25 replies to this topic

悲しい春

悲しい春

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined 29-December 13

if anyone who built a ryzen-based pc could tell us his performance while playing the game, that would be sweet.

Nessie

Nessie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2143 posts
  • Joined 04-September 13

Probably still bad performance since the game isn't optimized at all for new components. You have better performance using older pc parts than new ones...

Give me a Cookie <3

Eixo

Eixo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 30-June 15

Probably still bad performance since the game isn't optimized at all for new components. You have better performance using older pc parts than new ones...

It doesnt matter if new or old components, all depends on clock of cpu,if you wanna better fps get high CPU clock you will get good fps..

Any quad core i5 with at least 3,2ghz will give you stable 60fps :)

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4127 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

It doesnt matter if new or old components, all depends on clock of cpu,if you wanna better fps get high CPU clock you will get good fps..

The game has problems on newer graphics cards. It uses so little gpu power that the graphics card thinks it is idling and downclocks which causes stutters. Really I think if it was only for apb you don't want anything newer than 700 series for nvidia.

BloodyViolet- Joker Crim Chrispe- Joker Enforcer
War Games

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4400 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

It uses so little gpu power that the graphics card thinks it is idling and downclocks

I find this statement hilarious for unknown reason.

[CPU: Got no work for you.]

communion-gif-denied-reaction.gif

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

HardStyler3

HardStyler3

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15

this is so wrong it gives me cancer 

if a cpu has 3ghz clock and has the same ipc as a 5 ghz cpu it would be the same speed in the game so this has nothing to do with clocks

its about ipc and optimization

ryzen is probably bugged with windows 10 because windows 10 is allocating ryzen cores wrong 

will get a patch very soon probably

other reason is apb will probably run fine but its an 8core 16thread part so it wont run as good as an i7 7700k with 5ghz clock because apb is single threaded sadly

if you are streaming and playing apb or do mutlipe workloads like playing apb and watching hd streams teamspeak and everything in the back ryzen could be smoother its already confirmed by many people that they switched from an i7 6700k to a ryzen 7 1700 and have a way smoother more stutterfree experience but a little bit less average fps 

which i would always take over more fps

I7 4790k @4,5ghz @ 1,2V, 16GB G.Skill 1600mhz, Sapphire R9 390 Nitro 8GB, 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1597 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

all this misinformation

[ IGN:  bruhTeo ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

Sapphire

Sapphire

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Joined 10-January 14

To sum up and correct some things, APB is highly dependent on CPU IPC (single threaded). Basically I'd recommend anything that has a score equal to or higher than 1100 on the CPU-Z single threaded benchmark (e.g.: if you're on a budget and don't mind ancient tech, then a core i5 2400 would be a great option). Then, out of the 3 Ryzen 7 chips, I'd recommend the R7 1700 since it has the best price/perf ratio .... but not now :  AMD stated they're releasing some new microcodes, and motherboard manufacturers are fixing some big BIOS issues (cf Asus Crosshair VI Hero), and you should definitely wait for Microsoft to update W10 for Ryzen's InfinityFabric support. So in the end :  either you buy a used CPU/mobo/RAM combo OR you wait for updates if you want to go R7 OR you wait for AMD to release their sub R5 1500X lineup since these CPUs will only feature a single CCX. ONLY THE RYZEN 3 LINEUP WILL FEATURE A SINGLE CCX

As for GPU performance, any decent DX9 capable card should do the trick, I've seen some HD 6770 max out APB perfectly. As far as performance issues go, it is definitely there with Pascal (Nvidia 10 series), and probably with Maxwell (Nvidia 9 series) but this is more of a driver issue, since it works perfectly on high-end new and old Radeons. As a side note though, Maxwell 1 doesn't seem to be affected by this, I tested it myself (aka GTX 750 (Ti)).

Edited by Sapphire, 16 March 2017 - 12:24 PM.

QjSCrfb.png   POUIC

FX-6300 @4.6 GHz // Radeon R9 290 stock @1050 MHz // HyperX Fury DDR3 8GB @2190 MHz

"It's got a soul."   VEGA

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4127 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

To sum up and correct some things, APB is highly dependent on CPU IPC (single threaded). Basically I'd recommend anything that has a score equal to or higher than 1100 on the CPU-Z single threaded benchmark (e.g.: if you're on a budget and don't mind ancient tech, then a core i5 2400 would be a great option). Then, out of the 3 Ryzen 7 chips, I'd recommend the R7 1700 since it has the best price/perf ratio .... but not now :  AMD stated they're releasing some new microcodes, and motherboards manufacturer are fixing some big BIOS issues (cf Asus Crosshair VI Hero), and you should definitely wait for Microsoft to update W10 for Ryzen's InfinityFabric support. So in the end :  either you buy a used CPU/mobo/RAM cobo OR you wait for updates if you want to go R7 OR you wait for AMD to release their sub R5 1500X lineup since these CPUs will only feature a single CCX.

As for GPU performance, any decent DX9 capable card should do the trick, I've seen some HD 6770 max out APB perfectly. As far as performance issues go, it is definitely there with Pascal (Nvidia 10 series), and probably with Maxwell (Nvidia 9 series) but this is more of a driver issue, since it works perfectly on high-end new and old Radeons. As a side note though, Maxwell 1 doesn't seem to be affected by this, I tested it myself (aka GTX 750 (Ti)).

Well I mean if you really want to go budget and know how to OC a pentium g3258 can get over 100fps in apb I'm pretty sure. That is kind of limiting for other games though. i5-2500ks or 3570ks can still handle pretty much any game fine especially with a bit of overclocking.

War Games

Sapphire

Sapphire

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Joined 10-January 14

Well I mean if you really want to go budget and know how to OC a pentium g3258 can get over 100fps in apb I'm pretty sure. That is kind of limiting for other games though. i5-2500ks or 3570ks can still handle pretty much any game fine especially with a bit of overclocking.

I can confirm a Pentium G3220 (2 cores, 2 threads, 3 GHz, $40) can run APB over 80 fps. But then it depends on the other games, yes.

QjSCrfb.png   POUIC

FX-6300 @4.6 GHz // Radeon R9 290 stock @1050 MHz // HyperX Fury DDR3 8GB @2190 MHz

RadeonPro

RadeonPro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

I'm running apb on windows 98 se with my fx 5500 card, 512 ddr2 memory, intel Pentium 3 600hmz, apb at the highest settings runs at 700fps all max out at 1920x1080. It's unreal guys, trust me.

HardStyler3

HardStyler3

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 22-February 15

To sum up and correct some things, APB is highly dependent on CPU IPC (single threaded). Basically I'd recommend anything that has a score equal to or higher than 1100 on the CPU-Z single threaded benchmark (e.g.: if you're on a budget and don't mind ancient tech, then a core i5 2400 would be a great option). Then, out of the 3 Ryzen 7 chips, I'd recommend the R7 1700 since it has the best price/perf ratio .... but not now :  AMD stated they're releasing some new microcodes, and motherboards manufacturer are fixing some big BIOS issues (cf Asus Crosshair VI Hero), and you should definitely wait for Microsoft to update W10 for Ryzen's InfinityFabric support. So in the end :  either you buy a used CPU/mobo/RAM cobo OR you wait for updates if you want to go R7 OR you wait for AMD to release their sub R5 1500X lineup since these CPUs will only feature a single CCX.

damn someone that knows stuff about hardware and has the newest news :D

can i be your friend x)

I7 4790k @4,5ghz @ 1,2V, 16GB G.Skill 1600mhz, Sapphire R9 390 Nitro 8GB, 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 

shyRUSLANARus

shyRUSLANARus

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 04-February 17

me rune amd duron need no rezen for %%$$$

Abysymal

Abysymal

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3845 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11

I'm running apb on windows 98 se with my fx 5500 card, 512 ddr2 memory, intel Pentium 3 600hmz, apb at the highest settings runs at 700fps all max out at 1920x1080. It's unreal guys, trust me.

You should try running at 900p 30fps, for a more cinematic experience.

Mad? No... I'm the only sane one left!

I play Dota and Dark Souls these days... APB is a "Watch to see if it turns into anything decent" game now.

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

Spoiler

damn someone that knows stuff about hardware and has the newest news :D

Very helpful indeed ;)

Votekick System For APB          Add A Legendary Grenade          Mod ideas          Easy VIP Mission Fix          Add Forfeit System

ilikecake

ilikecake

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Joined 23-January 11

i7 4770

game runs like garbage

lolz

I read hentai mangas for the storylines im srs.

Sapphire

Sapphire

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Joined 10-January 14

can i be your friend x)

While I'm not against it, you have no idea what you're getting into xD (some say I'm mean :<  )

QjSCrfb.png   POUIC

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

The game has problems on newer graphics cards. It uses so little gpu power that the graphics card thinks it is idling and downclocks which causes stutters. Really I think if it was only for apb you don't want anything newer than 700 series for nvidia.

The particles bog down the GPU even if total utilization is low. I wouldn't recommend anything lower performance than a GTX 960. Set Power management mode in Nvidia's control panel to "Prefer maximum performance". I haven't had downclocking issues with it set like this. If you want higher load, enable DSR - Factors to render the game at a higher res. This also allows you to have the AA affect without the green glow.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

SaturdayGhede

SaturdayGhede

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 08-August 14

The particles bog down the GPU even if total utilization is low. I wouldn't recommend anything lower performance than a GTX 960. Set Power management mode in Nvidia's control panel to "Prefer maximum performance". I haven't had downclocking issues with it set like this. If you want higher load, enable DSR - Factors to render the game at a higher res. This also allows you to have the AA affect without the green glow.

Not really. We had a number of older cards to test the game on. This included R7 260x oc from msi. R9 270 4GB from sapphire. R9 380 4GB and 2GB from sapphire. HD 7770 1GB by asus. HD 6670 by Asus. CPUS used were FX 8370, FX 6350, FX 6200, Athlon x4 860k, Athlon II x4 610e. Phenom ii x2 560 black and phenom ii x4 965

Amost every single pairing produced the same results. A rather steady fps of 60 to 45 with vsync on. With vsync off the best pairings did the best. What we found is that with any FX chip tested with any r9 380 we could get virtual super resolution turned on with zero impact to fps which means the limiting factor was the cpu. But because of this games horrid optimization you will not see significant gains or losses by using the newest or oldest chips or cards. It just runs the same on everything. Our worst results were on the 610 paired with the 6670. But that's to be expected. But it wasn't a meaningful loss dropping our lowestate fps to 29 but staying very close to 60. Hope this helps.

Eixo

Eixo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 30-June 15
And as for the GPUs if you use Dx9 card the game will run in dx9 mode but if you use dx11/12 card game will run at some hybrid dx11 which is definetly not optimized well... but as i remember Apb was running very good on kepler Nvidia GPUs my friend owns 2nd generation i5 2500k, gtx 660, 16gb ram and he is getting 80-101fps maxed

Sapphire

Sapphire

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Joined 10-January 14

And as for the GPUs if you use Dx9 card the game will run in dx9 mode but if you use dx11/12 card game will run at some hybrid dx11 which is definetly not optimized well... but as i remember Apb was running very good on kepler Nvidia GPUs my friend owns 2nd generation i5 2500k, gtx 660, 16gb ram and he is getting 80-101fps maxed

In its current shape,APB's rendering engine does not support DX11.

QjSCrfb.png   POUIC

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

Not really. We had a number of older cards to test the game on. This included R7 260x oc from msi. R9 270 4GB from sapphire. R9 380 4GB and 2GB from sapphire. HD 7770 1GB by asus. HD 6670 by Asus. CPUS used were FX 8370, FX 6350, FX 6200, Athlon x4 860k, Athlon II x4 610e. Phenom ii x2 560 black and phenom ii x4 965

Amost every single pairing produced the same results. A rather steady fps of 60 to 45 with vsync on. With vsync off the best pairings did the best. What we found is that with any FX chip tested with any r9 380 we could get virtual super resolution turned on with zero impact to fps which means the limiting factor was the cpu. But because of this games horrid optimization you will not see significant gains or losses by using the newest or oldest chips or cards. It just runs the same on everything. Our worst results were on the 610 paired with the 6670. But that's to be expected. But it wasn't a meaningful loss dropping our lowestate fps to 29 but staying very close to 60. Hope this helps.

If you're only getting 60fps due to CPU limits you're not going to see the drops from particles as often. I should of said if you want to run this game at it's maximum cap of 121fps that you're going to want a higher end graphics card.

Sorry about the off topic. When the Ryzen 5's release I'll see if I can get a build going and run some benchmarks in APB like I did with the RAM speeds a while back.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Chrispe

Chrispe

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4127 posts
  • Joined 26-March 14

Prefer maximum performance actually does nothing for the problem for me unless they have patched this problem. I have to use EVGA precision kboost to lock it to the max voltage and clock. MSI afterburner had a force voltage option that also seemed to work, but then at some point broke for me. Also the afterburner one required you to restart your computer to change it while the EVGA one only requires shutting DX programs.

War Games

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9764 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

It feels a tad to early to ask that, i mean the cpu(s) have barely came out recently.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

KyoukiDotExe

KyoukiDotExe

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

Without all the technical information.

It's actually true that one core having high clock speed helps in APB performance, thats how it used to be scaling back in the days APB was produced.

Throwing newer hardware at a software problem isn't helping though. APB seems to run on just one or even two cores if you are lucky, having more clock speed would benefit in generating the frames quicker. I went from 3.8 GHz i7 2600K to 4.8 GHz i7 2600K (same chip, same rig, nothing changeD) and gotten over 30-40 in max framerate. 

But going from a 580 to a 780 didn't help a singe thing.

It's true that Ryzen right now still has slight problems, but this shouldn't impact your gaming performance very much and most likely is resolved rather soon in a small Windows patch to schelude the cores better. But then again the software also needs to take advantage of this.

Regardless, it's a great chip! The value to performance ratio is awesome. If you were to buy a new rig soon, I would go this route. Any Ryzen chip will do amazing.

1800X only has a higher base clock which helps, but they all overclock to around 4.0~4.1 ish.

This is a great video covering it right now:

tl;dr APB needs engine update/upgrade to perform better because it's not using any of the newer techniques/hardware introduced in past years. (it doesnt even trigger speedstep boosting, or high performance power profile)

Edited by KyoukiDotExe, 08 March 2017 - 09:23 AM.

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Guide(s) by me to improve APB Framerate: - http://forums.gamers...-apb-framerate/ - http://forums.gamers...ess-stuttering/ - http://forums.gamers...utter-checktip/

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

APB runs on more than 2 cores. There's 2 threads that do most of the work and then there's a bunch of smaller threads. Going from a 580 to a 780 should of reduced, if not removed the fps drops from particles. A 2600K is faster in single thread performance STOCK than my current CPU OC'd yet I get over 110fps 90% of the time and the cap is 121.

The engine is not the problem, it's how Reloaded / RTW code. The console release proves it by getting lower fps than a similarly spec'd PC.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 09 March 2017 - 06:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users