• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15

trust some random site 

go ham 

???

profit

I7 4790k @4,5ghz @ 1,2V, 16GB G.Skill 1600mhz, Sapphire R9 390 Nitro 8GB, 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1693 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14

W

Worry not (:
They have another meeting with Sony™ in a couple of weeks :|

From where do you know? xd

I'm bad 24/7.

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4754 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

- Figures within fiscal reports from K2 the past 5 years, such as them making millions off APB before it even went to steam, then of course earning even more when the boom of steam launch happened.

- Dev Talks of making APB profitable showing large profits earned.

- General mentions of such from posts by Tiggs over the past year.

- General estimations based on population.

- Restructuring of of G1/RP in to a unified team in Merica.

- Contracts with other companies.

- Lack of shut down of not just APB but other games under G1's belt that are likely to go first if there is anything up.

- Dropping of some employees is likely an indicator of lesser profit but still not running in to the negative.

- Whales gonna whale.

- Expansion of RP to other games such as Hawken.

I kind of meant Fallen Earth specifically. I don't think G1 are losing money specifically, but I don't believe you keep games running if they're barely bringing any money at all, no matter how cheap they are to run. I always presumed the early cash flow has propped up later development for a while.

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

BingoBookBG

BingoBookBG

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Joined 25-October 12

if they confirm this is true i desinstal =)

TheMessiah - Enforcer 255 - Citadel              youtube.com/c/MartinTheMessiah

PoshDoll

PoshDoll

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2581 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

so, judging by the ps4 release date, we can expect pc release to be a year later than that. we'd be lucky to have it in 2019 at this point.

cool, i'll still be able to talk and walk by then, not bad at all.

Much madness is divinest sense to a discerning eye; much sense - the starkest Madness. `Tis the Majority. In this, as All, prevail. Assent - and you are sane. Demur - you`re straightaway dangerous and handled with a Chain.
PSN: skitsolite

Spoiler

Sleepykat

Sleepykat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 17-July 13
This date of 2018 can't be true. Theres no way it takes another entire year to launch PS4. I refuse to believe that. Say it ain't so, G1, say it ain't so.
SLEEPYKAT - ENFORCER - JOKER SERVER - BALLISTIC CLAN  //  FULLMETALKITTEH - CRIM - JOKER SERVER - ATTITUDE CLAN
♫ All the other kids with the pumped up kicks.  You better run, better run, outrun my gun.  All the other kids with the pumped up kicks.  You better run, better run, faster than my bullet. ♫

Hollowchick

Hollowchick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

K, game is most definitely dead, rip.

No, I am not that guy named "h0llow" who is AFKing on Citadel Social all the time, proof here. My characters are called "Hollowchick" and "Hoilowchick" so please stop mixing us up, thank you.

My brother in law is a prison guard, turns out that place is also full of "false positives".

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

I kind of meant Fallen Earth specifically. I don't think G1 are losing money specifically, but I don't believe you keep games running if they're barely bringing any money at all, no matter how cheap they are to run. I always presumed the early cash flow has propped up later development for a while.

You'd be surprised how many companies actually keep older games running despite not making a profit on them while their other games take the brunt. Take Hi-Rez for example, Tribes stopped making them money but they kept the servers going because of the profit coming in from Smite. (Primary source is from talking directly with Hi-Rez Tood face to face.) I wouldn't be surprised if G1 is taking a loss on Fallen Earth by this point and just keeping it open because they are profitable from games like APB and their other array. 

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4754 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

You'd be surprised how many companies actually keep older games running despite not making a profit on them while their other games take the brunt. Take Hi-Rez for example, Tribes stopped making them money but they kept the servers going because of the profit coming in from Smite. (Primary source is from talking directly with Hi-Rez Tood face to face.) I wouldn't be surprised if G1 is taking a loss on Fallen Earth by this point and just keeping it open because they are profitable from games like APB and their other array. 

For sure I was familiar with the idea that APB was providing enough income to support the other games. This is somewhat evident with the transplant of staff from one game to another. Reloaded Games itself also sells download client software I believe which probably also helps. But I can't deny the idea that there cannot be a huge deal of money coming in as a whole. APB is definitely the main source, and it is one which is drying up.

Edited by Lord Cashpoint, 17 March 2017 - 12:39 AM.

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

Take Hi-Rez for example, Tribes stopped making them money but they kept the servers going because of the profit coming in from Smite.

Imma let you finish but, I used to be a Tribes player and i'm pretty sure the servers shut down. Are they back? :/

Edited by Thehidden-Tember, 16 March 2017 - 11:24 PM.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

Jokerbot

Jokerbot

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 24-July 14

All you need to see.

http://steamcharts.com/app/113400#All

Looks very promising  :) 

I destroy people on console

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

Imma let you finish but, I used to be a Tribes player and i'm pretty sure the servers shut down. Are they back? :/

They are not shutdown. They never have been shut down. Tribes:Ascend servers are still going, even pugs are still played.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit, 17 March 2017 - 12:47 AM.

Vazkulator

Vazkulator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

how does it make toast ?

76561197986708510.png

╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger

╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1391 posts
  • Joined 01-April 12
Funny thing is we all know engine upgrade will not be released by 2018

54498821_zpse15a08ed.jpg

Q1 2014

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14
I'll just leave this here

http://forums.gamers...l/#entry4452522

Gro

Gro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1097 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Soony

DouglaSAS

DouglaSAS

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 24-May 13

"Engine update"

planet-of-the-apes-Charlton-Heston-taylo

Another former br player 

MonteJr

MonteJr

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5074 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

Has anyone actually read the description of it?

"Territory is vulnerable 24/7, with players constantly engaged in battles for control. For periods when they are not online, players must upgrade their defenses changing turf features or equipping AI adequately or run the risk of losing their turf to a rival Gang or Squad. Capturing multiple turf areas gets progressively harder, but provides correspondingly better rewards."
What is that all about??

The long awaited Turf Control o.O O.o
Aimbotter: "Which hack do you use? Your's is better than mine"

Stranger: "Monte giving away nanos in Social!"
Me: "I am?"
Stranger: "Oh S---!"

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

"but provides correspondingly better rewards"

second hand tank top rewards?

Tronkles

Tronkles

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3856 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

That's why i vouch for Epic Games. They are the ones who have created the Engine, so they would certainly know how to make it work.

They didn't wanna buy it for 1/100th of the original development cost, why would they suddenly be interested now? Besides, they have their hands full with Fortnite, Paragon and UT

I HAVE GM ON MY BALLS!!!!!!!!! MODARATORS TOO!!! U R ALL NOOBS!!!!!! I CAN gosh darn U EASY WITH MY STAR556 LVL9 TUTORIAL IDIOTS!!!!!!!!

CourtneyQueen

CourtneyQueen

Grunt

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 27-January 17

we don't need this. we have under 100 players on the xbox one version. It's dead.

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1693 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14

we don't need this. we have under 100 players on the xbox one version. It's dead.

Xbox across all servers during peak has over 600. It's decent..

I'm bad 24/7.

BingoBookBG

BingoBookBG

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Joined 25-October 12

Xbox across all servers during peak has over 600. It's decent..

600-700 all servers is still dead game per server..how many servers are?even only 2 is still bad

TheMessiah - Enforcer 255 - Citadel              youtube.com/c/MartinTheMessiah

Sleepykat

Sleepykat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 17-July 13
Xbox would be doing better than PC right now if they didn't botch the launch so bad. There were quite a few players out of the gates, but everyone fled due to the ridiculous amount of crashing (among other things). Why they pushed it out in the state it was in is beyond me. You can't expect to hook a ton of new players when they can't play for 5 minutes without crashing and losing mission progress.

If the PS4 version runs smoother and doesn't crash like the Xbox, causing them to lose 90% of their new player base in the first month, it will do rather well I think.

Edited by Sleepykat, 19 March 2017 - 09:23 AM.

SLEEPYKAT - ENFORCER - JOKER SERVER - BALLISTIC CLAN  //  FULLMETALKITTEH - CRIM - JOKER SERVER - ATTITUDE CLAN
♫ All the other kids with the pumped up kicks.  You better run, better run, outrun my gun.  All the other kids with the pumped up kicks.  You better run, better run, faster than my bullet. ♫

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1693 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14

Xbox would be doing better than PC right now if they didn't botch the launch so bad. There were quite a few players out of the gates, but everyone fled due to the ridiculous amount of crashing (among other things). Why they pushed it out in the state it was in is beyond me. You can't expect to hook a ton of new players when they can't play for 5 minutes without crashing and losing mission progress.

If the PS4 version runs smoother and doesn't crash like the Xbox, causing them to lose 90% of their new player base in the first month, it will do rather well I think.

Exactly. Watching how APB runs now on xbox seems fine to me. Even when streaming it still doesn't lag that bad and loads all textures.

I'm bad 24/7.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users