Photo

What would make you play the game again?

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1484 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

optimism in regards to APB.... also #sarcasm

tumblr_nkc4y47dPC1u6nqlfo1_500.gif

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1473 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

60fps stable with my top pc.

Ew 60fps. I'd quit for good if my fps was that low.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Doufous

Doufous

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Joined 23-December 15

Time... Dont have it atm :(

Nejekur

Nejekur

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts
  • Joined 03-May 12
Another balance patch. Ntec and hvr utterly dominate everything, and your options are use them or lose to the tryhards that do. If other guns were actually viable, so there was some variety, it would be more interesting for me.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
Enf - DragonForcer - Colby
Crim - Nejekur - Colby

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1723 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

Another balance patch. Ntec and hvr utterly dominate everything, and your options are use them or lose to the tryhards that do. If other guns were actually viable, so there was some variety, it would be more interesting for me.

Use rifles

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    

Rhiza

Rhiza

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined 03-April 12

Honestly, just some optimisation, driving physics overhaul and glitch fixes would get me playing at least semi-regularly again.

Edited by Rhiza, 23 September 2017 - 10:53 AM.

Sagemist

Sagemist

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 04-November 14

When you get banned for  using 3rd party program aka. Spotify

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1348 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

When you get banned for using 3rd party program aka. Spotify

Probs why they undid all the punkbuster bans.

Edited by CookiePuss, 23 September 2017 - 01:44 PM.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

Nitronik

Nitronik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3017 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12

Old thread that'll probably go unread, but :

More progression please. My enfo is at 255 and my crim is nearly reachng 195.

Some balance changes and map tweaks would also be welcome - there's still a few camp spots that are pretty damn bad

Nitronik4ever / ElSalus - Citadel EU   \\\    ReggaeJones - Jericho NA

DinoDay

DinoDay

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 05-September 17

If another company who actually can make a good game takes this concept and builds this game from ground up then I would gladly play it.

Well I do play apb tho but considering my logging in one month per year isn't really much of playing time or enjoying anything in it more like messing around with few friends and sometimes trying few missions learning that not much had changed game being broken and the servers are still struggling etc after all this there isn't much of a place for me here at all nor for my friends.

Sagemist

Sagemist

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 04-November 14

Probs why they undid all the punkbuster bans.

It was a recent ban for me though - got banned for quote "Cheating/hacking/3rd party programs". I have 4k hours in APB, so getting banned for cheating is kind of a insult, considering I never cheated in any game. If I got banned no one is safe.

Sayori

Sayori

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Joined 12-September 17

When you get banned for  using 3rd party program aka. Spotify

Nice meme there.

I did actually google that and couldn't find a single thing about it? After all the years playing games with Punkbuster I'vent got a single false-possitive, but it's always some people who get banned over and over again. Nice try though.

I've been kicked by PB for having AHK script running(nothing to do with games), CheatEngine(for singleplayer game) and some other other apps that fiddle with memory and stuff. But banned? Never.

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1348 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

It was a recent ban for me though - got banned for quote "Cheating/hacking/3rd party programs". I have 4k hours in APB, so getting banned for cheating is kind of a insult, considering I never cheated in any game. If I got banned no one is safe.

Thats odd. Cuz if its a recent ban, its Fairfight only, not Punkbuster. Which means it has nothing to do with any program thats on your PC. Your ban was decided on stats alone.

Not saying it was true or false, but your ban had nothing to do with Spotify, as G1 has no client sided measures.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

Jegosu

Jegosu

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

I still play it,but some g1c rewards in event would be awesome.

Henrymies90

Henrymies90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 06-May 17

I still play it,but some g1c rewards in event would be awesome.

Gold Rush event would be cool, but they can't afford events like that anymore and that's honestly only way to get G1C as far as i'm concerned (Not gonna buy any most likely ever again, you brought this judgement on yourselves by treating me like a dirty rag)

Edited by Henrymies90, 24 September 2017 - 04:17 PM.

Cyber Mane

Cyber Mane

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2689 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11
  • Better management (every game could use it from time to time)
  • Better player skill tier management. The actual one has been awful since the very first day it was introduced. Also, how has it become so easy to circumvent - as well as the inability of preventing that - is just one more reason new people might not hang around for more than a few days. A complete mess.
  • A more robust playerbase. Every time I came back to the game I felt less and less compelled to stay. Most of the people I used to play with are not playing APB anymore, and this is especially true for people I looked up to and/or people I used to hang around with. Even for a long-time absentee like me it doesn't take long to realise that APB does not really have a solid community anymore - it hasn't for ages.
  • Better reasons to get paid content AND more free content. I get that a company has to make money, I'm totally okay with it and I have given my support back when it was my time to do it. But right now, I have no real reason to spend any more money on the game. The fact that a huge portion of the game content (I would say half of it, but I don't want to slide into excessive negativity) is paid-only isn't really an encouragement. Other utility services, like, for example, renaming a character, are a tad too pricey, but that is just my opinion and who knows if it's like that for everyone else as well.

I might not be the best person to discuss what would make for a great reason to start playing (again), but, y'know, I spent a lot of time on this game and would love to do more. Then I remember why I became too bored to continue, and I'm suddenly not willing to try again.

Live without limits.

Threat level: "if you lose to me I'm afraid you're definitely not good"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users