Gneffer

Gneffer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Joined 30-April 15

:spinsad:

I don't know how to forum                        icon_shotgun_csg_gold.pngicon_pistol_act44_gm_gold.pngcriminal_gold_200.png   icon_sniperrifle_hvr243_gold.png75ez1Gw.png                                   Obeya | Gneffer996ad6a2ebf1.png

Muscle

Muscle

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1322 posts
  • Joined 27-March 12

you think the game will last that long? :D 

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1744 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14

you think the game will last that long? :D

2 more companies will own this game, it will die 4 times. Then.. maybe..

I'm bad 24/7.

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4757 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

I'd be very surprised if G1 believes APB is going to keep making them money up until 2018. I can't imagine the player numbers by say October of this year.

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15206 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

2 more companies will own this game, it will die 4 times. Then.. maybe..

Do you think any company would buy this game with it's track record?

Even if, it's gonna be some small company that drives it into the wall just like RTW and G1 did.

Sadly.

38ceX7a.png

GRUDZZ

GRUDZZ

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 20-March 15

Has anyone actually read the description of it? 

"Territory is vulnerable 24/7, with players constantly engaged in battles for control. For periods when they are not online, players must upgrade their defenses changing turf features or equipping AI adequately or run the risk of losing their turf to a rival Gang or Squad. Capturing multiple turf areas gets progressively harder, but provides correspondingly better rewards."

What is that all about??

CHARACTERS:

[ Criminal ]    [ GRUDZZ ] [R175]

[ Enforcer ]    [ Puftet ]  [R78]

GRUDZZ

GRUDZZ

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 20-March 15

In hopes, if they are putting this out, could there be a chance of a big boom and a final Revive? 

Just hoping that G1 is putting effort in one last bang in the right direction!

CHARACTERS:

[ Criminal ]    [ GRUDZZ ] [R175]

[ Enforcer ]    [ Puftet ]  [R78]

Allie

Allie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1034 posts
  • Joined 19-February 13

The moment Winrar trail period ends is the moment the PS4 release will happen.

icon_shotgun_nfas.pngicon_rifle_oscar.png9iWYS3B.png?1P4D7AON.png?1icon_assaultrifle_vespatactical.pngicon_assaultrifle_star_pink.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_purple.pngicon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_purple.png766n0yM.png?1BhcVPGY.png?1vmqgGpC.png?1icon_rifle_obeyabattlerifle_bipod_gold.picon_lightmachinegun_ssw_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_ncr762_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa-jb_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pnghywy7is.png?1X8z09bb.png?1icon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_snubnose_pink.pngicon_ltl_tazer.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngyev6KIJ.png?1icon_grenade_ltl.png9H0r7U1.pngfnmod_character_blowtorch.png

Citadel (EU)                                                                  

Futaku q2aboCp.png?1 *******(old) XACMtje.png?1  xAllie 03bCAtj.png?1  | Valentines 2017: Permanent cherubs.icon_reward_vinyl.png fnmod_weapon_4roundburst.png fnmod_character_hardlanding.png

AsgerLund

AsgerLund

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3296 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

The moment Winrar trail period ends is the moment the PS4 release will happen.

Mind = unzipped!!

69tZxRU.jpg 

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

In hopes, if they are putting this out, could there be a chance of a big boom and a final Revive? 

Just hoping that G1 is putting effort in one last bang in the right direction!

maybe will allow again crime vs crime Missions.

Leilly

Leilly

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

ZgrY3dp.png

lel

If your a cheater/hacker GTFO! You ruin games for the rest of us!

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

What is that description? Turf wars? What?

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

I would say to take the release... year with a grain of salt; it's only a guestimate until it's actually announced when the release date actually is. Usually Gamepressure will tick over the year when the new year comes along.

We still have 8 full months to go.

7nEgYyJ.jpg

Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)

If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!

u8YLaPP.png

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

I think someone messed up copy and pasting that second point. Especially since it still says webzen too. This is a suuuuuper old description of the game back from like 2007.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit, 16 March 2017 - 05:11 AM.

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

My biggest worry is that if 2018 is actually a release date that happens to be the case, what about the PC engine upgrade? Does that mean it gets pushed back another year until the PS4 release happens? If so, I don't really know if people will even care anymore by that point.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

>2018

What did G1 mean by this?

y4KPrlU.png

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

IDontBanMeBro

IDontBanMeBro

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 26-August 14

By the time they actually will proceed with the pc new engine(engine upgrade of the Ue3) the game will be already dead.The game will perform worse and worse and it seems like g1 has lost their control over some things such as game performance.I heard some roumers that the engine will not be new,will just be an updated version of the UE3 wich is already runig ...you know...backwords.

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

I heard some roumers that the engine will not be new,will just be an updated version of the UE3 wich is already runig ...you know...backwords.

That's not even a rumour. They told us exactly which version they are updating to years ago lol.

Vir Tristis

Vir Tristis

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14
"PERSISTENT TURF WAR.
Both Gangs and Law Enforcement will continuously attempt to capture key areas of the city and expand their spheres of influence. These ‘turf areas’ offer access to the best gear, while persistently displaying their owner’s status and symbols. Territory is vulnerable 24/7, with players constantly engaged in battles for control. For periods when they are not online, players must upgrade their defenses changing turf features or equipping AI adequately or run the risk of losing their turf to a rival Gang or Squad. Capturing multiple turf areas gets progressively harder, but provides correspondingly better rewards."

OK, what?
No, but seriously... WHAT.

3753642644_5e3f6c9524_o.jpg

GreenEyes

GreenEyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Joined 07-May 13

Both Gangs and Law Enforcement will continuously attempt to capture key areas of the city and expand their spheres of influence. These ‘turf areas’ offer access to the best gear, while persistently displaying their owner’s status and symbols.

That's old

Benny Benassi

Benny Benassi

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 25-November 16

This game is already gone into the mommy. Only people that can save this game is people who have good devs and ALOT ALOT ALOT of money. So nah its dead

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

ahahahahah

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4485 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Has anyone actually read the description of it? 

"Territory is vulnerable 24/7, with players constantly engaged in battles for control. For periods when they are not online, players must upgrade their defenses changing turf features or equipping AI adequately or run the risk of losing their turf to a rival Gang or Squad. Capturing multiple turf areas gets progressively harder, but provides correspondingly better rewards."

What is that all about??

It's a promo text back from 2009 or so, I believe.

Turf wars were supposed to be additional activity players could do outside of missions, but it didn't worked out well, again, due to human nature.

Tom Stockwell even illustrated this concept, you should be able to find it somewhere... somewhere.

I'd be very surprised if G1 believes APB is going to keep making them money up until 2018. I can't imagine the player numbers by say October of this year.

The game population has been pretty much stagnant for the last year, so maybe there is still hope chance to keep the dying cash cow alive long enough.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1438 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

This game is already gone into the mommy. Only people that can save this game is people who have good devs and ALOT ALOT ALOT of money. So nah its dead

That's why i vouch for Epic Games. They are the ones who have created the Engine, so they would certainly know how to make it work.

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

2018 is most likely the year of APB's closure. G1st is really silent right now and something must be going afoot...

They cant promise us close dates because they know they wont make it to deadline.

Edited by Snake Eyes, 16 March 2017 - 06:37 AM.

I tried. Im sorry everyone. Especially for you P.

Gneffer

Gneffer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Joined 30-April 15

9362a37d59c4.png
Doooown it goes.

I don't know how to forum                        icon_shotgun_csg_gold.pngicon_pistol_act44_gm_gold.pngcriminal_gold_200.png   icon_sniperrifle_hvr243_gold.png75ez1Gw.png                                   Obeya | Gneffer996ad6a2ebf1.png

Resine

Resine

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2962 posts
  • Joined 09-April 13

My biggest worry is that if 2018 is actually a release date that happens to be the case, what about the PC engine upgrade? Does that mean it gets pushed back another year until the PS4 release happens? If so, I don't really know if people will even care anymore by that point.

What makes you think people care now?

Ether

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

Why do people keep thinking APB is suddenly going to shut down. There are even more deader games under G1's belt and APB is still profitable for them. Wait until some of their other games shutdown before you start saying APB is going soon. APB won't be gone until games such as Fallen Earth are gone.

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4757 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

Why do people keep thinking APB is suddenly going to shut down. There are even more deader games under G1's belt and APB is still profitable for them. Wait until some of their other games shutdown before you start saying APB is going soon. APB won't be gone until games such as Fallen Earth are gone.

How do you know they're still profitable?

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

- Figures within fiscal reports from K2 the past 5 years, such as them making millions off APB before it even went to steam, then of course earning even more when the boom of steam launch happened.

- Dev Talks of making APB profitable showing large profits earned.

- General mentions of such from posts by Tiggs over the past year.

- General estimations based on population.

- Restructuring of of G1/RP in to a unified team in Merica.

- Contracts with other companies.

- Lack of shut down of not just APB but other games under G1's belt that are likely to go first if there is anything up.

- Dropping of some employees is likely an indicator of lesser profit but still not running in to the negative.

- Whales gonna whale.

- Expansion of RP to other games such as Hawken.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit, 16 March 2017 - 07:00 AM.

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1744 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14
For those who say APB is going to close down:
G1 is a very small company and APB is the only game they get paychecks from. If it closes down, G1 will bankrupt.
As far as I know - noone wants to lose their job :)

I'm bad 24/7.

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3242 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

Too aggressive. 2020 is more likely.

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. Character commissions open! Send a PM.

Kempington

Kempington

Gentleman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
  • Joined 29-January 11

- Restructuring of of G1/RP in to a unified team in Merica.

- Lack of shut down of not just APB but other games under G1's belt that are likely to go first if there is anything up.

- Dropping of some employees is likely an indicator of lesser profit but still not running in to the negative.

- Whales gonna whale.

- Expansion of RP to other games such as Hawken.

-The restructuring was a complete lay off of the UK team, which made up roughly 20-30 of their employees. This was also where most of the dev team were for the game, including their entire QA department.

-G1 won't likely shut down anything. Case in point Fallen Earth. Barely 100 people play it and they still don't do anything with it.

-Dropping employees usually denotes running into the negative in terms of monthly turn over or future profit estimations. Not claiming this to be the case, but you generally don't lay off staff if you can afford to pay for them.

-Eh, they will, but there have been valid points made

-They "Expanded" to HAWKEN, only to sell it off again months later. Their dev team that was working on the HAWKEN side of things was part of the UK team. Reloaded Games no longer have the game as far as I know.

Edited by Kempington, 16 March 2017 - 07:45 AM.

VWY0zFT.png3kCG8kd.jpg

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15206 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

What makes you think people care now?

Well, we're still here, aren't we?

38ceX7a.png

Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13
2018!??!!!?!? It's time to abandon this burning boat

As a deity once said: "You're not a criminal if nobody finds out"

Resine

Resine

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2962 posts
  • Joined 09-April 13

Here, means nothing.

Ether

TheJellyGoo

TheJellyGoo

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2914 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

Let's be honest here. Most of use are already sitting in the rescue-boats waiting for the stern to finally be swept over by the waves.

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users