• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

isabellanoske

isabellanoske

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-May 15

Okay, so  I was told that you have to win missions to get your threat level to go up (bronze > silver > gold etc)

if I do the missions and win (without and enemies/oppositions) can my threat go up still? I have searched everywhere on google for this answer and I cant find one. So I am sorry if this question has been asked and answered before somewhere.

Edited by isabellanoske, 17 March 2017 - 10:54 PM.

"It doesn't matter what people do or say about you. Because in the end, what do they matter to you? They're just a stain in your life that eventually you will forget and so will everyone else" - Fatality

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

Threat is not based on wins. It is based on individual player score at the end of the mission.

If you are in the top 50% of players based on score your threat goes up by an amount determined by your current threat and the opponent's threat.

If you are in the bottom 50% of players based on score your threat goes down by an amount determined by your current threat and the opponent's threat.

You cannot gain or lose threat in an unopposed mission. 

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit, 18 March 2017 - 02:14 AM.

isabellanoske

isabellanoske

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-May 15

Missions are not based on wins. They are based on individual player score at the end of the mission.

If you are in the top 50% of players based on score your threat goes up by an amount determined by your current threat and the opponent's threat.

If you are in the bottom 50% of players based on score your threat goes down by an amount determined by your current threat and the opponent's threat.

Oh okay thank you :D ^^

"It doesn't matter what people do or say about you. Because in the end, what do they matter to you? They're just a stain in your life that eventually you will forget and so will everyone else" - Fatality

RyanCooper

RyanCooper

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 28-December 14

New players in a nutshell

15642610.jpg

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1597 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

I just want to add something really quick

I've had matches where being the lower/upper 50% does not matter- specifically edge cases. For example (off the top of my head), a high bronze player who does well on his team, but still scores below that 50% and threats up to Silver. 

Not to sound like I'm arguing what you're saying or trying to discredit you, but rather I just wanted to make a note that I've seen some things that defy this behavior that we've all though was standard. I have no proof of this, let alone explanation, just throwing in my 2 cents.

also does anybody know like

is it 50% above the mean or 50% above the median

[ IGN:  bruhTeo ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

FM77

FM77

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11

They leeched opposition high threat, you gotta aggressively do bad stuff on purpose to be bronze so those numbers shouldn't really apply to a low bronze as it takes hours of professional try hard fail to be green....

They can leech opposition threat from a loss also and rise if they did not do bad enough..

Edited by FM77, 10 April 2017 - 06:01 PM.

kimahri

kimahri

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 07-August 16

Threat is not based on wins. It is based on individual player score at the end of the mission.

And this is the answer for some people that dont understand "but my team win, why mi threath decreased?"

Citrin

Citrin

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

New players in a nutshell

Old players in a nutshell - aka. trashing players who try to understand how game works. -_-

Shermann

Shermann

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 30-May 17

Actually in some won mission my threat went down as well as in some lost mission my threat went up.

Reeses

Reeses

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 02-March 17

While this is what they say is how it works and while it appears to be this way, it isn't.

Winning is the most important thing that determines whether you threat up or down. It doesn't matter if you get a negative score every time...if you win you will threat up. I created a new character on a different PC in my home to group with me and someone else. The new character sat AFK the entire mission and ended with a negative score. After winning multiple missions with the AFKer on our team their threat turned gold despite never shooting their gun or participating in the mission in anyway. Yes, I understand they can get +1 and assist on objectives if near and all, but they scored negative on all the missions. 

Another goofy thing I've seen is that if you're at the top of the losing team you threat up, even if you're in the bottom 50% and if you're on the winning team and near the bottom you may threat down. I've seen low golds on my winning team turn silver when they are at the bottom while the silver on the losing team goes gold for doing the best on their team.

Winning missions by far is the biggest factor in determining your threat regardless of your "score."

Edited by Reeses, 06 August 2017 - 08:26 AM.

Sriant

Sriant

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 13-May 17

Q..Q thread lvl not just base on you win a mission . Sometimes even you lose but if your scores high enough you still can become or maintain your gold thread, make sure you avoiding to get  a lot red(warning) medal such as killing teammate, suicide or afk. Those red medal will lose your scores. Also play really hard be MVP all the time you can get on gold very soon, make sure you always kill your opps who has already earn some positive medal like kill 5 opps without death or on kill streak, when you kill them you will earn bounty hunter medal it will gives you more scores. There is many way to get on high treat lvl, but those way from above are comment way and easy to get it done. In fact this game not just about bronze silver or gold, there is more than those thread ranks. You always can have fun on it so don't just go after those fake lvls too hard. When you teammate really suck don't forgot everyone was noob in very beginning if you trying to help them and carry the team you will feel so much more than just win a mission. So just play apb as play a game have fun and good luck.   Well now most people (as I know) would do DT to lose their gold thread and play on bronze channel. (tired of this game and couldn't give it up, so we DT and go play on bronze and be silly all the time). hope my post can help you out  

Criminal : SriantBeast <rename> Cleopatramemory  from  (Jericho) 

*BE SURE YOU ARREADWHEN YOU MEET A BEAST*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users