Photo

What would make you play the game again?

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

JiMMY13

JiMMY13

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

I honestly didn't even read your last two posts because of the font/format.

Your loss. :)

tito1233

tito1233

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 23-February 17

TER MAIS EVENTOS

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1464 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

For me, I'd say an entire overhaul of character mods and player mechanic effects because there is only one mod players go to, which has the least draw back of any. I'm talking about rewriting the mechanic in general because what's there isn't giving any opportunities for varied effects.

Specifically, Fragile has to have a certain mobility advantage that actually significantly effects combat performance because extra speed does nothing when base speed lets players dodge bullets fast enough, Flak Jacket letting you actually tank explosives (If CoD:BO Flak Jacket let's you eat a car explosion, the f*ks the matter with doing it in APB, then?), and Kevlar's protection being different than just health increase to balance it with all weapons instead of some, all while the downsides to all of those are way too crippling, except Flak, where it's the low reduction that's the problem. The basic mechanics, and probably the whole coding of characters, has to be overhauled, though, which is a much bigger problem than this issue here. The fact still stands that character mod variety is non-existent and a lie, which a new player will find out soon enough.

Making it harder to gain threat and easier to lose threat would definitely bring me back full time, though.

A start would be removing all rank restrictions so they can get a proper view on just how popular certain mod combos are. All of the R195+ character mods are borderline OP, and you can't even get low yields until you're far beyond R195.

As for threat, they need to start cracking down on players who intentionally dethreat to stomp on new players. hint hint

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Caesruul

Caesruul

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3724 posts
  • Joined 02-October 10

As for threat, they need to start cracking down on players who intentionally dethreat to stomp on new players. hint hint

Good luck with that.

You'd have to have constant moderation, or at least someone watching every now and then to see what is going on with the threat.

If you ask me, I've noticed in every game with a threat\rank\competitive system, there's a psychological component to it that can cripple a team heavily.

If 4 bronzes tab the scoreboard to find themselves against 4 golds, chances are they're gonna do worse because "Aw man, why do we have to fight these guys."

Take the threat system out, and the only identifying factor is player names and clans, it becomes much less of a competent when playing a game.

Joker, North American Server-Forever

Israel(Enforcer)\\\_/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\__/-\_///Tremeria(Criminal)

Hollowchick

Hollowchick

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

Well I hope APB can be like that one dude that when you feel horny, you can call up, screw, then forget again for another month or two.

Currently it's more like that ugly fat chick that tries to sext you all the time so when you get really wasted you bang her and feel the regret and shame crawl up on you the next morning.

No, I am not that guy named "h0llow" who is AFKing on Citadel Social all the time, proof here. My characters are called "Hollowchick" and "Hoilowchick" so please stop mixing us up, thank you.

My brother in law is a prison guard, turns out that place is also full of "false positives".

CourtneyQueen

CourtneyQueen

Grunt

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 27-January 17

Nice old post, there were SOME false bans when they started automating fairfight, and even those unbanned were re-banned, so your quote there proves nothing.

Go on ffbans right now and just read through most of the recent bans, literally all the cheater-defenders there are commenting "false ban hurdur" on every single page. It's ridiculous. Some that were banned have been cheating since forever and they still cry "FALSE BAN PLS UNBAN"

Danimal

Danimal

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1694 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

Currently it's more like that ugly fat chick that tries to sext you all the time so when you get really wasted you bang her and feel the regret and shame crawl up on you the next morning.

That bad for you eh? No regrets!

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

Nice old post, there were SOME false bans when they started automating fairfight, and even those unbanned were re-banned, so your quote there proves nothing.

Go on ffbans right now and just read through most of the recent bans, literally all the cheater-defenders there are commenting "false ban hurdur" on every single page. It's ridiculous. Some that were banned have been cheating since forever and they still cry "FALSE BAN PLS UNBAN"

How many were rebanned out of 71?

Gothina

Gothina

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Joined 06-June 12
New contacts.

Linker

Linker

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

The game not being run by GamersFirst anymore.

That would make me come back, definitely.

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

They should get their mommye together, at this point they have become a laughing stock.

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18362 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

stable server fps

getting rid of the high amount fo cheaters that still exist.

proper matchmaking with noob protection.

beacon

you eman when the game would turn into a stupid p2w mode? yeah surely not.

Edited by LilyV3, 20 March 2017 - 06:38 AM.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

JiMMY13

JiMMY13

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

A separate RTW server build and client download for us to play, with the old EA logo if legal. :P

(idea also inspired by this thread)

The same version the APBEMU guy(s) is / was trying to make possible, not the more-or-less weapon-side only concoction they cooked up earlier.

Easily bringing that back at this point might spark some interest, but I doubt it, since the graphics and performance is a bog part of playing the RTW version.

Maybe for a couple of weeks or longer, everything unlocked and just play and enjoy. Maybe make it premium only like OTW for their efforts to set it up (using existing server hardware - probably half as resource hungry).

I would download it and buy premium to check that out.

This is assuming that rumor I hear around here about them accidentally deleting the data needed for this isn't true.

Edited by JiMMY13, 20 March 2017 - 09:17 AM.

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

Engine upgrade

And maybe a new gun

WHAT DID YOU HONESTLY EXPECT THOUGH?

Muscle

Muscle

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1329 posts
  • Joined 27-March 12

Nothing

And maybe a reskin

FTFY

Raptros

Raptros

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2804 posts
  • Joined 18-December 11

FTFY

Ah hell no, I ain't fallin' fer that sheeeit anymore.

Needs to be new, otherwise no dice.

Ain't no fresh coat of paint on another damn Ntec gunna catch my attention

WHAT DID YOU HONESTLY EXPECT THOUGH?

Xenonos

Xenonos

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1172 posts
  • Joined 30-July 12

zombie mode :akimbo:   :smiley_emoticons_zombie01:

MeanBetsy

MeanBetsy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13

I honestly didn't even read your last two posts because of the font/format.

Then you're clearly just choosing to be close minded, no skin off my bones.

Happy to spam your inbox. Seems you care enough to visit the post and reply to it.

Iodyne

Iodyne

Respected

• Force Anonymous
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 12-January 14
I remember when dopefish created an entire petition thread descriminating against colored text...saying that users should only be allowed to use formatting on "important" stuff like his headers. Lol
He managed to convinc the GM's to punish or even forum-ban anyone for using colored text. Lol it was pretty funny.

Betsy, how dare your text look unique! you're supposed to be a sheep. Get back in line! :P

Edited by Iodyne, 21 March 2017 - 01:06 AM.

TheJellyGoo

TheJellyGoo

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2933 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

Following the rules doesn't mean you're a sheep. It means you're aware that standards and norms are there for a reason.

Dunno if acting like a rebellious immature special snowflake blind of all reasoning can be called less close-minded.

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

DrCooper

DrCooper

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 13-March 13
Unblocking all the players that got blocked by FF.
Creating weekly events.
Closing ps and Xbox version.
This would get the population back to the game.
And maybe adding new staff , contacts​ etc.
And changing / upgrading the anti-cheat.

Edited by DrCooper, 21 March 2017 - 02:47 AM.

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1172 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13

A start would be removing all rank restrictions so they can get a proper view on just how popular certain mod combos are. All of the R195+ character mods are borderline OP, and you can't even get low yields until you're far beyond R195.

I'd like more to disable all character (+ Eventually weapons, but characters for now) modifications (all, except fields supplier) from missions on special (preferably FC at all) action districts. Pretty much the same way as Infestation:NewZ did with perks on Battle Royale.

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

Scotish_Harpy

Scotish_Harpy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 18-November 12

Motorbikes

K4SS

K4SS

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Joined 10-January 13

new contacts

ye im easily pleased like that

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

It doesn't go to my inbox though. I just check every new comment every day like a good forum fiend. 

FASHA

FASHA

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 25-December 11

if willow and evedisaster would start playing again

FASHA

CookiePuss

CookiePuss

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
  • Joined 07-April 17

I remember when dopefish created an entire petition thread descriminating against colored text...saying that users should only be allowed to use formatting on "important" stuff like his headers. Lol
He managed to convinc the GM's to punish or even forum-ban anyone for using colored text. Lol it was pretty funny.

Betsy, how dare your text look unique! you're supposed to be a sheep. Get back in line! :P

Dopefish as the villain?

lmfao... thats too funny to even contemplate.

Stop f'ing around with focus groups, and fire the marketing suits and hire some good, competent developers and people with vision. Unfortunately at this point I think it is too late. No one trusts you anymore SOE and their experiences here WILL likely make them think twice about trying other SOE games. I know for myself I will NEVER play another SOE title. Sincerely, someone who loved what once was, -Tiggs

FIylow

FIylow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Joined 05-November 14

The game being sold to ANYONE other than G1. I wouldn't care how mommyty the company is, anything is better than G1.

Edited by FIylow, 05 September 2017 - 08:18 PM.

bRjZE5o.png

APB grills are so rood.

KNickz

KNickz

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3288 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

joker na

Its funny too because they've never quite replaced me. They just keep recycling my work 8)

APB Reloaded, the only game where the US is better than EU at being criminals.

Nymphi

Nymphi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 11-July 17

Nothing.

Honestly, nothing.

Even if given the option to take off the KttC pack... Nothing. That bad taste is there.

Now I am just enjoying the salt.

DiBBz

DiBBz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1799 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11

im somewhat on the same boat as abysymal.

we all know how great a game APB can truly be. its concept its great and if given the proper care it can truly be a rivaling F2P title. but G1 or k2 isnt the answer to that solution.

but the fact we still have people paying for stuff in the game and sinking more money into it is just a cancerous sight. why continue funneling money into a project you know is never going to improve and that is on the grasp of dying. the more people realize that if we cut the cord the quicker G1 can sell the IP then hopefully a better chance of it getting picked up by another developer that will show the care it actually needs.

we have all sunk hundreds if not thousands of dollars / pounds / euros etc etc into the game but this is becoming exactly like archeage's community. a stubborn community that cant let the game die. even tho at the base game is a great game its plagued with to many problems. but ofc to many people are invested and cant let go.

Edited by DiBBz, 05 September 2017 - 10:44 PM.

okxVY9k.png

^Click Image For Full-Resolution^ - Closed beta Tester [June 14th 2011] | DeviantArt | Youtube

Characters = DiBBz - Enforcer - [R239] (Citadel) / MissRukia - Criminal - [R61] (Citadel) 

AbsolutelyNotSniperturtle

AbsolutelyNotSniperturtle

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 30-June 17
If my Oculus Rift broke i'd play again. APB:R doesn't work with VorpX :(

Oh, and no ddosing and better threat handling.
And nubie protection (one that works both ways actually).

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

bring back colby west

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Nymphi

Nymphi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 11-July 17

Bring back Colby NA Best.

FIFY.

Trous

Trous

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 20-September 14
Nothing really, not dumb enough to Reinstall this. To be fair, I got a solid 3k hours out of the game before leaving. Games pretty trash now, but it'd be cool if the changes made by g1 all got rolled back and the original game was there to be played, at least so others could experience it.

Keijinnn

Keijinnn

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 18-July 17

-fixed matchmaking

-improved anti cheat measures

-engine upgrade

-2 new contacts

dats at least a good start

Exactly the same reason, this would make me  at least want to play the game.

Edited by Keijinnn, 06 September 2017 - 09:14 AM.

Sy Oblidge

Sy Oblidge

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

If they made apb to not eat ram for no reason, wayyyy less laggy, not needed high specs and STILL laggy, from like back in the day 

2FwAhhT.jpg

Nymphi

Nymphi

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Joined 11-July 17

Nothing really, not dumb enough to Reinstall this. To be fair, I got a solid 3k hours out of the game before leaving. Games pretty trash now, but it'd be cool if the changes made by g1 all got rolled back and the original game was there to be played, at least so others could experience it.

So they experience mommyty driving, longer TTK and animation, meaning sluggish game play. Yeah... Be sweet.... 10 seconds to hop over a fence.

fnqnaqybarylfanxr

fnqnaqybarylfanxr

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Damn my topics really go hard it seems, why revive it after 4 months though

NSrMGab.png

vs lbh qrpvcurerq guvf, tbbq shpxvat wbo orpnhfr vgf cerggl zhpu gur rnfvrfg pvcure va gur jbeyq, bu naq vs lbh rkcrpgrq n erjneq be fbzr xvaq bs zrnavatshy zrffntr yrgf fnl v fbzrgvzrf jevgr fgrnz erivrjf - Nccneragyl vz abg nyybjrq gb znxr fnepnfgvp gbcvpf be pevgvpvmr nal riragf ba sbehzf

Deku

Deku

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Joined 21-March 13

Damn my topics really go hard it seems, why revive it after 4 months though

Probably because all these points are still relevant, sadly.

Joker Server: Tactical (Enforcer) Deku (Criminal)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users