Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1438 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

Ok, noted

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Sir Garrick

Sir Garrick

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 01-August 13

The game mode isn't similar. If it had apb's game mode I would consider it pretty much a straight upgrade to APB though as far as gameplay.

3PS with near unlimited creativity and customisation to FPS Counter Strike Clone? And you call that an "upgrade"? Do you even APB?

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4146 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

3PS with near unlimited creativity and customisation to FPS Counter Strike Clone? And you call that an "upgrade"? Do you even APB?

I was talking about H1Z1. Also I said gameplay. I don't consider customization gameplay and H1Z1 is a TPS with vehicles, a large map, and a large amount of players simultaneously in a single instance.

Edit: Also while R6S isn't similar to APB calling it a CS clone is as stupid as calling APB a GTA clone.

Edited by Chrispe, 07 March 2017 - 10:29 PM.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

RandomCatface

RandomCatface

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

hmm still no news on ps4 release?

-----------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

shyRUSLANARus

shyRUSLANARus

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 04-February 17

it dieded late to now

digitaldeath

digitaldeath

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Joined 11-February 17

I don't think APB needs to be more like other games. APB needs to focus on its strengths, the things that make it unique. The fact is, no game out there can compare to APB. After the engine upgrade, the game needs to capitalize off of what makes it different. So, while battleroyale sounds cool, it may not be the best thing for APB. Maybe instead, the focus should be put on making the matchmaking as good as it can be. APB is difficult to balance because of the nature of the game, but if special care and attention is put towards it, I think it can be done.

It is a fact that the engine upgrade will allow for adding content to the game more easily. I just hope they know what content needs to be added. The game lacks a sense of incentive. There is no reason to do anything in the game past leveling up and unlocking roles. Gold threat level needs to be more difficult to achieve, leader boards to compete in, etc... 

Two areas of APB that I see are player creation (themes, symbols, clothing, cars, etc...) and gameplay (unique open world, several missions going on in the same space, etc...). If we can capitalize off of these things that make the APB what it is, it will be a lot more successful in the long run, as opposed to adding content that has already been seen in other games.

Some ideas after engine upgrade (assuming we get the current features of the game fixed):

-Clan progression

-Use more of the social district for things such as a player driven mall with customization shops which can be rented out

-Use moving billboards in action districts to display relevant information or advertisement for player-run shops

-Add a prime system to the game to give incentive for players to play on a single account (similar to CSGO)

-Use the website to promote player creations and hold events for best creations of the month, etc...

-Have quarterly (3 month) competitive seasons with special rewards at the end; such as unique skins, special badges collected and displayed on character info screen, moving sprays, etc...

-Add all unique legendary/armas weapons (excluding reskins) to the new set of contacts to be unlocked (eg. yukon pistol, true ogre)

-Make legendary weapons unique by adding special effects to them (glowing, smoke, etc...) or some sort of moving skin

-Add a UI for creating/customizing instanced clan warfare

-Add a UI for creating mapped out races with a lap timer and position display. 

-Give rewards at the end of each season for these competitions. Best lap times, most clan wins, etc...

Basically, add things to the game which can be managed and keep players engaged, all while staying true to what makes APB a great game.

Edited by digitaldeath, 08 March 2017 - 06:41 AM.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9834 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

To be blunt, i think APB is first game i know of, which managed to stay alive without a single substantial content update for months. 

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1723 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

To be blunt, i think APB is first game i know of, which managed to stay alive without a single substantial content update for months. 

years

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4416 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

Some of you might dislike Warframe, but you gotta recognize that it's engine is quite well optimized... These graphics are better than APB's, and my potato laptop runs it better, with smooth fps, than APB. I know that APB's poor performance is due to the engine, and that's the purpose of the engine upgrade, to increase the performance. I like to think that, once they do the upgrade, APB will be great again.

Didn't say I don't like it. But taking a break from it cause their latest Wraith stuff is a pain to get.

Actually went from MR8 to MR18 in a month, thanks to Riven mods. Own nearly every frame and now almost every weapon. I have a bit of time into that game.

If I were to really try the MR18 test, I am sure I'd be able to go up to MR20 or MR21.

But that is all that game is.... A grind. Loose lore and just... A grind.

Edited by G1 White Knight, 08 March 2017 - 11:07 AM.

IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

Benny Benassi

Benny Benassi

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 25-November 16

I think at this point the game needs content in the form of new missions (balancing old ones as well)

New modes that aren't half baked.

Matchmaking also needs to be faster, god damn.

Community is also just so bad, literally a contest to see how many ffbans you can rack up or how long you can closet on near blatant settings.

Hopefully the engine update makes it easier to make real content. But you know its all the same old 'hope' again.

The game at the moment is just boring, its 7 years old, nothing really to mix it up. Missions still basically same as what we had launch with some good improvements but still not balanced, can't count FC since its just death match, can't say consumables had much impact, the newer mods just made things more annoying, the valentines and xmas updates sucked hard and those gift boxes interfered with item priorities which gosh darned me over in missions but for some reason were never fixed. Must say that even though weapons aren't 'true' content, the game has some great variety in guns, sadly its just HVR or long range in general seems to be used due to some really questionable weapon balancing exacerbated by poor spawn mechanics and mission balance.

The game just really needs new tangible modes, fixing missions with new ones too and faster matchmaking. Community may improve over time if the people that quit find a reason to come back.

------

In regards to H1Z1 or Battlegrounds mentioned above, i would love APB to make a full mode like that. G1 should literally copy the battleroyale formula from other games.

Spawn everyone in social, when everyone's in, move them to a specially modded financial and get them to loot and move to wherever the game tells you or die. If you die, thats it, gosh darn off to social. Winner gets JT or some mommy. put some leaderboards in there and bosh.

I'd play that and it will beat all other games in terms of customisation at least. As long as it's not half baked like that drug mule/easter bunny, anarchy, etc modes.

Lets be honest, Daybreak (devs of H1Z1) is a joke of a company, G1 can beat them easily in terms of supporting their game.

I dont know about that with the daybreak. Daybreak promises that there is going to be a engine upgrade and look at that its true they deliverd it. And now they are fixing the desync with weapons and doors. Atleast they are doing something about the game to fix it it may be slow but its getting there compared to apb reloade LUL

Infectonator

Infectonator

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11

HJhQqha.jpg
Reborn from hell

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1773 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

I don't understand this "lol when the engine update comes they'll finally be able to do all these updates!" meme.

They have less than 10 people on staff, several of which are in a support/CM position. Realistically, how many substantial updates are they capable of? As of now they are incapable of fixing things such as spawns, weapon balance, and even adding a district queue system which Innova had.

An engine update doesn't mean the staff will suddenly understand the mechanics behind APB Reloaded or understand what needs to be fixed and what doesn't. Both the HVR and Low-yields are still game breaking and haven't been addressed despite literal years of people whining on the forums to nerf them. I don't know if Tiggs just ignores most the posts on here or if she communicates them with staff but the dev team ignores her/and or is incapable of doing said fixes (which I don't believe since they break mommy all the time hamfisting in guns and doing the braindead move of messing with the shaders), either way, there is a void of communication not only between us (the community), but between those on staff if key issues are not being addressed.

We shouldn't have to beg on the forums to receive the most bare bones of an update, I worked for WoW private servers that have weekly dev blogs which detailed the inner workings of the core they just happen to be developing that week. Keep in mind these were/are volunteer projects run by people with full time jobs outside of their work on the server compared to the "professionals" at G1 lmao.

How hard is it really to have one of the devs for APB write a paragraph or two once a week (or rotation between the handful of devs left) detailing what they worked on that week? And yes, that sort of communication would have tangible benefits for the communities faith in APB. As of now APB seems to be imminently shutting down, so why not communicate outside of "lol we had a meeting we have another one in a couple weeks", you and I both know G1 is working on way more things (hopefully) than just twiddling their thumbs around waiting for the next "meeting".

Edited by schlonganola, 08 March 2017 - 03:19 PM.

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

RadeonPro

RadeonPro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

Now that i am able to finally run this game better(Quad core/AMD GDDR5 card), i played it around 2am. The game still runs pretty terrible (when is DX11 coming?) . But for the most part , it ran just fine. It was only about 80 players online. 2am 80 players online? How in the world is this game going to make a comeback no promotion whatsoever right now Sony, Deep Silver, or whoever is in charge of the engine upgrade to be made for the Consoles and the PC.  But once i got into the game i realized something, after 7 years now we are still playing in the same 2 maps, i didn't even bothered with going into fight club. I thought the way fight club was release years was terrible anyway. What i mean is, you release a mode called fight club , instead of designing 2 new maps you took parts of the first 2 maps and closed it out and made it into a smaller map. That's not a bad idea, but after the first 2 maps were released, 2 more should have follow about 3 months later, then 2 more again.

The game is not fun anymore, i mean its entertaining at times, but once you actually start playing a match, idk ugh its nothing to keep me going. And the fact that i am playing in the same 2 maps after all these years, and the fact that "Asylum" still hasn't been completed yet, all that combine its just tiresome and extremely boring.  If any G1/RP employee is reading this, keep in mind the "old threat system "  which you had in place years ago. You know the one with the old symbols , and how players were fighting to get to a certain threat, silver 7, silver 10, gold 2, gold 5, the way it was design made the game fun. It was like a GOAL , something to Achieve for when playing.   If you don't want to bring back the old threat system, fine. You need to re-design the ranking/threat system , so we can play to reach a goal or something, because right now it just feels like we are playing for no purpose or reason whatsoever. Also anyone remember when a player went into the social district and a message came up about "high level threat player enter the district" or something like that. It was like a battle to fight to reach a certain threat level and honestly that made the game fun. I was excited just reaching gold 2 or sliver 10.

I just feel like this game is not going anywhere. I know you guys made be fully aware of what the community wants, different ideas, maybe you have something big and exciting planned also. I just think this game needs some sort of ground breaking ideas to keep the game fresh and going for a long time.

New Fight clubs

2 new city maps

Pve modes

Lots of new visual graphics

Expand Asylum map --------------> There's dirt roads outside the gate wall, not to mention other areas that need to be completed.

Expand Waterfront and Financial

I don't the engine upgrade is going to save this game, it needs a crap load of new content and stuff. But with little to no promotion for months now, again what the hell is really going on? We need some answers.

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1723 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

Now that i am able to finally run this game better(Quad core/AMD GDDR5 card), i played it around 2am. The game still runs pretty terrible (when is DX11 coming?) . But for the most part , it ran just fine. It was only about 80 players online. 2am 80 players online? How in the world is this game going to make a comeback no promotion whatsoever right now Sony, Deep Silver, or whoever is in charge of the engine upgrade to be made for the Consoles and the PC.  But once i got into the game i realized something, after 7 years now we are still playing in the same 2 maps, i didn't even bothered with going into fight club. I thought the way fight club was release years was terrible anyway. What i mean is, you release a mode called fight club , instead of designing 2 new maps you took parts of the first 2 maps and closed it out and made it into a smaller map. That's not a bad idea, but after the first 2 maps were released, 2 more should have follow about 3 months later, then 2 more again.

The game is not fun anymore, i mean its entertaining at times, but once you actually start playing a match, idk ugh its nothing to keep me going. And the fact that i am playing in the same 2 maps after all these years, and the fact that "Asylum" still hasn't been completed yet, all that combine its just tiresome and extremely boring.  If any G1/RP employee is reading this, keep in mind the "old threat system "  which you had in place years ago. You know the one with the old symbols , and how players were fighting to get to a certain threat, silver 7, silver 10, gold 2, gold 5, the way it was design made the game fun. It was like a GOAL , something to Achieve for when playing.   If you don't want to bring back the old threat system, fine. You need to re-design the ranking/threat system , so we can play to reach a goal or something, because right now it just feels like we are playing for no purpose or reason whatsoever. Also anyone remember when a player went into the social district and a message came up about "high level threat player enter the district" or something like that. It was like a battle to fight to reach a certain threat level and honestly that made the game fun. I was excited just reaching gold 2 or sliver 10.

I just feel like this game is not going anywhere. I know you guys made be fully aware of what the community wants, different ideas, maybe you have something big and exciting planned also. I just think this game needs some sort of ground breaking ideas to keep the game fresh and going for a long time.

New Fight clubs

2 new city maps

Pve modes

Lots of new visual graphics

Expand Asylum map --------------> There's dirt roads outside the gate wall, not to mention other areas that need to be completed.

Expand Waterfront and Financial

I don't the engine upgrade is going to save this game, it needs a crap load of new content and stuff. But with little to no promotion for months now, again what the hell is really going on? We need some answers.

"needs some sort of ground breaking ideas" 

proceeds to list 7 year old ideas

_|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  

victoremz

victoremz

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 11-March 15
Actually, the Engine upgrade is the only thing that can save this game. The point of the upgrade is not just to add new graphics (it doesn't need them, the game is already beautiful), but instead, to make it easier to develop more content (content which APB really needs to survive) and, the most important thing, to increase the performance. The gameplay is what makes this game what it is, that's the most important aspect. And, of course, a better anti-cheat system, which I believe will come after the upgrade.

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1438 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

Actually, the Engine upgrade is the only thing that can save this game. The point of the upgrade is not just to add new graphics (it doesn't need them, the game is already beautiful), but instead, to make it easier to develop more content (content which APB really needs to survive) and, the most important thing, to increase the performance. The gameplay is what makes this game what it is, that's the most important aspect. And, of course, a better anti-cheat system, which I believe will come after the upgrade.

Actually, gogol is the savior of this game

we need a word from him here, wisdom shall be spread

or we need a word from Archmaester tko

Edited by Poperon, 09 March 2017 - 07:44 PM.

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

Well I'm sure Tiggs and crew don't want the game to die either.

...just sayin

yea because the company relies on APB... if APB goes down the company goes down with it... they still don't care about the game though, only about their jobs.

icon_pistol_snubnose.png"flawless", "there are no falsepositives, you got caught", said tiggs. and you all s*cked her d*ck for ages...  YouTube-icon.png

untill you see yourself on FFbans or one of your friends.

f*cking pathetic.

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Was this a riddle?

yea because the company relies on APB... if APB goes down the company goes down with it... they still don't care about the game though, only about their jobs.

If G1 only cares about their jobs and APBR is the game G1 relies on to keep their jobs, then it stands to reason G1 cares about the game, or else they wouldn't care about their jobs.

Did I win?

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4146 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

A battle royale thing would actually be better than most of their events. It would be a good way to have an anarchy type mode with an actual objective. If they gave prizes for doing well though I'm sure people would complain like they did with the 12 deaths of christmas thing. Also I'm sure people would end up teaming even if they weren't supposed to and gms wouldn't be nearly active enough to discourage it.

One thing this game is actually terrible about is F2P rewards. I've played some other F2P games recently and for the most part it seems like you get about a dollars worth of value for doing quests and things every day. APB for the most part has no way to acquire things that cost real money other than the 4x4 which also takes months IIRC for what a 30$ item. They should add all armas weapons to the Joker Store as permanent items for approximately the amount of joker tickets you can get in a month. I'm not even sure how many that is anymore, but even if they were 10k JT which I'm fairly sure is more than you can get in a month unless there are events it would give long time players something to grind towards. Plenty of F2P games have things which you can end up spending thousands of dollars on to get everything in the game including this one. Giving people a dollars or less worth of in game stuff a day still won't cut a chunk out of everything that is available for a long time. It would at least give long time players something to actually work towards other than grinding roles.

Edited by Chrispe, 10 March 2017 - 11:15 AM.

War Games

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

Was this a riddle?

If G1 only cares about their jobs and APBR is the game G1 relies on to keep their jobs, then it stands to reason G1 cares about the game, or else they wouldn't care about their jobs.

Did I win?

doing only the most necessary things to keep the game alive somehow without acutally doing things the community wants and the game needs isn't what I'd call "caring" for a game...

icon_pistol_snubnose.png"flawless", "there are no falsepositives, you got caught", said tiggs. and you all s*cked her d*ck for ages...  YouTube-icon.png

f*cking pathetic.

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14
G1 is not an EA or Ubi, doesn't own tons of populated games. APB is pretty much the only game they're getting money from, so closing APB means closing G1. They definetly don't want to lose their jobs :)

I'm bad 24/7.

Rebelliousness

Rebelliousness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Joined 24-January 12

Was this a riddle?

Did I win?

No because the history of this company is being divided and using money earned by APB to funnel into other mommyty projects and blow it all.  Hell, anyone remember when the Reloaded staff went out on a limb with all their creativity to make a BOMB of a hack n slash stupid video game (which failed in Kickstarter I believe)... the hell was that called again? Then they got laid off and made the failed Digitalcurvesgame company. G1 then did a kickstarter for the mommyty phone port Vendetta, and now they invested everything into a console port.  

How many brains does it take to tell you the investment money which came from a PC game, ought to go back into the PC game? why divert funds and FAIL FAIL FAIL dooming the damn original game that made you money?

"Ignoring the PC base for these garbage ports will have been the primary reason for the demise of this company tbh."-Schlonganola

InnerPieces

InnerPieces

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Let's not get carried away here. I took issue with a hole in the logic in someone else's comment and explained it by demonstrating where following the logic would lead.

Without working at the company, I couldn't tell you who does or doesn't care about their job. Clairvoyance is not within my skillset.

No because the history of this company is being divided and using money earned by APB to funnel into other mommyty projects and blow it all.  Hell, anyone remember when the Reloaded staff went out on a limb with all their creativity to make a BOMB of a hack n slash stupid video game (which failed in Kickstarter I believe)... the hell was that called again? Then they got laid off and made the failed Digitalcurvesgame company. G1 then did a kickstarter for the mommyty phone port Vendetta, and now they invested everything into a console port.  

How many brains does it take to tell you the investment money which came from a PC game, ought to go back into the PC game? why divert funds and FAIL FAIL FAIL dooming the damn original game that made you money?

I was around then, but it's true I forgot about the Kickstarter thing. Thanks for the chuckle.

Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Joined 03-May 12

I was expecting this post to just sink down in the forums but instead it got quite popular, neat lol

There are certain subjects that you can bring up a hundred times but no matter what will always attract a lot of posts. Examples: dethreating, golds in silver district, or nerfing guns

^ Guaranteed 40+ replies

Be a good girl. Take your pills. 

Ysaline

Ysaline

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1991 posts
  • Joined 08-March 14
Stop poking the corpse will you?

xuo_RFl_W22245555.png 

"You have been playing for an extended period of time. Please consider taking a break." 

Sodium

Sodium

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts
  • Joined 26-November 14

So... where's the engine upgrade at ? Op9yIPS.png

MySodiuM 14px-twitch-icon.png

Realization ; notSodium  (Citadel) ; Within (Jericho)

Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Joined 03-May 12

So... where's the engine upgrade at ? Op9yIPS.png

Rumor has it we're getting it this fall for sure. PC version. And a huge content update along with it. 

Be a good girl. Take your pills. 

Showtek

Showtek

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 16-August 14

no way dude

no way,apb is dead

http://steamcommunity.com/id/EislynAPB

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4146 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

Rumor has it we're getting it this fall for sure. PC version. And a huge content update along with it. 

Well rumors have been wrong like 10 times before. My guess at this point would be 2018 at the earliest, but who really knows. I really doubt the PS4 version is coming out in less than a couple months and I would guess there will be at least 6 months to a year between that and the PC version so it will probably be quite a while.

War Games

Reeses

Reeses

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 02-March 17

Wake up. Tiggs is the only who has slowly killed the game. Just because she posts on the forums ever so often doesnt mean she is helping the game. She posts sales for your money and then bans you. She makes outrageous claims and lies about the effectiveness of FairFight. You want players to test the game for the rest of us? Yeah...she killed that. Want players to help new players come into APB? Yeah. She killed that.

All she basically did was insult players on the forums, ban legit accounts of those she didn't like, tell us FairFight is flawless, and then unbanned people banned by said flawless anti-cheat.

APB has no hope with Tiggs around. She doens't know anything about the game or care. When it dies, she will go be toxic to another game. 

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

Wake up. Tiggs is the only who has slowly killed the game. Just because she posts on the forums ever so often doesnt mean she is helping the game. She posts sales for your money and then bans you. She makes outrageous claims and lies about the effectiveness of FairFight. You want players to test the game for the rest of us? Yeah...she killed that. Want players to help new players come into APB? Yeah. She killed that.

All she basically did was insult players on the forums, ban legit accounts of those she didn't like, tell us FairFight is flawless, and then unbanned people banned by said flawless anti-cheat.

APB has no hope with Tiggs around. She doens't know anything about the game or care. When it dies, she will go be toxic to another game. 

Are you still playing? Tiggs might ban you for this, even though most of us can't disagree about what you just said.

schlonganola

schlonganola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1773 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

Placing the blame squarely on Tiggs shoulders isn't fair. She is in an awkward spot as basically being an out-sourced CM who is stuck emailing her peers at G1, she has no real interaction with the developers (I'm assuming) and she is limited by conference calls with management. Having a CM who isn't even in the office is pretty idiotic in the first place, but this is G1 we are talking about, they aren't particularly business savvy.

She is working purely with the cards she was dealt and was hamfisted into a very broad role without any real help along with the issues of communication working from home bring. This means issues regarding support become glaringly apparent since she is left to either deal with issues autonomously from management or has to wait to discuss said issues during the once a week conference call with management. If I recall correctly she is also the CM for the rest of G1s "projects".

G1 is an abomination of a business, anyone can see that, so to put all the blame on Tiggs just isn't fair when there were more significant factors at play that helped create the untenable situation APB is in.

tl;dr the reason why APB is in such bad shape is because of the decision makers at G1 being out of touch with their own product, not because of some outsourced Community Manager who doesn't work on the weekends.

Edited by schlonganola, 12 March 2017 - 09:12 AM.

CAMHS1b.png.lBBaD6A.png. qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Reeses

Reeses

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 02-March 17

Are you still playing? Tiggs might ban you for this, even though most of us can't disagree about what you just said.

Ask people who have never said anything negative about the community or have done nothing wrong and are banned. She can ban my account...again. 

Placing the blame squarely on Tiggs shoulders isn't fair. She is in an awkward spot as basically being an out-sourced CM who is stuck emailing her peers at G1, she has no real interaction with the developers (I'm assuming) and she is limited by conference calls with management. Having a CM who isn't even in the office is pretty idiotic in the first place, but this is G1 we are talking about, they aren't particularly business savvy.

She is working purely with the cards she was dealt and was hamfisted into a very broad role without any real help along with the issues of communication working from home bring. This means issues regarding support become glaringly apparent since she is left to either deal with issues autonomously from management or has to wait to discuss said issues during the once a week conference call with management. If I recall correctly she is also the CM for the rest of G1s "projects".

G1 is an abomination of a business, anyone can see that, so to put all the blame on Tiggs just isn't fair when there were more significant factors at play that helped create the untenable situation APB is in.

tl;dr the reason why APB is in such bad shape is because of the decision makers at G1 being out of touch with their own product, not because of some outsourced Community Manager who doesn't work on the weekends.

Okay, yes, Tiggs isn't only to blame but it was pretty much Tiggs who was banning people for silly things before FairFight, banned people claiming it was FairFight, and posted on the forum that ALL FAIRFIGHT BANS ARE FOR CHEATING and continued to make the community more toxic.  

She played into their hands and created a huge mess. 

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

Typed on wrong topic, sorry.

Edited by Henryman90v2, 12 March 2017 - 06:48 PM.

Rebelliousness

Rebelliousness

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Joined 24-January 12

Wake up. Tiggs is the only who has slowly killed the game. Just because she posts on the forums ever so often doesnt mean she is helping the game. She posts sales for your money and then bans you...

I laughed so hard at this coke came out my nose.

giphy.gif

"Ignoring the PC base for these garbage ports will have been the primary reason for the demise of this company tbh."-Schlonganola

SamK

SamK

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

Ask people who have never said anything negative about the community or have done nothing wrong and are banned. She can ban my account...again. 

Enforcer   |   Jericho   |   Fake gold   |   I've discovered that I'm bad. :ninjalook:

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

Should we now imagine Tiggs doing this behind the scenes?

Edited by Henryman90v2, 13 March 2017 - 06:42 PM.

SamK

SamK

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

Should we now imagine Tiggs doing this behind the scenes?

It's what I'd do.

Enforcer   |   Jericho   |   Fake gold   |   I've discovered that I'm bad. :ninjalook:

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

why does G1 still not care about the falsepositives and inaccurateness of FairFight?

why do they keep ignoring it? are they really THAT convinced that FairFight is "flawless"? no one can be this stupid.

and if they eventually aknowledged it by now, why do they not talk to the community about this matter? do they not see that resolving the FairFight problem would make a huge -positive- impact on the playerbase, amount of people playing (especially veterans) and therefore even make more money (which is a necessary thing to keep things going obviously)?

f*cking pathetic.

Tronkles

Tronkles

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3856 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

Months? I've been gone for 4 years and the game still haven't done anything

I HAVE GM ON MY BALLS!!!!!!!!! MODARATORS TOO!!! U R ALL NOOBS!!!!!! I CAN gosh darn U EASY WITH MY STAR556 LVL9 TUTORIAL IDIOTS!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users