Life Of Black Tiger

Gro

Gro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

Used to play GTA online and vcs via pcsx2 till my laptop collapsed. So now i'm playing vice city, and maybe will beat IV and episodes once again.

Edited by Gro, 27 February 2017 - 12:51 AM.

psypsy

psypsy

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Joined 22-June 15
Decided to buy a ps4 to try out the new FFXV and have been stuck on playing the ps4 since. Occasionally pop on the pc to play apb and civ type games.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

APB, Crossout, Just decided to finish my play through of Portal 2, and I just got an HTC Vive, so I'm messin around with a lot of VR games right now.  Accounting is one of the funniest games I've played in a long time.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 27 February 2017 - 11:55 AM.

psypsy

psypsy

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Joined 22-June 15
How are the VR games? I was looking into those but I've yet to actually try it out. Would you suggest it or wait until it gets better?

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

How are the VR games? I was looking into those but I've yet to actually try it out. Would you suggest it or wait until it gets better?

Well I'd recommend the Vive for sure, a lot of the games out now just seem like tech demos though.  However, Valve has confirmed that they are working on a couple of new titles (Including a new IP within the Half Life/Portal universe) that heavily utilize VR that are actually full fledged games and not just tech demos.

Short answer, Yes.  The resolution on the Vive is great compared to past VR headsets. (I also had an Oculus Rift DK1 and an OSVR HDK1 and the Vive's screen destroys both of them, especially the Oculus.) There's a bunch of fun things to mess around with on it, but not many big titles really use it much yet.  Albino Lullaby does if you're interested in that game.  The tracking on the headset and controllers is insanely accurate too.

If your PC can handle VR and you can afford it then go for it.  The Vive site has a test you can run to see if your PC is good enough for VR.  In my opinion the only problem is the lack of actual 'good' games.  Like full on long story and everything.  Almost all Source games support it now though, so you could play through Half Life 2 or any of those if you want to experience it differently.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 27 February 2017 - 01:32 PM.

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1723 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

Well I'd recommend the Vive for sure, a lot of the games out now just seem like tech demos though. However, Valve has confirmed that they are working on a couple of new titles (Including a new IP within the Half Life/Portal universe) that heavily utilize VR that are actually full fledged games and not just tech demos.

Short answer, Yes. The resolution on the Vive is great compared to past VR headsets. (I also had an Oculus Rift DK1 and an OSVR HDK1 and the Vive's screen destroys both of them, especially the Oculus.) There's a bunch of fun things to mess around with on it, but not many big titles really use it much yet. Albino Lullaby does if you're interested in that game. The tracking on the headset and controllers is insanely accurate too.

If your PC can handle VR and you can afford it then go for it. The Vive site has a test you can run to see if your PC is good enough for VR. In my opinion the only problem is the lack of actual 'good' games. Like full on long story and everything. Almost all Source games support it now though, so you could play through Half Life 2 or any of those if you want to experience it differently.

Can u use the headset to control the camera in games even if they aren't "vr compatible"?

Seems like it would be pretty cool/easy to aim at whatever you look at

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Can u use the headset to control the camera in games even if they aren't "vr compatible"?

Seems like it would be pretty cool/easy to aim at whatever you look at

Depends on the game really.  I wouldn't recommend trying it with apb lol.  That'd make ya sick because if you turn your head you would just orbit around your character and FF might notice unnatural mouse movements because your head doesn't move the same way as a mouse.  That's just me being paranoid though.  The Oculus DK1 worked like that in some cases, mostly when a 3rd party program is used to provide basic VR support, and I suppose if some games that weren't made for VR provided Vive support it could work like that with the Vive as well.  Most of the time your mouse moves separately from your head and you can see the crosshair move when you move the mouse.  Half Life 2, Quake 2, and pretty much any Source game has independent mouse movement.  VR definitely gives you no advantage in shooters besides depth perception.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9835 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Life Of Black Tiger

living the furry dream

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Sameriah

Sameriah

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 10-October 14

Fallout 4 ! , Gosh darn settlements , i hate you Preston garvey.

YWsyQKh.jpg -Science is the key to art , Art is nothing without music, Music is the harmony of life- ~My quote.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9835 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

i genuinely disabled him after the castle mission lol

though you can shut him up with the raider faction choice on the dlcs

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

APB: District Z.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

I think we all hate Presto Gravy.  Like, no, you've been a minuteman a lot longer than me, you're more experienced, I just woke up from a 200 year nap, you go buy the milk.  I'm not running your errands.  

Sameriah

Sameriah

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 10-October 14

i genuinely disabled him after the castle mission lol

though you can shut him up with the raider faction choice on the dlcs

Yea i pretty much liked those raiders at first but... 

Spoiler

I think we all hate Presto Gravy.  Like, no, you've been a minuteman a lot longer than me, you're more experienced, I just woke up from a 200 year nap, you go buy the milk.  I'm not running your errands.  

No kidding , a character like that should not be a follower either ,

Spoiler

Edited by Sameriah, 03 March 2017 - 02:06 AM.

YWsyQKh.jpg -Science is the key to art , Art is nothing without music, Music is the harmony of life- ~My quote.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9835 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Yea i pretty much liked those raiders at first but...

Spoiler

Nah the raiders were always sadistic twats, i mean, they even keep slaves & etc. 

No kidding , a character like that should not be a follower either , 

Me being like : Hey Preston ! wanna come with me explore the commonwealth together? . 

Preston : Sure but first we got a settlements that needs our help.

later on : Hey preston i think we should part ways now... .

Preston : Sure i'll head back to Sanctuary or what ever , but dont forget about those extra 22 settlements that need or help ! .

<after telling him about your story and the whole mama 420blazeitChems thing>
> yeah so i kinda need your help, help us reach this one place pls and go do that thing i should do but i will ask you to anyway :^)

foolish ninja

foolish ninja

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Joined 25-February 13

Playing games like Division, RSS, Hitman, Black Desert, Killing Floor 2. 

Feel free to add me

Sameriah

Sameriah

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 10-October 14

Nah the raiders were always sadistic twats, i mean, they even keep slaves & etc. 

Spoiler

Edited by Sameriah, 01 March 2017 - 04:18 PM.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9835 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

Spoiler

couldn't agree more sadly :(

i sort of hope i can find a good deal or someone generous enough to gift me a working gpu. Want really to contribute to the modding community and whatnot. 

pisses me off how some modders will straight up just copy something they find on google search. :/

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7188 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

In the DLC I favored the Operators till they had 1 settlement. 

But I'm a gonna kill them all if I go back to my first character instead. :P

I do like the raider radio in the commonwealth though.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2176 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13

I heard Blue Whale is pretty much fun, anyone here playing it?

XaMA1nH.jpg

~Living in a world of smart phones and stupid people~

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7188 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

Glad to know that there are gosh darned up people in the world. :P

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9835 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

russian roulette is more of my jam

foscor77

foscor77

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 14-June 14

after apb am playing paladins 

Sameriah

Sameriah

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 10-October 14

couldn't agree more sadly :(

i sort of hope i can find a good deal or someone generous enough to gift me a working gpu. Want really to contribute to the modding community and whatnot. 

pisses me off how some modders will straight up just copy something they find on google search. :/

Made this today in memories of the good old days :D :

Spoiler

Edited by Sameriah, 03 March 2017 - 01:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users