• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Chief Maki

Chief Maki

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 18-January 17

Imgur won't load image here so i'll just type the error when i run the launcher.

"APB Launcher settings failed to be written to the registry. Did you install the game properly using the APB installer?"

I downloaded and installed through steam. Although when i play the game, i don't go through steam, i just directly launch the apb launcher C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Launcher.

There's really no problem, i've had this since maybe when i first installed? idk, maybe because i am running the game through another account in my windows that isn't an admin. I tried running as admin but it still will show the message above.

I can still play the game as far as i remember, never had a problem. It just shows up, then i click the ok button and it closes, then it launches into the game.

my only problem is that i don't know if this has any effect on the game?

I  have a vague understanding of what the registry is. 

Anyways, i'm off to play the game!

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4538 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

uninstall steam version fully and download and install non-steam version this will correct that

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Chief Maki

Chief Maki

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 18-January 17

uninstall steam version fully and download and install non-steam version this will correct that

That takes hours. Especially the download. 

In any case, my game is working fine, just a minor error that one, after i press the ok button it closes then launches into the game.

My concern is if it affects the game.

So far i haven't noticed anything.

Edited by Chief Maki, 23 February 2017 - 10:09 AM.

LilySaberFateStayNight

LilySaberFateStayNight

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Joined 17-October 15

you need delete the regedits system it in gamefirsts flies then reinstall the game (don't use steam this will cause major problem in your screen you might have Direct message pop-up inside of steam) i recommend non-steam is better.     

by gamefirsts site and download from there

anime.jpg

TF2 engineer: NOPE! ,TF2 sniper: GOOD DAY!, TF2 heavy: Doctor?!, TF2 medic: Heavy? ,L4D Ellis: HOG WASH!!!, L4D couch: JOCKY!!!

LilySaberFateStayNight

LilySaberFateStayNight

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Joined 17-October 15

you need delete the regedits system it in gamefirsts flies then reinstall the game (don't use steam this will cause major problem in your screen you might have Direct message pop-up inside of steam) i recommend non-steam is better.     

by gamefirsts site and download from there

plus your friends in steam will pop-up everytime it get annoying time to time

anime.jpg

TF2 engineer: NOPE! ,TF2 sniper: GOOD DAY!, TF2 heavy: Doctor?!, TF2 medic: Heavy? ,L4D Ellis: HOG WASH!!!, L4D couch: JOCKY!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users