don't know how to check for the PageFile allocation, follow the steps below):

To see how much PageFile your System has currently dedicated:

• Open your Control Panel, sort by Large/Small Icons, and click on "System"

93de9632fcf4232be3c00712c22c9fa5.png

• It will bring up "System Properties", click on "Advanced" and then under "Performance", click "Settings"

257cb6758154079aa9bb62fdfded76c6.png

• It will bring up "Performance Options", click on "Advanced" and then under "Virtual Memory", it should state how much PageFile memory the system is allowed to have.

4eb08afef3e53c0d4235e74dec4a67d3.png

7nEgYyJ.jpg

Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)

If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!

u8YLaPP.png

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

juiz

juiz

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 06-October 16

Hello,  juiz 

Capturar94604.png

juiz

juiz

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 06-October 16

Is very strange, I start to play, after about 5 minutes, the game starts to drop the rate of fps and this happens gradually until the point d not give more to play. The windows itself is crashing too and as soon as I finish the game the OS returns to normal. I play other games and APB is the only one that happens this problem.

APB_2017_04_01_15_05_10_928.jpg

Edited by juiz, 01 April 2017 - 10:20 AM.

Waleed007

Waleed007

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 11-March 17

I have the same problem  :waah:

waiting for engine upgrade.

Waleed007

Waleed007

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 11-March 17

i played apb for 1 year or more i never got less than 15-20 fps but 2 days ago always when i login and go to a district  i get 25 fps T_T and after 1-2 mins my fps drops to 5 i cant play like this help me i not wanna delete i really love this game :(

Waleed007

Waleed007

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 11-March 17

my server is han name Waleed007 rank 175 

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Check the link in my sig for some things I do tho as says at start is up to you to do them or not im not responsible if break pc which is why stated if not sure dont do it or just send a PM and ask , currently working on new edition to the post for the coming Creators Update that drops the 11th(I already have it n tweaking it)

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users