90 replies to this topic

mynd

mynd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4253 posts
  • Joined 26-January 12

The problem with ram-raiding is that it's a lot of effort for Crims to make any meaningful gains doing it but so easy for any Enforcer to eff that up for said Crim with one push of a button.  There's no fair distribution of effort for both parties and think Crim players have every right to be pissed off.  Ultimately, it's just poor game design and no one is at fault for playing the game as is intended.  That said, I will witness you too if you have enough on you for me and my group (at least 1500$ for each member).

Edited by mynd, 28 March 2017 - 04:57 PM.

Sintacs

Sintacs

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11

The thing is, Enforcers don't have any equivalent cash generation activities without intervening in the criminal activities. Ram raiding is something you know there's risk in, otherwise people wouldn't flock to empty servers to do it. If you're gonna do it you gotta be smart about it, never N5 if you're far from the laundry, go somewhere secluded and hide if an enforcer joins the district and you're far from the laundry, if you're close, drop everything and make the mad dash for it, as a smart Enforcer will likely head for it and be waiting for you if you're not quick. Crims should at least be happy things aren't like they were back in the RTW days. You know that message about pedestrians witnessing you? Back then, if Enforcers were ready for a mission, it would start a mission against you if you were witnessed by a pedestrian, even without the Enforcers being nearby. I actually kinda miss that, it at least made pedestrians feel like they had more of a purpose to exist.

Jericho:

C: Sintacs

E: Jenosa

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

The thing is, Enforcers don't have any equivalent cash generation activities without intervening in the criminal activities. Ram raiding is something you know there's risk in, otherwise people wouldn't flock to empty servers to do it. If you're gonna do it you gotta be smart about it, never N5 if you're far from the laundry, go somewhere secluded and hide if an enforcer joins the district and you're far from the laundry, if you're close, drop everything and make the mad dash for it, as a smart Enforcer will likely head for it and be waiting for you if you're not quick. Crims should at least be happy things aren't like they were back in the RTW days. You know that message about pedestrians witnessing you? Back then, if Enforcers were ready for a mission, it would start a mission against you if you were witnessed by a pedestrian, even without the Enforcers being nearby. I actually kinda miss that, it at least made pedestrians feel like they had more of a purpose to exist.

I never had a chance to play RTW but it always seemed as interesting concept and it would be probably better to have cops vs robbers instead of open conflict which doesn't bring anything new.

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

No no no, you have it all wrong. What you do os you go after them as a criminal, make sure you have max tier mugging equip and a very strong anti-vehicle weapon. What you do is run over peds till you hit N4, then mug em till you're one mugging away from N5. Now you go look for criminals, if there's no enforcers in the district, you'll have a better chance at a big payout and clean getaway. Once you find another criminal, mug that one last ped, hit N5, blow them up with their vehicle, lose your bounty, take their cash and launder it. They can't do anything to fight back after you kill them either, the rage it creates is beautiful.

There is truly no honor among thieves...

Hilarious!

Edited by InnerPieces, 29 March 2017 - 07:00 PM.

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Ultimately, it's just poor game design and no one is at fault for playing the game as is intended.

It's already weird an enforcer can just sit and watch criminals destroy the city, steal cars, and run people over mercilessly, but can only take action if they smash a store window or steal someone's wallet... or, we'll, carry a fat stack.

Still, I like there being at least one "realistic" design in the game. I don't even see it as a real mechanic. It is more of a role-playing aspect of the game. You don't do it to make money. You do it to try and get away with it.

Perhaps it would be best if there was some kind of warning when a criminal is witnessed. Maybe something like the warning siren before a vehicle is remote detonated. Like, 3-5 seconds of hearing the Enforcer calling in the crime before engaging the suspect. Then the criminal might stand a chance. Or, at least, be more strategic about where they commit witnessable crimes (like near cover instead of the middle of a street).

Edit: I guess it is also an option to let Enforcers auto-P5 if they have cash over a certain limit. "Did you hear Enforcer just rolled Criminal for 100,000 in cash? That money is ours now. Go find him!"

Or, allow criminals to mug an enforcer with 2500+ cash, starting a mission (like witnessing) and possibly forcing a respawn.

Edited by InnerPieces, 29 March 2017 - 06:56 PM.

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

Edit: I guess it is also an option to let Enforcers auto-P5 if they have cash over a certain limit.

Thi IS a true problem right now and exploitable as f*ck :P

Enforcers just make the best mules, nothing short of a bounty can happen to them.

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Thi IS a true problem right now and exploitable as f*ck :P

Enforcers just make the best mules, nothing short of a bounty can happen to them.

~snip~

The sad thing about all of this is: I'd never thought to do something like this. Not that I couldn't have thought of it. I just don't think this way.

Now, I know how to exploit. I'm not sure if it's technically an exploit, but you call it an exploit and it certainly seems like one. Since I've started playing with my son (we play together, not opposed to each other), I hope they don't just stop people from the same IP playing with each other to combat something like this. If, indeed, they even care.

(admittedly, I haven't read this entire thread and I'm not necessarily giving you a hard time. I've just always found it amusing how folks will complain about something and then go out of their way to teach people how to do it. - LOL)

Edited by InnerPieces, 30 March 2017 - 01:57 AM.

Kitty Yekaterina

Kitty Yekaterina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • Joined 28-October 13

I personally want to burn all of them as hard as I can these days, and take the I AM THE LAW approach, but what does the community think of this crim behaviour?

Ooooh i so so so so so hope you run into me. :Ha Ha Ha:  I will show you the law by cleaning out entire district with your character's  remains  :chairwack:   :CoolDaddio:

Being online doesn't mean you're suddenly not responsible for who you are. Embarrassing, threatening, harassing, attacking and insulting - based on gender, race, nationality or simple difference of opinion? ...This shows who you are as a person, sitting behind the monitor. You think nobody will care? Think again.

The age of Cancer is over. The dawn of Justice has come.

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

(admittedly, I haven't read this entire thread and I'm not necessarily giving you a hard time. I've just always found it amusing how folks will complain about something and then go out of their way to teach people how to do it. - LOL)

I'm not complaining about the current system, all i'm saying is that it's exploitable as f*ck and that if you don't exploit it you probably won't have fun. But if you understand the system and use it in unintended ways, it has suprisingly high yields!

Join the dark side of exploiters, we have cookies! (oh, and loads of cash as well.)

There isn't anything in the ToS about multi-accounting, i've checked a bunch of time. Using enforcers as a mule is one of the interesting approaches to making money in this game, so here's a video that will teach you and your son how to do it :P

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

Mulic

Mulic

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 01-December 14

The moment we see anyone doing ramraiding we normally watch them and will chase them all as they move districts, there is enough of us to do so. It is generally not worth alot of money to us but there is the occasional time they have been raiding for hours and not cashed in which drops the big money, And then there is the safety net. We do not have to win to have obliterated their income. 

Honestly Ramraiding is annoying because we don't have any monetary gain similar but we do get all the fun in district chat when we do as little as whitness them.

76561198020539782.png

Zeris

Zeris

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 08-May 11

Honestly, who cares?

Most of the people who are still here have all the stuff they want and are here to do missions.  If some random Crim wants to run around in a gold district and farm for hours on end, then have a blast I say.  If that's how they'd like to spend their free time, I'm not about to shit on their parade.  Likewise for Enforcers that want to hop in there and witness/contest them.

It's not like APBR is known for its compelling character development, healthy player driven economy, and riveting progression system.  Go slam into store fronts on an empty district if that's what you're into.

Edited by Zeris, 01 April 2017 - 05:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users